User Reviews for Casodex to treat Prostate Cancer

Casodex has an average rating of 7.8 out of 10 from a total of 6 ratings for the treatment of Prostate Cancer. 83% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 17% reported a negative experience.

Casodex rating summary

7.8/10 average rating

Compare all 59 medications used in the treatment of Prostate Cancer.

Horler · July 29, 2009

"My PSA had reached 39.7 and I underwent surgical castration on March 19 2009 in Delhi India where I was on holiday. I returned to the UK on 23 March. My consultant prescribed Casodex 50mg once per day for my remaining lifetime. I am 79 years old and tolerated the surgery well. On 13 May my PSA level had dropped to 0.6 and on the 13 July my PSA result was so low that it was non-recordable. I have suffered a recent bout of pneumonia, and I have frequent hot flashes, but otherwise I feel much better than I did before surgery and the Casodex seems to be doing it's job. I take no other medicine than the Casodex."

WWII Vet · Taken for less than 1 month · July 24, 2014

"Just diagnosed with metastasized prostate cancer. Have been on Casodex for 11 days today (will be on it for 30 days). The only side effect (at least so far) was fatigue for the first 5 days, nothing now. My urinary symptoms (delayed start, dribbling, weak stream, urgency & frequency) have all improved dramatically over these 11 days. Received my first shot of Lupron today (7.5mg) and am hoping for the best. That will be my next medicine review in about two weeks."

Mr. Ed · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · November 20, 2017

"I had a prostatectomy, removal in 2012. My PSA, started spiking up 2015. I was put on Casodex, and my PSA has gone undetectable till now. My doctors says I can't stay on it forever, and if it spikes up again, I would need radiation. I don't understand why, especially if its the first drug I've used, and it seems to be working fine with slight side effects. Any advise ?"

NickB · February 3, 2010

"My father was given this after a PSA climb following chemo treatment. Chemo shrank swollen lymph nodes and PSA drops to around 2 but climbed 1 point after Chemo. Taking this medication has made no difference as his PSA. The doctor is switching him to Firmagon as he says it shows aggressive PSA reduction in studies."

Planor · January 8, 2012

"I have taken Casodex for years and PSA stays around 3.7. No operation. Side effect is enlarged breasts. Now 79 years old and swimming a mile a day. Feel strong and doing well."

Anonymous · May 16, 2009

"After 8 years on Zoladex I became resistant to it and my PSA started to increase. Casodex has brought it back down. I did have Major Prostate Removal surgery."

Anonymous · March 3, 2010

"Had to take Casodex as part of treatment for Prostate Cancer. Seems to have worked with only minor side effects."

Learn more about Prostate Cancer