User Reviews for Sinequan

Sinequan has an average rating of 7.8 out of 10 from a total of 7 ratings on Drugs.com. 71% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 14% reported a negative effect.

Depression
8.7
Anxiety
Major Depressive Disorder
10.0
Summary of Sinequan reviews 7.8 7 reviews

fayfaith November 20, 2015

For Anxiety: “If you're not able to take or no longer able to take SSRI'S, SNRI'S & Benz's this is a drug to consider. I've taken it off an on for decades. It helps tremendously in maintaining a normalcy n excellent for someone deprived of sleep. Takes time,but once adjusted it will become less of problem.Although it will continue to help for a good night's sleep. It's best to take this medication later in afternoon, until you do adjust. God Bless,”

fayfaith · Taken for 10 years or more September 20, 2015

For Depression: “It works tremendously well on Insomnia and really does help on maintaining a normalcy in everyday life. Sleeping a lot at first, which in my case was a good thing. It's not the best for uplifting depression and doesn't help in taking away anxiety or panic attacks. The side affects for me was being easily bothered & hostal/angry. Will pass if you continue taking as directed,but each time you stop n then start again the experience starts over. But keep in mind,side affects vary and its different for each of Us. What works for one might not work for another. I've been taking Sinequan/Doxepin for over two decades.”

Parapett August 29, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder: “It’s the best antidepressant for major depression I recommend it highly I have no side effects I take 250 mg a day In divided doses - one in the morning, one in the afternoon and three at night. It took me a year to find it and I love it Thank you”

rhollusstar October 5, 2009

For Insomnia: “Sinequan (doxepin) works very well for insomnia, especially since it not only causes drowsiness, but also because it relieves anxiety. A lot of insomnia is caused by overthinking or not being able to stop thinking or fretting. This is a good medicine for that. The only thing is it has more side effects than some of the newer drugs.”

mitcore June 5, 2008

For Depression: “Worked really well. I suffer from chronic insomnia as well and found it worked well on the depression and the insomnia.”

Tiptoptf · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 16, 2014

For Major Depressive Disorder: “It has greatly improved my mood and I have been sleeping wonderfully too.”

kounse46 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 5, 2015

For Depression: “After about a week it helped with anxiety, is prescribed actually to me for insomnia and I'm on 150 mg works well. I have tried about everything else.”