User Reviews for Budeprion SR

Learn more about Budeprion SR.

Depression 7 reviews 79 medications

8.5
Major Depressive Disorder 2 reviews 46 medications

Summary of Budeprion SR reviews 9 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Budeprion SR

For Depression "Hi i just started welbutrin SR Today is my 5th day and I feel very energetic and motivated Only thing is insomnia. Wondering will that go away. Also I was on cipralex for 2 years and gained 20 pounds. Hope weight gain is not side effect of this medicine Crossing finger to get a good night sleep and no weight gain"

Kinni August 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I was on citalopram 20mg and due to a death in the family, I was unable to get my prescription renewed before I ran out. So two months passed before I got to my doctor and I had done extensive research before making the decision to switch to Bupropion. I have been on it for 4 days now, and I definitely have the get-up-and-go that I never had before. I am beginning to enjoy the things I used to again. HOWEVER, I am a serious coffee and sweet tea addict and for the first 3 days of use I had diarrhea and according to other people's reviews, it's actually quite common. I also was concerned because falling asleep is just a little more difficult but I still get 8 hours. I guess I'm still adjusting to the idea of being normal and stable."

Sarah Blasingame June 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have tried almost every med. there is for major depression. Most caused lots of weight gain and sleeping all the time. I felt hot and sweat with many of them and vision was very blurry. I thought life was over for me. I have major anxiety and panic attacks. I was better taking the Buspirone, but I was taking bupropion anxiety attacks. I take clonazapam 2mg for sleeping at night because the welbrution keeps me from sleeping. I went on praying for being healed from all the sickness and came off all my meds 2 months ago to prove my faith. I haven't been able to walk out my door for 2 months without forcing myself just to go get groceries and then I am right back inside. I live in darkness. I started them back up this morning."

fayegln December 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I have been wanting to write this for a few months because I have seen so many questions about side effects/interactions. I started taking SR on a friday, I was fine, Saturday - fine, Sunday - fine, on Monday I went to work, by lunch, all He** broke loose, the dreaded diarrhea. All day Monday was horrible, Tuesday, same thing, by Wednesday I could not take it anymore, so I started researching and found that Wellbutrin (Budeprion) interacts with caffeine. So Wednesday- no coffee, no diarrhea, Thursday- no coffee, no diarrhea. So I have only drank decaf coffee since, and have had no diarrhea."

Seans Mom (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Wellbutrin works well for the type of depression recently crippling me. That 'I Don't Want to Get Out of Bed and Face Yet Another Horrible Day -- I Just Want to Give Up' type of depression. Wellbutrin, for me, erases those bad feelings and does so very quickly. Within 4 hours of my first dose my confidence came surging back. The rapidity of action is due to the unique way it works; it isn't the typical antidepressant. Wellbutrin has side effects, but none harsh enough to stop me from taking it regular. The side effects I experience is (a.) a tense feeling (physically), and (b.) kind of a 'chemical taste' in my mouth. But, there's no blurred vision, no zombie feeling and no terribly dry mouth. The payoff is worth it."

FrankSpeek November 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I was changed from Wellbutrin XL 150, to Bupropion HCL SR. I have gained weight since the change. I feel better, but don't need the extra weight. Is this drug causing it?"

Wilma4969 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I 've been on Bupropion SR 150 MG for 9 days , I'm to take one a day for seven days , then 2 a day the second week one was to be taken before 4:00 clock in the afternoon . When I took the one I felt ok, It was the second one that made me feel bad , my head began to hurt , my face began to feel funny , and a little over a hour I was sound asleep for hours . Just thankful I don't have children at home ."

Bobo cetie November 30, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "it was great but i got shingles from it,but hope to start it up again i see my doctor tomorrow,it saved me from deep depression"

707smartshop (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I have been trying both 300mg and 150 mg. Daily doses in combination with 20 mg Lexapro for several years now. I was not doing well on Lexapro alone, still too mopey and negative. I am finally doing much better and feel strong enough to let go of the Lexapro and try Budeprion alone. After just a few days I feel totally different and much better. It is very energizing, I feel positive and am getting a lot done. My libido is coming back and the sexual side effects from the Lexapro are gone too. 300mg per day may be too high for me, I feel almost manic. I may try (with my psychiatrist's support) to stay on 150mg but so far this medicine alone is working extremely well for me."

Anonymous November 18, 2010