User Reviews for Budesonide / formoterol

Also known as: Symbicort

Learn more about Budesonide/formoterol.

COPD 23 reviews 38 medications

8.1
Asthma, Maintenance 67 reviews 118 medications

7.8
COPD, Maintenance 10 reviews 46 medications

7.7
Summary of Budesonide/formoterol reviews 100 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Budesonide/formoterol

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Symbicort is one of the best medication that works for asthma."

Kanwalpreet February 8, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD: "It helps some but in the large picture, not much. I can walk to the back of my house 40 feet without having to stop to catch my breath, but still breathing heavily. Prior, I had to stop every 15 feet or so to catch my breath. Improvement? Yes. Better? No."

AhappyCamper (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 24, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I have been on Symbicort inhaler for a couple of years for Asthma which I seem to have picked up since our last move to Vernon BC. and during this time have completely lost my taste buds. I am a retired professional chef and tasting food is important to me. I can hardly taste any salt seasonings etc . I can not smell things like peppermint, curry paprika etc. Right now I am just cooking from experience and I do not like it one bit."

swissboy (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 17, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD, Maintenance: "Was put on this one while in the hospital with exacerbation. It did not work at all and my regular drug of Advair was not supplied from the hospital pharmacy. I had to get special permission to bring in my advair for administration from the nurses by the hospital. Ineffective and my breathing was improved once I got my regular med back."

Lpit180 (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I am genuinely surprised at how many people have had bad experiences on this drug! It's interesting since I've had an amazing time with symbicort and it's made my life a lot easier. I had mostly allergy and exercised enduced asthma and growing up only occasionally needed my blue puffer. It was when I started to get nocturnal asthma and a hard time breathing in the winter that my really frequent use of the rescue inhaler was not a good thing. Symbicort has made everything a lot easier. I finally sleep the entire night without waking up thinking I'm having an attack. Only downside is when my asthma is very persistent, 1 puff doesn't last the entire 12 hours for me but I can always up my dosage with my doctor if needed."

MUDanielle December 9, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD: "The medicine worked right off the bat, after 30 minutes or so, could breathe much better, and as a smoker, helped my wheezing go away, and not as tired with more energy. NOW the BAD part. I have had a heart attack and have 3 stents. For 3 years, my bp has been perfect at 110/65 with a pulse of 58 to 65 even drinking caffiene and smoking. Since starting this, BP has increased a little, but pulse no matter what stays above 110 24/7, SO, can't take it for that reason only..."

Quando62 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 20, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Given Symbicort inhaler after Urgent care sent me to hospital for severe asthma. Symbicort took forever (2 1/2 weeks) to help, and then, only slightly. Back started aching 3rd day I was on it. Just figured, at first, it was from trying to sleep in hospital bed. Head ached, too, though. Joints started aching soon after. Two weeks later, Symbicort seemed to help enough to maybe use the ProAir, or nebulizer, a couple times less during the day. But, still needing it, at times. Back/joints/ headache continued after all other meds from hospital discharge finished. Plus, short of breath a lot, with achiness in upper chest a week or so ago. Stopped Symbicort Sunday night. Now Wednesday, and already feeling better."

Gramma W (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 9, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Was having to use my ProAir all the time. I did my pulmonary function test and came back with a combination of Asthma with mild COPD. I knew I was having difficulty breathing and boy did this help. I use a spacer with it and it really helps to keep it from hitting my tongue or areas of my mouth. It really helps it to get into my lungs. I do wash my mouth out afterwards to. I was using my ProAir without a spacer until my pulmonary function test until my pulmonary doctor recommended using both this and my ProAir with spacers to ensure most of the medicine gets in the lungs instead of the mouth. It's amazing what the spacer does instead of just using the MDI by itself. I can still carry my rescue inhaler by itself when absolutely needd"

K In Indiana November 1, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD: "I have taken Sympbicort for over 1 year. It works very well but I asked my lung dr if we could try another inhaler. The side effect that caused me to stop taking it was horseness and scratchy throat.. My dr gave me anther inhaler to try/ Still with the throat t thing. I hope he comes up with something else but my expections aren't high. All of this type of inhaler must do the same thing as far as side effects."

sandiee October 21, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD: "I have used it one night and one day. Four inhales total. At first night. It causes laryngospasm. I almost choked. This horror is still with me two months passed. Even on day i had spasms. Mostly start with a cough. I am afraid if there is no cure for this. All my life changed. None of phsician knows this disease. They prescribe astma drugs. I searched on internet 13 cases reported so far. I am the 14th case. Stay away."

kccoskun August 25, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD, Maintenance: "7 years ago..had a P E ..immediately diagnosed with COPD first med was SYMBICORT and then added SPIRIVA.... Still on SYMBICORT, but now combined with TUDORZA Amazing results in a month... SYMBICORT thins the skin and I bruise very easily...that would be my only issue..."

Trohylady (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 14, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I have had asthma since I was a baby and this medicine has helped me so much."

Luna93 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 17, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD: "worked really good but the side effects were unmanageable. Rinsed, gargled as instructed but developed thrush and swallowing was very painful. Discontinued use but took over 6 months to get over side effects. Now on Advair and am so scared of this happening again that I take right before a meal so that food will clean the esophagus of the medication. Hope new drugs being tested will result in a drug as good as Symbicort but without the side effects! Are there any patches or injections available as I have severe Gerd and pills and inhalers cause me extreme pain."

dancier (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD: "Absolutely the best copd medicine i have ever taken. Why did i destroy my own lungs with cigarettes? Youth and stupidity I guess. went from a dying couch potato to a 5k runner with Symbicort. 2 puffs in the morning and 2 before bed keeps me in great shape. It really is an amazing drug for copd sufferers."

cl copd sufferer June 11, 2016

48 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Omg..what a terrible drug! I just recently asked to be changed back to Advair. My regular Dr wouldn't so I saw a colleague of his and she asked why I was put on it in the first place. I told her that I did not know why he changed me from Advair to Symbicort when I wasn't having any problems with it. She changed me to Advair. It is Monday and I just changed on Thursday and already I feel better. Asthma is still bothering me and I'm on prednisone but my mental outlook has drastically changed for the better. I felt like I was in a depressing fog that i couldn't get out of. Cant believe I was on this garbage drug for a year and a half. Coughing all the time.nothing much coming out.just constant coughing. Thank God im off this terrible drug"

for T.J. (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 31, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD, Maintenance: "I asked my pulmonary doctor if I could try Symbicort. She have me a 2 week sample and almost immedately I started wheezing and I saw no improvement and went back to my previous medication."

tmf24556 (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Started taking Symbicort for increasingly worse asthma after a chest infection and doctor wanted to try a stronger preventer. First few weeks were OK, but after that I started to develop increasing generalised anxiety. I have had mild anxiety on and off and usually situationally related but the anxiety I experienced from this was generalised and grew in intensity each day... Affecting my work and home life. My sleep has also been badly affected. A lot of difficulty getting to sleep- even sleeping tablets didn't help much. I also started to get tinnitus (ringing in ears), nasopharengitis, red dry eyes that made me look stoned, bad breath etc. The last straw for me was very doing voice changes, increasing irritability and agitation."

Evan1904 May 24, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I've been on Symbicort for 5 months - I was originally diagnosed with COPD, I was on Advair for 4 yrs and had bad side effects. I was angry and depressed. Advair made my chest feel heavy. I switched to Spiriva it did not help, took ventolin 6 x a day. I wen't on Foradil but would wake up wheezing every night and felt the worst I have ever felt. Finally had asthma testing and prescribed Symbicort 2 inhalations twice a day. I've never felt better. It has literally changed my life! I am having ringing in the ears but I'll take that over not being able to breath any day!"

Vegasbaby May 18, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I've started taking it when i had asthma exacerbation last two months. Usually, when I have flare up it will go away within 2 to 3 weeks. I was worried because it's almost a month already and I haven't been feeling well. Symptoms are fatigue, chest pain/tightness, shortness of breath, rapid heart palpitations, throat irritation, phlegm, reflux? I went to the doctor and told me it was an acid reflux. I still continue to use this drug together with PPI but i don't see any improvement. I've made my research about the side effects. It may control my asthma but the side effects are much worse. I'm getting off this drug immediately."

seeeri (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "It has worked well for me...I have been on it for just under 3 weeks, and I have only used my rescue inhaler twice."

Crazylady51912 March 28, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD: "Works great for me , more energy and I feel good"

Steve hulse January 19, 2016

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD: "Works wonders, but the pump never functions beyond 30 out 120 times that is supposed to function"

Gali shae January 15, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD, Maintenance: "The dosage of 160/4.5 makes me very, very nervous."

Jaccie January 7, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "This stuff practically saved my childhood. I've had severe asthma all my life. I took my Ventese pump at lease 10 times a day. I struggled to walk even the smallest distances without my chest feeling tight. I had many visits to the hospital- 3 occasions going as far as Intensive Care. I was the prescribed Symbicort 160 and my life has changed completely. I experience no side effects whatsoever. I've been on it for about 6 years. I'm currently 19 years old."

Sabrinav03 (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 4, 2016

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "To start with I am in the UK and for me is an effective Asthma controller, it works but; lets talk side effects: The first thing that occurred was the hallucinations, it was like being on LSD. My libido disappeared. I started to get angry very quickly and am now intolerant of the most stupid things. Short term memory loss has become a severe problem; My eyesight has worsened very quickly and I get eye infections easily. On top of all that, my throat has become so bad, (potential Candida) I can no longer sing in public - it would have helped had I been told to rinse after every use. Having seen the official list of side effects, for all its good this has got to go."

Andy51058 (taken for 10 years or more) January 4, 2016