User Reviews for Colcrys

Learn more about Colcrys.

Familial Mediterranean Fever 1 reviews 2 medications

9.5
Gout, Prophylaxis 1 reviews 2 medications

9.5
Gout, Acute 19 reviews 83 medications

7.6
Summary of Colcrys reviews 21 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Colcrys

For Gout, Acute "Hello everybody i have chronic gout and osteoarthritis had it for 15 years and am going thru a bad gout attack today right ankle joint feels like somebody busted a empty bottle and broken glass inside my cartilage it is the most pain imagined not even 30 mg hydrocodone helps ,this is my 40th or so attacks in my life lost count. main cause for me was uric acid caused by drinking beer for many years i never learned .yea i took just about everything from several meds indomethacin,diflonec,allopurinol curently and today colcrys x3 pills which will knock it out here in about few hours ,drink plenty water and yea diarrea to flush out comes with it ,i have cut out drinking for over 6 weeks and just one six pack one day and Bamm!!full blown gout"

Budnotweiser November 3, 2016

For Gout, Acute "I have suffered with an acute gout attack for the first time and my doctor gave me Colcrys. I am nearly pain free in less than 24 hours. I wish I hadn't waited so long to go to the doctor."

Dellap (taken for less than 1 month) October 15, 2016

For Gout, Acute "Had a bad flare up of gout in my let foot. Dr. prescribed Colcrys and after three days I had no relief from the pain, swelling or burning, but I did have terrible nausea and diahrrea. Doctor then switched me to Indomethacine and within hours the pain started to subside. Now, two days later, I'm about 80% back to normal."

Jxnray7 (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2016

For Gout, Acute "After 60 days I saw ZERO improvement. My big right toe is as enlarged as ever. I am grateful, from what I read, that I never had any pain. For this price for a generic, no less., I have to seriously consider having my doctor move me on to another treatment."

CHarles 116 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2015

For Gout, Prophylaxis "Used early right after flare up, works pretty quickly"

WJR1989 June 16, 2015

For Gout, Acute "I had a severe gout attack on my left wrist the pain was so bad I thought I was going to pass out. My Dr. prescribed Colcrys 0.6 mg 3 times a day. By the time I took the 2nd pill the swelling started to go down and I had enough mobility to perform my job, operating a train."

mozak (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 25, 2015

For Gout, Acute "I like to say Colcrys 0.6 is THE BEST. I got the prescription barely yesterday and just about 8 hrs later I was without pain on my ankles and my burning disappeared, I was able to sleep. After being unable to sleep for 3 consecutive days. Thanks to this wonderful medication I was able to sleep last night and able to workout. As for side effects only soft stools but nothing extreme. DEFINITELY I RATHER DEAL WITH SOFT STOOL THAN DEALING WITH ALL THAT BURNING AND PAIN ON MY FEET! I truly regret not taking this medicine since 6 yrs ago. I just did not know I sadly have gout. GLADLY NOW I FOUND COLCRYS."

kcjh216 April 17, 2014

For Gout, Acute "This is my second gout attack I have taken Colcrys with. First was my right wrist and second my right toes. I have gotten along well with 0.6mg taken once a day. Only side effect I have noticed was more solid stools. I noticed pain relief within the first day. I did take a pain pill as well with my toe flare up but swelling did start to go down after first day on Colcrys. It works for me."

Mcnewg (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2014

For Gout, Acute "I get about 2-3 flare ups per year, always in the side of my big toe(s). Dr. prescribed Colcrys 0.6 mg - I honestly don't get any relief that I can tell from this medication. I take 1 every hour for a max of 3 pills over 3 hours ... Seems like the ONLY relief I can get is by flushing my body with tons of water - which can take 3-4 days."

Cody21 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 4, 2013

For Gout, Acute "Urgent care Doc gave me Colcrys and Voltaren for a flare up in my kneee. First flare ever in knee, wow, I thought it was bad in the foot, but it's nothing compared to the knee! The doctor gave me a 3 day supply, buy the end of day 1 I was at least 75% better, by the end of day two no pain. This worked wonders for me, good luck to you."

Uncle201 (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2013

For Gout, Acute "Immediate relief. No upset stomach, no numbing of fingers, just sweet relief. I took .06 at onset and .06 eight hours later, pain gone in about 20 hours. "

cheftomass July 7, 2013

For Gout, Acute "Have been on Uloric for 4 months. Getting flare ups in knee (which Doc says will go away in another month or so). Colcrys has terrible side effects but gets the job done on the pain immediately. Is a trade off I have to make for a while."

Freak 68 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2013

For Gout, Acute "after two days of severe pain and visit to doctor, blood work and x-ray came up with problem. never had any type of gout/arthritis related problem before. crystals were found on my wrist. after two days of taking colcrys, Wrist is still stiff and hurting but pain is bearable."

Vampyr May 25, 2013

For Gout, Acute "This medication worked for my first acute gout flare, although I was prescribed a low dose 0.3 twice a day because of it's toxic property. Later I discovered 1.2 for first dose then 0.6 an hour later then prophylactic use until flare up was under control. The side effects where mainly bowl related. It was probably a good idea to start with a low dose, but did not get relief until I had to start the dose over with 1.2 then 0.6."

gyro (taken for less than 1 month) November 1, 2012

For Gout, Acute "My doctor put me on Indomethacin during a Gout attack. She said that taking Colcrys during a flare up can dislodge uric acid crystals from other parts of the body, which can end up in the affected area, making it worse. After 13 days I am on Colcrys. A little bit of upset stomach, but I will trade it for the pain any day. Manufacturer has printable coupons and voucher to help with the cost. Good luck."

rossmurry September 8, 2012

For Familial Mediterranean Fever "Pain and fatigue has been greatly reduced as compared to generic colchicine."

Anonymous March 20, 2012

For Gout, Acute "I have had 2 gout attacks in the last 3 months. For my most recent attack (and the worst I've ever had) I got virtually no relief from using Colcrys. I took the first 2 days of pills, but no improvement. I switched to Indocin, and have had about 50% relief overnight and getting better still. The original colchicine was good and acted quickly, but something is very different about Colcrys. I won't take it again for gout attacks."

Danny, Florida December 21, 2011

For Gout, Acute "Gout is so painful. After first doses of Colcrys had immediate relief. I had fallen on my knee and was being treated for osteoarthritis with no relief. Went to arthritis doctor who told me it was gout in my knee. Went on Colcyrs and I can walk again."

apeach_4u2 November 13, 2011

For Gout, Acute "I get several gout attacks a year. Less side effects but also not as fast acting as Colchicine was. Taking more Colcry over several days to obtain relief then when I was taking Colchicine."

Anonymous October 11, 2011

For Gout, Acute "Colcrys, has helped my Gout, but it has also raised my ALT, AST. Plus, I am experiencing burning, itching, numbness in both of my hands. I see my Rheumatologist tomorrow."

saschbacher July 20, 2011

For Gout, Acute "Reduced initial pain extremely fast. 3 days later had mildly loose stools, slightly crampy stomach."

Anonymous December 25, 2009