User Reviews for Dofetilide to treat Arrhythmia (Page 3)

Also known as: Tikosyn

Dofetilide Rating Summary

7.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 183 medications used in the treatment of Arrhythmia.

Reviews for Dofetilide

Anonymous November 19, 2009

Tikosyn (dofetilide): “I have been on Tikosyn 250mcg; 2 times a day since July 2009. I have had very little side effects and I'm feeling better..probably, never be as active as I was before all this. I have a defibrillator and pacemaker with 3 leads also. I feel bionic but I am better than I was a year ago. Just wish I could have more energy and not get tired so fast. ”

Anonymous October 26, 2009

Tikosyn (dofetilide): “Just started tikosyn at 125 mcg twice daily. Rythym is ok but heart rate is elevated and changes suddenly. Also have tightness in the chest.”

Anonymous August 3, 2009

Tikosyn (dofetilide): “This medicine was started in a hospital setting, but lowered my heart rate so low that the nurses would rush in to my room every 3 minutes because my heart monitor would alert them. My Cardiologist gave me 2 doses, and wanted to administer the 3rd, but I declined. ”

dtomie February 6, 2009

Tikosyn (dofetilide): “I was started on this medication in the hosptial to help convert Atrial Fibillation to a normal rhythm using electric shock. The electrical cardioversion was successful. Upon discharge I now take 1000mg per day without ill effects except the cost, which is about $250.00 per month at this dose.”

Tom Dey February 5, 2009

Tikosyn (dofetilide): “I've been taking the maximum dose for years to control atrial fibrillation and flutter. It reduced the atrial fibrillation from 100% of the time to about 65% - which feels WAY better. I accidentally overdosed (double dose) once and went to ER for observation with NO ill effects. Later learned that another person - same situation - DIED within a couple of hours. Glad thay told me that after. This medicine is great, POWERFUL and dangerous if overdosed. So if you take it be damned sure to never ever take more than prescribed. ”

Learn more about Arrhythmia

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)