User Reviews for Diclegis

Learn more about Diclegis.

Diclegis Rating Summary

7.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 6 medications used in the treatment of Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy.

Reviews for Diclegis to treat Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy

"I have severe morning sickness and suffered through it my first son.. this medicine has let me enjoy my second pregnancy. It's amazing"

Danielle2017 May 29, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This medicine makes me feel paralyzed. I felt fine the first night I took it, it clearly stopped my night time nausea. But by the morning, I literally could not lift my head off the pillow for HOURS. I tried driving and felt like I was in an awake coma. I immediately called my Dr and asked for my Zofran back that I took in my first and second pregnancy. I would not recommend this medicine to anyone unless you can and want to sleep all day and have no other responsibilities requiring you to wake up and care for yourself and others. Seriously, I want to treat nausea not be in a coma. Thanks but no thanks."

CharlieMiami2017 May 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My first two pregnancies my doctor said I had HG. I popped all blood vessels in both my eyes and was so desperate and miserable not keeping anything down. My third pregnancy my doctor finally told me about diclegis! What a lifesaver! I no longer had to have a zofran pump in my stomach or walk around my house with an IV pole! The first dose I was tired, took a nap right away! The next few days I was tired too. But I had to take 3-4 a day every day, until I delivered my baby. So the tiredness wore off. I could drive and function just fine after taking it for a week or two. I'd rather be tired than have black eyes, look like a zombie, not be able to keep down an ice cube, and cry 100 times a day. If you're really suffering, this is worth it!"

Carly loves diclegis! May 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"With my 1st pregnancy, I suffered from severe morning sickness to the point that I lost a significant amount of weight. With my second pregnancy, I started getting very sick again and mentioned it to a nurse at my OB GYN office and she prescribed me Diclegis. Prior to that I had tried many other homeopathic solutions such as the Sea Bands and ginger. None of these worked for me. The diclegis worked from the morning after I first took them until now. At 12 weeks pregnant, I thought I might be out of the woods so I stopped taking the Diclegis last night. I have been nauseous all day and vomiting! It is obvious that these meds work. I will be taking them again for the next 2 weeks. Only complaint is I'm more fatigued than usual when taking it"

MauraH May 12, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Extremely fatigued. Used is directed during week 7 and getting out of bed was a struggle. Slept all day and went to bed early...6-7pm early. This is my first pregnancy so I thought it's probably 1st trimester fatigue. Stopped using the next day and decided to "stick it out" without diclegis. I'm 17 weeks today and had really bad nausea vomiting every 30 mins this am and thought, ok let me give this medicine another shot, I'm desperate... Same deal, nausea/vomiting is gone... because I'm tranquilized! It works but I may be too sensitive for it's drowsiness effects. Not for me"

MichelleTharayil May 3, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This was the only medication that helped me to deal with morning sickness, that actually it was never just in the morning, I was sick all day and all night... It makes you sleepy but it's not like you can't get out of bed, they tell you to take 2 before bed another one in the morning and one more at noon, but I'm just taking one before bed time and one in the morning so I don't feel super sleepy and it works perfectly for me! No more sickness and I can eat anything I want :) plus it's super safe for the baby!"

Paulydom March 23, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I wouldn't suggest taking diclegis again. First time I tried it, I had heartburn that I haven't experienced in this pregnancy and my heart raced uncontrollably bad that I felt like I was dying. I followed the instructions that they gave me and I threw it up 30 minutes after taking. I'm afraid that it can harm the baby. I'm not taking it anymore. Never want to feel like that again. Have a terrible headache now. Worst experienced ever."

Amethyst2485 March 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"8 weeks pregnant with twins. Have severe nausea all day and evening. Take 2 pills before bed and it controls my symptoms until late evening the next day. Website for the drug warns of withdrawal symptoms and how to prevent them so do your research. Helps me to sleep all day. For me I would not take it during the day because it does make me drowsy. But without taking it, I would not last all day at work. Website also has coupons."

Mim222222 March 12, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I hate this drug! I feel exhausted all the time on it and it does not help at all! My doctor told me I can no longer take Zofran during the first trimester due to a study that said there might be issues, so she put me on Diclegis first. I have tried it for 2 weeks and am absolutely miserable! I am still throwing up and have nausea all day and night. I have always had horrible morning sickness and was hoping this would work. Sadly it does not all it does is make me want to sleep all day long! To make things worse, even with my insurance cover most of the cost it still cost over $80.00 for a month supply. That is crazy!"

COmom February 28, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This is my 4th pregnancy. I've always had bad morning sickness with each pregnancy but always ended by my 10th week. I started the Rx at 7 weeks and tried stopping at 13 weeks but experience terrible withdrawal symptoms. I only take 1 pill at night. When I tried stopping the med, I violently throw up, nauseous all day, body aches and excessive sweating. I would have never started the prescription if I knew stopping it is this painful."

Barbaraak January 18, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was given samples of Diclegis to help with my all day sickness. It seems safe so I was pretty excited to take it. First night took 2 pills and the next morning no nausea but I was dead tired, had dry mouth, and had stomach aches. Literally felt like a zombie couldn't drive barely made it out of bed. I had to stop taking it because I can't miss work. The next day I had a severe migraine never had one prior. It could have been due to me stopping the medication or it wearing off but I couldn't see nor function. I'd rather deal with the nausea than the side effects honestly. I feel bad but cannot function on Diclegis. Pregnant women are already tired we don't need to add to it. I'm glad it's working for others but thought I'd share my experience."

Brina01 (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This was a miracle medicine for me. I had extremely high hormone levels during my pregnancy and the vomiting and nausea were unbearable. I lost 10 lbs in three weeks and could not even walk. My doctor prescribed Diclegis and within an hour or two of taking my first dose I was able to get out of bed. Within a day I was able to eat and function as a mother for my other two children. The only side effect I've had is fatigue. I absolutely recommend this drug to everyone."

JessStor January 13, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"The first time I took it, I took one pill upon waking up. I literally stayed in bed the ENTIRE day. I could hardly open my eyes, let alone lift my head off the pillow. Thank goodness it was a weekend and I didn't have to work! I chalked it up to a bad morning sickness day and took two at bedtime that night. The next morning, it wasn't quite as bad but it was still a struggle to get through the day. I wasn't nauseous, but I was so fatigued and sleepy, and just felt "bad." I realized it might be the diclegis, so I didn't take any more after that. So now I'm back to all-day nausea (no vomiting), but at least I can function! I only recommend diclegis if you've got major vomiting/HG. Otherwise, the side effects just aren't worth it."

Steeners (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"As a pregnant, working mom of a toddler, this medicine is my enemy. I would rather feel the nausea than feel like I can't lift my head off of the pillow. I have taken just one before bed a few nights in the last week and each time I do, I feel like I have the worst hangover the next day. I can't function. I don't recommend to anyone unless they have their entire pregnancy to hibernate."

RELRN January 1, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Third pregnancy and zofran wasn't cutting it for me. Midwife prescribed diclegis- felt insanely better the next morning nausea wise but was super fatigued. If you miss a dose it will rock your world. For the first few days it knocked me out all night and made me feel sleepy all morning. Now I seem to be experiencing the insomnia/nightmares side effects and it's not fun. I'm hoping in a couple weeks I can wean off of it because I generally feel better a couple weeks into the second trimester. Definitely think the nausea aid is worth the side effects though- guess it all depends on how bad your nausea/vomiting is- and if this works for you!"

Alyssa5789 (taken for less than 1 month) December 25, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I am 7 weeks pregnant, my midwife have me samples of diclegis 5 days ago. Previous to trying them I had non stop nausea vomiting, weakness, truly just felt like death!! Day 1 of diclegis I was able to wake up be semi functional enough to where I was able to get ready for work pretty comfortably.. but my mid morning all the symptoms came back. On day 3 I added 2 pills at night, 1 in the morning, and 1 in the afternoon and I can tell you it is a miracle drug!! It does take a few days to start working at its full captivity but after the first few days you feel almost back to normal! I would recommend this to anyone and everyone!"

Raquel V. (taken for less than 1 month) December 17, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"It actually makes me vomit violently. It feels like it's burning a hole in my stomach. I've tried 3 different times. I have Hyperemesis and I take Zofran and Phenergan and when I try to add delcegis I vomit 10x back to back until it's out.... Awful awful stuff."

Pinknarcotic (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I am currently 7.5 weeks pregnant, and I started experiencing debilitating nausea at about six weeks. I've been taking Diclegis for a few days now (2 before bed and 1 more during the day if necessary) and it's helped quite a bit. My nausea has decreased between 60 and 80%, and my appetite is returning. I actually went out to dinner with friends last night and enjoyed myself! I have had some drowsiness, but I can still get through my work day OK. And thank goodness for my great prescription coverage - $40/100 tablets! I hope it continues to control my symptoms this well."

JG76 (taken for less than 1 month) November 18, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Diclegis is by far the best medicine for morning sickness..i suffered with all my pregnanciess (Hyperemesis Gravidarum) - ...which is severe morning sickness...with this pregnancy i was prescribe Diclegis. Which work wonders...not even drowsy! No nausea or vomiting I love this medicine it is a life saver and works great n completely safe..glad FDA put it back on the market"

preshuz2016 November 16, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"At 10 - 25 weeks my nausea never let up. When I say nausea, I actually mean vomiting. Every other day I knew my meals were not going to end well. I expected this during the 1st trimester, but upon approaching my 3rd trimester I knew something had to give. I don't expect any drug to work tremendously during the first trimester. Since nausea/vomiting is supposed to "return" during the 3rd trimester I decided to try this as baby is now more developed. It worked wonderfully; I have been on it for one week and can now eat with confidence! I still have some mild, although less, heartburn; This is the only reason I rated 9/10. It would truly be a miracle drug if it could get rid of the heartburn I developed during pregnancy too!"

FTM2017 (taken for less than 1 month) November 9, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been taking diclegis since I was 11 weeks pregnant. Prior to that, I was vomiting maybe twice a day and felt nauseous all day long (except at night). The first time I took diclegis, I was in HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!!! I felt sooooo good. I was able to go a full day not even thinking about feeling sick. I thought that would be the effect the whole time.NOT!. I am 3 weeks in with taking diclegis, and it seems like the effect of it has worn off to a certain extent. I am back to feeling nauseous most of the day. I will say that the vomiting is still under control, but I vomit maybe once every 4-5 days (which is still progress). I am in my 14th week now and I want to see how I will feel if I don't take the meds, but I'm scared lol!"

Lifesaver.....at first! August 30, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"The diclegis isn't working. I'm always sick and throw up twice a day at least. This is the worst feeling in the world. I had horrible morning sickness with my two other children that went away around 15 weeks. I'm almost 12 weeks and counting the days. This is my third and last pregnancy. I think about this being genetic and cringe and cry at the idea of my daughters going through this."

Always sick 24/7 August 28, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This medicine is a life saver. I'm currently 8 months pregnant and hadn't gained weight at all throughout this pregnancy. I actually lost weight because I was nauseous, vomiting regularly and couldn't eat throughout this entire pregnancy. I was taking Zofran which did help but thanks to Diclegis I was able to start eating more, the nausea went away and I gained 5 pounds in 2 weeks. I take Zofran throughout the day and 1-2 Diclegis at night because of the drowsiness, but this medicine is a definitely a life saver for me."

Marisote August 23, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I cannot keep water down, let alone food, if I don't take this. I was hoping it would end after the first trimester and I could stop using it daily, but I'm 4.5 months and I still can't be without it. So grateful it's class A because I don't know how I'd work and function without it. Wishing I didn't need anything! Also, I should add...I only take half the dose: one at night and one in the morning. Two during the day is way too much; you'll feel drowsy and sedated. I learned that day one and realized I don't even need that much to alleviate the symptoms."

HalfWayThereCmonBaby August 21, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was prescribed this medicine for my morning sickness. I haven't been able to get out of bed since I found out I was 6 weeks pregnant. This medicine does help me to not feel nauseous, but the side effects are terrible. I feel as if I've been given a heavy sedative. I started with the prescribed does of two pills at bedtime. When I woke up the following day I could barely lift my head off the pillow and was in and out of strange drug enduced sleep all day. I tried taking the medication again but only taking one pill. The effects were the same and I felt like I was on heavy drugs. Tried for a 3rd time but only a half pill. Same outcome. Can't get out of bed, foggy and in and out of sleep."

CharHunter August 12, 2016