User Reviews for Imvexxy to treat Dyspareunia

Imvexxy has an average rating of 4.6 out of 10 from a total of 14 ratings for the treatment of Dyspareunia. 29% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 50% reported a negative effect.

Imvexxy Rating Summary

4.6/10 average rating

Compare all 6 medications used in the treatment of Dyspareunia.

Reviews for Imvexxy

calinative · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 17, 2020

“I have been using Imvexxy for 6 months. I use the 10mcg one time per week. I would be fine using the 4 mcg twice per week, but it is easier to use the 10 mcg once per week. One minor side effect I noticed is that sometimes I get a slight pelvic cramping a couple of hours after I insert it. It usually does not last more than a few minutes. Other than that, so far it is working for me. I am finally able to resume intercourse with no issues. Everything feels like it was before menopause. I spent a lot of money on the Mona Lisa touch prior to using Imvexxy and it did not work at all.”

kasey · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 16, 2019

“Pros: packaging is better than Yuvafem and Vagifen since it is inserted manually without all those plastic applicators. Cons: The first time I went to renew the Rx they hiked the monthly price by $15 (from $35 to $50). Otherwise I would have continued trying it for longer. Instead I ended up using it for only 8 weeks. The tablet dissolves easily, but that makes for significant discharge overnight. The tablet is pink (they use Red#40) and the discharge stains clothes (needed to use a stainremover) so I needed to use pantiliners at night.”

SassyG · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 13, 2020

“I have been taking Imvexxy 10mg twice a week for 6 months now at night before bedtime. It has not helped at all with painful intercourse and dryness. My dr told me not to expect instant results and to try it for a few months. I had also hoped for at least a small bump in libido, but nothing. I usually get a slight headache the day after using and there is some external burning as well. My hair feels thinner. I don't like having to insert the capsule manually; it's awkward and never feel that I've inserted it far enough. Have not had any of it come out, though. Also feel that I may be starting a yeast infection. This is not for me and I will discontinue after this month.”

Ingrid · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 3, 2020

“Have used Imvexxy for over a year. Dye should NOT be in a vaginal insert. I also have had leakage - with used overnight or during the day. A year on the medication - sex is still extremely painful and atrophy has not improved per my yearly exam. Many issues with getting the pharmacy to properly bill. Now my prescription just went up by more than $11 per month. Called the Imvexxy number and they tell me I have to wait until Jan 2021 to get another discount card. This has been an extremely frustrating experience between fighting to have the discount applied each month, no improvement with the painful sex, and the leakage of the drug.”

col June 30, 2020

“Used one Imvexxy tablet. Felt burning. Spotting, which I thought was blood. It was washed out pinkish, but it may have been the pink outside of the tablet. Felt burning for a day or two and will not use again.”

Dee · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 1, 2019

“I took Imvexxy for four months. It is an easy pill to pop in with little mess. However, I think the pill should be white because the pink discharge that you get from the pill could be confused with spotting. Anyway, the medicine worked right away for my pain with sex. However, I could not tolerate the pelvic cramping, breast tenderness, and hair shedding. I had to go off of it because I was too uncomfortable with these side-effects. I am now on Estrace cream and so far no bad side effects, but the only downfall is that it is messy. Ugh. Nothing is ever a perfect fit :)”

Jean · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 21, 2019

“I had been taking Imvexxy for almost 5 months. I had seen no positive changes. I started having heart palpitations after 3 months of usage. Then I began to notice pain from my fibroid tumors returning. I have discontinued taking this product. I’d rather have painful intercourse then live with fibroid tumors and heart palpitations. I’m wondering how many other women have had these same problems and never reported them.”

Dee · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 6, 2019

“I have taken Imvexxy for about five months. I took the 4 mcg and it helped. I probably should have taken the 10 mcg for painful sex. However, I had to stop using it-- pelvic cramping, breast tenderness, but the main thing that made me stop was my hair was falling out. I am sad because it was an easy fix for awhile.”

Karensolado · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 23, 2020

“Three months on imvexxy now. No issues at all other than a minor itch I had the first month I was on it but the minor issue went away after month two. Now on my third month going into my fourth month and things have been very positive.”

michblu · Taken for less than 1 month August 20, 2018

“Actually very very impressed with the results. My intercourse went from painful to very pleasurable within days after using imvexxy.”

Jo December 28, 2018

“Had abdominal swelling and a headache right away, couldn’t tolerate it; went back to vitamin e suppositories.”

amandahop · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 19, 2020

“All in all everything so far is a very delightful experience”

Char July 27, 2019

“Did not work for me and gave me headaches.”

Denise · Taken for less than 1 month August 23, 2018

“Really not impressed so far...”

Learn more about Dyspareunia