User Reviews for Ketoconazole

Also known as: Extina, Ketodan, Kuric, Nizoral A-D, Nizoral Shampoo, Nizoral Topical, Xolegel

Learn more about Ketoconazole.

Cutaneous Candidiasis 1 reviews 67 medications

5.5
Other 1 reviews

Summary of Ketoconazole reviews 23 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Ketoconazole

For Seborrheic Dermatitis: "I had a very oily Itchy scalp that was covered in yellow gunk that Shampoo would not remove. I tried nizoral which was fantastic at shifting the gunk and oil but four months later has done nothing for the itching. So I don't really know if it's seborrheic dermatitis anymore....!! It's slowly losing its effectiveness as times gone on. I don't think that Shampoo alone will fix any scalp condition, it's a holistic whole body approach that's needed."

amyzee (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xolegel (ketoconazole) for Seborrheic Dermatitis: "This is a wonderful medicine. It worked really well on the most stubborn fungal infection I've ever had. I had tried everything on the market and nothing would work until this. I'm not going to lie, this stuff burns like crazy. You will scream and cry because it burns that bad for about 10 minutes. Stick with it and you will get rid of the infection. After about the 4th day it quit burning when I used it - and finally, I got rid of the infection. It's expensive even with insurance but well worth the cost. They gave me a coupon to use and it brought the cost down to about $35."

lisahutch57 (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Dandruff: "I used this shampoo and cream for 2 years now , what a great job it does for my face and my scalp ! My only problem is I have very long hair so they need to make bigger bottles because it takes a little more to get to my scalp ! As for the cream on my face it worked great at first but now I can tell it's not working as good but it still helps.Great product !"

Ricki lynn (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xolegel (ketoconazole) for Seborrheic Dermatitis: "After four months of thinking I had chronic dry skin on my face, I saw a dermatologist who diagnosed me with seborrheic dermatitis. He gave me a prescription for Xolegel. It is VERY expensive at over $800/tube, but my insurance brought it down to $100 and then a discount card from the manufacturer brought it down to only $10. In three days, the redness and scaling on my face were gone. I can't imagine not having this medication."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Seborrheic Dermatitis: "Ketaconazole cream helped a lot for several years. Now I guess I've gotten immune to it. Is there anything else I could use?"

Tellita February 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xolegel (ketoconazole) for Seborrheic Dermatitis: "I received a Xologel perscription instead of my usual ketaconazole cream. I went to the local pharmacy and was shown a bill of $595. I laughed at the poor cashier, and said "no thanks". Called my dermatologist back and got a cream for $30. There is a program on their website where people can get the drug for only $10 on top of their co-pay if their insurance doesn't cover the drug. What this seems to imply, is that if your insurance won't pay, they will give it to you for what it is actually worth. A perfect example of the broken medical system and greed. The price of this drug has gone up over 400% in the last few years. Next time I see an Aqua box at my pharmacy it will be refused."

Anonymous February 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Seborrheic Dermatitis: "Nizoral was the best shampoo on the market in relieving all the symptoms of seborrheic dermatitis on the market. It was not cheap but relieved the itching, burning, pain, flaking and the smell associated with this scalp, ear and face skin condition. I am sure it is even more expensive with a prescription now. I had no side effects and used it for many years. Seborrheic dermatitis is not contagious but is passed down in the genes. My son is wondering why it was removed from the market also as he never had side effects after using it for years stating this was the best shampoo on the market very dissatisfied. I believe this is just another money thing in the USA."

itchysouseteatreeoil December 30, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xolegel (ketoconazole) for Cutaneous Candidiasis: "The 1st application of Xelogel burned so badly I couldn't help making pain-filled noises. What I really wanted to do was scream. I wish my Dr. had warned me. But my rash improved and each day it hurt less to apply the gel. It was amazing to see how quickly the rash disappeared."

coloresue November 8, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Seborrheic Dermatitis: "I was told had severe seborreic dermatitis. Was told to use it for two months with another cream. Used it 3 days no difference. Dermitis is diaper rash. So I am trying a diaper rash treatment from a drug store. Only used 1 day and it's 45% better. Going to give it a try. Will report back later."

Katyann September 26, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Dandruff: "I am using the ketaconazole 2% shampoo, my doctor prescribed it for my hair loss and dandruff so far my hair loss has increased, and the dandruff is gone. Now I'm worried about losing all of my hair."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nizoral A-D (ketoconazole) for Dandruff: "I have been struggling with severe dandruff for a little over 2 years and I have tried everything. From head and shoulders to selsun blue to even going to the dermatologist for a long time. Nothing worked. I finally stopped going to the dermatologist because they didn't help me. I found reviews on nizoral and decided to try it. I've only used it twice now and it's already pretty much gone. Flaking is gone, itching is gone and I love it. I highly recommend it to anyone out there who is struggling with dandruff/scalp problems! It works miracles!"

Anonymous April 25, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Dandruff: "I used Ketoconazole over the counter strength. The irritation subsided after a few applications and after a few months, my dandruff was gone."

Anthony417 June 25, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Seborrheic Dermatitis: "Doctors have been prescibing different creams for the better part of 20 years ,My first and new V.A. doctor prescribed Ketoconazole 2% cream and my skin rash went away."

Anonymous March 16, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Tinea Versicolor: "Only thing that works. Getting hard to find in stores."

Anonymous November 19, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nizoral Topical (ketoconazole) for Seborrheic Dermatitis: "Nizoral is purchased over the counter and is much cheaper than Cloborex. Most importantly, it works best for me as a shampoo. Cloborex, T-Gel, and Nizoral were all suggested by my dermatologist as options. I tried each for a month and went back to Nizoral. It's reliable and affordable. "

nikatnite May 12, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xolegel (ketoconazole) for Seborrheic Dermatitis: "The symptoms were improved, but not to the extent mentioned by other reviewers of this product. The gel was prescribed for use twice a day but at the end of each day had redness, itching, and scaling again."

Anonymous April 5, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Tinea Corporis: "Significant adverse drug reaction from use of Ketoconazole Cream 2 %. Package insert did not seem to suggest or identify other oral medications with which this drug might have a negative interaction."

Pop Pop March 16, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nizoral A-D (ketoconazole) for Seborrheic Dermatitis: "Did not work at all. "

Anonymous December 2, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For : "Ingested internally small amount of ketoconazole cream on gums from lips application for herpes sore at the corner of mouth. Severe facial edema, itching, redness, descript of hives resulted. I administered epipen injection which relieved the reaction for 2-hours, but then symptoms returned requiring a course of prednisone to resolve. DO NOT ingest ketoconazole internally as this may result in an anaphylaxis event for predisposed individuals. EXTERNAL USE ONLY."

Dr Bill Misner PhD November 19, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nizoral Topical (ketoconazole) for Tinea Corporis: "I've tried everything for my skin condition. My sister gave me a bottle of Nizoral. All it took is one application and my skin is cleared up."

heidirod October 20, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Extina (ketoconazole) for Seborrheic Dermatitis: "Best product I have used. Easy to use and my seborrheic dermatitis has totally cleared up. Doesn't leave the skin greasy or oily."

Anonymous July 20, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xolegel (ketoconazole) for Seborrheic Dermatitis: "The itching and scaling went away after one day of using this treatment. I am very pleased with this drug. I just hope that my condition doesn't become immune to it as it did with all the other OTC treatments I've used."

Anonymous June 11, 2008

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Xolegel (ketoconazole) for Seborrheic Dermatitis: "Worked right away - overnight took away all redness and stopped ALL the itching... what a huge relief.... GREAT PRODUCT"

Anonymous April 9, 2008