User Reviews for Diclegis

Learn more about Diclegis.

Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy 49 reviews 4 medications

7.5
Summary of Diclegis reviews 49 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Diclegis

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "This medicine is a life saver. I'm currently 8 months pregnant and hadn't gained weight at all throughout this pregnancy. I actually lost weight because I was nauseous, vomiting regularly and couldn't eat throughout this entire pregnancy. I was taking Zofran which did help but thanks to Diclegis I was able to start eating more, the nausea went away and I gained 5 pounds in 2 weeks. I take Zofran throughout the day and 1-2 Diclegis at night because of the drowsiness, but this medicine is a definitely a life saver for me."

Marisote August 23, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "I cannot keep water down, let alone food, if I don't take this. I was hoping it would end after the first trimester and I could stop using it daily, but I'm 4.5 months and I still can't be without it. So grateful it's class A because I don't know how I'd work and function without it. Wishing I didn't need anything! Also, I should add...I only take half the dose: one at night and one in the morning. Two during the day is way too much; you'll feel drowsy and sedated. I learned that day one and realized I don't even need that much to alleviate the symptoms."

HalfWayThereCmonBaby August 21, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "I was prescribed this medicine for my morning sickness. I haven't been able to get out of bed since I found out I was 6 weeks pregnant. This medicine does help me to not feel nauseous, but the side effects are terrible. I feel as if I've been given a heavy sedative. I started with the prescribed does of two pills at bedtime. When I woke up the following day I could barely lift my head off the pillow and was in and out of strange drug enduced sleep all day. I tried taking the medication again but only taking one pill. The effects were the same and I felt like I was on heavy drugs. Tried for a 3rd time but only a half pill. Same outcome. Can't get out of bed, foggy and in and out of sleep."

CharHunter August 12, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "I been taking this medicine for about 3 weeks and it barely works for me. It actually caused severe drowsiness, dry mouth and dizziness. At first I chalked all that up to pregnancy till I figured it was the medicine causing this. I accidentally missed one dose and I felt horrible. The one of not many good things about this pill is its so small so it doesn't interfere with inability to swallow huge horse pills. I will be asking my obgyn for another medication so I can at least be awake throughout the day"

original remy August 9, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "I have been on diclegis since 6 weeks I am now at 12 weeks with baby number 3. Both my other pregnancies I was on zofran for horrible nausea. I was taking 2 pills at night but it just made me so tired and not able to function and with a 3 and 2 year old that was not worth it. I cut down to 1 pill and night. I feel a lot better but some days I do take zofran as well so I can function."

Anonymous July 22, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "This medicine was a lifesaver! I had horrible morning sickness and took it beginning in my second trimester up until the day before labor! I'd get horribly sick without it. My daughter turned out perfectly healthy."

LROlry July 13, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "I have all day sickness. I started taking it around 9 weeks, after 24 hrs of straight vomiting, and when I woke the next day, I was able to keep something down. Initially, I was sleepy, but I started taking 1 pill every 6-8 hrs and I usually have no sleepiness issues and I'm able to eat throughout the day. I'm 16 weeks and still on it because without it, I still have times/days where I feel sick. When I forget to take a dose is when it doesn't work - I think each person will need to figure out the best times to take it."

Expecting twins (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 13, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "Hi. I have always been sick with each pregnancy and was put on Zofran. It worked sometimes. I have been taking Diclegis for about a month and it work the same as Zofran for me. Sometimes it work- other times it doesn't. I am up to 4 polls per day. Sometimes I still throw up and feel nauseous - like today. I guess the best thing for me is to get my tubes tied. I can't deal with this whole pregnancy thing ever again. I know one thing for sure that this is the very last pregnancy for me."

Pashh June 21, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "This is my third pregnancy. My previous pregnancies I had horrible nausea and vommitting. Took Zofran from the time I found out I was pregnant until the day I gave birth. With this pregnancy however Zofran wasn't working for nothing!!! Got prescribe Diclegis and took 1 at night (last night) made me very sleepy. Woke up and felt a million times better though. I haven't felt like this in months! I finally feel normal! This is a lifesaver my copay was $50 but it was worth every dollar! It's now 8:30pm the next day and I still feel pretty good off last nights pill. It did put me out like a light but reading other reviews the drowsiness shouldn't last long."

Kj52 June 18, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "I started taking this during the first trimester. I'm usually against taking medicine, but I was soooo sick. So, I figured it was worth a try. At first, I didn't notice any change. I mean, I was still slightly sick. I was expecting the nausea to disappear completely like Zofran would have done. I kinda thought it wasn't working, so I decided to stop taking it...big mistake...my nausea was SEVERE once I stopped taking it. I decided to give it another go. By comparison, I could tell that it was working. I still feel tired, and certain things still make me feel sick (like strong smells and certain foods), but I am no where near as sick as I would be if I stopped taking it. I can totally tell if I miss a dose."

JSTAE June 11, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "My last pregnancy I had morning sickness the whole time. I took zofran, but this time its not recommended. So my doc gave me diclegis. I've been on it for about 4weeks and I can't even get out of bed. I'm having constant headaches and can't stand up without wanting to pass out. The morning sickness went away for a few days and is now back with a vengeance. I stopped last night to see if I could focus a little more today. My toddler is running circles around me and its not fair to her that mommy can't function. I wouldn't try this unless you can't keep anything down at all."

Mgalej June 9, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "OMG.This drug is saving my life! I found out that I am 6 weeks pregnant on May 2nd. I have not held anything food down since the past 2 weeks. 3-6 times per day throwing up. I went to visit my Ob/Gym yesterday and she gave me Diclegis to try. I am in heaven, high as hell (drowsy), but for the first day I have not thrown up and my food is staying down. Pregnant with twins is not easy. Can't afford to loose too much weight. Everyone doesn't or won't have the same reaction, but I would highly recommend this drug. Precaution, take it at night only."

Iriegirl May 27, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "I started out taking 2 nightly but this medicine seemed to make me so tired I could barely function. I am now taking just 1 a night and even though I still feel a little nausea it's not all day and my vomiting has gone away for the most part. It wasn't expensive for me. My insurance did not cover this drug but I only had to pay $40 for 60 pills. It's a small price to pay for me right now!"

Allyson1771yahoo.com May 19, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "I have been feeling pretty nauseous all day (first trimester of pregnancy) and my healthcare provider gave me a sample of this drug to try. I wanted to share my experience as all I've read are glowing reviews... Glad it's working for some people but have to imagine there are others who experienced something similar to me. I have taken it now for 3-4 days which should have been enough time to get a feel for whether or not it works. It did absolutely nothing for my nausea. If anything, it made me feel worse. I was so tired I couldn't function. Had to lay down in the middle of the day for a few hours, was feeling so tired and sick. I didn't take any last night and today I feel better than I have since I started taking it!"

Jsiferd April 23, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "It has helped a little, not all of my sickness is gone, I feel overly exhausted and drowsy! I have been on it for about 5 or so weeks. I am taking it 4 times a day now and I can feel major sleepiness! Just glad it has eased my nausea at least!"

Anonymous April 19, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "Diclegis is a life saver! Starting at week 6, I had terrible nausea and vomiting. It was so debilitating, I could barely keep anything down or function normally. About two weeks ago, my doctor prescribed me diclegis 4x day and its been a game changer. The only thing I've noticed is that I start to feel really sick again if I miss a dose or if I take the medication late, but other than that, I'm feeling great!"

Mom-to-be (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "Diclegis helps but it does not work completely. You will still have vomiting and have to take often if your morning sickness is severe. It can make you very tired and give you an out of sorts feeling. It was expensive as well at 40.00 a week worth of pills."

WH76 April 1, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "This medication has been a life saver. I had terrible all day nausea, was losing weight from throwing up. As soon as I started taking it, my nausea decreased about 90% if not more. It does make you a bit sleepy, but i'll take that any day over nausea. Downside is the cost. They tried to charge me $750 for 100 pills.. Luckily I found a coupon online that got it down to $250. Pricey, but well worth it. Went from feeling like a sick zombie to feeling like a normal functioning human again. I was very hesitant to take any medication and do want to try to cycle off soon. I am almost 16 weeks now."

Chelsg4 March 31, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "Excellent"

Jenny Puerto Rico (taken for less than 1 month) March 20, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "I had extreme nausea, couldn't keep water down much less any kind of food. I tried 4 different medications before the diclegis. Only one of those 4 worked but I felt so drugged and I was slurring my words. I'm extremely tired with the diclegis but I can keep some food and water down. I'm taking 2 at night, 1 in the morning and 1 at noon. My house is messy a lot and my 2 year old sometimes wears pajamas all day because I'm so tired. It's not a perfect medicine but it's better than not being able to walk across the room without almost fainting and going to the ER once a week for IV fluids and nutrition."

Kivkin (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "I had morning sickness since I was 8 weeks pregnant. Ichad my first ObGyn visit at 12 weeks, in 4 Weeks I lost 11lbs. :-( I felt miserable. I did not know there was medication to prevent Nausea... My doctor prescribed Diclegis... I started 2 pills before sleeping, 1 pill in the morning, and another in the afternoon. It was magic and amazing. When I reached 20 weeks, i started feeling sick again, Nauseous and Dizziness, and Shaking. I thought maybe I was doing overdose, I went down to 1 pill at night to sleep and I feel GREAT ALL DAY!!! Amazing... And I am currently 26 weeks and I still use it because I skipped one day and I felt horrible. Tip: if you skip or miss a pill at night, take one at anytime and you will feel better. I love Diclegis"

AlanniAlejandra (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "My co-worker (who is also pregnant) suggested that I ask my doctor to prescribe Diclegis for me if I ever experienced nausea at any point in my pregnancy. I was sure I wasn't going to experience any of that until I hit week 7 & OH! I was in for a rude awakening. My nausea became horrible from day to day until I asked my doctor to prescribe something for my nausea. Of course, Diclegis was the medicine prescribed. After taking two at bed-time the first night, I didn't feel at all nauseated the next morning, therefore I didn't feel the need to take the morning dose. Now, only if I feel nauseated in the morning time, I'll take my morning dose (1tablet) and continue on with my day. The only downside? Diclegis can cause drowsiness."

New Mommy-To-Be 2016 January 30, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "At first the diclegis seemed to work somewhat. I was no longer vomiting though I was still gagging at times but I was glad to be able to keep my food down. However now I'm on my 2nd trimester at nearly 14 weeks and taking 3 a day and the nausea is on and off all day, the gagging is intense, and I have even thrown up a few times. I'm not sure what is going on, the doctor even took me off my prenatals to help the nausea and nothing seems to work. I was planing on decreasing my dose soon and getting off the medication as I'm still skeptical and concerned on the long term affects it could have on my baby. This medication also makes me very sleepy all day. Makes it really hard to wake up at 5am for work."

0252 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 26, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "Best medication ever! I started taking it at 9 weeks after loosing 10lbs I'm on my 17 wks and tried to stop it for one day to limit the use but the nausea is still going So I guess I'll keep using this medication because is the only thing that seems to help. 100% with only 2 tablets at night"

100%help January 15, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "Dealing with HG with all my pregnancies this is my 3rd and Diclegis is absolutely life saver. I'm afraid skipping a day to see if it's actually the pill or a good pregnancy. I went from throwing up 40x a day with my last pregnancy to one or none! I hope it'll help with heart burn also then it will be a 10 lol. Now it will make you sleepy and hard to get up the next morning another reason I'm giving it a 8 but I'm now 12 weeks and it's actually not getting me too sleepy any more as my body getting immune to it."

TifY January 3, 2016