User Reviews for Degarelix to treat Prostate Cancer

Also known as: Firmagon

Degarelix has an average rating of 9.4 out of 10 from a total of 7 ratings for the treatment of Prostate Cancer. 86% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 0% reported a negative experience.

Degarelix rating summary

9.4/10 average rating

Compare all 59 medications used in the treatment of Prostate Cancer.

Reviews for Degarelix

downstg · Taken for 1 to 6 months · August 22, 2012

Firmagon (degarelix): “After biopsy revealed it was tiime to consider Hormone Therapy. I was started on Lupron. I came back in for a three month check and my PSA had not changed that much and my Testosterone was still high. I did not want to add another pill to my "diet" so Urologist tried 3 months of Firmagon. Wow!! PSA down huge and Dr says I'm completely Test-Suppressed.”

thewaldo · November 13, 2013

Firmagon (degarelix): “I was diagnosed with prostate 10 years ago and the surgery. Because I still had PSA activity I was put on Lupron. My PSA decreased below 1.0 and I voluntarily ceased the Lupron injections. Earlier this year tests showed PSA was greatly elevated. I started with a new doctor who put me on Firmagon. My PSA dropped from 3200 three months ago to 29! There have been no significant side effects other than those similar to the Lupron use.”

Dannyboy · Taken for 2 to 5 years · November 28, 2019

Firmagon (degarelix): “Diagnosed with prostate cancer at 68 yrs old and now I am 71 1/2 yrs old . PSA when diagnosed was 8.5 and 3 bone mets in pelvis . Started firmagon every 28 days and exgiva every 28 days .My PSA dropped to 1 .1 and has stayed there now for 3yrs 7 months ”

old geezer · Taken for 1 to 6 months · October 1, 2015

Firmagon (degarelix): “Started with PSA of 30. After three months on Firmagon the PSA was below one. This stuff really works! I had all the usual side effects: lethargy, hot and cold spells, and especially injection site pain. The injections site become red, hot, puffy, and hurts quite bad for a few days after. And you have to get the injection every 28 days. But, it really does hammer down the PSA.”

magwa999 · Taken for 1 to 6 months · December 22, 2015

Firmagon (degarelix): “Been taking it for about 4 months, lower back pain gone, heat and cold flashes, testicles shrinking, no sex drive, weight gain, My PSA number was 212 and last checked was 9 so its working. I have stage 4 where it has gone to my bones. Now I am also using Marijuana to see if it helps cancer.. we shall see........”

Brother · Taken for 1 to 6 months · February 24, 2020

Firmagon (degarelix): “Diagnosed with Oligometastatic prostate cancer with one lymph node and two bone mets in early Jan 2010. Had 240 mg Degarelix. After 26 days result shows PSA down to 0.707 from 13.6 and Testosterone down to 4.1 Very mild side effect so far. Had my first 80 mg Degarelix on 24 Feb, 2020”

gg · Taken for less than 1 month · January 6, 2020

Firmagon (degarelix): “had my 1st injections one month ago. My PSA dropped from 10 to 4. I'm going for 2nd injection today. Injections in abdomen hurt for a few days, only side effect so far tiredness, weakness. have recurring cancer following brachetherapy”

rene455 · Taken for 1 to 6 months · August 10, 2022

“Between the last 2 injections, my PSA reading remained unchanged. About 1.01. Degarelix drains my strength and I'm exhausted most of the time, with hot flashes during the night I refuse to live like this. (This is living)?? I'm 86 and refuse to be a vegetable for the rest of my days. I've got to die of something. It may as well be prostate cancer.”

Craigwrk · February 4, 2017

Firmagon (degarelix): “Side effects hot flushes of short duration some tiredness PSA dropped from 38.0 to below1.0 after 6 weeks from start of treatment.”

Hank · Taken for 10 years or more · January 4, 2020

“I am experiencing chronic diarrhea after two months of degarelix injections. Is there an alternative injection?”

Learn more about Prostate Cancer