User Reviews for Ketoconazole topical

Also known as: Nizoral Shampoo, Ketodan, Xolegel, Kuric, Nizoral Topical, Nizoral A-D, Extina

Cutaneous Candidiasis 10.0
Tinea Cruris 2.0
Summary of Ketoconazole topical reviews 7.2 34 reviews

Reviews for Ketoconazole topical

Anony · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 1, 2020

For Seborrheic Dermatitis: “I've had Seborrheic Dermatitis for several years; it would come and go intermittently, sometimes mild, sometimes severe. A combination of ketoconazole 2% (Nizoral) and OTC hydrocortisone cream 1% would usually keep it at bay. This most recent outbreak was the worst of all. I let it go too long before resuming use of the two creams. The condition flared up strongly in both ears and one eyebrow. It was so bad, the creams didn't seem to have much success. After a bit of reading online, I decided to swab vinegar on the affected areas twice daily, thinking the acetic acid would kill any fungal cells on or near the skin surface. Mildly painful (briefly) on cracked or inflamed skin, but holy cow--what a change! After about a week, all three outbreaks had significantly subsided. This gave the creams a chance to get to work and succeed. The last outbreak is almost gone, 6 months later.”

Hairyman · Taken for less than 1 month May 20, 2020

For Seborrheic Dermatitis: “Amazing medicine. Got the 2% ketoconazole cream which cleared severe seborrheic dermatitis on my eyebrows and nose, which was bothering me for many months, within a few days. Used low potency corticosteroid as well. Also got the 2% keto shampoo which took around 2 days to clear my chronic dandruff. No side effects. Head and Shoulders and Selsun Blue did nothing for me compared to this shampoo. Now using every other day for the hair growth properties and to prevent infection from coming back.”

Nick · Taken for less than 1 month March 25, 2020

For Dandruff: “I absolutely recommend this ketoconazole shampoo for anybody struggling with dandruff. Honestly I was struggling getting out of the house I didn't wanna go out cause my dandruff got to be so bad. And I already struggle with bad anxiety. I do not like being out in public. So I got sick of my itchy scalp and dandruff and finally looked up a good dermatologist around my area. So I was asking my doctor for a referral and she actually recommended this shampoo to me. She told me how good it is. And so I gave it a try and already second day of using this I can see a huge improvement of my hair. No more dandruff or itchy scalp!! I am so shocked by this. I have tried so many dandruff shampoos and none of them ever worked for me. But this right here is a miracle!! I just recommend using a good moisturizing conditioner with it as it was a little drying to me. But other than that I Highly recommend this!:)”

Jab · Taken for less than 1 month November 19, 2019

Nizoral Topical (ketoconazole) for Tinea Corporis: “A battle with ringworm for almost a year tused Canesten, Sulfur, Zinc etc. Just last month a pharmacist suggested Nizoral cream. In 2 weeks ringworm is gone. I hope it never comes back again..”

Jinx · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 17, 2019

For Tinea Corporis: “So I'm using Ketoconazole cream for my ringworm rash on my foot and ankle, the first day was great, the second not so much. My foot has gotten better but I'm very sick, I have had fevers, headaches, and severe hives all over my entire body... I'm glad it's working well, but the side effects are a pain.. Literally.”

Bob · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 1, 2019

Nizoral Topical (ketoconazole) for Dandruff: “Great”

AndrewD · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 15, 2019

For Tinea Corporis: “Been thru 3 tubes and been on a 14 day course of Terbinafine.”

Celeste · Taken for less than 1 month October 23, 2018

For Seborrheic Dermatitis: “Ketoconazol has drastically helped my seborrheic dermatitis, even after just the first use. I have the shampoo for my scalp and cream for my face, and I’m sure with continued use my flakes & redness will completely gone soon. The shampoo was 8$ and cream was 15$ (generic) but after my insurance it was more like 4$ and 2$. I would definitely recommend giving it a try, it comes in many different forms as well.”

A.Nikhil · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 21, 2018

For Tinea Cruris: “I've used this for 2 months. It hasn't controlled the ringworm. My doctor has advised me to use another combination of creams.”

Lilly Hill March 11, 2018

Nizoral Shampoo (ketoconazole) for Dandruff: “I'm from UK. I suffer with dandruff every time I'm going through a stressful time. I tried many products and shampoos with little success. FinaIly I tried Nizoral shampoo which is an anti fungal preparation for dandruff. It worked brilliantly. That's when I realised my stress- induced dandruff flare- ups were caused by a fungus. Presumably, the stress was affecting my immune system and therefore I was getting an over- growth of the fungus on my scalp, every time I was going through a stressful period. The nizoral kills the fungus and the dandruff goes away until I go through a period of stress again when the dandruff comes back. But I use Nizoral again and away the dandruff goes again. Of course, the nizoral deals with the symptoms (i.e. dandruff) and not the cause (i.e. stress) but hey, it works on the dandruff so it does the job it's meant to do. The only down side, I find it a bit expensive for such a tiny bottle of shampoo.”

luckyladysmom · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 14, 2017

Nizoral Shampoo (ketoconazole) for Dandruff: “I used Nizoral for about 8 years. It was excellent for eliminating dandruff which was a bad problem. But about one year ago I started having severe itching on my upper back and upper front (chest) area. It was complete itching so severe that benadryl ointment (over the counter) for poison ivy relief and similar products were needed to calm the itchiness. Crazy itchiness! My dermatologist gave me steroid creams for the itching and I requested a biopsy to find out more. Inflammation showed. I decided to quit using Nizoral and finally the itching went away mostly. I use baby shampoo now followed by Head and Shoulders shampoo. So far so good. Be warned that you might develop an allergy to Nizoral or the generic years later.”

Anonymous November 13, 2017

Xolegel (ketoconazole) for Tinea Corporis: “Rash under my fat roll on stomach, yep you heard me correctly, That large inner tube that flops over. This is great medication however It burns sooo bad I thought I would SCREAM. I may have, it is a blinding pain. I had to google it to see if others felt the same way. Your skin numbs and you do feel better. It takes the rash away every time I use it. So get it, use it and watch the rash disappear”

amyzee · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 16, 2017

For Seborrheic Dermatitis: “I had a very oily Itchy scalp that was covered in yellow gunk that Shampoo would not remove. I tried nizoral which was fantastic at shifting the gunk and oil but four months later has done nothing for the itching. So I don't really know if it's seborrheic dermatitis anymore....!! It's slowly losing its effectiveness as times gone on. I don't think that Shampoo alone will fix any scalp condition, it's a holistic whole body approach that's needed.”

lisahutch57 · Taken for less than 1 month March 16, 2017

Xolegel (ketoconazole) for Seborrheic Dermatitis: “This is a wonderful medicine. It worked really well on the most stubborn fungal infection I've ever had. I had tried everything on the market and nothing would work until this. I'm not going to lie, this stuff burns like crazy. You will scream and cry because it burns that bad for about 10 minutes. Stick with it and you will get rid of the infection. After about the 4th day it quit burning when I used it - and finally, I got rid of the infection. It's expensive even with insurance but well worth the cost. They gave me a coupon to use and it brought the cost down to about $35.”

Ricki lynn · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 14, 2017

For Dandruff: “I used this shampoo and cream for 2 years now , what a great job it does for my face and my scalp ! My only problem is I have very long hair so they need to make bigger bottles because it takes a little more to get to my scalp ! As for the cream on my face it worked great at first but now I can tell it's not working as good but it still helps.Great product !”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month March 14, 2017

Xolegel (ketoconazole) for Seborrheic Dermatitis: “After four months of thinking I had chronic dry skin on my face, I saw a dermatologist who diagnosed me with seborrheic dermatitis. He gave me a prescription for Xolegel. It is VERY expensive at over $800/tube, but my insurance brought it down to $100 and then a discount card from the manufacturer brought it down to only $10. In three days, the redness and scaling on my face were gone. I can't imagine not having this medication.”

Tellita February 28, 2016

For Seborrheic Dermatitis: “Ketaconazole cream helped a lot for several years. Now I guess I've gotten immune to it. Is there anything else I could use?”

Anonymous February 3, 2016

Xolegel (ketoconazole) for Seborrheic Dermatitis: “I received a Xologel perscription instead of my usual ketaconazole cream. I went to the local pharmacy and was shown a bill of $595. I laughed at the poor cashier, and said "no thanks". Called my dermatologist back and got a cream for $30. There is a program on their website where people can get the drug for only $10 on top of their co-pay if their insurance doesn't cover the drug. What this seems to imply, is that if your insurance won't pay, they will give it to you for what it is actually worth. A perfect example of the broken medical system and greed. The price of this drug has gone up over 400% in the last few years. Next time I see an Aqua box at my pharmacy it will be refused.”

itchysouseteatreeoil December 30, 2015

For Seborrheic Dermatitis: “Nizoral was the best shampoo on the market in relieving all the symptoms of seborrheic dermatitis on the market. It was not cheap but relieved the itching, burning, pain, flaking and the smell associated with this scalp, ear and face skin condition. I am sure it is even more expensive with a prescription now. I had no side effects and used it for many years. Seborrheic dermatitis is not contagious but is passed down in the genes. My son is wondering why it was removed from the market also as he never had side effects after using it for years stating this was the best shampoo on the market very dissatisfied. I believe this is just another money thing in the USA.”

coloresue November 8, 2015

Xolegel (ketoconazole) for Cutaneous Candidiasis: “The 1st application of Xelogel burned so badly I couldn't help making pain-filled noises. What I really wanted to do was scream. I wish my Dr. had warned me. But my rash improved and each day it hurt less to apply the gel. It was amazing to see how quickly the rash disappeared.”

Katyann September 26, 2015

For Seborrheic Dermatitis: “I was told had severe seborreic dermatitis. Was told to use it for two months with another cream. Used it 3 days no difference. Dermitis is diaper rash. So I am trying a diaper rash treatment from a drug store. Only used 1 day and it's 45% better. Going to give it a try. Will report back later.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 13, 2015

For Dandruff: “I am using the ketaconazole 2% shampoo, my doctor prescribed it for my hair loss and dandruff so far my hair loss has increased, and the dandruff is gone. Now I'm worried about losing all of my hair.”

Anonymous April 25, 2015

Nizoral A-D (ketoconazole) for Dandruff: “I have been struggling with severe dandruff for a little over 2 years and I have tried everything. From head and shoulders to selsun blue to even going to the dermatologist for a long time. Nothing worked. I finally stopped going to the dermatologist because they didn't help me. I found reviews on nizoral and decided to try it. I've only used it twice now and it's already pretty much gone. Flaking is gone, itching is gone and I love it. I highly recommend it to anyone out there who is struggling with dandruff/scalp problems! It works miracles!”

Anthony417 June 25, 2013

For Dandruff: “I used Ketoconazole over the counter strength. The irritation subsided after a few applications and after a few months, my dandruff was gone.”

Anonymous March 16, 2012

For Seborrheic Dermatitis: “Doctors have been prescibing different creams for the better part of 20 years ,My first and new V.A. doctor prescribed Ketoconazole 2% cream and my skin rash went away.”