User Reviews for Syeda

Syeda has an average rating of 3.4 out of 10 from a total of 45 ratings on Drugs.com. 19% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 70% reported a negative experience.

Birth Control
3.5
Acne
2.6
Summary of Syeda reviews 3.4 45 reviews

Reviews for Syeda

anise_elle · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · January 29, 2021

For Birth Control: “DO NOT TAKE Syeda! During Covid-19 my pharmacy switched me to Syeda from Ocella, didn’t think anything of it. Oh boy was I wrong. Gained 20 lbs FAST, had severe acne, and crazy depression and anxiety. Thought it was all due to Covid-19 stress. However from doing my research, I am now learning Syeda messed me up! Throwing it out now.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months · March 24, 2022

For Birth Control: “This is the absolute worst birth control! I was taking the name brand Yazmin for years and I never had any issues with it. I moved and the the pharmacist gave me the generic brand Syeda. I didn’t have any issues with it until 2 months in. I started experiencing the WORST anxiety and panic attacks, spotting, and the worst cramps. I have never had any of these issues before nor did I ever have anxiety or panic attacks until I started taking this. Do yourself a favor a steer clear of Syeda.”

Bell · Taken for 1 to 6 months · October 23, 2020

For Birth Control: “I started Syeda, because I am an athlete and need a birth control to help me not put weight on. The pharmacist told me women gain weight because they think that the birth control alters their eating habits, but this hasn't altered my eating habits at all. It helped me stay at the same weight and has worked very well with my skin after just taking it for 3 months. My eating habits are very healthy, and this birth control has not put weight on me whatsoever.”

hannah94 · Taken for 1 to 6 months · February 11, 2019

For Birth Control: “I've just started my 3rd pack of Syeda and I break out less, my boobs are bigger, no real side effects, less moody during periods, and it does it's the main job pretty well. My periods are also a bit lighter now too.”

raq · October 27, 2020

For Birth Control: “So this is my first time taking birth control and I'm 19 and I'm only starting my second week on Syeda. So far it has been very bad for me. i already have anxiety and so far it has made it 100% worse to where I feel like I'm back tracking with my mental health like I can't control it. My acne is starting to have redness and I never really had that before and I'm eating so much. I'm getting my birth control changed asap and would not recommend”

Arc · May 14, 2020

For Birth Control: “Until I had to move back home from university because of COVID I had been using Ocella which had been alright for me. My boobs swelled and it is possible I had weight gain but I had just gotten off the IUD which messed me up bad. But when I came home no where had Ocella so my pharmacy gave me Syeda. I have type 2 bipolar disorder mixed with anxiety symptoms and taking Syeda for two weeks sent me spinning. My anxiety and hypomania have been awful, some of the worst I’ve had in a long time. It was not like this with Ocella and I don’t know why the pharmacies in my hometown are not allowed to provide it but I will not be taking Syeda again and would hesitate to recommend it to anyone.”

As · Taken for 1 to 6 months · January 8, 2021

For Birth Control: “THIS WAS THE WORST BC EVER! My doctor prescribed me to name brand Yazmin and somehow my pharmacy gave me Syeda for months. I have bled almost every day even when taking it, cramps like NO OTHER, knee pain, rash on my chest, anxiety as well. This is generic birth control that DOES NOT WORK! If I could rate a 0 I would.”

aj1234 · Taken for 1 to 6 months · May 10, 2022

For Birth Control: “This birth control should be taken off of the market. The pharmacy gave this to me instead of my specified prescription. I have taken either Yasmin or Ocella for close to 15 years with no problems but Syeda messed my system up within a months time. Upon starting the pack it did not stop my period (it’s usually like clockwork), my face broke and body broke out, and my anxiety was terrible. I was able to have the pharmacy special order my Ocella this month and I miraculously feel like myself again. There shouldn’t be such an acceptable variance with generic medications, the pharmaceutical industry should not be allowed such low quality standards!”

NelsonGirl · Taken for 1 to 6 months · May 3, 2020

For Birth Control: “Never again. My pharmacy tried for years to randomly give me Syeda, even though I would repeatedly ask for Ocella. In January the pharmacy tech insisted she give me two packs of BC, and it was Syeda. When I went back in March I was given two more packs of Seyda. I didn't care to argue because this was around the start of the COVID19 Pandemic, and I figured they were stressed enough. After 4 months however I have had enough. I have gained weight from my increased appetite, I lost all motivation and enjoyment for things I once enjoyed, and I have been feeling more anxious. I don't care what a pharmacist says, generic doesn't me the same”

Jolene · Taken for 2 to 5 years · May 5, 2021

For Birth Control: “I’ve been on Syeda for almost 2 going on years. I’ve never really had a major issue with it. I do find when I’m on my “break week” that I’m very emotional and I get upset by the slightest inconvenience. Other than that, I’m on track from Sun-Sat and when I’m on the break week my period doesn’t usually start till the Wednesday and I have a full 5-7 day period. Everyone’s body is different, find what works for you!”

JessiCakes · Taken for 1 to 6 months · January 25, 2019

For Birth Control: “I was taking Zarah for a while which is the generic for Yasmin it was working perfectly for years. Then all of a sudden my mail order pharmacy started sending me Syeda in December 2018. As soon as I took it, the first week I was breaking out non-stop on my chin. If you're breaking out on your chin, most likely it's related to hormones. Every day I was getting a new zit and new bumps I was really upsetting. Until I called my Dr and then she prescribed me Gianvi and after the very first day, I saw a difference in my skin almost immediately. I will never take Syeda again due to my horrible experience.”

Steph · Taken for 1 to 6 months · January 2, 2021

For Birth Control: “AWFUL. I was given Syeda by my pharmacy and the first month I felt “weird” and different. More emotional. The second month I am a total wreck. I’m stopping these today - do not recommend at all. And I broke out more.”

Al · Taken for 1 to 2 years · May 21, 2020

For Birth Control: “I was on Sydea for greater than 2 years. I experience spotting throughout the experience (which is why I am changing my birth control now). I figured I'd give it some time. I also experienced minor acne/rash on my cheeks during my period. Other than that, no mood swings, period were regular, acne was clear while on the pill and no weight gain or bloating. I was 24 when i started the pill, weight about 125. Giving it a 6/10 because of the spotting was very annoying!”

Amber · Taken for 1 to 6 months · December 26, 2021

For Birth Control: “I’ve never had a problem with birth control until I started taking Syeda. Worst pill for my body and I’m worried it won’t protect against pregnancy. I have so much acne- new ones come every day! Bleeding all month, so tired, can’t stop eating, migraines increased and major insomnia. I’ve gained a lot of weight in 2 months . Took for 2 months and just stopped. My doctor said my Nikki birth control wasn’t covered anymore by insurance so she put me on Syeda . If it has the same ingredients as Yasmine and Yasmine was recalled because they found it doesn’t prevent pregnancy efficiently, then why would anyone take this??!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month · April 21, 2021

For Birth Control: “Took Syeda a week started feeling weak, tired and depressed. Second week my face started breaking out; now I stop taking them and my period started I’m guessing this is what it is because I’m not due to start my period for a few more weeks.”

Ashley Miletta · Taken for 1 to 2 years · March 3, 2021

For Birth Control: “Syeda worked on the positive side of middle ground for me. Nothing notably amazing, but certainly nothing terrible. I do not recall any weight gain or changes in acne,affected my breast size only slightly (did experience some breast soreness during the first month or two, but was expected). The first month was a bit hectic emotionally. Periods were regulated, but cramps were only slightly lessened and periods did not decrease in length (stayed at my normal 4-5 days). I decided to go off of Syeda after I moved pharmacies and was unable to take it for a month. After getting off for that month, I recognized my mood/anxiety being noticeably better than when I was on. Maybe it was my own placebo, but I decided that I had probably not noticed the mood changes while on Syeda, and it was time to switch. Overall though, no complaints! Just was not the exact best fit for me.”

Steph · Taken for 1 to 6 months · April 13, 2020

For Birth Control: “Generally I do not complain about birth control until I’ve taken it for at least 3 months. This time I couldn’t do it. I only lasted a month. Syeda made me heavy bleed and cramp the entire month. I also had huge cysts around my jawline. I’m someone that usually researches before agreeing to taking a medication. I wish I had. Syeda has been ineffective for some people resulting in pregnancy. Although it only happened to that same person twice while taking Syeda it’s enough to scare me away especially for making me virtually useless for an entire month. I just advise some caution.”

Anonymous · October 3, 2019

For Acne: “I had been on Ocella and Yazmin for years, all of my painful cystic acne was gone and I felt great. I got put on Syed by my pharmacy and my face was breaking out like an 8th grader. Also it gave me the appetite of a HORSE. I ate and ate as if I hadn't eaten in months... also gave me a severely bloated. If you are happy with what you currently use I would suggest caution before trying or at least pay close attention to the symptoms.”

Awful · Taken for 1 to 6 months · September 21, 2021

For Birth Control: “I was switched to this by my pharmacy and promised it was the same just a generic version of Yasmin. Lies. Increased appetite and EXTREME anxiety. I have never experienced anxiety like this in my life. Also insomnia. I had no clue what was going on. I thought it was stress from uni until I googled the name and anxiety and boom. Everything made sense. I will never take it again.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month · March 19, 2020

For Birth Control: “I was 17 at the time starting taking Syeda for 5 days because I have PCOS and I experienced my first anxiety attack, it was the worst thing I’ve ever been through and it traumatized me. I also didn’t feel like myself when I was on the pills, I felt different overall, I was more down, more sad. I stopped taking the pills after the anxiety attack and I went back to norma, I felt like my old self again, I felt better, and I was happy again.”

SB · July 3, 2021

For Birth Control: “MOST USELESS PILLS EVER!! I took Ocella for years and my periods were light and guaranteed to start Placebo Pill Tuesday or Wednesday. My insurance company started making us do mail delivery in ‘18 or ‘19 & changed my pills to a generic that didn’t even have a name, then started sending me Syeda in ‘19 & in May of ‘19, it’s like I’m not even on birth control pills anymore. I randomly start spotting, bloating, and cramping at some point during the 3 week of active pills & have absolutely NO idea when or if I’ll start my period & have started my period while still on the active pills! I’ve started on Placebo Pill Monday, occasionally Wednesday, but mostly Thursday or Friday. Starting on Tuesday has completely stopped. My flow is absolutely unpredictable. My Ob-Gyn has me taking Lysteda to control the heavy bleeding that starts on day 1 & length ranges 4 - 9 days & has even gone for 3 straight weeks. These are seriously the worst pills.”

Girlwithbook · Taken for 1 to 6 months · March 17, 2021

For Birth Control: “My pharmacy gave me Syeda as a generic for Yasmín and just now I'm realizing this birth control is the cause for my longer periods and on going spotting. I’m definitely going back to my doctor and switching to a different one. This one does not work.”

Eyelife4me · Taken for less than 1 month · September 17, 2020

For Birth Control: “I started this to see about balancing my hormones. I was adamant that I had to be on something that wouldn’t cause weight gain. Well so far no weight gain, but the acne I’m experiencing is a 100% no go! I have little bumps everywhere, like texture. I have cysts on my neck. I won’t be taking this again!”

Allison · Taken for less than 1 month · November 9, 2021

For Birth Control: “My pharmacy gave me Syeda in place of Ocella. I had taken Ocella for years and zero problems with it. After only taking Syeda for a short period of time I felt weird /anxious and had insomnia. I do not recommend Syeda.”

Anon · Taken for 1 to 6 months · October 25, 2021

For Birth Control: “So I got switched from Yasmin to Syeda and I had never heard of Syeda so I read all of these reviews and STILL decided to try it out which was the biggest mistake of my life. I didn’t notice all that much my first month on it but I started the first week of my second pack and I am going to burn the rest I cannot believe how awful my skin has gotten in such a short period of time I have large painful cystic acne on my cheeks and the most insane redness! I’ve also gotten Keratosis bumps on my legs which I have never had before. My mood has changed so much I feel like I’m not even in my own body at times. I know it works for some but honestly I wouldn’t even give it a go just stick to what’s working for you. Wish I listened to the awful reviews on this because I am suffering from it now:(”