User Reviews for Cambia

Migraine

Summary of Cambia reviews 8.0 33 reviews

Reviews for Cambia

For Migraine "Cambia works perfectly for me. I get zero side effects from it, so I take it at the first sign of aura or pain because there's no side effect trade off. BUT even when I haven't been able to take it at onset, it still works for me. If taken hours in, it sometimes doesn't remove all pain , but I take another and that one always takes the rest of the pain away. But since I don't get dizzy or drowsy, I keep it with me at all times and take it wherever I am. It's given me my life back. Sometimes my sensitivity to light & sound stays a bit. This isn't a side effect of the med, I think it's just that I still have a migraine in the background, with no pain. Maybe it's just post migraine fog though, as it doesn't present right away. It's hours after. Tip: works best on empty stomach. Wait to take it for 15-30 minutes if stomach is full. Don't drink or eat anything for another 30 minutes while it's absorbing into your stomach lining."

Andie (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 21, 2018

For Migraine "Thank you Terri J H...I tried your migraine prevention method of 400 mg Magnesium glycinate every day and it worked like magic. In my case, I have been taking 400 mg Magnesium + 500 mg Acetaminophen and a glass of water with lime/lemon...and my migraine/headache has reduced 98% in one week. "

Hank-A (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2018

For Migraine "After trying many other migraine medications, like most, I found this to be the best with the least amount of side effects. It only takes between 20 minutes to 1 hour to start working. For me, the side effects are minimal. I don't get drowsy or feel weird, but certainly shouldn't operate any machinery or do any heavy thinking. Honestly, I feel pretty good, like I could do stuff, but found I have a slight disconnect to the brain. So it is safer to just kick your feet up while on this medication & rest for a few hours. The only down side for me is that to completely get rid of migraine & no reoccurrence, I need to take a second dosage. But to me it is worth it & really helps me rid those awful migraines. My last insurance covered this medication & I only needed to pay $25, but now I may have to pay up to $600. Not sure yet on the cost. Trying to get the script filled now."

HKTinker (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 18, 2018

For Migraine "Went to see my neurologist, on a 0-10 scale mine was a 10. It was awful, I hurt all over, balance was off, even a busted capillary in my right eye so it was fuzzy. Before I left he gave me the powder Cambia (which I had taken pill many years ago with no help) and this miracle powder was no different - it had no affect on my migraine !!! My other Neuro had me on stadholder nasal spray and it helped. I'd been on it for years. Why change something that helps ??!??!!!!"

Punkin (taken for less than 1 month) June 23, 2018

For Migraine "Miracle drug for me for my migraines."

Necole Anderson (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 23, 2018

For Migraine "I've taken triptans for years as an abortive therapy, and recently started on some preventatives. My neurologist thought that I should try Cambia, saying that it was faster-acting (and better for me in the long term - not sure if I buy that, after looking at the side effects) than triptans. It lessened the intensity of my migraine for about two hours, after which my migraine was worse than ever. I ended up having to take a double dose of triptan. The package that I have (sample) does contain aspartame, which I know I don't react well to, so perhaps that was part of the problem. Anyway, I won't be trying it again. The powder dissolves quickly, but I found the taste pretty awful - like drinking toothpaste."

HKSS December 6, 2017

For Migraine "This medication has truly changed my life. It gets rid of every migraine every single time. The only issue is that the two insurances I’ve tried to fill it on won’t approve. It’s hundreds of dollars for 5 (?) packets I think. Must of us can’t afford that."

Joybelley (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 3, 2017

For Migraine "As Cambia Hoax said, it's mint and anise-flavored diclofenac potassium, with artificial sweeteners (sucralose, i.e., Splenda, not aspartame) and some other inactive ingredients. It's priced at only ~$600 for nine 50mg packets, while the actual cost is pennies. If this is not a scam, I don't know what is..."

Cambia SCAM (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2017

For Migraine "Although no medication completely rids my migraines (I get stroke like symptoms with my migraines) aura with numbness on right or left side- depending on side of pain, dizziness and off balance. It's absolutely horrible! But when I take Cambia right away it relives the killer pain! I still get my warning signs but the migraine passes much more quickly with this medication! It does tend to make me feel a little weird-my nerves feel over sensitive. But I got a migraine around 8am today took cambia! And on my way to work at 12:30pm! Miracle!"

Sarah Manns August 21, 2017

For Migraine "I've had migraines for decades, did all kinds of naturopaths, acupuncture iridologist, meds & Botox injections. I have used two packets of Cambia and so far so good. Will continue to see how it goes. There are many warnings with this drug. So be aware & in the meantime keep healing"

Good Luck Stay Medically Safe June 22, 2017

For Migraine "I was having frequent migraines to the point where it was making me hate life and cry all the time. I was scared to take it but it worked within two minutes. If you are scared and feel hopeless try this medication it will literally save you from the drowning that migraines can make you feel. Its the only medication I can say that is truly magic."

BeeGee123 April 11, 2017

For Migraine "I have had debilitating migraines for over 25 years. I have tried EVERY type of migraine medication- hoping each time the new one would work- and would be so frustrated every time. I previously thought my migraines were hormone related, but have now realized they are also caused by changes in the weather/ air pressure. My neurologist has tried many medications, and finally Cambia! Cambia is by far the best thing I have used- If I can take it as soon as I feel the migraine coming on, it works great! I have been taking it for 6 months, and only a couple of times it didn't work. I also started taking 400mg of magnesium glycinate every day and I feel it has also helped in migraine prevention. Hope this helps others as much as it has helped me!"

Terri J H April 10, 2017

For Migraine "Mama said "If it's too good to be true, it probably is". Except for Cambia. This is good stuff. I get headaches so often I don't often notice unless it's a bad one. Relief comes within 10 to 15 minutes. Maybe even less on an empty stomach. Pain, throbbing, sensitivity, all of it. Best part- I can take it at work (elementary special needs teacher) with no impairment, drowsiness, or pesky side effects whatsoever. That's a BIG deal when working with kids. I keep two packets in my wallet at all times. PS: The taste, mint and black jellybeans, was hard for me to swallow at first. But it's no worse than NyQuil or Robitussin or any of the other horrid things we take to feel better. So what?"

TheOther77 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 4, 2016

For Migraine "Cambia is Diclofenac Potassium. This company added flavor consisting of mint and anis (liquorish flavor). Also they added aspartame which is not a good thing. They charge hundreds of dollars for only nine powders. The actual drug of Diclofenac Potassium is cheap and you get a 30 day supply. I just crushed the pill into a powder and took with water just like the Cambia...worked just as fast and tasted better, because it had NO taste. Don't be fooled by the makers of Cambia. It is just another Epi Pen scandal story."

Cambia Hoax (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2016

For Migraine "I've had the intense headaches for months took one dose and gone!!! Worked for me tasted good"

Meye Akeen Hed September 3, 2016

For Migraine "Really did the trick for my migraine with no side effects. Tastes terrible but I'll take that over a migraine any day!"

A Nonie Mouse July 9, 2016

For Migraine "I found this medication online with some web searches during major migraine. I asked my neurologist for a prescription and fortunately she agreed. She'd never heard of it before, so was hesitant. My insurance covers this a better price than other migraine abortants. It's my go to now. I highly recommend. Use as little water as possible, then rinse the cup with water and drink whatever residue. It works wonders and truly dosen't taste bad."

kismetangel (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 29, 2016

For Migraine "Effective if you catch it early. Works quickly."

Honky February 12, 2016

For Migraine "Present migraine has plagued me for 2 weeks despite my customary meds (->treximet, ->percocet 10mg, -> imitrex injections, not in same day of course). I also do botox migraine every three months. I not only suffer with common symptoms, debilitating headache, nausea, light/sound sensitivities, I also have numbness, unilateral paralysis, and even blindness. I've tried most approved treatments, including "off label" medications, with ranging levels of relief. I've yet to find a preventative aka "miracle drug", although, botox has effectively reduced the number of my "headache" days. At any rate, my migraine specialist gave me samples of Cambia at last visit and today I remembered I had it. It quickly took a level 9 to a level 3."

Chronic Hemiplegic Migraine (taken for less than 1 month) December 18, 2015

For Migraine "This is a miracle! I've had migraines since I was 6, diagnosed with chronic daily migraines when I was 14 and have not been able to find a reprieve from the pain. On a scale of 1 to 10 my pain is usually around a 4 on a good day and a 8 or 9 on a bad one. On a bad day I take a dose of Cambia and an Imitrex subcutaneous injection and it completely knocks out my migraine! In all my years of having migraines I never thought that was possible. Even when I don't take the injection the Cambia alone brings a level 8 migraine down to a 3 which is manageable."

Lilly0892 November 16, 2015

For Migraine "taste terriable. made my stomach hurt and did nothing for headache"

bbww (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2015

For Migraine "Doesn't taste too bad for having to drink it. It is effective. Doesn't seem to have to have any negative effects on me. and works quickly especially compared to other pain meds."

ScarlettO August 25, 2015

For Migraine "Did not work for me at all. Since 2005 until now I've been on every non narcotic and narcotic meds for my migraines that in spring & summer increases them to 5-7 times a week. I've even had the injections even though I'd always say no way would I allow it but then I did them because if it would've helped it would be so worth it. I'm now quite desperate as I have no decent quality of life anymore. White brain matter was first detected in 2005 which led to more tests and found out it's Multiple Sclerosis that was causing it and in 2006 there was a tumor caught by Cat Scan deep in the left cerebellum. Surgeons say I'd have a 50/50 chance of dying. I hate to say it but migraines 5-7 days a week is not exactly living."

Mystique420 July 25, 2014

For Migraine "This medication is the only one that works for me to relieve my migraines. Although I am curious why I can only take it once a week. My migraines occur daily."

LizShew June 11, 2014

For Migraine "I have been taking Firocet for years and it has been moderately effective for my migraines , which I usually have one per week. My Dr. last week recommended Cambia, was skeptical about it but was in agony and gave it a try. Within 45 minutes I was up and functional. Will only use in severe cases. Also very costly if you have no insurance."

fsb November 25, 2013