User Reviews for Estring

Learn more about Estring.

Atrophic Urethritis 2 reviews 45 medications

Atrophic Vaginitis 17 reviews 50 medications

6.2
Summary of Estring reviews 19 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Estring

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Estring makes a huge difference in my life. It restored my ability to have normal sex (win!), with no pain and with normal lubrication. I've used it for 2+ years. The first few months my weight went up 10+ lbs and I've been unable to lose weight. It is worth getting used to a new normal weight for me to feel normal again. I have a false advertising complaint against Estring. Their Coupon says in large letters, "Pay no more than $15 for your ESTRING prescription." The very fine print says. "savings are limited to $100 for each of 4 uses," meaning you only save $100 for each Rx, but this Rx is VERY expensive, so no one pays $15, but usually much more. Still some savings are better than none."

Everclimber (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 31, 2016

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I have been suffering and nothing else has worked. So I tried this and initially no pain but then it became so painful I had to remove it immediately. I will NOT be using this again. It caused me to have to urinate a LOT and a lot of pressure. Don't waste your money or time."

BeeCareful June 16, 2016

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Horrible. I would not recommend this to my enemy. I went through menopause 7 years before using this and all the while I stayed at a steady weight, no problems with weight gain. I used Estring for 3 months and gained 10 pounds. I think it did something to my hormones. Gaining weight wasn't the reason I stopped using it. I could not bear the extreme breast pain and and persistent abdominal cramps. I will never use anything like this again."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 3, 2016

For Atrophic Urethritis "I used this for vaginal and urethral atrophy. It worked great and I would still be using it but my job changed insurance and it's not covered. There is a coupon to reduce co-pay to $15.00"

Anon65P (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 25, 2016

For Atrophic Vaginitis "The estring worked very well for vaginal atrophy and dryness. Intercourse was no longer painful. However, I had it for three months and gained 7 lbs. during that time, (with no other changes to my diet or exercise regime), almost all of it showing up in my belly! I took it out for a few days while waiting to refill the prescription and immediately lost 2 lbs. As soon as I put the new one in, I re-gained the 2 lbs. in a matter of a few days. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep using it. I love the convenience, as I had tried Estrace cream and found it messy and a hassle to remember to use it, and the estring definitely alleviated my symptoms, but I can't stand the weight gain."

Dog Lady February 7, 2016

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Initially I had stomach pains, like period pains, then I got really bad PMT. When my husband asked if I wanted a cup of tea and my reaction was an extremely agressive 'why' I realised it was time to take out the ring. I thought I might be able to do a week on and a few days off but I got very sore within 36 hours of re insertion. I also put on weight which my osteopath says I can't afford to carry. I had a hysterectomy 20 years ago and now have vaginal atrophy, there seems no other treatment but I would not go back to this ever."

Fed up with estring January 26, 2016

For Atrophic Vaginitis "The estring was my answer to vagina dryness and extremely painful intercourse. And I wasn't even in menopause yet. I also had vuvlydynia causing extremely burn and pain. I had tried the cream, Estrace, but could never keep it up and didn't want to deal with it. Finally my doctor recommended the estring. After 2 or 3 weeks, I was feeling completely normal again. I've been using this for almost 9 months now, and I no longer have any pain, and the vuvlydynia seems to be gone. It's a miracle. I can actually have pain free sex once again."

jjgibbs (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 27, 2015

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I've been postmenopausal for nearly 7 years. Past the hot flash and insomnia stage. My issue was primarily vaginal dryness and painful intercourse, because the vaginal tissue had lost elasticity. I have used estrogen cream and vagifem. Both worked fine for awhile, but gradually became less effective. My doctor switched me to the Estring and I love it. I'm a little unsure about whether I inserted it correctly, because my husband could feel it. Also, I had a pelvic ultrasound for an unrelated issue and the Estring obstructed the tech's view. I reached down and popped the thing out and put it back when she was done - haha. Now, I do that for relations with my husband, too. I will follow-up with doc about proper placement."

Love It! December 26, 2015

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Can't really rate Estring properly since my total time using it was about three minutes. It felt awful. Removed it and re-inserted it. Still awful. Looked at pictures . Had it in correctly but to no avail. No way would my husband not feel it. I could feel it just walking about. I am a petite woman so maybe that is a factor. Some type of applicator would be helpful. Rinsed it off and put it away. Maybe I'll try again but I doubt it."

Mammy Bear December 2, 2015

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I just removed the ring after 3 weeks because after two weeks I started having hot flashes, low back pain and vaginal discharge. It has been 3 days now and the symptoms are abating. I did not like the bloat I was feeling and will go back to the Estrace cream, which is not as convenient but with which I did not have side effects."

anonymous cat (taken for less than 1 month) October 10, 2015

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I stopped using Estring after the first 3 month ring. I gained 10 lbs during those 3 months. My hot flashes returned and I still had pain during intercourse. I regret ever trying it. I wish I had my $150.00 back!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 6, 2015

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I've had phenomenal experience with the Estring. My boyfriend refills the prescription, and he remembers when it is time to change it. I do worry about the belly fat, I did not know it was related to the Estring. "

Working Great (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 2, 2013

For Atrophic Vaginitis "It's been working great but been having rapid heart rate on occasions with some migraine. Wondering could it be from the Estring ?? been on it for a few weeks and now I will inform my doctor may be it doesn't work well with my other medication I'm on. Hope it just my body need to adjust to it. It serve it purpose very well."

MrsWil9 September 16, 2013

"I had intercourse for the first time with my partner after inserting the Estring. I was well lubricated but was a little irritated during and afterwards. It even burned a little when I urinated afterwards. Hopefully, this will be a one-time experience. I'm contemplating removing the Estring the next time."

GreatExperience November 4, 2012

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I had extreme pain during intercourse and also experienced severe atrophy. The Estring provided a miracle solution. I have had no side effects, except a little weight gain. My vagina seems to be more lubricated and intercourse is no longer painful. I am wondering if it is okay to go in a hot tub and take hot baths with it. I have not found the answer to this question anywhere."

skiier jan March 24, 2010

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Initially I thought it was the miracle drug. Then 7 months after I started using it I started to have unusual back pain and sensitivity to my spine and numbness and tingling to the bottom of my feet. I took the ring out and started to have immediate relief and 2 days later my back pain was totally gone."

Anonymous September 10, 2009

For Atrophic Urethritis "I tried it for post-menopausal incontinence and vaginal odor. I loved the delivery system (insert it and forget it), but it didn't work for me. "

Anonymous August 12, 2009

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I didn't realize how much this was a great product until I stopped using it. The only reason I stopped it because it is no longer covered by my insurance. I didn't want something that was a traditional HRT. I just wanted something for atrophy, my my doctor suggested Estring. Wonderfully, Estring helped me with my hot flashes, insomnia, irritability, emotional roller coaster, AND atrophy. I just wish it didn't cost so much."

Anonymous August 2, 2009

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I had no problem inserting the ring and I was able to get it in far enough that I don't even know it's there. So far it's been in for two weeks and the only side effect I've noticed is an occasional lower backache which has not been bad at all. If this truly works I will be one happy camper. So will my husband."

IrelandGirl July 6, 2009

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Estring is great. I have previously tried Premarin and Estrace cream and Vagifem tablets without success. Estring is not messy and you don't even have to think about it. It provides the necessary hormones to relieve the other symptoms without other issues."

Anonymous June 10, 2009

For Hypoestrogenism "Has help greatly with hot flushes from chemo induced menopause."

Anonymous September 29, 2008