User Reviews for Budesonide / formoterol

COPD, Maintenance
6.8

Summary of Budesonide/formoterol reviews 7.3 135 reviews

Reviews for Budesonide/formoterol

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I am over 50 and I've started experiencing breathing issues around 5 years ago. It was always during the cold weather or after running. I did my tests and technically I don't have an asthma, but I am on the border. Initially, the doctor prescribed Ventolin inhaler, but it didn't help at all and I even felt worse. Then ( 3 years ago) I was put on Symbicort 200 and I am taking it twice a day with two puffs and it's very helpful. What a huge difference! Also, I have to say that I haven't experienced any of these side effects mentioned in this blog. My occasional headache is no more than before , I don't have stomach problem, hearth problem, sleep problem, or any other health issues. Seriously."

Jack (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 25, 2019

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Go back on Adair. Generic disk now available. $5.00 with ins."

Anonymous March 15, 2019

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I have been taking this for about a year now. I developed pneumonia and pleurisy a little over a year ago. Was on a prednisone for months and we all know the side effects of that. After a combo of Qvar and Symbicort, I started just taking the Symbicort. Symbicort, at first, seemed to be the only inhaler that worked for me and didn’t give me any side effects. From reading all the comments, I think I have had every side effect mentioned! Blurry vision, stomach problems, feet cramps often, horrible anxiety, racing heart, sleep problems, back pain, chest feeling like on fire, dizziness, shortness of breath, now knee pain , you name it. I didn’t immediately connect it with the Symbicort but have been more seriously thinking that direction lately especially hearing everyone else’s experience here. It would all have to be related when I have never had any issues like this before- I think it is linked to long term use."

Debbie March 10, 2019

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "In January of this year I caught an upper respiratory infection which caused chest tightness. I visited my allergist who put me on Symbicort 180 - 2 puffs morning and night. I used it for only 5 days and only once a day for the last 3 days. I developed larygospasm (thought I was suffocating), dysphonia, pharingitis, and dysphasia. I stopped using it two weeks ago. I just saw an ENT who diagnosed (I believe misdiagnosed) me with Laryngopharyngeal reflux (LPR), and presbylarynx. She prescribed ZANTAC and Prilosec for LPR and is sending me to a speech therapist for my vocal issues. I had NONE of these symptoms prior to using Symbicort two weeks ago. I will see the speech therapist but refuse to take either a Proton Pump inhibitor or and H2 blocker as I do not have LPR, I have throat damage from using Symbicort. Symbicort is a dangerous, harmful drug that should be taken off the market. There is nothing more evil than big pharma."

Emmief (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2019

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I have been on Symbicort 160/4.5 2 doses twice a day for ten days now. I am actually breathing worse than before I got the Symbicort. I have never heard myself wheeze so bad until the past few days. The thrush is awful. I actually had pieces of my throat come up when I cough. And they were falling off the roof of my mouth. After two days of gargling with salt water that cleared up and I gargle every time I use the inhaler now. Sinuses only getting mucus-ier. Short of breath and coughing. Headaches are not welcome and my last complaint is a deal breaker. I just cannot continue this drug because it is causing me to have vaginal bleeding. I NEVER have spotting or breakthrough bleeding and to have that suddenly occur and see it has happened to other ladies I will discontinue this drug. Unacceptable."

Robbed by the Air (taken for less than 1 month) January 30, 2019

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD: "Used this ONE time and was in the hospital an hr later. Went into A-Fib. Been on Breo, Adavair, Arnuity. Was told I (yes I, not the doctor) should look for a NON stimulant med. Do they make one? Searching still."

gingin9 (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2018

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I'm a 40 yr old woman, and have had asthma my entire life. My Dr's have tried numerous meds over the years to control my asthma. I've tried 3 times over a number of years to use this drug. It worked great when it came to controlling my asthma, but every time I've tried to continue on it, I have ++ spotting (constantly), about a week after being on it. I have regular periods and have never spotted between, except while on this drug. My Dr thinks I'm crazy when I explain this side effect. But, I know my body, and I know it's the Symbicort! As soon as I go off the drug, it goes away. Symbicort controlled my asthma, but after 3 tries, I just can't tolerate this side effect."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2018

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD, Maintenance: "This medication helps me but the cost of this medication is ridiculous. I do not qualify for free prescriptions nor medicaid. I cannot afford insurance and have a family to feed. The cheapest coupon I was able to find was 277.00. Tell me what average american family can actually afford that a month plus other meds? Pharmaceutical Companies and AstraZeneca are making billions of dollars all the while people are needlessly suffering due to the cost of your medication. That is what I call a crime to humanity."

Bill (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 13, 2018

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD, Maintenance: "I have been diagnosed with a light case of COPD & prescribed Symbicort to help when I exert myself and have shortness of breath. Since taking this inhaler I have been sick with pneumonia like symptoms, hacking phlegm, Charlie horse's in my lower calf, & lacking concentration and confusion with organizing my work. I am exhausted and my chest is burning. I have not felt this bad since I quit smoking 3 years ago when I had the worst flu of my life. So grateful to find this page. I thought I was losing my marbles @55yrs?"

JD (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2018

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD: "I tried this a couple of times and it always made breathing worse. My lungs felt inflamed. I went from general shortness of breath to not being able to complete a sentence without running out of breath."

JayDee (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2018

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I went on Symbicort a few years ago due to insurance issues. Previously I was taking Advair. I finally returned to Advair 3 days ago and I haven’t had to use my rescue inhaler once! With Symbicort, I found myself using my rescue inhaler throughout the day and in the middle of the night which interrupted my sleep. (My asthma was NOT under control with Symbicort) Now I’ve been able to take full deep breaths and have been sleeping through the night like a baby thanks to Advair. Awesome."

Bondgirl (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 15, 2018

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I have poor lung function, asthma, and COPD (though I've never smoked). I started Symbicort a few months ago and it was great for the first few weeks - I could breathe well and sleep through the night without a 'reliever'. After that I started experiencing side effects - calf cramps and a croaky voice. But my resting pulse rate was worrying - normally at around 82 it moved up to be over 100 all the time. After around 3 weeks on Symbicort (one puff a day as prescribed) my breathing was starting to go downhill and I woke one night with a resting pulse of 120. My heartbeat was heavy, I felt really dreadful, and it was obvious to me that the bronchodilator part of the Symbicort was now dangerous for me. I stopped taking Symbicort the next day. Within a day or so my heart-rate was normal and I felt so much better. I switched to Pulmicort turbohaler and started taking Intal (inhaler), a combo that seems to work pretty well with my tired old allergic lungs."

woosel (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2018

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD: "Symbicort is good but company doing bad with patients by giving them 80% discount pass which is costlier than actual open Market price for example I am buy symbicort @ $241. On CVS. The company is giving symbicort value after 80% discount @$309.53 Why they are deceiving innocent patients. If $309.53 is there 80% discounted price it's mean actual price is $1547.65 while I have bought it 4 times on $241. at CVS. It looks they are getting hidden benefits from any organization by showing that they have given millions of dollars discount to COPD patients. If you not publish it as it is I will go to other methods. They are answerable."

Hamid July 30, 2018

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD: "I've had asthma my entire adult life. It has always been bad. Winters were worse, summers not quite as bad as winters. My asthma/COPD has gotten worse the last two years. Summer is as bad as winter. I've been using Flovent with a rescue inhaler. Even with Flovent, I was using the rescue inhaler all the time. I couldn't sleep a night through without waking up needing the inhaler. I tried Advair, no better. So this last visit to my doctor, he put me on Symbicort. I've gone a month without needing the rescue inhaler. I haven't used it once! It's so freeing not having to worry if I'm running out of inhales. I couldn't do my job, enjoy the outdoors, be active without worrying I couldn't breathe. This has been a miracle medication for me."

kenth (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 21, 2018

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Although this improved my adult sons breathing the side effects were hideous and dangerous. They include Weight loss back pain blurred vision sadness and depression.. I never would have believed that an asthma drug could cause such a severe reaction. Doctors should be warning patients about these side effects and it should also be printed on the box. The depression issue was chronic and happened in a short time. So BEWARE!!!"

Lou (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 13, 2018

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD, Maintenance: "This has been a horror to myself and my family. It makes me feel sick all the time and has caused some serious bouts with pneumonia. I must get off of this. I absolutely can not handle this "medicine" any longer."

petra July 7, 2018

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I can't use this useless twisting-stupid logic system of this inhaler."

Johnny May 15, 2018

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I find Symbicort quite effective for keeping away flare-ups when I use it consistently. I used to only take it once my symptoms were already bad and it did nothing to help me then, but now in my teens I’ve remembered to take it every day for the last year or two. 1 puff in the morning and 1 in the evening. When I notice yellow symptoms I increased to 2 morning/2 evening and then the flare-up lasts about a week instead of 3 or 4. Exercise and cold are my major triggers. I don’t really notice any side effects, but it seems like they’re pretty common. That plus the cost makes me interested in something different."

Riley (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 29, 2018

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Dr prescribed me this after advair stopped being covered by my insurance . I’ve been using it for about 2-3 years now. For me the symbicort is more effective than any other control medicine I’ve used. I hardly ever have to use my rescue inhaler and I used to use my ventolin all the time . Now my ventolin actually expires before I can use it . Symbicort is amazing !! Only con is if you stop using it for a few days you really start to feel it - chest tightness, shortness of breath, etc . So it’s really important to keep up with your refills on this medication."

Fifi (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 26, 2018

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I was prescribed this to help control eosinophilic pneumonia while tapering off of Prednisone. It it can be hard to tell if you have even loaded a dose in the inhalation chamber. The powder is fairly chalky and definitely needs to be rinsed after inhaling. That said, I never noticed any side-effects from this medication but it did nothing to suppress the inflammation in my lungs. Twice, I had needed to return to Prednisone before stopping with the Symbicort all together."

Chris M Calgary (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 4, 2018

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Been using symbicort for 2 months, having previously been on respigen. Immediately the drug improved my asthma however, within 2 weeks of using the drug I started to develop frequent bouts of bad anxiety and stomach nausea and diarrhoea which resulted in gastritis! My body feels a lot weaker and I’ve developed aches and pains in my joints. I am now off the drug and have instead been using my respigen inhaler again which is working but I have to been using it quite often due to withdrawal symptoms (flu like) coming off the symbicort inhaler. Having experienced it for myself I believe this drug is dangerous and should be taken with care and caution!"

Wonwon (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2018

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I used to take Advair but it dried out my nose severely and then my doctor gave me Symbicort and been using it for 5 years now without any side effects. It has been great, hardly ever have to use my Ventolin."

C in Indiana (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 7, 2018

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Long story short, I was prescribed this drug and ended up coughing from March through July! Serious hard coughing which caused bladder incontinence and anxiety. I WOULD NEVER TELL ANYONE TO USE THIS, EVER!!"

Symbacort is Ta Rash (taken for less than 1 month) February 18, 2018

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for COPD, Maintenance: "before starting symbicort my lung function was 43%, 2 weeks into using symbicort my lung function went up to 74%, a true blessing. The only side affect I had was thrush. I found that eating keifers yogurt with probiotics did the trick, my throat is fine. Symbicort is amazing."

1happygirl (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 8, 2018

Symbicort (budesonide / formoterol) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Symbicort. This medicine helped me breath better and I can do things daily normally but I can't smell anything. Finally I decided to quit using this symbycort by eating healthy vegetables (add more vegetables in your meal) you will be okay."

Learningnewthings December 23, 2017