User Reviews for Cheratussin AC

Cough
5.4

Summary of Cheratussin AC reviews 5.4 31 reviews

Reviews for Cheratussin AC

"I’m pretty sure I have acute bronchitis along with a cold. Low fever, coughing up thick mucus that burns, body aches all over, headache, runny nose, sinus congestion and swelling when I lay my head down. I had some unexpired cheratussin left over from my last bout and took 2 teaspoons today, right before my hubbys hot shower. I breathed in the steam. I have to say that I feel kind of awake, I mean, my eyes were feeling heavy before but they feel oddly lighter and awake. My body also doesn’t seem to ache as much. Keep in mind that I am sitting up in a lay down position, not exerting myself. My legs felt restless before but maybe it’s giving me a relaxed feeling? I don’t mind that it’s 11:52 pm because honestly I would rather feel awake and not have aches, than my throat burning and feeling hurt all over. Mucus is also coming up but not sure if that’s because my steam sessions and large amounts of water. I have been drinking a bottle of water like every hour to 2 hours."

Fdf July 29, 2018

For Cough "Unfortunately, I had the same negative experience with this cough/codeine combination as another reviewer. My doctor said it should help me sleep, and not keep me up coughing all night. ( I was recently diagnosed with Viral Bronchitis) This did just the opposite! I took this at 11:00 p.m. and then laid awake until 3:30a.m! I had to get up and take some Nyquil just to get a few hours sleep, before having to get up for the day. Thought this may be a fluke, so I tried the same thing the next evening....sure enough...I laid awake again into the wee hours! I'll stick to the Over the Counter, Mucinex DM."

Poof/ Female (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2018

For Cough "I’m awake for the 3rd night in a row now. This stuff tastes awful, but I could deal with that if it would work. My doctor used to give me Tussionex, but she has a new NP who seemed to think I needed this instead, even when I told her I’d like to go with what I know has worked in the past. I’d rather be using mussinex or Thera flu. At least with those options I can sleep through the night. This seems to make my cough worse."

Kympossible February 2, 2018

For Cough "This stuff did not work at all!!! :( I needed sleep due to coughing all night and all this did was keep me wide awake."

Coughing all night May 18, 2017

For Cough "I was coughing and vomiting so much, I had to go to urgent care. I'd been vomiting so much, I knew when my Dr also prescribed pepsid and zolfran. I still can't eat, but I've been hydrating with water, broth and Popsicles! This medicine works well, especially in together with those other two, based on my cough with vomiting. I also took some Tylenol to deal with the pain in my neck and shoulders."

Torybird February 26, 2017

For Cough "Cough medicine did not help my cough at all, I was coughing all night long, my chest and stomach hurts from all the coughing I am doing."

bnm4evaneva January 28, 2017

For Cough "I was prescribed Cheratussin AC for a cough due to acute bronchitis. However, it seems to make the cough worse. My body wants to cough up phlegm, and the medicine tries to suppress the coughing reflex. That makes my body try even harder to cough up phlegm, and just ends up giving me a headache and a throat that hurts more."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2016

For Cough "I was prescribed this for pneumonia. I have asthma also, so this didn't do much for my awful cough. And it tastes like rubbish I will be going back to request Tussionex tomorrow"

Firstnow (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2016

For Cough "I feel nervous and can't sleep after taking this"

Kimlee08 March 12, 2016

For Cough "I would have gave this medicine a 10 if it wasn't for the dull headache (may not have been due to the drug I was battling a sinus infection anyway) after I took this medicine. Cough was gone within an hour. Make sure you drink a lot of water. Maybe that's why I got the headache too. Also, I noticed that I was very sensitive after taking this drug. I actually cried a little bit because of the sinus pressure. When usually I just suck it up with pain and never cry. Stopped wheezing. Make sure to take a warm shower too after taking this drug it will also help clear the mucus."

Rose127 (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2015

For Cough "Was prescribed this med for cough and it did absolutely nothing except made my head hurt horribly bad and my throat tickle, which made the cough worse. "

Stillcoughing (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2014

For Cough "Like clockwork my allergy to Mountain Cedar starts around late October. Congestion, cough but no fever. My doctor prescribes Cheratussin syrup and it works great. I also take Mucinex DM with this and it stops the congestion and cough after about an hour. I couldn't make it without this."

John P. November 7, 2014

For Cough "My 8yr old Daughter had pneumonia, diagnosed 6 days ago along with her Z-pack antibiotics. Cheratussin AC, not only quieted her cough when it was hurting, but helped to expel the congestion. No bad side effects, but hated the bitter taste."

Baya (taken for less than 1 month) October 12, 2014

"Went to the ER this morning with pneumonia. Was prescribed Cheratussin. Has helped cough a lot. Relieved some pain in ribs. But it did give me a headache and looks like no sleep."

Anonymous January 6, 2014

For Cough "Been coughing for 3 weeks and this helped a lot. I am taking all sorts of over the counter pills, gels, capsules, hot water, cold water mixes with multiple active ingredients and Cheratussin AC syrup gave me better relief than anything else. I still couldn't sleep through the night and ended up taking middle of the night doses with the other things as it took over 4 weeks to get over my flu. When I was younger I got a codeine cough syrup and it didn't help but this time this did."

Anonymous November 23, 2012

For Cough "I had a cold and bad cough for two weeks before I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with bronchitis. This has been amazing! It's bringing up the mucus that the OTC medicines wasn't and the cough is very minimal now. I take the dose on the lower end of the range prescribed and it's doing the job. So glad I finally caved and went to the doctor."

Feeling Great Now (taken for less than 1 month) November 23, 2012

For Cough "Taking the liquid form Cherritussin helped my cough very much. It was a great sleep aid when sick, but should not be over used. Also I would add DO NOT TAKE THIS AND THEN DRINK COFFEE! I didn't realize that the stimulant of caffeine mixed with it would bother me. Also check to see if pseudoephedrine is mixed in any way with your codeine as this is also a stimulant and worsens the situation."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 22, 2012

For Cough "I had a bad cold a year or so ago, and my throat was killing me from coughing. My doctor prescribed this stuff and it made everything manageable. I was still sick, don't get me wrong, but I didn't really feel sick. At first I was worried because it made me feel different and weird, but I realized that it was just relaxing me so I could get some rest. It worked great."

Bobblehead Fred April 11, 2012

For Cough "Cough kept getting worse at night so doctor had me start this medicine and I stopped the Tylenol cough and cold. First night I was up at 4 am with dry throat, dry eyes and a bloody nose. Took another dose with water and it took almost an hour to kick in. Second night I didn't seem to help at all, kept coughing and was probably worst night of all. Waited for dose to wear off then went back to Tylenol for a good night sleep."

Anonymous January 28, 2012

For Cough "Had a cough for close to a year. I thought it was from congestive heart failure. Had been using Mucenix DM for the thick phlegm. It helped some but not enough. Then I got a cold and my cough and phlegm got much worse. My family insisted I see a doctor. The doctor prescribed this, what a relief it has been. Getting much phelgm out and cough is almost gone after 4 days on the syrup! Has been an answer to prayer so far! I had been battling this cough for a year and it took so much out of me. Amazing to have it helped so much!"

biore January 14, 2012

For Cough "I have been taking this medicine for a week and I am still coughing. I am finally getting some sleep but is still waking up with coughing fits. I have not had any side effects but I can't say this medicine works."

ctrapane January 7, 2012

For Cough "I took this medicine for coughing at night and had a very negative reaction to it. I seemed to have all of the classic signs of a heart attack - pain in the chest and back - it felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest. Heart rate went down very low and blood pressure was low and then high. "

Anonymous November 19, 2011

For Cough "I have bronchitis and was prescribed Cheratussin AC for chest congestion and cough. It might be helping a little with the cough, but it is not bringing up the phlegm. "

Anonymous June 21, 2011

For Cough "Helped a lot. My cough was horrible and this helped me through the nights. I would recommend this."

Anonymous June 9, 2011

For Cough "I took this for a cough I was having in conjunction with a sore throat. Every time I coughed it just made my throat feel terrible. It did nothing for my cough at all, and it kept me up all night. The medicine and the cough, combined, made me lay awake. The codeine just didn't seem to knock me out. I had better luck with Theraflu Warming."

brittysaywhat January 3, 2011