User Reviews for Biaxin XL

Learn more about Biaxin XL.

Pneumonia 3 reviews 182 medications

9.7
Bronchitis 4 reviews 286 medications

Summary of Biaxin XL reviews 7 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Biaxin XL

For Pneumonia "I have COPD and experience many lung infections. Also allergic to penicillin. I have used many different antibiotics and find best results with Biaxin XL 1000mg once daily. it does not bother my stomach at all. I usually experience relief within 2-3 days Doctor gives me 10 day run of it... I sometimes take prednisone along with it on a 5 day blast 30mg a day... prednisone is very good for lessening inflammation in the airways.. leaves you sleepless, a little agitated but works."

Jan Steven (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2016

For Bronchitis "I have gotten bronchitis a few times. I have tried many other antibiotics, and none worked, biaxin is the only antibiotic I can take that actually works, personally the only side effects I ever experienced is a mild metallic taste in mouth, but it is not much of a big deal"

i have gotten bronchitis a few April 19, 2016

For Bronchitis "Took it as soon as I got home from the doctor, 2 pills a day for 10 days but missed 2 doses when I thought I was better. A couple of days later I was sneezing like crazy and had a bad cough. Don't miss doses! Even when you think you're cured."

?...?...?...? April 14, 2013

For Pneumonia "I have taken this medication many times before. I have asthma so I am prone to infections in my lungs. I get prescribed this medication often and it clears it up in the 7 days. The only side effects I get is the metallic taste, I just take it a night to avoid it."

Anonymous December 2, 2009

For Pneumonia "Being asthmatic, I often suffer bronchial infections. I had borderline pneumonia a few months ago - a one week course of Biaxin XL cleared it up. I am now taking Biaxin XL again because I have bronchitis and after two days am breathing much better - it is also clearing up my ear infection. Only downside to this medication is the metallic taste in the mouth and some wild dreams. I recommend drinking plenty of water to keep you hydrated while on Biaxin XL."

dsinca June 10, 2009

For Bronchitis "Had extreme allergic reaction. Told these reactions not uncommon. Take Care."

Anonymous June 3, 2009

For Bronchitis "I took Biaxin as soon as I got home from the Doctor. I woke up the next morning feeling amazing, not totally cured but a great start after one day!"

Anonymous April 16, 2009