User Reviews for Clotrimazole topical to treat Vaginal Yeast Infection

Also known as: Lotrimin AF Athlete's Foot Cream, Canesten, Gyne-Lotrimin, Desenex Antifungal Cream, Clotrimazole-3, FungiCURE Pump Spray, Clotrimazole-7, Gyne-Lotrimin 3 Day, Lotrimin AF Ringworm Cream, Lotrimin AF Jock Itch Cream Trivagizole 3 Femcare Canesten 1 Canesten 3 Canesten 6 Day Pessary

Clotrimazole topical has an average rating of 8.8 out of 10 from a total of 13 ratings for the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection. 85% of those users who reviewed Clotrimazole topical reported a positive effect, while 8% reported a negative effect.

Clotrimazole topical Rating Summary

8.8/10 average rating

Compare all 32 medications used in the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection.

Reviews for Clotrimazole topical

MissMultiverse · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 18, 2021

“It's a very strange medication. Sometimes it's very effective, sometimes the side effects make it feel worse, and sometimes you can't even tell if it's working. It only "cures" what's being caused by a more complex imbalance from antibiotic use. It also depends on how your body works and reacts to different things. I prefer it over that dreadful Monistat because it doesn't burn as much... My best advice to any lady is listen to your body first. This is still a Drug. If you have frequent infections there it could be telling you something you might not understand yet.”

Burnbaby May 16, 2020

“I'm very sensitive, so my dr prescribed compounded clotrimazole: clotrimazole in petrolatum; no other ingredients. 5-alarm vaginal fire! My labia are swollen and purple. In so much pain, I'm having trouble sleeping. So disappointed.”

Nandy April 3, 2020

“Best vaginal yeast cream. Very soothing. It really works for me.”

Cbear · Taken for less than 1 month December 5, 2019

“I’ve been having yeast infections ever since high school & ever since I got pregnant it’s gotten worse, off and on. It’s super frustrating!!! And not to mention my husband hates it LOL Ive tried Monistat and never went away. This Clotrimazole cream definitely works. I recommend it to EVERYONE. After the first night I had relief and all my gross discharge came out all in one. And I don’t have to wear a pad throughout the day anymore. My life has changed forever! Super good 10/10 recommend.”

Jen February 25, 2020

Gyne-Lotrimin (clotrimazole): “I also preferred gyne-lotrimin when treating a yeast infection. It provides relief without the awful burn of Monistat cream. I asked my gynecologist why when I tried the one day treatment I felt like it was burning me. She told me it is because if you use the 1 day cream versus the 3 or 7 day treatment cream, it kills off the yeast faster and when the yeast is killed it releases a toxin that burns like that. So that’s why the shorter the treatment the more you can expect to get that awful burning sensation. Sadly, for some reason, GyneLotrimin and it’s generic seems to have disappeared from stores where I live. Once in the past the pharmacist ordered it for me, or I found you can buy the generic version of it on Amazon.”

Jb · Taken for less than 1 month June 24, 2019

“I had reoccurring yeast infections due to pregnancy. I tried Monistat and it burned me so bad, went to the dr and they prescribed me terconazole twice which didn’t help either. So finally I bought this and my symptoms were relieved in one night. I couldn’t be happier!”

Girllll · Taken for less than 1 month July 18, 2019

“the clotrimazole vaginal has been my holy grail for yeast infections! Currently pregnant so I couldn’t take the usual diflucan pill. Tried Monistat 7 with horrible itchy and burning. Tried Walgreens clotrimazole 7 and felt relief in the first day! Definitely recommend!”

C · Taken for less than 1 month August 29, 2019

“Please use the clotrimazole instead of monistat! Save yourself the money, pain and time! found it at Walgreens and it started working immediately! Love it already! will continue to use this product for my yeast infections!”

Anonymous April 26, 2019

Gyne-Lotrimin (clotrimazole): “I always preferred to use this Gyne-Lotrimin instead of monistat 7. Monistat 7 causes horrible itching but I never got the same those problems from Gyne Lotrimin. It's unfortunate that it's seems harder to find where I live.”

Momsof2019 · Taken for less than 1 month April 6, 2019

“I have been dealing with severe yeast infections for months, on and off. I never wanted to use another cream after having a terrible reaction to monistat that burned like crazy. However, I went to Walgreens and bought a 7 day trial of clotrimazole and after ONE use I feel amazing! Clotrimazole is the answer to my yeast infections. I will never buy another product. I was so skeptical to ever insert another cream onto me but this worked instantly.”

Emetophobe_Liz February 19, 2018

Clotrimazole-3 (clotrimazole): “I have Emetophobia (fear of vomiting) so I was too afraid to take the Fluconazole my GP prescribed me.. after trying all sorts of stuff, including the misery that is Miconazole, this finally cleared it up, overnight! However, I did have horrible Diarrhea the next morning AND cramps/flank pain... definitely worth it, though.”

TTAMSF December 24, 2017

“For 20 years I kept getting yeast infections, got miconazole, lived thru 7 nights of hell since the miconazole movement in the vagina woke me up constantly, wait a month, and repeat. The miconazole would clump up during the night and drop in a lump In the morning. I got clotrimazole by mistake in a small pharmacy. I was pretty pissed that it cost me twice the miconazole and had only 1 applicator for the 7 nights. After 1st use I noticed my sleep wasn’t effected and no clumping whatsoever AND the itching was gone with 1 use!! By the 3rd night the infection was totally gone. Cltrimazole stays put and creamy and works 24/7. It is the best cream ever. I am never going back and I google every medication now!”

Anonymous March 15, 2011

“I have not had anything better for a yeast infection outside the vagina. Clotrimazole is the best cream ever. The infection was gone by the 2nd day.”

abbyblackpuzsy · Taken for less than 1 month January 18, 2015

Clotrimazole-7 (clotrimazole): “Awesome, three day step and start helping as soon as you start using the medicine”

Preen January 7, 2017

“This is the only product that ever worked effectively for me. Very, fast acting, over the counter product.”

Learn more about Vaginal Yeast Infection