User Reviews for Dicyclomine to treat Noninfectious Colitis

Also known as: Bentyl, Dicyclocot, Dibent, Bemote, Byclomine, Di-Spaz Dilomine

Dicyclomine has an average rating of 6.9 out of 10 from a total of 10 ratings for the treatment of Noninfectious Colitis. 60% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 20% reported a negative effect.

Dicyclomine Rating Summary

6.9/10 average rating

Compare all 18 medications used in the treatment of Noninfectious Colitis.

Reviews for Dicyclomine

sammye23 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 6, 2020

“I've had Ulcerative Colitis for about 4 years now. Asked my GI for this after I was given it after visiting Urgent Care, it eliminated all my cramping. I could finally do something other than clench my stomach. The only side effect for me was some blurry vision but other than that it doesn't seem to impact anything. I take 10mg 3 times a day and it is sufficient enough for me to get my pain under control.”

BCS BUG · Taken for less than 1 month June 28, 2013

“I had experienced the horrible symptoms of inflammatory bowel syndrome for about six months -- the urgent needs to find a restroom (occasionally without success in time), loss of weight, a hesitation to eat since I knew what would ensue, etc. I was referred to a gastroenterologist who, after several unsuccessful prescriptions, performed a colonoscopy and found the IBS/colitis. He prescribed 10 mg. dicyclomine and two Pepto-Bismol three times a day. The relief was almost immediate; I did learn they were more effective if I took them 15-30 minutes before eating. Perhaps because of the lower dosage that those mentioned in some of these other reviews, I haven't experienced the sleepiness or lack of energy. I love this medication!”

Muffn43 · Taken for less than 1 month October 15, 2016

“I have had IBS for many years and have dealt with it. Just this past week I made a trip to the ER thinking I was having appendicitis. Thank God I didn't. I was diagnosed with Colitis. The pain was so severe at times I couldn't hardly walk. I went to my doctor the next day and he prescribed dicyclomine. What a life saver!! No more pain.”

Sherylro January 10, 2014

“This medication didn't work for me and it gave me some pretty bothersome side effects. I was only taking one 20 mg pill a day for a couple weeks. It made me very loopy and tired. The side effects I had were several severe hot flashes per day. Night sweats. Chest pain that would last a couple hours until I would randomly belch and it would instantly disappear. Stopped taking it and all side effects disappeared. I will never take that pill again.”

karengo December 12, 2011

“Agree with other posters saying this medicine is a lifesaver, at least as far as quality of life! Was suffering from colitis post gastroenteritis for four days with low grade fever (100.5) and finally couldn't take the pain. Was prescribed Bentyl with Flagyl and doxycycline for the colitis. Starting working within hours to relieve the terrible cramping and bloating. ”

Allisondg · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 2, 2017

“Have been diagnosed with Ulcerative colitis/Crohn's disease for just over a year now. Took dicyclomine from the very beginning. It seems to work pretty well getting rid of the abdominal pain. However, because I am on so many different medicines (10) I cannot say for sure which medicine helped with what or caused whichever side effect. I have experienced nausea, lack of appetite, drowsiness, dizziness, insomnia, dehydration, and severe headaches.”

Jewels45 May 28, 2016

“well it seems to help so much it scares me. the thing is been to the ER alot of times no answers.once they did find i have small hiatel hernia. My gastro Dr put me on this it seems to help keep me out of the ER. I am thankful for this, and pray it continues with my other meds to help. till i have my surgery.It makes me tired but thats all.”

tntreyes199687624162 February 16, 2015

“I have just started taking this medication. I am on my 3rd pill right now. I get every one of the side effects with no real relief from the pain. It does help me sleep at night through the pain instead of waking up every 10 minutes I wake up every 1 or 2 hours.”

Eliza08Beth19 April 28, 2015

“This stuff is really a Miracle Pill. It works fast relieving my cramps within 10 to 15 minutes! I can drink coffee again! The only problem I have with it is the headache I get afterwards. It makes me drowsy, but for the most part, I can still function.”

oldeee · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 26, 2015

“I'm 28 problem started when I was about 22yr. old. I took dicyclomine for about a week for my Colon. After 3rd MRI spent 2.5 days in hospital. Only for them to tell me we don't know what is wrong with you here try these pills. They sent me home I had to crawl on my hands and knees vomiting along the way from hospital exit to my car. The pills (20mg) helped after about 3rd day then they seemed to make it hurt. Now I only take it when I can feel my colon starting to hurt it seems to work good that way. I'm still taking it.”

SMS 08 June 15, 2016

“It worked for me it helped with bloating and cramping”

Learn more about Noninfectious Colitis