User Reviews for Estring

Atrophic Vaginitis
6.1

Summary of Estring reviews 6.5 31 reviews

Reviews for Estring

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I've absolutely stop looking and spending money on lubes, vitamins, etc I'm 46 and all my lab work comes back normal but my yoni says different. I'm way too active to let vaginal dryness stop my life. I decided to get the Estring after a couple of years of battling with dryness and it was the BEST decision of my life. After 2 weeks my yoni has no more dryness. No lube needed to start! We just go whenever we feel like it. Best decision I've ever made. Go for it if you're tired of googling and dryness."

Camii (taken for less than 1 month) July 11, 2018

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I was on this for vaginal dryness and painful intercourse. I inserted it on Wednesday but had to remove it by Sunday because it was causing back pain and cramping. I also had a “full” feeling in my vagina and I could feel the ring in there. I was hopeful for this and I like the convenience. But it’s too rigid and hard and uncomfortable. I’ve tried the vag creams and they are so messy. So not sure what to do now. The side effects are just not worth it."

Sb July 8, 2018

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Used to help with painful intercourse but no longer helps. I have burning stinging sensation that has gotten worse. Only problem is when I take out the estring, about 2 weeks later itching and irritation is back. Is this how menopausal women feel without any help? I do not want to keep using this until I get a 2nd opinion that if its safe for long term use. I definitely helps a little. I've been using it for maybe 2 or 3 years."

Juby December 3, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I had a hysterectomy in my 20’s and was on premarin for 20 years. I’m currently in my 60’s and about 6 years ago, I found sex painful, in large part because of vaginal atrophy and dryness. I have been using Estring for 5 years and it has helped. Putting it in and removing it takes practice. I insert it by pinching it and slipping it in sideways. It flips once it’s inside and with a gentle shove, positions itself where it belongs. Removing it involves a split second of discomfort as it flips on its way out. I swim and bathe with it. Often, remove it for intercourse since my partner would feel it. I have occasionally had some belly pressure and thought I might have a UTI. Removing it for a day helped. No weight gain; just of a lot of walking!"

Simka (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 1, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I had a hysterectomy @ 22 so my Dr. prescribed this over a year ago. I'm not as dry but still pain from the thinning of the walls. Hopefully after a longer time this will get better."

mirehc (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 15, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I have been post menopausal x 10 years due to my ovaries being removed. When I first put the ring in it was very painful. (why is it so large and relatively inflexible?!) I went to sleep and by morning it was much better. It must have moved up to a place that had more room nearer the top of my vaginal cavity. I couldn't feel it anymore. I can't say I really noticed much of a difference though after 3 months. The worst part was that I couldn't get it out. It was up so far that I could feel the top of it with my longest finger but I couldn't hook it. I had to go to the doctor to have it removed and that was very uncomfortable. It was not good for me at all. Maybe better for women who are just entering menopause."

janlan02 September 2, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Very effective related to dryness but stopped when urethra opening turned black."

KatyAA (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 23, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I started using estring ring a little over a month and a half ago. I was unsure if I really wanted to walk around for 90 days with this object in my vagina. I thought I would be able to feel it. I was so totally wrong! Finally after having it in my possession for a month I finally inserted it and waited for results. Menopause had caused my vagina walls to become thinner and dryer. Sex with my husband was frustrating! I still wanted to be intimate but my vagina was not cooperating! So here we are at the almost 2 month mark, and I am totally satisfied with my ring! My walls seem to have more elasticity, lubrication, and it feels like it belongs to me again!! I do not feel it at all, and my husband says it does not bother him."

Cut63 July 19, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Been using the estring for a few years and I don't like it at all. Putting it in is difficult and taking it out is worse. I used a plastic crochet hook to remove it. I noticed a foul smell from my vagina when I peed and when slept in the was nude. Finally pulled out the estring with the crochet hook for the last time. The odor was gone. I will probably use Premarin."

Judy Jersey April 8, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I have been using it for almost 10 years - was definitely not this expensive when I started. My first cost was only $75, then it went to $100 and my doctor gave me one of the manufacturers coupons. I did only pay $15 for each ring until last year when I needed a new prescription. The new coupon has a max. discount amount of $100 and the product is almost $400. I am thinking of stopping - it seems the more popular it got the more expensive it got. I don't like the weight gain but enjoying sex with my husband is a way better trade off. I may just to back to the hassle of the cream."

AAW01 March 23, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I've been using Estring for 10 years without any side effects whatsoever. Just recently have gained 10 lbs and can't figure out why. Also cannot get it off. Perhaps it's time to stop the treatment and see what happens. My question if anyone can share, once stopped, does the sweating and other symptoms return? I've just turned 60 and feel great. Don't want to have the unwanted effects. But totally open to stopping the Estring if it's dangerous to continue after all these years. My most recent dr said it's ok to stay on it even though mother and sister have had breast cancer."

Jleo January 28, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I have suffered from vaginal/vulva pain since menopause started about 5 years ago. I've been treated by various doctors for vulvodynia/interstitial cystitis but my current doctor suggested the Estring because I have obvious atrophy symptoms that could account for a lot of my symptoms. Sadly this product just made my vaginal/bladder issues worse - pressure, irritation and discharge. I waited 3 weeks but finally removed it myself. Hoping I'll start feeling better soon. I wasted $279 to feel even worse. They should consider a redesign with a softer and more comfortable ring and bioidentical estrogen to reduce health risks. I've seen a lot of negative reactions online to this."

Ophelia_40 (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2017

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Estring makes a huge difference in my life. It restored my ability to have normal sex (win!), with no pain and with normal lubrication. I've used it for 2+ years. The first few months my weight went up 10+ lbs and I've been unable to lose weight. It is worth getting used to a new normal weight for me to feel normal again. I have a false advertising complaint against Estring. Their Coupon says in large letters, "Pay no more than $15 for your ESTRING prescription." The very fine print says. "savings are limited to $100 for each of 4 uses," meaning you only save $100 for each Rx, but this Rx is VERY expensive, so no one pays $15, but usually much more. Still some savings are better than none."

Everclimber (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 31, 2016

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I have been suffering and nothing else has worked. So I tried this and initially no pain but then it became so painful I had to remove it immediately. I will NOT be using this again. It caused me to have to urinate a LOT and a lot of pressure. Don't waste your money or time."

BeeCareful June 16, 2016

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Horrible. I would not recommend this to my enemy. I went through menopause 7 years before using this and all the while I stayed at a steady weight, no problems with weight gain. I used Estring for 3 months and gained 10 pounds. I think it did something to my hormones. Gaining weight wasn't the reason I stopped using it. I could not bear the extreme breast pain and and persistent abdominal cramps. I will never use anything like this again."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 3, 2016

For Atrophic Urethritis "I used this for vaginal and urethral atrophy. It worked great and I would still be using it but my job changed insurance and it's not covered. There is a coupon to reduce co-pay to $15.00"

Anon65P (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 25, 2016

For Atrophic Vaginitis "The estring worked very well for vaginal atrophy and dryness. Intercourse was no longer painful. However, I had it for three months and gained 7 lbs. during that time, (with no other changes to my diet or exercise regime), almost all of it showing up in my belly! I took it out for a few days while waiting to refill the prescription and immediately lost 2 lbs. As soon as I put the new one in, I re-gained the 2 lbs. in a matter of a few days. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep using it. I love the convenience, as I had tried Estrace cream and found it messy and a hassle to remember to use it, and the estring definitely alleviated my symptoms, but I can't stand the weight gain."

Dog Lady February 7, 2016

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Initially I had stomach pains, like period pains, then I got really bad PMT. When my husband asked if I wanted a cup of tea and my reaction was an extremely agressive 'why' I realised it was time to take out the ring. I thought I might be able to do a week on and a few days off but I got very sore within 36 hours of re insertion. I also put on weight which my osteopath says I can't afford to carry. I had a hysterectomy 20 years ago and now have vaginal atrophy, there seems no other treatment but I would not go back to this ever."

Fed up with estring January 26, 2016

For Atrophic Vaginitis "The estring was my answer to vagina dryness and extremely painful intercourse. And I wasn't even in menopause yet. I also had vuvlydynia causing extremely burn and pain. I had tried the cream, Estrace, but could never keep it up and didn't want to deal with it. Finally my doctor recommended the estring. After 2 or 3 weeks, I was feeling completely normal again. I've been using this for almost 9 months now, and I no longer have any pain, and the vuvlydynia seems to be gone. It's a miracle. I can actually have pain free sex once again."

jjgibbs (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 27, 2015

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I've been postmenopausal for nearly 7 years. Past the hot flash and insomnia stage. My issue was primarily vaginal dryness and painful intercourse, because the vaginal tissue had lost elasticity. I have used estrogen cream and vagifem. Both worked fine for awhile, but gradually became less effective. My doctor switched me to the Estring and I love it. I'm a little unsure about whether I inserted it correctly, because my husband could feel it. Also, I had a pelvic ultrasound for an unrelated issue and the Estring obstructed the tech's view. I reached down and popped the thing out and put it back when she was done - haha. Now, I do that for relations with my husband, too. I will follow-up with doc about proper placement."

Love It! December 26, 2015

For Atrophic Vaginitis "Can't really rate Estring properly since my total time using it was about three minutes. It felt awful. Removed it and re-inserted it. Still awful. Looked at pictures . Had it in correctly but to no avail. No way would my husband not feel it. I could feel it just walking about. I am a petite woman so maybe that is a factor. Some type of applicator would be helpful. Rinsed it off and put it away. Maybe I'll try again but I doubt it."

Mammy Bear December 2, 2015

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I just removed the ring after 3 weeks because after two weeks I started having hot flashes, low back pain and vaginal discharge. It has been 3 days now and the symptoms are abating. I did not like the bloat I was feeling and will go back to the Estrace cream, which is not as convenient but with which I did not have side effects."

anonymous cat (taken for less than 1 month) October 10, 2015

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I stopped using Estring after the first 3 month ring. I gained 10 lbs during those 3 months. My hot flashes returned and I still had pain during intercourse. I regret ever trying it. I wish I had my $150.00 back!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 6, 2015

For Atrophic Vaginitis "I've had phenomenal experience with the Estring. My boyfriend refills the prescription, and he remembers when it is time to change it. I do worry about the belly fat, I did not know it was related to the Estring. "

Working Great (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 2, 2013

For Atrophic Vaginitis "It's been working great but been having rapid heart rate on occasions with some migraine. Wondering could it be from the Estring ?? been on it for a few weeks and now I will inform my doctor may be it doesn't work well with my other medication I'm on. Hope it just my body need to adjust to it. It serve it purpose very well."

MrsWil9 September 16, 2013