User Reviews for Tambocor to treat Atrial Fibrillation

Tambocor has an average rating of 7.0 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings for the treatment of Atrial Fibrillation. 56% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 22% reported a negative effect.

Tambocor Rating Summary

7.0/10 average rating

Compare all 32 medications used in the treatment of Atrial Fibrillation.

Reviews for Tambocor

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 31, 2012

“I used it for 6 years. After 3 years I started having peripheral vision problems of tiny white moving spots. I assumed it was an eye problem, but my ophthalmologists didn't see a reason. It is a side effect of this medicine.”

Justan_Observation April 27, 2011

“Coming up on 1 year of Tambocor Metoprolol for treatment of atrial fibrillation. It works very well, no attacks at all since starting Tambocor, hence my life is better in that respect. However, there is a trade off, my energy level is lower and I feel exactly the same when I get up at 7:30 in the morning; whether I go to bed at 9:00PM or stay up until after midnight. I am chronically tired. Also, I notice strange things with my peripheral vision occasionally since on the Tambocor. That's not to scare anyone off, I can still function normally, from yard work, to splitting wood, to playing golf, on the outside I doubt anyone who knows me has a clue that I am on medication. It is a "feeling" to me. I can tell I am a little "off" but it's worth it.”

Poupon November 15, 2011

“Initially it worked, with minimal side effects. But after one year I have virtually ALL known side effects for this medicine, including severe fatigue and shortness of breath - or inability to get a full breath. I attributed these to mold in our soil, due to construction, and did not look at side effects, until my EP's total lack of concern made me wonder if he was hiding something. I am SHOCKED by what I now read, and have no idea what to do - obviously, reporting to my EP is NOT the answer. My GP says she knows nothing about cardiology. ”

Getwellsoonbro · Taken for less than 1 month October 2, 2019

“My bro was diagnosed having AFib not long ago and doc prescribed Concor once a day and tambocor 50mg twice a day. It works well on the first 3 days and he had slow heart rate , fluttering, shortness of breath , shakiness comes all together on the 4th day. It's seem like getting worse after taking this drug , it's just not for him and doc agree to take him off now. Trying on new meds next week and I hope that one will work well on him. Having shortness of breath n feel weak is really terrifying..”

Joyce · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 30, 2021

“Severe reaction with loss of muscle strength and general mobility, neck, back, jaw pain. Inability to turn head. Lower abdominal pain. I have been off the Med for 4 weeks but side effects have only minimally abated. Would like to find a support group.”

Kevinal September 2, 2021

“I’ve been on flecainide for about a year and a half. For 30 years I tried all manner of other medication‘s including Toprol XL and other beta blockers in attempt to control my pre-ventricle contractions and pre-atrium contractions. The other medication’s did little to control the arrhythmias and the doctor put me on flecainide once my arrhythmias started to be trigeminy. Within a day of taking flecainide I experienced no irregular heartbeats. Flecainide has control my arrhythmias very well over the last year and a half and there are often times when I go to days that any skips. I continue to take meta-Toprol along with the flecainide. The only side effect I’ve experienced is slight fatigue.”

Anonymous February 1, 2009

“Have been taking Tambocor for 11 years (100mg/day). Have only had Atrial Fibrillation episodes when I forgot to take it.”

Anonymous August 18, 2008

“I have been using tambocor for Atrial Fibrillation for about 5 years now and it has been a very effective drug for me. Since being on 200mgs I haven't had an attack for a year.”

Anonymous September 18, 2008

“I was put on Tambocor combined with Toprol XL over 2 years ago and have not had a recurrence of Atrial Fibrillation. This was after trying other medications for over 3 years.”

don44 November 8, 2010

“Caused severe side effects.”

Learn more about Atrial Fibrillation