Generic Name: Ketoconazole Foam and Cleanser Kit (kee toe KOE na zole)
Brand Name: Ketodan Kit
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jun 16, 2019.
Uses of Ketoconazole Foam and Cleanser Kit:
- It is used to control seborrheic dermatitis.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Ketoconazole Foam and Cleanser Kit?
- If you have an allergy to ketoconazole or any other part of ketoconazole foam and cleanser kit.
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take ketoconazole foam and cleanser kit with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Ketoconazole Foam and Cleanser Kit?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take ketoconazole foam and cleanser kit. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Talk with your doctor before you use other drugs or products on your skin.
- This medicine may cause harm if swallowed. If ketoconazole foam and cleanser kit is swallowed, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
- This medicine may catch on fire. Do not use near an open flame or while smoking.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan on getting pregnant, or are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks to you and the baby.
How is this medicine (Ketoconazole Foam and Cleanser Kit) best taken?
Use ketoconazole foam and cleanser kit as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Do not take ketoconazole foam and cleanser kit by mouth. Use on your skin only. Keep out of your mouth, nose, and eyes (may burn).
- Use as you have been told, even if your signs get better.
- Wash your hands before and after use. Do not wash your hands after use if putting this on your hand.
- Clean affected part before use. Make sure to dry well.
- Put a thin layer on the affected part and rub in gently.
- Do not use coverings (bandages, dressings) unless told to do so by the doctor.
- If your skin is broken or swollen, talk with your doctor before using ketoconazole foam and cleanser kit. Some drugs are not for use on broken or swollen skin.
- Put foam onto a cool surface or into a cap. Do not place foam in your hands.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Use a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not use 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
What are some other side effects of Ketoconazole Foam and Cleanser Kit?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Irritation where ketoconazole foam and cleanser kit is used.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Ketoconazole Foam and Cleanser Kit?
- Store at room temperature. Do not refrigerate or freeze.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Protect from heat or open flame.
- Protect from heat and sunlight. Do not puncture or burn even if it seems empty.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Keep a list of all your drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your doctor.
- Talk with the doctor before starting any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about ketoconazole foam and cleanser kit, please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about ketoconazole topical
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Compare Alternatives
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 30 Reviews
- Drug class: topical antifungals
- Ketoconazole topical
- Ketoconazole Cream
- Ketoconazole Foam
- Ketoconazole Gel
- Ketoconazole Shampoo 1%
- ... +2 more