User Reviews for Budesonide / formoterol

7.4

COPD, Maintenance

Summary of Budesonide/formoterol reviews 7.6 123 reviews

Reviews for Budesonide/formoterol

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD: "Symbicort is good but company doing bad with patients by giving them 80% discount pass which is costlier than actual open Market price for example I am buy symbicort @ $241. On CVS. The company is giving symbicort value after 80% discount @$309.53 Why they are deceiving innocent patients. If $309.53 is there 80% discounted price it's mean actual price is $1547.65 while I have bought it 4 times on $241. at CVS. It looks they are getting hidden benefits from any organization by showing that they have given millions of dollars discount to COPD patients. If you not publish it as it is I will go to other methods. They are answerable."

Hamid July 30, 2018

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD: "I've had asthma my entire adult life. It has always been bad. Winters were worse, summers not quite as bad as winters. My asthma/COPD has gotten worse the last two years. Summer is as bad as winter. I've been using Flovent with a rescue inhaler. Even with Flovent, I was using the rescue inhaler all the time. I couldn't sleep a night through without waking up needing the inhaler. I tried Advair, no better. So this last visit to my doctor, he put me on Symbicort. I've gone a month without needing the rescue inhaler. I haven't used it once! It's so freeing not having to worry if I'm running out of inhales. I couldn't do my job, enjoy the outdoors, be active without worrying I couldn't breathe. This has been a miracle medication for me."

kenth (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 21, 2018

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Although this improved my adult sons breathing the side effects were hideous and dangerous. They include Weight loss back pain blurred vision sadness and depression.. I never would have believed that an asthma drug could cause such a severe reaction. Doctors should be warning patients about these side effects and it should also be printed on the box. The depression issue was chronic and happened in a short time. So BEWARE!!!"

Lou (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 13, 2018

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD, Maintenance: "This has been a horror to myself and my family. It makes me feel sick all the time and has caused some serious bouts with pneumonia. I must get off of this. I absolutely can not handle this "medicine" any longer."

petra July 7, 2018

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I can't use this useless twisting-stupid logic system of this inhaler."

Johnny May 15, 2018

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I find Symbicort quite effective for keeping away flare-ups when I use it consistently. I used to only take it once my symptoms were already bad and it did nothing to help me then, but now in my teens I’ve remembered to take it every day for the last year or two. 1 puff in the morning and 1 in the evening. When I notice yellow symptoms I increased to 2 morning/2 evening and then the flare-up lasts about a week instead of 3 or 4. Exercise and cold are my major triggers. I don’t really notice any side effects, but it seems like they’re pretty common. That plus the cost makes me interested in something different."

Riley (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 29, 2018

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Dr prescribed me this after advair stopped being covered by my insurance . I’ve been using it for about 2-3 years now. For me the symbicort is more effective than any other control medicine I’ve used. I hardly ever have to use my rescue inhaler and I used to use my ventolin all the time . Now my ventolin actually expires before I can use it . Symbicort is amazing !! Only con is if you stop using it for a few days you really start to feel it - chest tightness, shortness of breath, etc . So it’s really important to keep up with your refills on this medication."

Fifi (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 26, 2018

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I was prescribed this to help control eosinophilic pneumonia while tapering off of Prednisone. It it can be hard to tell if you have even loaded a dose in the inhalation chamber. The powder is fairly chalky and definitely needs to be rinsed after inhaling. That said, I never noticed any side-effects from this medication but it did nothing to suppress the inflammation in my lungs. Twice, I had needed to return to Prednisone before stopping with the Symbicort all together."

Chris M Calgary (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 4, 2018

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Been using symbicort for 2 months, having previously been on respigen. Immediately the drug improved my asthma however, within 2 weeks of using the drug I started to develop frequent bouts of bad anxiety and stomach nausea and diarrhoea which resulted in gastritis! My body feels a lot weaker and I’ve developed aches and pains in my joints. I am now off the drug and have instead been using my respigen inhaler again which is working but I have to been using it quite often due to withdrawal symptoms (flu like) coming off the symbicort inhaler. Having experienced it for myself I believe this drug is dangerous and should be taken with care and caution!"

Wonwon (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2018

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I used to take Advair but it dried out my nose severely and then my doctor gave me Symbicort and been using it for 5 years now without any side effects. It has been great, hardly ever have to use my Ventolin."

C in Indiana (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 7, 2018

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Long story short, I was prescribed this drug and ended up coughing from March through July! Serious hard coughing which caused bladder incontinence and anxiety. I WOULD NEVER TELL ANYONE TO USE THIS, EVER!!"

Symbacort is Ta Rash (taken for less than 1 month) February 18, 2018

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD, Maintenance: "before starting symbicort my lung function was 43%, 2 weeks into using symbicort my lung function went up to 74%, a true blessing. The only side affect I had was thrush. I found that eating keifers yogurt with probiotics did the trick, my throat is fine. Symbicort is amazing."

1happygirl (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 8, 2018

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Symbicort. This medicine helped me breath better and I can do things daily normally but I can't smell anything. Finally I decided to quit using this symbycort by eating healthy vegetables (add more vegetables in your meal) you will be okay."

Learningnewthings December 23, 2017

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Had asthma since 7, and suffered badly. I was hospitalized multiple times at fall/winter seasons. During mid-teens was introduced to Theophylline which helped but caused shakiness for the first hours. In my 20's I asked new pulmonary doc to put me on Flovent because of a TV commercial. It worked better than any drug. Just 2 puffs in the morning. I still deal with weather changes but hardly and I simply just take an extra 2 puffs at night. So I saw Symbicort and wanted to read the reviews. No one ever mentions Flovent (Qvar) which I never had bad reactions. Try before Symbicort"

Dankles November 5, 2017

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Worked fine for awhile, been having horrible calf and foot cramps that wake me up out of a dead sleep screaming! I have had thrush about 10 tImes in the past 2yrs. Can't handle hot conditions for any length of time & I'm an Optician and it causes me blurred vision at times so I have taken my self off this medication, the side affects are NOT worth the benefits of this medication"

Adellio (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 13, 2017

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD, Maintenance: "I was diagnosed with asthma and COPD and was given symbicort. First I lost my voice , then I would get constant leg cramps at night, then I started to lose weight. I went to see my new doctor, by the way my previous doctor sent me to have my throat examined for any problems and all came out ok. My new doctor asked me "who told you you got COPD"? my previous doctor. She asked did I have a lung test and I said no. Then told me to quit symbicort get a chest x-ray a full lung test and a complete blood scan which came back Normal. Now it's been over a week since I stopped symbicort and am breathing normal don't cough got my appetite back and don't use my rescue inhaler which I seldom used . Get a complete lung test before taking symbicort."

Stan the man 80 years old August 31, 2017

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "A reasonably good drug at controlling my moderate, seasonal asthma (I was diagnosed with asthma in my early 40s, during allergy season I have moderate asthma symptoms -really crummy lungs with wheezing - though I've never had an actual asthma attack. During non-allergy season I don't need any maintenance, most years). However, I had to stop taking the medication for two reasons: first, the drug made my heart race which was a huge problem at night- I couldn't sleep. It also made me somewhat anxious and short tempered. I thought I had generalized anxiety. Instead, it was the medication giving me the symptoms (now that I'm off the drug my heart rate is fine, and the jumpiness has disappeared). The other drawback was severe hoarseness."

Stonea August 31, 2017

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Symbicort worked for about a year. Then one day as I got to work I could not see very well from my left eye. I went to the eye doctor only to be told that my retina had fluid in it. After answering all the questions the conclusion was that the steroids in the medication was affecting my vision. Moreover, my wrist joint and back started to hurt often. My family physician recommended other drugs but I decided to stop all my medications an go on a whole food diet. I must say it has been six weeks and I don't need the inhaler, my joint pains are gone and my vision is getting back to normal. It was a blessing to have the drug but I felt that I made a pact with the devil since it almost destroy the rest of my body."

Angel T August 15, 2017

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I have only been on symbicort for a few days but I already know these side effects are not for me. I have the worst case of jitters I've ever had and dizziness. I also had a very very mild nose bleed, though I'm not sure it was associated with the medication, I just know I haven't had a nose bleed since I was a child. My regular doctor advised me to either go down to one puff twice or day or if I would rather to stop it all together since I have my first Pulmo appointment next week. I have chosen to stop the drug, I can't deal with these side effects. I can say my breathing did improve but for now I'll rely on my albuterol. Really wish I wasn't having such scary effects! Glad it works for most of you!"

Jamiepen July 26, 2017

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Mine is a seasonal asthma and until Symbicort I ended up in the ER several times a year (spring, summer, fall). That's when I take 2 puffs X 2 times a day and have yet to have an attack. Winter, only 1 puff every other day. Sure, I have occasional wheezing, but that's why I have Ventolin. Looking back (10 plus years), I have to tell you - I'm really happy not to have to use Prednisone, possibly ever again."

12stephanie34 May 29, 2017

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I'm kinda surprised at some of the negative reviews too. I've had asthma all my life and this miracle drug put asthma in its place (not active). I get asthma from allergies and cardio exercises. Was given a sample by a doctor I used to work for because I kept using my ProAir every 30min throughout the day. After that sample of Symbicort, my life changed forever. I don't know what it is about this drug, but it only takes 2 puffs and BAM, my asthma isn't a problem until next year. Can't live without it. Its amazing stuff right here. I live by this drug (unfortunately) but fortunate that it gives me freedom from asthma for almost a full year. Problem free"

Misael J Jr. May 12, 2017

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Symbicort did nothing for my adult-onset asthma. In fact, I get the sense that nothing is coming out of my turboinhaler. I am going to ask my doctor to switch me to something else. I am very doubtful about the turboinhaler delivery method. What was wrong with conventional inhalers? Nothing, I suspect. The turboinhaler is just a gimmick that should be recalled."

Charles999 (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2017

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD: "Works great. I can now sleep at night"

Anonymous April 28, 2017

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Symbicort is one of the best medication that works for asthma."

Kanwalpreet February 8, 2017

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD: "It helps some but in the large picture, not much. I can walk to the back of my house 40 feet without having to stop to catch my breath, but still breathing heavily. Prior, I had to stop every 15 feet or so to catch my breath. Improvement? Yes. Better? No."

AhappyCamper (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 24, 2017