User Reviews for Diclegis

Learn more about Diclegis.

Nausea/Vomiting 1 reviews 160 medications

Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy 80 reviews 6 medications

6.9
Summary of Diclegis reviews 81 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Diclegis

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "A total waste! It was way too expensive, but if it worked it would have been worth it! Got it took two the first night. Could not keep my eyes open the next day, Day two took one at night and didn’t work at all, so the next day took 2 before eating dinner and went to sleep super early.... it landed me in the hospital! My heart was rushing, I was throwing up, I was dizzy, and almost passed out! This is just a fancy b6!"

Smatherly (taken for less than 1 month) October 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "I started Diclegis a few weeks ago for nausea. I'm now 11 weeks along and have had no sickness.. it does cause drowsiness so I only take 1 at night. Also dry mouth for me.. but it's worth not getting sick, especially if you have long work shifts."

Marie618 (taken for less than 1 month) October 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "This medicine works wonders! I was having severe nausea & vomiting every morning to the point I was losing so much weight. My doctor prescribed me Diclegis , I take 2 at night & one during the day because of how tired it makes me. Ever since I've been taking it I've been able to hold down food & water & I've also gained an appetite. Without these I wouldn't be able to go to work. I love them!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "This sent me to the hospital!!! I was on my second pregnancy and my OB prescribed Diclegis for my morning sickness, which feels more like all day sickness. I decided to wait till night time to take 1 instead of 2 because it said it caused drowsiness and my toddler was 1 at the time. So I wake up at 4am feeling extremely flushed, I could feel my blood pumping through my body! My heart is racing out of control. I honestly thought I was having a heart attack! I called 911 and the paramedics said my HR was at 120. Once I got to the ER I started to hyperventilate to the point where I couldn't walk, talk, and my extremities became stiff. OB laughed at me didn't believe any of my side effects, fired him, never took it again! Don't recommend it!"

EMSMon (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting "This medication gave me my life back. I started it yesterday and I do not need anymore time to try it out to review it. I was throwing up so much that I had thoughts of suicide and/or termination of pregnancy...and we planned for this baby. Anyone who knows me, knows those thoughts are insane for me but I couldn't take another day of laying in bed throwing up. I was expecting to fall asleep and not wake up based on the comments but I woke up completely fine at 6am and I took 2 pills before bed at 10pm. I was pretty tired until 11am, but I will take tired ANY DAY over being sick and nauseous. I could sleep like crazy right now but I will not stop taking these meds. It was $894 before insurance for 120 pills and my copay was only $40!!!!"

Freeman1987 August 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "I took three. 1 in the morning, 1 around 1 p.m. and the nausea didn't stop so I took another one. My doctor said I should take 1 before every meal and 2 before bed or as needed. The label says take 2 pills before meals. My point being it made me feel horrible. It made me feel drugged up. I didn't want to move, I felt like I want to throw up and go #2 and just get out of my body. I'm never taking that again. Its 9:30 pm and I still feel drugged up. This drug is an antihistamine and messes with your brain. I should've read about it before taking it. Although I'm 8 weeks pregnant and nauseous all day and my Dr said it is given to all OB patients so I trusted him."

Not my cup of tea August 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "This drug has saved me from going insane because of how ill I was. I suffered from severe Nausea and vomiting in pregnancy. Throwing up for weeks on end, I would throw up every few hours. I went days without being able to keep anything down, including water. Those who suffer from NVP, I know your suffering... it is so awful! I was stuck on the couch and in bed for over a month and then I finally decided it was time to go on medicine. My quality of life was 0 before this medication. This medicine is definitely on the spendier side but worth every penny if you are suffering. If this medication didn't exist I would no doubt be in the hospital."

My sanity saver! (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "Absolutely improved my pregnancy experience by reducing my nausea and vomiting. I was prescribed 2 tablets before bed, 1 in the morning and 1 mid day because I was extremely sick. They always recommended it to be taken with an empty stomach. I only took 2 before bed with food (because I refuse to take any pill on an empty stomach) and it worked wonders. If I ever forgot to take them I was guaranteed a horrible day."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "This was a life saver for me. I had HG with 1st and was on zofran only which caused a lot of constipation and cramping from not being able to go. This second pregnancy I had HG worse than 1st and was on zofran and diclegis. Diclegis took about 2 weeks of taking it 3x a day to kick in so zofran helped until it kicked in. Now diclegis is all I take 4x a day and no constipation and I finally enjoy being pregnant. It makes me tired but its good for me to relax since I'm a very active person. I only need a 30 min catnap and I'm ok. I can still easily take care of toddler I just lay down when she does."

2nd time mama with hg (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "Used this med for my last two pregnancies under doctors med advice. Hated it! All I could do while on this med was sleep. I felt high all the time and my doctor didn't seem to believe me. Maker claims it doesn't effect the baby however I'm not convinced. Only time I felt any baby movement was when I stop taking the medication. When I discontinued to use it I felt as if I was having withdrawals and was forced to continue it. I have four living children of which 2 of them I took zofran for nausea and they were all born healthy. The last 2 pregnancies both ended up in losses. Both had all the genetic testing normal. 1 was 13 wks the other 21 wks. I learned this drug was removed from mrkt for its dangers & reintroduced with minor changes made."

Lillian Lo (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "I have severe morning sickness and suffered through it my first son.. this medicine has let me enjoy my second pregnancy. It's amazing"

Danielle2017 May 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "This medicine makes me feel paralyzed. I felt fine the first night I took it, it clearly stopped my night time nausea. But by the morning, I literally could not lift my head off the pillow for HOURS. I tried driving and felt like I was in an awake coma. I immediately called my Dr and asked for my Zofran back that I took in my first and second pregnancy. I would not recommend this medicine to anyone unless you can and want to sleep all day and have no other responsibilities requiring you to wake up and care for yourself and others. Seriously, I want to treat nausea not be in a coma. Thanks but no thanks."

CharlieMiami2017 May 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "My first two pregnancies my doctor said I had HG. I popped all blood vessels in both my eyes and was so desperate and miserable not keeping anything down. My third pregnancy my doctor finally told me about diclegis! What a lifesaver! I no longer had to have a zofran pump in my stomach or walk around my house with an IV pole! The first dose I was tired, took a nap right away! The next few days I was tired too. But I had to take 3-4 a day every day, until I delivered my baby. So the tiredness wore off. I could drive and function just fine after taking it for a week or two. I'd rather be tired than have black eyes, look like a zombie, not be able to keep down an ice cube, and cry 100 times a day. If you're really suffering, this is worth it!"

Carly loves diclegis! May 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "With my 1st pregnancy, I suffered from severe morning sickness to the point that I lost a significant amount of weight. With my second pregnancy, I started getting very sick again and mentioned it to a nurse at my OB GYN office and she prescribed me Diclegis. Prior to that I had tried many other homeopathic solutions such as the Sea Bands and ginger. None of these worked for me. The diclegis worked from the morning after I first took them until now. At 12 weeks pregnant, I thought I might be out of the woods so I stopped taking the Diclegis last night. I have been nauseous all day and vomiting! It is obvious that these meds work. I will be taking them again for the next 2 weeks. Only complaint is I'm more fatigued than usual when taking it"

MauraH May 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "Extremely fatigued. Used is directed during week 7 and getting out of bed was a struggle. Slept all day and went to bed early...6-7pm early. This is my first pregnancy so I thought it's probably 1st trimester fatigue. Stopped using the next day and decided to "stick it out" without diclegis. I'm 17 weeks today and had really bad nausea vomiting every 30 mins this am and thought, ok let me give this medicine another shot, I'm desperate... Same deal, nausea/vomiting is gone... because I'm tranquilized! It works but I may be too sensitive for it's drowsiness effects. Not for me"

MichelleTharayil May 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "This was the only medication that helped me to deal with morning sickness, that actually it was never just in the morning, I was sick all day and all night... It makes you sleepy but it's not like you can't get out of bed, they tell you to take 2 before bed another one in the morning and one more at noon, but I'm just taking one before bed time and one in the morning so I don't feel super sleepy and it works perfectly for me! No more sickness and I can eat anything I want :) plus it's super safe for the baby!"

Paulydom March 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "I wouldn't suggest taking diclegis again. First time I tried it, I had heartburn that I haven't experienced in this pregnancy and my heart raced uncontrollably bad that I felt like I was dying. I followed the instructions that they gave me and I threw it up 30 minutes after taking. I'm afraid that it can harm the baby. I'm not taking it anymore. Never want to feel like that again. Have a terrible headache now. Worst experienced ever."

Amethyst2485 March 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "8 weeks pregnant with twins. Have severe nausea all day and evening. Take 2 pills before bed and it controls my symptoms until late evening the next day. Website for the drug warns of withdrawal symptoms and how to prevent them so do your research. Helps me to sleep all day. For me I would not take it during the day because it does make me drowsy. But without taking it, I would not last all day at work. Website also has coupons."

Mim222222 March 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "I hate this drug! I feel exhausted all the time on it and it does not help at all! My doctor told me I can no longer take Zofran during the first trimester due to a study that said there might be issues, so she put me on Diclegis first. I have tried it for 2 weeks and am absolutely miserable! I am still throwing up and have nausea all day and night. I have always had horrible morning sickness and was hoping this would work. Sadly it does not all it does is make me want to sleep all day long! To make things worse, even with my insurance cover most of the cost it still cost over $80.00 for a month supply. That is crazy!"

COmom February 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "This is my 4th pregnancy. I've always had bad morning sickness with each pregnancy but always ended by my 10th week. I started the Rx at 7 weeks and tried stopping at 13 weeks but experience terrible withdrawal symptoms. I only take 1 pill at night. When I tried stopping the med, I violently throw up, nauseous all day, body aches and excessive sweating. I would have never started the prescription if I knew stopping it is this painful."

Barbaraak January 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "I was given samples of Diclegis to help with my all day sickness. It seems safe so I was pretty excited to take it. First night took 2 pills and the next morning no nausea but I was dead tired, had dry mouth, and had stomach aches. Literally felt like a zombie couldn't drive barely made it out of bed. I had to stop taking it because I can't miss work. The next day I had a severe migraine never had one prior. It could have been due to me stopping the medication or it wearing off but I couldn't see nor function. I'd rather deal with the nausea than the side effects honestly. I feel bad but cannot function on Diclegis. Pregnant women are already tired we don't need to add to it. I'm glad it's working for others but thought I'd share my experience."

Brina01 (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "This was a miracle medicine for me. I had extremely high hormone levels during my pregnancy and the vomiting and nausea were unbearable. I lost 10 lbs in three weeks and could not even walk. My doctor prescribed Diclegis and within an hour or two of taking my first dose I was able to get out of bed. Within a day I was able to eat and function as a mother for my other two children. The only side effect I've had is fatigue. I absolutely recommend this drug to everyone."

JessStor January 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "The first time I took it, I took one pill upon waking up. I literally stayed in bed the ENTIRE day. I could hardly open my eyes, let alone lift my head off the pillow. Thank goodness it was a weekend and I didn't have to work! I chalked it up to a bad morning sickness day and took two at bedtime that night. The next morning, it wasn't quite as bad but it was still a struggle to get through the day. I wasn't nauseous, but I was so fatigued and sleepy, and just felt "bad." I realized it might be the diclegis, so I didn't take any more after that. So now I'm back to all-day nausea (no vomiting), but at least I can function! I only recommend diclegis if you've got major vomiting/HG. Otherwise, the side effects just aren't worth it."

Steeners (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "As a pregnant, working mom of a toddler, this medicine is my enemy. I would rather feel the nausea than feel like I can't lift my head off of the pillow. I have taken just one before bed a few nights in the last week and each time I do, I feel like I have the worst hangover the next day. I can't function. I don't recommend to anyone unless they have their entire pregnancy to hibernate."

RELRN January 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy "Third pregnancy and zofran wasn't cutting it for me. Midwife prescribed diclegis- felt insanely better the next morning nausea wise but was super fatigued. If you miss a dose it will rock your world. For the first few days it knocked me out all night and made me feel sleepy all morning. Now I seem to be experiencing the insomnia/nightmares side effects and it's not fun. I'm hoping in a couple weeks I can wean off of it because I generally feel better a couple weeks into the second trimester. Definitely think the nausea aid is worth the side effects though- guess it all depends on how bad your nausea/vomiting is- and if this works for you!"

Alyssa5789 (taken for less than 1 month) December 25, 2016