User Reviews for Tambocor

Supraventricular Tachycardia 4.0
Summary of Tambocor reviews 7.3 14 reviews

Reviews for Tambocor

Getwellsoonbro · Taken for less than 1 month October 2, 2019

For Atrial Fibrillation: “My bro was diagnosed having AFib not long ago and doc prescribed Concor once a day and tambocor 50mg twice a day. It works well on the first 3 days and he had slow heart rate , fluttering, shortness of breath , shakiness comes all together on the 4th day. It's seem like getting worse after taking this drug , it's just not for him and doc agree to take him off now. Trying on new meds next week and I hope that one will work well on him. Having shortness of breath n feel weak is really terrifying..”

Gcarddeededed · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 22, 2017

For Supraventricular Tachycardia: “I have been on Tambacor for 7 years now and in the past 2 years I have been having dizzy spells, almost blackout, panic attacks for no reason, breathing problems out of the blue, eyes are blurring up more and more each year, no energy, weak muscles and not for lack of trying I just can't get them to tone up so I consider myself weak. My tummy gets upset ringing in the ears and the most annoying other than the dizziness is the low blood pressure it just drops so times! These are all symptoms for this drug. I was in denial for a long time as these side effects were minimal and just became worse . I'm not on any other drug. I'll have to go off it but what's next??”

cv1 May 22, 2015

For Atrial Flutter: “Kept me in regular sinus rhythm but after three years on the med I failed a stress test due to QRS widening, a potentially fatal heart rhythm irregularity. Doctor states it was caused by the medication”

Patriciads627 · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 11, 2015

For Ventricular Tachycardia: “I have been on Flecainide since 2008 for Afib and I am very pleased. I would suggest trying this before a Defibulator or letting them do Ablation.”

Gar Mac January 8, 2013

For Ventricular Tachycardia: “I have been taking Tambocor for 2 years and it had been been effective with little to no side effects. As long as you do not have heart disease or blockages.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 25, 2012

For Atrial Flutter: “Several times my heart went into palpitations due to over-exercise or stress; within 4 hours my heart returned to normal.”

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 31, 2012

For Atrial Fibrillation: “I used it for 6 years. After 3 years I started having peripheral vision problems of tiny white moving spots. I assumed it was an eye problem, but my ophthalmologists didn't see a reason. It is a side effect of this medicine.”

Poupon November 15, 2011

For Atrial Fibrillation: “Initially it worked, with minimal side effects. But after one year I have virtually ALL known side effects for this medicine, including severe fatigue and shortness of breath - or inability to get a full breath. I attributed these to mold in our soil, due to construction, and did not look at side effects, until my EP's total lack of concern made me wonder if he was hiding something. I am SHOCKED by what I now read, and have no idea what to do - obviously, reporting to my EP is NOT the answer. My GP says she knows nothing about cardiology. ”

Justan_Observation April 27, 2011

For Atrial Fibrillation: “Coming up on 1 year of Tambocor Metoprolol for treatment of atrial fibrillation. It works very well, no attacks at all since starting Tambocor, hence my life is better in that respect. However, there is a trade off, my energy level is lower and I feel exactly the same when I get up at 7:30 in the morning; whether I go to bed at 9:00PM or stay up until after midnight. I am chronically tired. Also, I notice strange things with my peripheral vision occasionally since on the Tambocor. That's not to scare anyone off, I can still function normally, from yard work, to splitting wood, to playing golf, on the outside I doubt anyone who knows me has a clue that I am on medication. It is a "feeling" to me. I can tell I am a little "off" but it's worth it.”

don44 November 8, 2010

For Atrial Fibrillation: “Caused severe side effects.”

Anonymous August 11, 2009

For Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome: “I began Tambocor nearly 10 years ago when frequency of episodes increased to weekly. I have had no bouts of tachycardia since.”

Anonymous February 1, 2009

For Atrial Fibrillation: “Have been taking Tambocor for 11 years (100mg/day). Have only had Atrial Fibrillation episodes when I forgot to take it.”

Anonymous September 18, 2008

For Atrial Fibrillation: “I was put on Tambocor combined with Toprol XL over 2 years ago and have not had a recurrence of Atrial Fibrillation. This was after trying other medications for over 3 years.”

Anonymous August 18, 2008

For Atrial Fibrillation: “I have been using tambocor for Atrial Fibrillation for about 5 years now and it has been a very effective drug for me. Since being on 200mgs I haven't had an attack for a year.”