User Reviews for Mexiletine

Also known as: Mexitil

Learn more about Mexiletine.

Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy 1 reviews 40 medications

Arrhythmia 4 reviews 43 medications

6.3
Summary of Mexiletine reviews 5 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Mexiletine

Mexitil (mexiletine) for Arrhythmia: "I am currently laying in a hospital bed after being told I have too many PVC's for an ablation although I had a successful one 18 months ago. Four doses of this medication and I can hardly function due to the side effects. Severe nausea, dizziness, shaking so bad I can't even hold a cup of water. Plus, every time I move around my heart rate shoots up from around 65 to the upper 90's. I don't think this is going to work for me even though it does help my PVC's."

Anonymous August 2, 2012

For Arrhythmia: "Since the shortage in the spring it seems the newer doses are not as effective. I have been having a lot more ventricular tachycardia. Doctors are now considering doing another ablation because of the problem."

daydailor September 13, 2010

Mexitil (mexiletine) for Arrhythmia: "This drug has worked well for me. The only problem that I have is that it is very hard to get refills. I have been to every drug store within 30 miles and they are all out. I signed up for express scripts under Tricare, they filled my first prescription and now they are out. "

macm May 22, 2010

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: "I have been taking Mexiletine for about 3 years for neuropathy in my feet. It has been a great help in reducing the tingling effect. I cannot obtain it now. I am told that it is unavailable by insurance company and local drug store."

Anonymous May 14, 2010

Mexitil (mexiletine) for Arrhythmia: "This drug did help some but I still experienced problems. This drug also made me feel and act like an old man. Once I stopped taking it my energy levels rebounded. I am looking for something better."

Anonymous January 24, 2010