User Reviews for Norpramin

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Norpramin.

Depression
9.8

Summary of Norpramin reviews 9.8 5 reviews

Reviews for Norpramin

For Depression "I took this drug for over 20 years. It worked extremely well for me. Dry mouth was my only side effect. I was told by my pharmacy they could no longer get it. I took the generic for a while but it never worked as well. I was surprised to read others have taken it recently. How sad something that worked so well for many is hard to get. I would switch back in a heartbeat."

Joanzie (taken for 10 years or more) November 15, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I did so well on this medication! But I can no longer afford it. The generic version I was paying $280 a month. I have since changed to Effexor, and now on Zoloft and neither one works as well. I had been on this since 1986, but had to change last November because of the cost. I miss it so much"

1122334455 (taken for 10 years or more) April 3, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I have spent years going through one anti-depressant after another. I even did ECT treatments and nothing worked. My psychiatrist then put me on desipramine and I have never looked back. I have energy, I can concentrate, get out of bed, and function for the first time in years. I've been taking it for 6 months now and have not had to increase the dosage, either. It was truly a godsend."

JenniferRose (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 21, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "It was the God send of meds for me!"

EJstultz (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 8, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Desipramine has worked wonders for me. After many years on and off of various medications that would - at best, if they worked at all - help briefly and degenerate into vicious side effects, this one worked like a charm. The only down-side is that it is so innocuous that it's easy to get used to the improvement; since the improvements it can be tempting to consider oneself "better" and discontinue prematurely. Fortunately there are no discontinuation effects, and the only side effect I have experienced is slight photosensitivity."

DoktorRowan (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 29, 2013