User Reviews for Codeine / promethazine

Learn more about Codeine/promethazine.

Codeine/promethazine Rating Summary

8.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 688 medications used in the treatment of Cough.

Reviews for Codeine/promethazine to treat Cough

"Nothing else helps to survive my yearly Bronchitis!"

SusiUT January 14, 2017

"calmed my cough overnight......... but left me quite lethargic..... groggy the next day :-(("

konichiwa50 (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2016

"One Medication that gives true relief, just have to know it will not fix your issue only help with symptom relief, but greatly so!"

McFly22222 November 9, 2016

"I have had a heinous cough for a week now... where i have uncontrollable fits of coughing where I can not stop. My chemist told me that 30mg of codeine usually stops a cough dead in its tracks. This is because it affects the part of the brain that makes you want to cough. It works great to stop coughing so I can rest, but please remember CODEINE DOES NOT TREAT THE CAUSE OF THE COUGH. He thinks I may have a chest infection so I will still need to go to the doctors on Monday and treat the infection as well."

miffyfax (taken for less than 1 month) November 5, 2016

"Great for cough and throat pain. Nothing else would work, I was literally sleeping sitting up before I filled this medication. Promethazine with codeine. I was able to eat and drink, sleep, and go back to work. Helped a lot."

C.D. (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2016

"Don't think it did much for the cough. Made me nauseated. Fell asleep for awhile and was kind of awake and was hearing voices than i had some creepy dreams. Probably the last time I try this..."

Nicole52019 (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2016

"I have use this 4 different times over a period of 7 years when I had such a bad cough that I couldn't sleep for days. As a tip start out slow just enough to get some rest. My prescription says 5 to 10ml I take under 5 ml twice a night once it wears off normally at 1am and it works great. I normally only need to take this two nights in a row and my cough is pretty much gone. So I avoid any dependency issues. I don't advice taking it during the day unless your home all day and you don't need to leave. It'll make you very sleepy."

Jw134223644 October 5, 2016

"Works great for bronchitis"

Anonymous052316 September 14, 2016

"This medicine is a life saver when you have a bad chronic cough, the only medicine that helps me deal with the cough and finally able to sleep and not cough up my lungs all night long"

Iwasborn4God (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2016

"This medicine worked on my cough but gave me such a bad sunburn even with protection on that I will not use it. Be careful and take the warning labels seriously."

msmollygp (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2016

"It's amazing how this drug works on the brain to stop cough. It's the only thing that works for me when I get a chronic cough."

JoeNu August 21, 2016

"Yes it is very effective but has serious side effects like abnormal, fast heart beating and vomiting if its uses against cough regularly or overdose. It must be used very few as possible. It is extremely dangerous to use this with doctor control."

de dre (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 24, 2016

"I swear this is a placebo, did nothing for the pain in my back, chest, and throat, and barely anything for cough. Very disappointing..."

sickandfedup (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2016

"It is ineffectual. My muscles ache from the wretched coughing. It is functionally a placebo."

Mensa174 March 15, 2016

"Dampened my cough as soon as it was consumed and soon after completely got rid of the cough."

Detour180 March 12, 2016

"Couldn't sleep due to horrid cough and respiratory infection. Doctor prescribed Z PAC and this cough syrup. About 1/2 after taking it cough stopped for the first time. It did not put me to sleep. But it did help the cough."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2016

"5 days no sleep due to horrible cough. I was very excited to try this. It seems to have made my cough worse or at least didn't help at all. Got extremely drowsy, so fought a hacking cough while fighting to stay awake. Miserable night!"

Hinst February 17, 2016

"The only thing that diminished an unbearable and painful cough"

Mldf (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2016

"This is the only thing will stop my cough. I have upper respiratory infection and can't stop coughing."

Lee57 October 16, 2015

"Helped a lot with my cough, did make me quite drowsy during daytime hours so beware. After taking for several days as prescribed coming off of it has made me quite dizzy and generally not feeling great, might be a part of the controlled element of it. For me, definitely worth the other stuff, really good for calming my cough."

Anonymous July 27, 2015

"Amazing! I have been miserable for three nights and unable to sleep soundly. After 2 tblspoons of this medicine and a 30 minute wait my cough is next to gone! Miracle working."

Tatortot15 (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2015

"Did nothing for more cough, still can't sleep."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2015

"the only thing that actually works"

tinwi (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2014

"I had upper respiratory infection along with a runny nose and a throat infection. This medicine does its miracles. For 2 nights I wasn't able to sleep and I tried over the counter meds however nothing made it better. After I saw my doctor he prescribed me this syrup along with amoxicilin and wow I must say I slept amazingly great and woke up feeling much better. I only took the syrup at night since its not recommended to drive or to use at work. I don't abuse of it, I only took 1 tsp at night with some Sprite for 3 days and my cough got better day by day. This medicine will put you to sleep and it will stop the urge of coughing. Only use at home before bed."

JND 2014 September 16, 2014

"Have been taking this medication for 2 days for cough associated with upper respiratory infection. It does make me sleepy but does not alleviate my cough. Unfortunately, still up 2-3 times during the night violently coughing."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2014