User Reviews for Norpramin to treat Depression

Norpramin Rating Summary

9.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 191 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Norpramin

Joanzie · Taken for 10 years or more November 15, 2016

“I took this drug for over 20 years. It worked extremely well for me. Dry mouth was my only side effect. I was told by my pharmacy they could no longer get it. I took the generic for a while but it never worked as well. I was surprised to read others have taken it recently. How sad something that worked so well for many is hard to get. I would switch back in a heartbeat.”

1122334455 · Taken for 10 years or more April 3, 2016

“I did so well on this medication! But I can no longer afford it. The generic version I was paying $280 a month. I have since changed to Effexor, and now on Zoloft and neither one works as well. I had been on this since 1986, but had to change last November because of the cost. I miss it so much”

JenniferRose · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 21, 2014

“I have spent years going through one anti-depressant after another. I even did ECT treatments and nothing worked. My psychiatrist then put me on desipramine and I have never looked back. I have energy, I can concentrate, get out of bed, and function for the first time in years. I've been taking it for 6 months now and have not had to increase the dosage, either. It was truly a godsend.”

EJstultz · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 8, 2013

“It was the God send of meds for me!”

DoktorRowan · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 29, 2013

“Desipramine has worked wonders for me. After many years on and off of various medications that would - at best, if they worked at all - help briefly and degenerate into vicious side effects, this one worked like a charm. The only down-side is that it is so innocuous that it's easy to get used to the improvement; since the improvements it can be tempting to consider oneself "better" and discontinue prematurely. Fortunately there are no discontinuation effects, and the only side effect I have experienced is slight photosensitivity.”