User Reviews for Mexiletine

Arrhythmia 5.5
Summary of Mexiletine reviews 6.6 9 reviews

Reviews for Mexiletine

Just me. · Taken for less than 1 month January 19, 2020

For Arrhythmia: “I have had sudden cardiac arrest and an ablation and been on beta blockers for more than 15 years. After still getting shocked over the course of the last 15 years my new heart doctor put me on propranolol, after still getting shocked he put me on a combo of that and mexiletine. First night was ok, morning dose I got tingling and burning sensations on legs/arms/chest that didn't go away, then it took ALL of my energy away, then it threw any appetite out the window and gave me full nausea to where taking 1 bite of food makes me want to throw up. I have eaten maybe 1200 calories in a week probably less. I sit in bed all day now because I literally can't function being on this medication. The side effects only got worse and stayed full force. It also makes me drowsy and have numbness. After reading a ton of reviews from trusted sources a lot of people had to be taken off this medication due to the side effects outweighing any benefit.”

Bonniebee · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 5, 2018

For Arrhythmia: “This drug has worked wonders for my arrhythmias, with little side effect other than an upset stomach when not taken with food. I've now been on it for 7 months, and feeling great!!”

Bn03 · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 18, 2018

For Myotonia Congenita: “This medication has been a lifesaver. I have Myotonic Muscular Dystrophy, type 1. In laymen's terms, this disease causes ,among other things, involuntary muscle contractions (aka myotonia) usually in appendages (arms, legs etc.). I was experiencing excruciating, throbbing pain in my legs which interfered with balance and weakness. This medication has virtually eliminated this pain, in turn improving the balance and weakness. I had some heartburn but no other side effects. It worked quickly and I never miss or skip a dose.”

S Bear · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 4, 2017

For Myotonia Congenita: “I have been using this for a couple of months and have been able to start a wave of exercise that I have never been able to before. I can run without my body seizing up and punishing me. As this is relatively new as an option for me, I will continue to use it although I have found that my ankles are regularly puffy and i get more visual migraines. Still do not know if this is actually connected to the use of Mexiletine though.”

Anonymous August 2, 2012

Mexitil (mexiletine) for Arrhythmia: “I am currently laying in a hospital bed after being told I have too many PVC's for an ablation although I had a successful one 18 months ago. Four doses of this medication and I can hardly function due to the side effects. Severe nausea, dizziness, shaking so bad I can't even hold a cup of water. Plus, every time I move around my heart rate shoots up from around 65 to the upper 90's. I don't think this is going to work for me even though it does help my PVC's.”

daydailor September 13, 2010

For Arrhythmia: “Since the shortage in the spring it seems the newer doses are not as effective. I have been having a lot more ventricular tachycardia. Doctors are now considering doing another ablation because of the problem.”

macm May 22, 2010

Mexitil (mexiletine) for Arrhythmia: “This drug has worked well for me. The only problem that I have is that it is very hard to get refills. I have been to every drug store within 30 miles and they are all out. I signed up for express scripts under Tricare, they filled my first prescription and now they are out. ”

Anonymous May 14, 2010

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: “I have been taking Mexiletine for about 3 years for neuropathy in my feet. It has been a great help in reducing the tingling effect. I cannot obtain it now. I am told that it is unavailable by insurance company and local drug store.”

Anonymous January 24, 2010

Mexitil (mexiletine) for Arrhythmia: “This drug did help some but I still experienced problems. This drug also made me feel and act like an old man. Once I stopped taking it my energy levels rebounded. I am looking for something better.”