User Reviews for Biaxin XL

The following information is NOT intended to endorse any particular medication. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners.

Skin and Structure Infection

1 review 75 medications
Pneumonia
9.8

Bronchitis

Summary of Biaxin XL reviews 8.6 9 reviews

Reviews for Biaxin XL

Mac September 20, 2018

For Skin and Structure Infection "I was on this antibiotic for 7 days. It started clearing up the infection right away, 2 very red and swollen lymph nodes on the right lower armpit. I have never had infection in my lymph nodes, but it was around my bra line, and my immune system is currently weak. I had mild stomach pain the first day but was told to take it with food, I can't take Sulfa drugs because of severe stomach pain they cause. I had terrible malaise and have more energy now. The infection is cleared up, I took the last dose yesterday. This drug leaves a horrible bitter taste, glue like feeling in the mouth, because I took it before bedtime, 2 tabs at once, I had to gargle right away in a.m. with mouth wash. I'm on heart medication and was not told it can contraindicate, that it can discolor teeth, both are very important to know and I was not informed of this. This drug can be used to treat TB so it is strong, but clearly effective."

Sjay666 April 20, 2017

For Pneumonia "Was first prescribed this on my discharge from the hospital with pneumonia. Had me feeling great within a few days. Just had it prescribed again to clear up an ear infection and a little bit of a chest infection starting. Same thing, cleared up in days. Only down side is the metallic taste in the mouth. Some people suggest taking it at night to avoid that but sometimes I will wake up because of how awful it is. I also always make sure to take with yogurt to help ease my stomach."

Jan Steven · Taken for less than 1 month November 10, 2016

For Pneumonia "I have COPD and experience many lung infections. Also allergic to penicillin. I have used many different antibiotics and find best results with Biaxin XL 1000mg once daily. it does not bother my stomach at all. I usually experience relief within 2-3 days Doctor gives me 10 day run of it... I sometimes take prednisone along with it on a 5 day blast 30mg a day... prednisone is very good for lessening inflammation in the airways.. leaves you sleepless, a little agitated but works."

i have gotten bronchitis a few April 19, 2016

For Bronchitis "I have gotten bronchitis a few times. I have tried many other antibiotics, and none worked, biaxin is the only antibiotic I can take that actually works, personally the only side effects I ever experienced is a mild metallic taste in mouth, but it is not much of a big deal"

?...?...?...? April 14, 2013

For Bronchitis "Took it as soon as I got home from the doctor, 2 pills a day for 10 days but missed 2 doses when I thought I was better. A couple of days later I was sneezing like crazy and had a bad cough. Don't miss doses! Even when you think you're cured."

Anonymous December 2, 2009

For Pneumonia "I have taken this medication many times before. I have asthma so I am prone to infections in my lungs. I get prescribed this medication often and it clears it up in the 7 days. The only side effects I get is the metallic taste, I just take it a night to avoid it."

dsinca June 10, 2009

For Pneumonia "Being asthmatic, I often suffer bronchial infections. I had borderline pneumonia a few months ago - a one week course of Biaxin XL cleared it up. I am now taking Biaxin XL again because I have bronchitis and after two days am breathing much better - it is also clearing up my ear infection. Only downside to this medication is the metallic taste in the mouth and some wild dreams. I recommend drinking plenty of water to keep you hydrated while on Biaxin XL."

Anonymous June 3, 2009

For Bronchitis "Had extreme allergic reaction. Told these reactions not uncommon. Take Care."

Anonymous April 16, 2009

For Bronchitis "I took Biaxin as soon as I got home from the Doctor. I woke up the next morning feeling amazing, not totally cured but a great start after one day!"