User Reviews for Syeda to treat Birth Control

Syeda has an average rating of 4.0 out of 10 from a total of 15 ratings for the treatment of Birth Control. 27% of those users who reviewed Syeda reported a positive effect, while 67% reported a negative effect.

Syeda Rating Summary

4.0/10 average rating

Compare all 267 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Syeda

Jolene · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 5, 2021

“I’ve been on Syeda for almost 2 going on years. I’ve never really had a major issue with it. I do find when I’m on my “break week” that I’m very emotional and I get upset by the slightest inconvenience. Other than that, I’m on track from Sun-Sat and when I’m on the break week my period doesn’t usually start till the Wednesday and I have a full 5-7 day period. Everyone’s body is different, find what works for you!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month April 21, 2021

“Took Syeda a week started feeling weak, tired and depressed. Second week my face started breaking out; now I stop taking them and my period started I’m guessing this is what it is because I’m not due to start my period for a few more weeks.”

Girlwithbook · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 17, 2021

“My pharmacy gave me Syeda as a generic for Yasmín and just now I'm realizing this birth control is the cause for my longer periods and on going spotting. I’m definitely going back to my doctor and switching to a different one. This one does not work.”

anise_elle · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 29, 2021

“DO NOT TAKE Syeda! During Covid-19 my pharmacy switched me to Syeda from Ocella, didn’t think anything of it. Oh boy was I wrong. Gained 20 lbs FAST, had severe acne, and crazy depression and anxiety. Thought it was all due to Covid-19 stress. However from doing my research, I am now learning Syeda messed me up! Throwing it out now.”

Bell · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 23, 2020

“I started Syeda, because I am an athlete and need a birth control to help me not put weight on. The pharmacist told me women gain weight because they think that the birth control alters their eating habits, but this hasn't altered my eating habits at all. It helped me stay at the same weight and has worked very well with my skin after just taking it for 3 months. My eating habits are very healthy, and this birth control has not put weight on me whatsoever.”

Arc May 14, 2020

“Until I had to move back home from university because of COVID I had been using Ocella which had been alright for me. My boobs swelled and it is possible I had weight gain but I had just gotten off the IUD which messed me up bad. But when I came home no where had Ocella so my pharmacy gave me Syeda. I have type 2 bipolar disorder mixed with anxiety symptoms and taking Syeda for two weeks sent me spinning. My anxiety and hypomania have been awful, some of the worst I’ve had in a long time. It was not like this with Ocella and I don’t know why the pharmacies in my hometown are not allowed to provide it but I will not be taking Syeda again and would hesitate to recommend it to anyone.”

hannah94 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 11, 2019

“I've just started my 3rd pack of Syeda and I break out less, my boobs are bigger, no real side effects, less moody during periods, and it does it's the main job pretty well. My periods are also a bit lighter now too.”

NelsonGirl · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 3, 2020

“Never again. My pharmacy tried for years to randomly give me Syeda, even though I would repeatedly ask for Ocella. In January the pharmacy tech insisted she give me two packs of BC, and it was Syeda. When I went back in March I was given two more packs of Seyda. I didn't care to argue because this was around the start of the COVID19 Pandemic, and I figured they were stressed enough. After 4 months however I have had enough. I have gained weight from my increased appetite, I lost all motivation and enjoyment for things I once enjoyed, and I have been feeling more anxious. I don't care what a pharmacist says, generic doesn't me the same”

raq October 27, 2020

“So this is my first time taking birth control and I'm 19 and I'm only starting my second week on Syeda. So far it has been very bad for me. i already have anxiety and so far it has made it 100% worse to where I feel like I'm back tracking with my mental health like I can't control it. My acne is starting to have redness and I never really had that before and I'm eating so much. I'm getting my birth control changed asap and would not recommend”

Al · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 21, 2020

“I was on Sydea for greater than 2 years. I experience spotting throughout the experience (which is why I am changing my birth control now). I figured I'd give it some time. I also experienced minor acne/rash on my cheeks during my period. Other than that, no mood swings, period were regular, acne was clear while on the pill and no weight gain or bloating. I was 24 when i started the pill, weight about 125. Giving it a 6/10 because of the spotting was very annoying!”

As · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 8, 2021

“THIS WAS THE WORST BC EVER! My doctor prescribed me to name brand Yazmin and somehow my pharmacy gave me Syeda for months. I have bled almost every day even when taking it, cramps like NO OTHER, knee pain, rash on my chest, anxiety as well. This is generic birth control that DOES NOT WORK! If I could rate a 0 I would.”

Steph · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 2, 2021

“AWFUL. I was given Syeda by my pharmacy and the first month I felt “weird” and different. More emotional. The second month I am a total wreck. I’m stopping these today - do not recommend at all. And I broke out more.”

Ashley Miletta · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 3, 2021

“Syeda worked on the positive side of middle ground for me. Nothing notably amazing, but certainly nothing terrible. I do not recall any weight gain or changes in acne,affected my breast size only slightly (did experience some breast soreness during the first month or two, but was expected). The first month was a bit hectic emotionally. Periods were regulated, but cramps were only slightly lessened and periods did not decrease in length (stayed at my normal 4-5 days). I decided to go off of Syeda after I moved pharmacies and was unable to take it for a month. After getting off for that month, I recognized my mood/anxiety being noticeably better than when I was on. Maybe it was my own placebo, but I decided that I had probably not noticed the mood changes while on Syeda, and it was time to switch. Overall though, no complaints! Just was not the exact best fit for me.”

JessiCakes · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 25, 2019

“I was taking Zarah for a while which is the generic for Yasmin it was working perfectly for years. Then all of a sudden my mail order pharmacy started sending me Syeda in December 2018. As soon as I took it, the first week I was breaking out non-stop on my chin. If you're breaking out on your chin, most likely it's related to hormones. Every day I was getting a new zit and new bumps I was really upsetting. Until I called my Dr and then she prescribed me Gianvi and after the very first day, I saw a difference in my skin almost immediately. I will never take Syeda again due to my horrible experience.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month March 19, 2020

“I was 17 at the time starting taking Syeda for 5 days because I have PCOS and I experienced my first anxiety attack, it was the worst thing I’ve ever been through and it traumatized me. I also didn’t feel like myself when I was on the pills, I felt different overall, I was more down, more sad. I stopped taking the pills after the anxiety attack and I went back to norma, I felt like my old self again, I felt better, and I was happy again.”

Steph · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 13, 2020

“Generally I do not complain about birth control until I’ve taken it for at least 3 months. This time I couldn’t do it. I only lasted a month. Syeda made me heavy bleed and cramp the entire month. I also had huge cysts around my jawline. I’m someone that usually researches before agreeing to taking a medication. I wish I had. Syeda has been ineffective for some people resulting in pregnancy. Although it only happened to that same person twice while taking Syeda it’s enough to scare me away especially for making me virtually useless for an entire month. I just advise some caution.”

Eyelife4me · Taken for less than 1 month September 17, 2020

“I started this to see about balancing my hormones. I was adamant that I had to be on something that wouldn’t cause weight gain. Well so far no weight gain, but the acne I’m experiencing is a 100% no go! I have little bumps everywhere, like texture. I have cysts on my neck. I won’t be taking this again!”