User Reviews for Degarelix to treat Prostate Cancer

Also known as: Firmagon

Reviews for Degarelix

Craigwrk February 4, 2017

Firmagon (degarelix): "Side effects hot flushes of short duration some tiredness PSA dropped from 38.0 to below1.0 after 6 weeks from start of treatment."

magwa999 · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 22, 2015

Firmagon (degarelix): "Been taking it for about 4 months, lower back pain gone, heat and cold flashes, testicles shrinking, no sex drive, weight gain, My PSA number was 212 and last checked was 9 so its working. I have stage 4 where it has gone to my bones. Now I am also using Marijuana to see if it helps cancer.. we shall see........"

old geezer · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 1, 2015

Firmagon (degarelix): "Started with PSA of 30. After three months on Firmagon the PSA was below one. This stuff really works! I had all the usual side effects: lethargy, hot and cold spells, and especially injection site pain. The injections site become red, hot, puffy, and hurts quite bad for a few days after. And you have to get the injection every 28 days. But, it really does hammer down the PSA."

thewaldo November 13, 2013

Firmagon (degarelix): "I was diagnosed with prostate 10 years ago and the surgery. Because I still had PSA activity I was put on Lupron. My PSA decreased below 1.0 and I voluntarily ceased the Lupron injections. Earlier this year tests showed PSA was greatly elevated. I started with a new doctor who put me on Firmagon. My PSA dropped from 3200 three months ago to 29! There have been no significant side effects other than those similar to the Lupron use."

downstg · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 22, 2012

Firmagon (degarelix): "After biopsy revealed it was tiime to consider Hormone Therapy. I was started on Lupron. I came back in for a three month check and my PSA had not changed that much and my Testosterone was still high. I did not want to add another pill to my "diet" so Urologist tried 3 months of Firmagon. Wow!! PSA down huge and Dr says I'm completely Test-Suppressed."

Learn more about Prostate Cancer

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)