User Reviews for Tussionex Pennkinetic (Page 3)

Learn more about Tussionex Pennkinetic.

Cough 72 reviews 786 medications

9.4
Cold Symptoms 12 reviews 1053 medications

8.4
Summary of Tussionex Pennkinetic reviews 84 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Tussionex Pennkinetic

For Cough "This is the best cough medicine out there. Whenever I get chest colds that keep me up at night coughing, I request this. I have been doing this for 10 yrs. Seriously if you want to stop your cough - request this one. nothing works like this one. The side effects do not out weigh the results!"

schoog November 11, 2009

For Cough "I have been to several internists, three pulmonary docs and still have a chronic cough. Other than perhaps an asthmatic condition so far no specific diagnosis. Nobody could stop the cough. I tried virtually everything until I came to my latest internist who said he could stop the cough and he did. He prescribed Tussionex Pennkinetic. Unlike most of the other comments I don't feel loopy, I feel normal as can be except I can't sleep. So with a bit of an Ambian I sleep, I don't cough much any more and feel great. I take two teaspoons daily each and every day or I am in trouble. I have done this now for about three years and the end results have kept me off Prednisone and able to live a normal healthy active life. Hurray for this medicine!"

barbbence November 2, 2009

For Cold Symptoms "I was prescribed this medicine after going to urgent care for what I thought was a basic head cold. I was told I had the flu. I did not think my symptoms were consistent with what I considered the flu, but I had not been sick in a long time and cannot remember when I last had the flu. The medicine definitely dried me up per se, but I started getting real jittery and anxious, and when trying to go to sleep could not due to the itching. I know I am sensitive to medications and have never had this medicine before. If you are like me and sensitive to medicines, be prepared for side effects."

yuma, az October 29, 2009

For Cough "I went to the doctor a week ago and I was told that I had upper respiratory infection (3rd one this year) so she gave me the usual antibiotic, phenergan with codeine cough medicine, and a antihistamine/decongestion medicine. After a week of taking this still not feeling better. So I went back and she gave me a different antibiotic and the Tussionex cough medicine. The cough medicine has allowed me to sleep most of the night but when I take it I am completely knocked out and loopy. Still cough periodically but nothing like I was without it. Even with insurance this medicine was $50 for 4 ounces but it's worth it! I've taken it before and really helps. Just waiting for the other medicines to do their jobs!"

Anonymous October 23, 2009

For Cough "This medicine worked very well for me. I had a bad cough that was keeping me up night after night. This allowed me to sleep and totally stopped the cough. I couldn't take it during the day without being groggy however, so I would caution against this although the recommended dose said every 12 hours."

Jur45 October 11, 2009

For Cough "I have had a persistent cough now for two weeks that wakes me up 8 times at night. This is the second time that I have had this cough medicine prescribed to me. It is by far the best Cough medicine that I have ever taken."

JKitt October 8, 2009

For Cough "This reduced my flu and pneumonia symptoms tremendously. I was having severe head and body aches along with a horrible cough, and it relieved the pain so I could rest."

mglazed2000 October 3, 2009

For Cold Symptoms "Was given this medicine for upper respiratory tract infection. It helps the cough but makes you feel really out of it. With this prescription I have had headaches. I'm on the 12 hour/1 tsp dosage. I would recommend that this drug before you go to bed."

Anonymous October 2, 2009

For Cough "Best medicine I ever seen."

"D" September 22, 2009

For Cough "I recently moved to Savannah, GA and developed a horrid cough. I continued to get colds and did not stop coughing for weeks. I was treated by an allergist with every known allergy drug, inhaler and nasal spray. I then started allergy shots. I continued to cough till I threw up at least 10 times a day. In addition this caused urinary incontinence. I then started to see an ENT and went through cat scans, scopes, etc. with no relief from the cough. My personal care physician has now suggested I see a gastroenterologist. Meanwhile she was willing to treat the symptoms. This is the best drug I have ever taken. After the first dose I immediately stopped coughing. It lasts a full 12 hours and allows me to sleep!"

ekane00 September 16, 2009

For Cough "Seven (7) years ago my system betrayed me and I became allergic to everything you can be tested for except ducks and fungus - everything. I went through my PCP, to every allergy and immunology specialist in a forty mile radius and then moved down to the super-specialists in the Boston medical community. For two years - nothing alleviated the primary symptom - coughing - violent explosive coughing every forty five minutes to an hour. This is where you will begin to disbelieve me probably but, the weekend of Good Friday, 2004 my ENT prescribed Tussionex-P and for the first time I was able to sleep, breath and behave normally. I do cease use every twenty eight days, withdrawal is a little like "coffee-jags" but you must use care with this medicine."

walkerrussellc September 14, 2009

For Cough "This medicine kept me from coughing all night. It works better than Tessalon pearles or Hydromet. It stopped my post nasal drip and my dry cough."

cough from flu September 2, 2009

For Cough "After 15 years of vasomotor rhinitis, which caused chronic coughing, I was finally prescribed something that helped me sleep without waking up 10 times coughing each night. I don't notice any hangover or grogginess the next day. My only complaint is that it is not covered by my insurance and is a little expensive."

Gayloe August 7, 2009

For Cough "I have extremely bad coughing spells at night. So my doctor prescribed Codeine cough syrup which surprisingly did not help because it is a pretty strong cough medicine. So instead he prescribed Tussionex for me. The medicine worked great! The only thing I don't like is it made me sleep all day long and the next day I could still feel it in my system but I know I could have probably slept for 2 days straight off of the small dose he prescribed. He told me to do "Take 1 teaspoonful 2 times a day" I only did one and it made me feel very tired. But it does A GREAT job with suppressing the cough."

Anonymous July 10, 2009

For Cough "As others have stated, this medicine is great. I have been so sick for over a week; coughing and spitting up constantly, unable to talk without going into a severe coughing spell and unable to sleep due to the cough and having to clear my throat so I could breathe. I finally went to the doctor today. He gave me Z-pack, a Celestone shot AND the Tussionex Suspension. I know it was the Tussionex that did the trick so quickly. I remember having it years ago, and same thing; my "impossible to cure" cough went away very soon. Next time I get a bad cough, I'm going for the Tussionex Pennkinetic Suspension immediately. NOTHING else that I've used the past week came anywhere near to eliminating my symptoms. Excellent product."

Missy5537 June 23, 2009

For Cold Symptoms "Tussionex(R) Pennkinetic is a very good medication for cold and cough conditions accompanied with aches etc. The active ingredients (hydrocodone 10mg/chlorpheniramine 8mg) last a long time for long-lasting relief. I would recommend Tussionex(R) Pennkinetic 12-Hour Suspension OVER ANY OTHER COUGH PREPARATION. COUGH RELIEVED. REST ASSURED. Not to mention the hydrocodone is good for aches and pains."

Coughing June 19, 2009

For Cough "I have had a bad cough for over a week. The Doctor said it was bronchitis and prescribed this and Septra. It does dry you up and quietens the cough. I've taken this before but, don't remember it making me feel so loopy, even 12 hours later. Definitely don't drive and it would be advisable to have someone around."

Anonymous June 11, 2009

For Cold Symptoms "I don't have the luxury of having a sick day most of the time and I asked the doctor to give me something to treat the symptoms so I would not be so miserable. Coughing, runny nose, headache etc. This really worked well for me. Furthermore, I was able to sleep through the night and not keep my wife awake. For your information I have never had any troubles with drugs and side effects (not like I take much anyway). Bottom line, if it works for you like it works for me you will be able to perform normally and better than you could have otherwise and sleep well. "

Anonymous June 7, 2009

For Cough "This stuff is great. I have had a chronic cough for over a year following an esophagectomy. This is the first medication that actually works for more then a couple of hours. I can actually make it through the night without having coughing episodes. As a side benefit, it tastes pretty good."

billcall May 12, 2009

For Cough "This stuff is great. I have had a chronic cough for over a year following an esophagectomy. This is the first medication that actually works for more then a couple of hours. I can actually make it through the night without having coughing episode. As a side benefit, it tastes pretty good."

Anonymous May 12, 2009

For Cough "I have mild asthma and allergies. My Azmacort inhaler is not enough at times, and the Tussionix gives me complete relief from the nagging cough that I find so exasperating! I only use it once a day (and not every day) during allergy season. It's made my life much more comfortable during allergy season. Absolutely no side effects when taken once a day as I do. Worth every penny."

jonibee April 18, 2009

For Cold Symptoms "The medicine is very good at relieving the symptoms of a cold. Greatly reduced cough and dried me up as I have never seen. It may be too dry so drink a lot of fluids. I have to say though, don't drive a car or operate machinery. It makes it very hard to think clearly. Definitely made for use where you stay home and depend on someone else to do the thinking."

Anonymous April 18, 2009

For Cough "I have a problem with recurring bronchitis because of asthma. When this happens I cough a lot. The Tussionex is a life saver for me. It stops the cough that nothing else has ever stopped. It makes me sleepy, but the cough is paralyzing so it's well worth it. The price makes me very thankful for my health insurance."

Anonymous April 15, 2009

For Cough "Obstetrician prescribed this to me due to a chest infection/head cold that resulted in no sleep for me. It totally knocked me out - I slept better than I had during my entire pregnancy. Great part is I still have plenty of fetal movement."

Anonymous April 6, 2009

For Cough "This stuff is amazing when you are really sick. A severe cough was making my head and neck hurt so bad. After about 20 minutes of taking Tussionex, my cough was much improved, and my neck/headache almost non-existent. I was prescribed this after Codeine wasn't helping at all. Will definitely take it again if needed."

Anonymous February 23, 2009