User Reviews for Relpax

Learn more about Relpax.

Relpax Rating Summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 129 medications used in the treatment of Migraine.

Reviews for Relpax to treat Migraine

"Relpax is an amazing medication that completely ceases my migraine pain, nausea and light sensitivity within an hour. I have luckily no side effects or groggy feelings. I read that it hasn't worked for some, my doctor told me if your headaches are cluster or other then this medication will have no affect and your headache will remain. :-("

Funkybandit (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 30, 2016

"I have been getting migraines for 23 years, I'm 43 now. I get 3 -4 migraines per week. I used to take imetrex but that started to not so well. It usually took 60 to 90 min to work and I would always feel tired after taking it. I went to a neurologist and he started me on Relpax. What a difference! I have 80mg pills that I cut in half. Within 30min I am good as new. No major side effects for me which is great. I highly recommend giving it a try. I still get about 4 migraines a week but I can take 40mg and they go away. Now if I could only find a daily pill that would reduce the frequency of my migraines...."

Anonymous August 21, 2016

"Suffered w migraine headaches my entire life of 42 years. As of Nov '15 i was prescribed relpax and if taken as soon as migraine starts w a glass of water and 30-40 minute nap i feel brand new, however as miraculous as this medicine is, i can no longer afford it. Medical mystery pain such as migraine headaches shouldn't be made unaffordable. It's a shame..."

Jry (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 24, 2016

"I take the 40 mg of Relpax as needed for migraines. I have had migraines for over a year now. I also take a daily preventive medicine so I feel like with the preventative medicine that if I need to take the Relpax it is very helpful. The only thing I do not like about it is that it tends to make my neck and jaw sore. But other than that it does it's job for me and get's rid of my migraines and hardly ever do I have to take 2 of them."

Whitney T (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 24, 2016

"I use to love this medication! I would take it and it took my migraine away within an hour. About a year ago I took it and my throat felt like it was closing up and my heart was racing. I tried taking it again and the same thing happen. I am very sad I can no longer take it because it worked great to relieve my throbbing migraine pain."

Health Warrior April 23, 2016

"Relpax 40 mg is my go-to medication when I have a bad migraine. I have tried almost all triptans, and this works best for me. If taken ASAP, it typically zaps my migraine within 60-90 mins. Relpax makes me feel spacey, “floaty” and tired so I usually take it and then lay down for a nap. The side effects disappear within an hour or two. This seems to be stronger than Imitrex (sumatriptan) or Maxalt (rizatriptan). Not sure if it is actually stronger or just works better for me. It is quite expensive, even with insurance."

mafzal89 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 5, 2016

"I have had migraines for over 20 years, I started using Relpax about a year ago and it works all the time and every time with a single 40 mg dose. This drug is a life saver, I only wish there was a preventative that worked along the same lines as Relplax. It is pricey but I really have no other options. I tried the generic but it did not work, I don't understand the science behind it but only the name brand Relpax works for me. I use generics for all of my other meds and they seem to work fine..... I guess."

RichF26 March 29, 2016

"Can't live without it! I have at least one migraine a month and this medication is always successful in bringing me relief. The side effect I experience is grogginess while it is taking effect, but once the medicine wears off, the fatigue is gone along with my migraine."

Z4HP (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 16, 2016

"I took Relpax today for the second time, took it once before. It has given me No relief what so ever and I'm experiencing the same side effects as the first time I took it. Before you wonder why I would take it a second time, I thought perhaps I had just been in so much pain before I would give it another go. I have severe back pain, numbness and tingling in my fingers and ringing in my ears. Also, the migraine seems to have gotten worse. Now my eye has so much pressure, it feels like it's bugging out of my face. I will NEVER take this drug again."

MICHELE HELTON February 28, 2016

"Took this for the first time today for a migraine and it made me sooo sick to my stomach. Severe nausea and crampy stomach pain. Will not take this again."

Nichole Brittanie February 27, 2016

"I'm 19 and have been suffering with migraines for about a year now. My GP advised me to try Relpax out as it was impacting my work life. I am on the 80mg dosage and it does work really well. I already suffer from photosensitivity and when a migraine hits, a simple phone light is unbearable. Within a couple of hours my added light sensitivity and nausea is gone and my head pains dulls down to a mild inconvenience. I am there rare case in which the side effects include jaw and neck pain. When I do take it my jaw feels like its ready to explode but after the 2 hour mark there is no more pain. I would recommend this to people who are suffers but just be weary of the side effects."

Lazzaraz (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 18, 2016

"This is a miracle drug for me. Just wish I could take it during the day while at work. It also expensive as I have a high deductible so I am selective when I use it."

Sniffirg January 24, 2016

"I was given this as a sample from my family doctor and was almost in tears the first time I took it because for the first time in 8 years, my migraine went away without me having to take a trip to the ER. In combination with Zofran, this was literally a miracle for me, I'm so happy with it. Best rescue drug ever."

Katie418079 January 16, 2016

"I've had migraines for many years and have seen several Dr.'s over the years for them. I've been advised to take 4 advil and Xanax and sleep it off. I've been advised to take Imitrex. I've taken Bupap. I used to go to the Dr. for shots to relieve the pain from migraines. My most recent Dr. referred me to a Neurologist. He prescribed Replax. It is a life saver. Of course, he made me get off of caffeine, and they make sure I get plenty of sleep. He also prescribed Phenergan as needed. I'm now on a preventive medicine: amitriptyline. This treatment seems to be working. I've have not missed any work days for over 6 months now. I give Relpax a "10"."

Migraines are Migraines January 8, 2016

"This drug worked so well, once a migraine has started, that I now cut them in half and it still always works. That's good because the drug is expensive. No side effects whatsoever for me."

Ladybug 5 December 17, 2015

"I had been taking Treximet and paying privately as my insurance didn't have it on their formulary and the generic for whatever reason didn't work. After finding out the cost was going to tripple, I saw a headache specialist to find something else and I was given relpax samples... These are wonderful and I now have a prescription for them! I do feel somewhat drowsy for about 12 hours after taking the relpax which I also have to take with one Aleve and as some others have noted, I do find myself needing to pee more often. These side effects are definitely worth it & my insurance covers 4 pills at a time. I wait 4 days then get another refill, paying my copays. I also found the coupon to pay no more then $10 during a refill 1x per month. Yea!!"

Crunchy1 October 29, 2015

"I've had migraines for the last 10 years. Replax is the 2nd prescription I've tried. Two hours after the 1st dose my migraine was no longer in the usual cluster location my entire brain was ready to explode. As directed I took the 2nd dose. After 8 hours I finally felt better in that I could function again. 24 hours later I'm still "foggy", sleepy and have had several rebound headaches. I will not take this drug again."

12BooBoo October 9, 2015

"So I've just recently started suffering migraines due to stress tension in upper traps which doesn't help and hormonal. I'm 31 and I have never had migraines like this. I tired bupap for my tension headaches and after taking them it made it 10 times worse to the point it would turn it into a horrific migraine. My doctor suggested relpax. I took it for the first time today as I felt symptoms come on this morning. I thought it was more tension so I thought I would give bupap another try...45 mins later the throb started coming on. So I called pharmacist and he gave me ok to take relpax. 30 mins later. I AM PAIN FREE! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT. Will update on side effects. So far so good!"

Mazzypig (taken for less than 1 month) September 26, 2015

"This is my MIRACLE drug! I've suffered with migraines since around the age of 16, now 33. I've tried tons of different medications but Relpax, although terribly expensive, has been the ONLY solution for me. The only real side effect I have trouble with is entire body sensitivity to touch. Literally, just putting a bar of soap to my skin hurts. However, it's only temporary and I'd much rather that temporary feeling than a migraine. Can't wait until there is a generic! GREAT medicine!"

MigraineLady September 17, 2015

"I recently started experiencing severe migraines following a whopping concussion. They completely take me out with crazy pain, pressure, dizziness, and confusion. They often last around 12 hours and are accompanied by nausea and vomiting. Today my neurologist prescribed me relpax. It was perfect timing as I felt a migraine coming on this evening. At first, I didn't think it was working, but right at about 45 minutes, I began to feel relief. After two hours, I feel so much better! I feel a little bit drowsy, but completely worth it! I am so grateful for relpax! It works!"

DanE7 (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2015

"I have had migraines for 30 years. For many years i just suffered and pushed through no matter how bad it was. About 10 years ago i started with migraine fog and could not focus or remember anything to the point i was at my grandmas house all the time just so she could watch the baby so I wouldnt forget to feed her or take care of her because i was in such tremendous pain. ER visits were frequent and the local ER put me on the drug seekers warning. I was suffering 15 plus days a month!! I have tried every trip drug on the markert and sumatryps made my face feel on fire, turn bright red and nose bleed. Then my neurologist said try this... And let me tell ya it was a GOD send! I love it!! Best stuff ever!$$$"

Migraine Mom (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 13, 2015

"I have suffered from migraines for over 15 years (I am 28), and I have tried EVERYTHING, from heavy drugs, to Advil, and nothing has worked for me. I actually fit into a small percentage of people whose migraines worsen when taken medications. Relpax has been the only thing that has given me relief. It is expensive, but on the same my neurologist gave me, there was a coupon to get my monthly prescription for only $10; (I got 6 pills for $10, instead of $50)."

Clajefa July 10, 2015

"I suffered for years with migraines, I have lost intire weekends and days from these headaches. Relpax is a life saver , I had times I thought I wanted to die during these headaches . No more , don't have to suffer anymore get the script. It works. Does make you pee alot"

Champ62 July 7, 2015

"I am a pharmacist and due to the stress of my job, I get horrific migraines. Tried the other Triptans. All of them made my heart feel like it was going to pound right out of my chest. But not Relpax. What a life saver! Expensive, yes! Worth it, ABSOLUTELY! Just FYI, I think a generic will be coming out in 2016. The only weird side effect I get is it makes me have to pee, which is fine except when you have a migraine, you want to lay there u til it goes away. Having to get up to use the bathroom every hour is a bit annoying. But still a very very small price to pay compared to dealing with the pain of a migraine!"

Pharmacist withmigraine (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 29, 2015

"I had to pay full price for the Relpax, until I found the coupon for 3 pills a month for $10.00. Although it is so very expensive, going to the hospital is far more costly! Recently, I had surgery, and developed a migraine while in the hospital. The hospital didn't carry Relpax, so my husband had to bring it from home. When I get a migraine, Relpax is the only relief for me! Being a senior and on limited funds, I wish it were cheaper! I have had migraines all my life as well as my father did also. It has been a miracle treatment for me!"

AKauff (taken for 10 years or more) March 24, 2015