User Reviews for Diclegis

Learn more about Diclegis.

Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy 66 reviews 5 medications

7.1
Summary of Diclegis reviews 66 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Diclegis

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "This was the only medication that helped me to deal with morning sickness, that actually it was never just in the morning, I was sick all day and all night... It makes you sleepy but it's not like you can't get out of bed, they tell you to take 2 before bed another one in the morning and one more at noon, but I'm just taking one before bed time and one in the morning so I don't feel super sleepy and it works perfectly for me! No more sickness and I can eat anything I want :) plus it's super safe for the baby!"

Paulydom March 23, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "I wouldn't suggest taking diclegis again. First time I tried it, I had heartburn that I haven't experienced in this pregnancy and my heart raced uncontrollably bad that I felt like I was dying. I followed the instructions that they gave me and I threw it up 30 minutes after taking. I'm afraid that it can harm the baby. I'm not taking it anymore. Never want to feel like that again. Have a terrible headache now. Worst experienced ever."

Amethyst2485 March 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "8 weeks pregnant with twins. Have severe nausea all day and evening. Take 2 pills before bed and it controls my symptoms until late evening the next day. Website for the drug warns of withdrawal symptoms and how to prevent them so do your research. Helps me to sleep all day. For me I would not take it during the day because it does make me drowsy. But without taking it, I would not last all day at work. Website also has coupons."

Mim222222 March 12, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "I hate this drug! I feel exhausted all the time on it and it does not help at all! My doctor told me I can no longer take Zofran during the first trimester due to a study that said there might be issues, so she put me on Diclegis first. I have tried it for 2 weeks and am absolutely miserable! I am still throwing up and have nausea all day and night. I have always had horrible morning sickness and was hoping this would work. Sadly it does not all it does is make me want to sleep all day long! To make things worse, even with my insurance cover most of the cost it still cost over $80.00 for a month supply. That is crazy!"

COmom February 28, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "This is my 4th pregnancy. I've always had bad morning sickness with each pregnancy but always ended by my 10th week. I started the Rx at 7 weeks and tried stopping at 13 weeks but experience terrible withdrawal symptoms. I only take 1 pill at night. When I tried stopping the med, I violently throw up, nauseous all day, body aches and excessive sweating. I would have never started the prescription if I knew stopping it is this painful."

Barbaraak January 18, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "I was given samples of Diclegis to help with my all day sickness. It seems safe so I was pretty excited to take it. First night took 2 pills and the next morning no nausea but I was dead tired, had dry mouth, and had stomach aches. Literally felt like a zombie couldn't drive barely made it out of bed. I had to stop taking it because I can't miss work. The next day I had a severe migraine never had one prior. It could have been due to me stopping the medication or it wearing off but I couldn't see nor function. I'd rather deal with the nausea than the side effects honestly. I feel bad but cannot function on Diclegis. Pregnant women are already tired we don't need to add to it. I'm glad it's working for others but thought I'd share my experience."

Brina01 (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "This was a miracle medicine for me. I had extremely high hormone levels during my pregnancy and the vomiting and nausea were unbearable. I lost 10 lbs in three weeks and could not even walk. My doctor prescribed Diclegis and within an hour or two of taking my first dose I was able to get out of bed. Within a day I was able to eat and function as a mother for my other two children. The only side effect I've had is fatigue. I absolutely recommend this drug to everyone."

JessStor January 13, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "The first time I took it, I took one pill upon waking up. I literally stayed in bed the ENTIRE day. I could hardly open my eyes, let alone lift my head off the pillow. Thank goodness it was a weekend and I didn't have to work! I chalked it up to a bad morning sickness day and took two at bedtime that night. The next morning, it wasn't quite as bad but it was still a struggle to get through the day. I wasn't nauseous, but I was so fatigued and sleepy, and just felt "bad." I realized it might be the diclegis, so I didn't take any more after that. So now I'm back to all-day nausea (no vomiting), but at least I can function! I only recommend diclegis if you've got major vomiting/HG. Otherwise, the side effects just aren't worth it."

Steeners (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "As a pregnant, working mom of a toddler, this medicine is my enemy. I would rather feel the nausea than feel like I can't lift my head off of the pillow. I have taken just one before bed a few nights in the last week and each time I do, I feel like I have the worst hangover the next day. I can't function. I don't recommend to anyone unless they have their entire pregnancy to hibernate."

RELRN January 1, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "Third pregnancy and zofran wasn't cutting it for me. Midwife prescribed diclegis- felt insanely better the next morning nausea wise but was super fatigued. If you miss a dose it will rock your world. For the first few days it knocked me out all night and made me feel sleepy all morning. Now I seem to be experiencing the insomnia/nightmares side effects and it's not fun. I'm hoping in a couple weeks I can wean off of it because I generally feel better a couple weeks into the second trimester. Definitely think the nausea aid is worth the side effects though- guess it all depends on how bad your nausea/vomiting is- and if this works for you!"

Alyssa5789 (taken for less than 1 month) December 25, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "I am 7 weeks pregnant, my midwife have me samples of diclegis 5 days ago. Previous to trying them I had non stop nausea vomiting, weakness, truly just felt like death!! Day 1 of diclegis I was able to wake up be semi functional enough to where I was able to get ready for work pretty comfortably.. but my mid morning all the symptoms came back. On day 3 I added 2 pills at night, 1 in the morning, and 1 in the afternoon and I can tell you it is a miracle drug!! It does take a few days to start working at its full captivity but after the first few days you feel almost back to normal! I would recommend this to anyone and everyone!"

Raquel V. (taken for less than 1 month) December 17, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "It actually makes me vomit violently. It feels like it's burning a hole in my stomach. I've tried 3 different times. I have Hyperemesis and I take Zofran and Phenergan and when I try to add delcegis I vomit 10x back to back until it's out.... Awful awful stuff."

Pinknarcotic (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "I am currently 7.5 weeks pregnant, and I started experiencing debilitating nausea at about six weeks. I've been taking Diclegis for a few days now (2 before bed and 1 more during the day if necessary) and it's helped quite a bit. My nausea has decreased between 60 and 80%, and my appetite is returning. I actually went out to dinner with friends last night and enjoyed myself! I have had some drowsiness, but I can still get through my work day OK. And thank goodness for my great prescription coverage - $40/100 tablets! I hope it continues to control my symptoms this well."

JG76 (taken for less than 1 month) November 18, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "Diclegis is by far the best medicine for morning sickness..i suffered with all my pregnanciess (Hyperemesis Gravidarum) - ...which is severe morning sickness...with this pregnancy i was prescribe Diclegis. Which work wonders...not even drowsy! No nausea or vomiting I love this medicine it is a life saver and works great n completely safe..glad FDA put it back on the market"

preshuz2016 November 16, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "At 10 - 25 weeks my nausea never let up. When I say nausea, I actually mean vomiting. Every other day I knew my meals were not going to end well. I expected this during the 1st trimester, but upon approaching my 3rd trimester I knew something had to give. I don't expect any drug to work tremendously during the first trimester. Since nausea/vomiting is supposed to "return" during the 3rd trimester I decided to try this as baby is now more developed. It worked wonderfully; I have been on it for one week and can now eat with confidence! I still have some mild, although less, heartburn; This is the only reason I rated 9/10. It would truly be a miracle drug if it could get rid of the heartburn I developed during pregnancy too!"

FTM2017 (taken for less than 1 month) November 9, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "I have been taking diclegis since I was 11 weeks pregnant. Prior to that, I was vomiting maybe twice a day and felt nauseous all day long (except at night). The first time I took diclegis, I was in HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!!! I felt sooooo good. I was able to go a full day not even thinking about feeling sick. I thought that would be the effect the whole time.NOT!. I am 3 weeks in with taking diclegis, and it seems like the effect of it has worn off to a certain extent. I am back to feeling nauseous most of the day. I will say that the vomiting is still under control, but I vomit maybe once every 4-5 days (which is still progress). I am in my 14th week now and I want to see how I will feel if I don't take the meds, but I'm scared lol!"

Lifesaver.....at first! August 30, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "The diclegis isn't working. I'm always sick and throw up twice a day at least. This is the worst feeling in the world. I had horrible morning sickness with my two other children that went away around 15 weeks. I'm almost 12 weeks and counting the days. This is my third and last pregnancy. I think about this being genetic and cringe and cry at the idea of my daughters going through this."

Always sick 24/7 August 28, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "This medicine is a life saver. I'm currently 8 months pregnant and hadn't gained weight at all throughout this pregnancy. I actually lost weight because I was nauseous, vomiting regularly and couldn't eat throughout this entire pregnancy. I was taking Zofran which did help but thanks to Diclegis I was able to start eating more, the nausea went away and I gained 5 pounds in 2 weeks. I take Zofran throughout the day and 1-2 Diclegis at night because of the drowsiness, but this medicine is a definitely a life saver for me."

Marisote August 23, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "I cannot keep water down, let alone food, if I don't take this. I was hoping it would end after the first trimester and I could stop using it daily, but I'm 4.5 months and I still can't be without it. So grateful it's class A because I don't know how I'd work and function without it. Wishing I didn't need anything! Also, I should add...I only take half the dose: one at night and one in the morning. Two during the day is way too much; you'll feel drowsy and sedated. I learned that day one and realized I don't even need that much to alleviate the symptoms."

HalfWayThereCmonBaby August 21, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "I was prescribed this medicine for my morning sickness. I haven't been able to get out of bed since I found out I was 6 weeks pregnant. This medicine does help me to not feel nauseous, but the side effects are terrible. I feel as if I've been given a heavy sedative. I started with the prescribed does of two pills at bedtime. When I woke up the following day I could barely lift my head off the pillow and was in and out of strange drug enduced sleep all day. I tried taking the medication again but only taking one pill. The effects were the same and I felt like I was on heavy drugs. Tried for a 3rd time but only a half pill. Same outcome. Can't get out of bed, foggy and in and out of sleep."

CharHunter August 12, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "I been taking this medicine for about 3 weeks and it barely works for me. It actually caused severe drowsiness, dry mouth and dizziness. At first I chalked all that up to pregnancy till I figured it was the medicine causing this. I accidentally missed one dose and I felt horrible. The one of not many good things about this pill is its so small so it doesn't interfere with inability to swallow huge horse pills. I will be asking my obgyn for another medication so I can at least be awake throughout the day"

original remy August 9, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "I have been on diclegis since 6 weeks I am now at 12 weeks with baby number 3. Both my other pregnancies I was on zofran for horrible nausea. I was taking 2 pills at night but it just made me so tired and not able to function and with a 3 and 2 year old that was not worth it. I cut down to 1 pill and night. I feel a lot better but some days I do take zofran as well so I can function."

Anonymous July 22, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "This medicine was a lifesaver! I had horrible morning sickness and took it beginning in my second trimester up until the day before labor! I'd get horribly sick without it. My daughter turned out perfectly healthy."

LROlry July 13, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "I have all day sickness. I started taking it around 9 weeks, after 24 hrs of straight vomiting, and when I woke the next day, I was able to keep something down. Initially, I was sleepy, but I started taking 1 pill every 6-8 hrs and I usually have no sleepiness issues and I'm able to eat throughout the day. I'm 16 weeks and still on it because without it, I still have times/days where I feel sick. When I forget to take a dose is when it doesn't work - I think each person will need to figure out the best times to take it."

Expecting twins (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 13, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "Hi. I have always been sick with each pregnancy and was put on Zofran. It worked sometimes. I have been taking Diclegis for about a month and it work the same as Zofran for me. Sometimes it work- other times it doesn't. I am up to 4 polls per day. Sometimes I still throw up and feel nauseous - like today. I guess the best thing for me is to get my tubes tied. I can't deal with this whole pregnancy thing ever again. I know one thing for sure that this is the very last pregnancy for me."

Pashh June 21, 2016