User Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide / erythromycin

Acne
7.8

Summary of Benzoyl peroxide/erythromycin reviews 7.8 41 reviews

Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide/erythromycin

For Acne: "I used this for about two months for acne as directed by my derm (once every evening). It was definitely effective but left my face bright pink and made pigmentation issues worse. If you have fair or sensitive skin, I would be very careful."

25 and sensitive (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 21, 2018

For Acne: "I started breaking out when I started college, little by little it started with very small bumps thought it was a heat rash, but nooo it wasn’t a heat rash...they started getting bigger everyday, Turned out to be cystic acne. Went to my primary doctor, he prescribed me a few topical gels/cream thought they were working but they weren’t, last topical gel my primary doctor prescribed was tretinion 0.01% that was working, but it was burning my face so bad, my face was very irritated, (great for acne scars) I know it’s suppose to make your face red, but I couldn’t take it anymore...finally they referred me to a DERM. The derm doctor prescribed me AKTIPAK oh my gosh,I’m only on my 2nd day and I can’t believe the result already! I’m also taking Sulfameth/ Trimeth twice daily! I am so thankful and I hope this gets rid of my cystic acne soon!! Good luck to all of us that suffer with anytime of acne :)"

Lizzoliz (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2018

For Acne: "Prescribed this by my derma. Moderate to severe acne and sometimes get a little bit of cystic acne mixed in. Yes, it does severely dry out your skin and cause it to peel. But that means its working. The benzoyl peroxide peels the top layer of skin so a new layer can form, while the erythromycin helps kill bacteria. My suggestion: only apply at night before bed every night or every second night. In the morning wash your face with a very soothing and moisturizing wash. Then put on a moisturizer with SPF (and then your makeup). Works pretty well if you stick to it. If you're just starting to use it for the first time use it every 3 days, then every 2, then every other, and then daily (if you want) so you don't aggravate your skin too badly."

Smith (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 20, 2018

For Acne: "I hate this product. I'm not sure if the instructions were clear, but it was not effective. In fact, I got a allergic reaction to it. I read over the labels and instructions but it didn't help. I used that product and it gave me burns and dry skin, and on top of it, my face was swollen and puffy. I personally disliked this, my face looks disgusting. I was extremely insecure so I wore a mask the whole day. I was felt repulsive and hid myself from the public. I understand that this product might've work for some people, but unfortunately, it didn't cope with me."

person (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2018

For Acne: "Moderate but constant acne since age 9. Currently 18. Only been using benzoyl peroxide/erythromycin topical for 8 days. Severely drying out my skin. Couldn't sleep some nights because my skin burned/itched so bad. Struggling even with moisturizer applied before applying this. Tried putting face sunscreen on but I don't think the medication works as well on top of it. Kind of stuck and don't know what to do or think. Just gonna try to be patient and stick it out."

irritated (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2018

For Acne: "The combination of medications are great and helps clear blemishes/pimples away. The only complaint is that it sometimes dries up white and looks bad, esp if your going outside. I like to wear makeup when I'm going out and Im not sure how the combination of foundation and these medications will pair. :("

Mel July 6, 2018

For Acne: "Used this medicine for acne, it wasn't for me. Too extreme for my face. Spironolactone helped degrease my skin and clean and clear each day is a better fit."

rlcourtney (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 5, 2018

For Acne: "I used this medication for a week and it severely dried out my face and made my face very red. You might think oh if she would have used it for longer it would've worked, no I put a very very thin amount on my face and it looked like I had put my face into a boiling grease pan. Will never use this again, not for me."

Madalyn B. (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2018

For Acne: "I Love, Love, Love this stuff! I’m 33 years old. I was diagnosed with cystic acne 2 years ago. Cystic acne started for me when I turned 30. For 3 years now my life has dramatically changed for the worse. Cystic acne is a lot different than the basic acne. I’ve seen so many doctors trying to find a “cure” it was a nightmare that I cannot wake up from. It caused me to go into a deep depression, I stopped going out in public. A friend I had known at the time for 9 months introduced me to Benzoyl gel 3%.! The first few times using it I saw immediate results. I couldn’t believe there was something out there ALL THIS TIME. You don’t have to feel like your life is over that there’s no hope for you because there is hope....it’s called Benzoyl "

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 3, 2018

Benzamycin (benzoyl peroxide / erythromycin) for Acne: "I had acne all of my and I am 60 years old. I came across this stuff 30 years ago and it's wonderful. Like the comments before me.......it does leave a white film on your face, but I apply it at night. When I do have a break out and dab a thicker amount on that area and in a two days it's dried up and gone. If you use this properly it's the best out there. Plus I feel it keeps my skin from aging. Since it does dry out your skin the aging spots pretty much fade out. I would seriously give this product a try since I can tell you that I did true everything out there. I hope this helps one person if not a lot more. Why have unwanted acne on your face and go thru life like that. A little pricy but it's your face where talking about."

60 year old woman September 21, 2017

For Acne: "My boyfriend took this and swears by it. I always beautiful skin like his, but in my early 30s (36 this month, ugh) I started having Break Outs!! Never had them in my life! Tried antibiotics once and it worked. Again, been on antibiotics for my kidneys and skin is clear for once. But, asked Dr anyway and she gave me this. In one day, by night now, skin is tight and feeling different. No cystic break out tonight. I can always feel it. I'm excited. I know what it did for him. Between us, have to give it ten stars regardless. It's so good he used to mix water in the empty container for one or two more uses. Good luck to me and you all. I know how frustrating and depressing bad skin can be. Never thought I would suffer this way. Def worth a try"

BeautifulAgain (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2017

For Acne: "I was prescribed this gel for a reaction to an antibiotic called Cirpoflaxacin that caused severe redness in my skin. I used it three times a day for five months and now have almost completely restored my skin back to its original clarity. I was taken off the gel after it was discovered I had psoriasis versus what doctors had initially diagnosed. Persistent usage of this antibotic is imperative for skin clarity. I noticed no improvement in my skin color/inflamatory symptoms until after a month of usage. My only complaint is that the gel was painful to apply. It stung like a bee sting every time I applied it, often times worse if my skin was really inflamed."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2017

For Acne: "I've been using this gel for about a month, along with Minocycline prescribed pills, and it works pretty good for me. I've had mild acne for about 4 years and nothing ever worked for my skin. This stuff really works for my skin, although it does make it dry because I already have dry skin. Very good progress in little time."

Kylah (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2017

Benzamycin (benzoyl peroxide / erythromycin) for Acne: "I have used this medicine two separate times for severe cystic acne. I never had a problem with acne until I was a nursing school student. This cleared up all my cystic pimples at that time. A few years later they returned when I stopped taking birth control. I got a prescription for Benzamycin again and they all cleared up once more. This product makes your skin somewhat dry but works wonderfully."

Anonymousetoo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 19, 2017

For Acne: "Was prescribed it for my diagnosed cystic acne that started out on the sides of my face. I used it for about 3 months and saw fantastic results and my face was so clear. Unfortunately I stopped using it because my prescription ran out, and not even 2 weeks after (now) it came back with a vengeance on my forehead/nose/everywhere else that isn't where my cystic acne first started (the sides of my face) now I am at a loss. I don't know if it's due to me stopping it abruptly, but that is my experience."

cystic acne user (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2017

For Acne: "I started using this two weeks ago and my skin is the clearest I've ever seen it. I have bad combination skin and I just put a thin layer on my problem areas before I went to bed. the only thing bad with it is that it does get flaky, but moisturizer clears it up"

acne kid (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2017

For Acne: "This medication is getting the job done for me. My skin tends to get pretty oily, which may be the reason this medication doesn't cause severely dry skin or flakes. Although it will bleach clothing and I woke up to a bleached pillowcase and sheets, I'm continuing use and just trying to apply the second dose earlier in the evening. This is my second time using this product, the first time I was never told it needed to be refrigerated and therefore I didn't get the results I wanted, it actually made my skin worse after a while. I'm still in my first week and this has already wiped out the majority of blackheads on my nose and the rest of my T-Zone. Be sure that your pharmacist mixes this correctly, as they didn't do this the first time either"

S. Beth February 26, 2017

For Acne: "I'm in the middle of doing this routine, I've been doing it for 1 week today and I've got to say its worked wonders for me! I had/have really bad acne and TONS of acne scars. My Dermatologist prescribed me this and I'm not kidding, I saw results after 1 day and right now I have the feeling my spots will be completely gone within the next couple weeks (not joking). The reason I gave it a 9 instead of a 10 is because it does make my skin very flaky sometimes, and especially when I have to go outside it does get kinda embarrassing. Other than that it doesn't irritate my skin and I can't wait till my acne goes away (crossed fingers) :)"

A Jack (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2017

For Acne: "I love love this. I have super sensitive skin. My face gets red just by washing and touching it and I have small bumps on my face. Every time I apply this every night it works really good, gets rid of the small bumps on my forehead and face and also really helps with my face redness. It always works so good that I stop using it but then I start breaking out again and always have to go back. But so far this is the only thing that has helped my skin"

Anonymous January 17, 2017

Benzamycin (benzoyl peroxide / erythromycin) for Acne: "Well if you use it properly, you should be ok I'm just an example of improper use and severe side effects I was a stupid 18/19 year old who mentally freaked out, used way too much. I've had severely burnt skin & redness the last 17 years now. Quite the cross to carry. Wish I never came across it (only had minor acne anyways) but to the medicine's credit, I did misuse it"

Scootah Wootah January 4, 2017

For Acne: "I've been using 2% erythromycin gel along with Skin Medica acne lotion (benzoyl peroxide) for a few months. I apply every other day to my entire face, neck and chest. I'm in my mid 30s yet my skin still thinks I'm in my teens! So annoying! I have very sensitive skin and this doesn't irritate it, or make it red/flakey. I do use a good moisturizer daily... so I'm sure that helps. Before trying the topical gel, I had tried many other treatments and none seemed to work as well. I still get the occasional pimple, but before using this medication I would get 3-4 new pimples a day. I can handle one every so often! Fingers crossed it keeps working!"

Nicolelondon (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 18, 2016

For Acne: "I developed cystic acne, I'm guessing as a result of hormones, stress, and genetics. My doctor and I changed what we were using during the second visit, since we were doing some trial and error (figuring out what works). Since my skin is not sensitive, we went from a combination of doxycycline, tretinoin, and clyndimicine (idk how to spell it) to a combination of tretinoin of higher strength, erythromycin/BP gel, and minocycline. My skin has cleared up in a matter of 2 months with the occasional pimples and some acne scarring. My only complaint with the erythromycin/BP is that it makes your skin super tight, reacts awful with chlorine (pools), and makes it difficult to put makeup on overtop."

Sabrina L (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2016

For Acne: "I just got prescribed thos today. I am very excited to start. It all started last year in Feb. My face got covered little bumbs and I was acne/bumps free before. Never had one. So, i was scared and went to my doc and tha same day all the bumps on face swolled up. Well, that was an allergy, was given meds and went away. They all came back again this year but now its not allergies but acne. My doctor prescribed this. Its firat day of using but one of my friends had moderate acne before and her face is all cleared up now but she was given this gel as well. Will update when I see the results. I really hope it works and that acne never comes back as everyone has mentioned that it came back. Can't fight with this all my life."

Vi0202 April 22, 2016

For Acne: "I had flawless skin until 7 months ago both of my cheeks are filled with small pimples. they left behind scars , I have a few active pimples now.. today is April 6th 2016 - I just got prescribed to this medication . Today is the second day Im taking doxicyline as well . I was prescribe those pills and this cream. I will be updating my results soon."

Alana592 April 7, 2016

For Acne: "Started about a month ago. I have had mild acne for years. This product works amazingly. I only apply before I go to sleep. I found twice in a day was to much, and made my face red / sensitive. When that happens I give it a day or two to heal and flake. Let me tell you after it flakes and heals your skin looks great. I continue to apply before bed. This routine has cleared my acne. One of the only products I have found to actually work. Here's a tip. Make sure to rub into your skin thoroughly."

danlolol February 23, 2016