User Reviews for Calamine topical to treat Pruritus

Also known as: Calamine Plain

Reviews for Calamine

Happy Pink Lady · Taken for less than 1 month July 26, 2014

"I had rash due to an allergic reaction to prescibed medication that was so aggressive I was covered head to toe in 35 hours. First trip to ER netted me prednisone, Benadryl and Zantac which helped with the swelling but not the crazy itching! After another 40 hours of trying not to scratch I went back to ER because the rash was still spreading and I was needing a straight jacket for the itch. New antihistamine prescribed and told to get some Calamine lotion. The pink stuff from when you were a kid? Yep. In the car and slathering pink all over my arms and I am finally getting a little relief. Begged Mom to rub it on my back. THE RELIEF!!! The new pill helped too but I will never underestimate the power of the pink stuff. $6. Thank you GOD."

WearingShortsAgain September 1, 2009

"I've had psoriasis for several years and it continued to increase in area and intensity until recently when I discovered calamine lotion which I always thought was just for poison ivy. After only a few applications, I had dramatic improvement. And it's only a couple of dollars. The only downside is that I have to clean it off when I go out in shorts."

Learn more about Pruritus

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)