User Reviews for Tussionex Pennkinetic

8.4

Summary of Tussionex Pennkinetic reviews 9.3 90 reviews

Reviews for Tussionex Pennkinetic

JANK · Taken for less than 1 month March 22, 2019

For Cough "A wonderful medicine! .Stops a nagging cough dead in its tracks. I have used it several times when I've had the flu, or a bad cold. Unfortunately, it is now hard to get, due to people who can't be responsible with such medications......"

Tacoman August 21, 2018

For Cough "I have had a chronic cough since I was a freshman in high school (I'm now 24). I have been to every specialist tried many many treatments and nobody can figure out what is wrong with me. I've even been to Jacksonvilles mayoclinic specialty cough clinic where they ran extensive tests over a 3 day period; took biopsies of my lungs, esophagus, and trachea, had a CT scan of my chest, did a pH probe test checked for asthma (much more extensive test than the traditional method of detecting asthma) and much more. Nobody can figure out what is wrong with me. I'm at the point where the next treatment option will be Botox injections into my neck to paralyze the nerves in hopes that it helps with the cough reflex. Now, you might be asking yourself, is the above relevant? The answer is yes, and here's why. After reading my extensive summed up cough history, and concluding that nobody has any idea what is wrong with me, the only short term relief I am able to get is from tussionnex."

Kellyb · Taken for less than 1 month April 15, 2018

For Cough "Works great to relieve the post nasal drip that keeps me and my husband up at night from my coughing."

Nikki Mack June 26, 2017

For Cough "Best cough syrup in the world for bronchitis and asthma. I measured and too it as prescribed for 7 days once a day and didn't get high or addicted. Works better than that trash promethazine cough syrup. The government has cracked down so hard on Drs they're scared to help you with what you really need. This cough mixture deserves a 10 or more like a 100! I stopped coughing in 5 minutes and felt better period. No tight chest although on antibiotics. This is what I'd recommend to any suffering like me ."

Bug bug 75 · Taken for less than 1 month April 7, 2017

For Cough "Only thing that helps a cough so bad you are throwing up."

grcgm February 13, 2017

For Cough "A doctor once described this medicine to me as the "cough syrup of champions." He wasn't joking. My cough is gone within 10 minutes of drinking this golden liquid miracle. The only reason I didn't give it a full 10 is because of the risk of addiction. It feels amazing- so amazing that you might be tempted to take a little more. Just be careful and take it EXACTLY as prescribed."

sopranofan · Taken for less than 1 month September 23, 2016

For Cough "Probably the BEST cough suppressant you can ever be prescribed.i had a cough that was SO SEVERE it kept me up 2 days straight and my throat began to bleed..my dr Rx'd 1 tsp every 12 hours and a z-pack antibiotic. I took the doseage at 6pm and by 7 I was sleeping soundly..I used it to ward off the cough while the antibiotics cured the cough. No point in getting just cough medicine if you don't get the antibiotics to go with it :)"

Grace Ray May 17, 2016

For Cough "Works very well for cough suppression. Much more effective than guaifenesin with codeine. One adult dose at bedtime and I can sleep through the night, 8 hours, and wake up with very minor "hang over" that quickly wears off. Used for deep bronchitis cough, atelectasis after pneumonia, severe flu infection."

TeenieTeeny · Taken for less than 1 month May 9, 2016

For Cough "This is by far and wide the best treatment for coughing. The worse your cough is, the fewer "high" feelings you will have. I don't mind the hazy feeling all opioids tend to give off, so this is an added benefit for me. The meds help relax your entire body. It can be difficult to sleep on it"

newhorizon May 1, 2016

For Cold Symptoms "I had chest congestion for about a week, and when I talked to my friends I would start coughing. This was what the doctor prescribed and when the pharmacist gave me the medicine, she explained the side effects to me and to drink liquids too. I took my dose from a 5 ml plastic cup. I have taken 3 doses so far. The effects on me were dizziness, drowsiness, dry mouth and nausea. My head was spinning so much I couldn't stand up. Sometimes I would cause me to fall asleep, but sleep was helpful. The nausea was unpleasant. After two days I felt better. This was strong medicine to take, but it was better taking it at night. Otherwise it knocks me right out."

TBarr · Taken for less than 1 month February 28, 2016

For Cough "This is hands down the best cough medicine I've ever taken. I had a cough so severe that I wet myself or threw up during uncontrollable coughing fits. Needless to say, I couldn't sleep at night for more than the few hours when I just passed out from total exhaustion. My first dose of Tussionex didn't totally get rid of the cough, but it did cut it by about 50%. The second dose helped more. My third dose was last night, and it made it possible for me to get a good night's sleep for the first time in two weeks. I did wake up once with a bad headache, but I can't tell if it's a side effect of the medicine or just part of being sick. Anyway, I'll trade a headache for vomiting from coughing fits any day."

MDNS November 23, 2015

For Cough "This is the ONLY cough medicine that works for the bronchitis/asthma nightime cough I have, unfortunately, for about 20 years. I just discovered this about 7 years ago maybe. To me, & I have other family members who get this awful cough that OTC meds & other RX cough meds don't even come close to touching.....one dose of this does the trick. We dubed it "liquid gold" not to mention most insurances won't cover it & at anywhere from $80-125 a bottle (big OUCH!) I have bought it in desperation of sleep & feeling better. PLEASE sell the antihistamine part separately!! I don't care about the narc part."

Watishka · Taken for less than 1 month November 17, 2015

For Cough "This is my go to cough medicine, it absolutely works the best for bronchitis cough or sinus infection. I have experienced headaches with this but found that if I drink a lot of water when I take it, that helps. We call it super syrup in our house."

Matt B · Taken for less than 1 month January 5, 2015

For Cough "Little to no effect on cough and only helped me sleep a little. During 2 of my coughing fits i woke up to take 2.5 more ml (1/2 tsp) and it didnt help. "

Anonymousthirteen · Taken for less than 1 month February 14, 2014

For Cough "I have had a terrible cold with cough & breathing issues especially at night. This prescription was great for the cough & ability to get some rest."

Michele D. January 30, 2014

For Cough "This cough syrup really works great on quieting my wicked cough (bronchitis).....however, I am one of the few who has a terrible time sleeping when I take it. It also makes me woozy - the equivalent of drinking two glasses of wine. That said, I try to take it at least 6-8 hours before bedtime. The good effects (cough suppressant) is still working, and I get a good night's sleep. I can not drive while taking it. Stay safe!"

nomorecough · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 1, 2014

For Cough "Great for colds."

jlapec67 August 26, 2013

For Cough "This medication will take a cough away but I didn't like the side effects. I normally react great to pain meds but not on this. Couldn't sleep the first night. Woke up with severe headache. Had to take another dose for this cough and still bad headache. Can see this will turn to a migraine. Was so hopeful of this medication."

SuziQ - cough from bronchitis June 23, 2013

For Cough "I am a 38 year old female who has lupus, asthma, and chronic bronchitis. After 2 months of violent coughing fits at night I was prescribed Tussionex Pennkinetic. The coughing ceased immediately, as did the pain, and I could finally breathe! It did cause itching, strong drowsiness (a plus because I was sleep deprived) and dry mouth, but it was absolutely worth it."

tridel March 5, 2013

For Cough "It was like a miracle. Instantly stopped coughing and slept all night without waking up coughing. Taste is like frosting."

beekay · Taken for less than 1 month February 5, 2013

For Cold Symptoms "This is the best cough and cold syrup ever made. Unfortunately I am a smoker so I tend to get coughs and colds easier than non smokers. This really works for me and it makes me feel better."

anonymous 805 · Taken for less than 1 month January 3, 2013

For Cough "This is the nastiest looking and tasting medicine I have ever taken. With that said, the medicine works the best for a cough. I kept myself and my husband awake at night coughing. I took this medicine (only at night) and it worked like a charm. This is the best medicine for a cough (I don't waste my money on Robitussin or Mucinex) and is my go-to medicine whenever I get a pesky cough."

mamma griz · Taken for less than 1 month December 29, 2012

For Cough "Helps with cough however experiencing severe headache with use of this medication. Almost bad enough to go to the emergency room. "

mom0f2 · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 13, 2012

For Cough "My Dr. prescribes this for me every fall/winter. I get a cold, it turns into bronchitis and then I can't sleep or function normally due to the horrible coughing. I take it about an hour before I go to bed and I sleep like a baby, no coughing and wake up refreshed and ready to go. Side effect is I feel a little groggy until around 11 am but that's not a big deal for me when you aren't coughing and able to sleep."

Grumpygirl · Taken for less than 1 month July 7, 2012

For Cough "I was having coughing episodes about 3 hours long. I coughed until I vomited, and even until I lost control of my other bodily functions (both of them). I basically did not sleep more than 3 hours a night (if that) for a week and a half. Since I can expect this cough for another 4 weeks to 4 months, I broke down and gave this a try. It is a testament to the sheer physical force of the pertussis cough that Tussionex only stops it by about 80%. But that 80% makes all the difference! I am sleeping adequately and can keep food down. The unpleasantness that goes along with taking opiates is far, far preferable to this vicious pertussis cough."