User Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide/erythromycin topical (Page 2)

Also known as: Benzamycin, Aktipak, Benzamycin Pak

Acne 7.6

Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide/erythromycin topical

acne kid · Taken for less than 1 month February 27, 2017

For Acne: “I started using this two weeks ago and my skin is the clearest I've ever seen it. I have bad combination skin and I just put a thin layer on my problem areas before I went to bed. the only thing bad with it is that it does get flaky, but moisturizer clears it up”

S. Beth February 26, 2017

For Acne: “This medication is getting the job done for me. My skin tends to get pretty oily, which may be the reason this medication doesn't cause severely dry skin or flakes. Although it will bleach clothing and I woke up to a bleached pillowcase and sheets, I'm continuing use and just trying to apply the second dose earlier in the evening. This is my second time using this product, the first time I was never told it needed to be refrigerated and therefore I didn't get the results I wanted, it actually made my skin worse after a while. I'm still in my first week and this has already wiped out the majority of blackheads on my nose and the rest of my T-Zone. Be sure that your pharmacist mixes this correctly, as they didn't do this the first time either”

A Jack · Taken for less than 1 month February 3, 2017

For Acne: “I'm in the middle of doing this routine, I've been doing it for 1 week today and I've got to say its worked wonders for me! I had/have really bad acne and TONS of acne scars. My Dermatologist prescribed me this and I'm not kidding, I saw results after 1 day and right now I have the feeling my spots will be completely gone within the next couple weeks (not joking). The reason I gave it a 9 instead of a 10 is because it does make my skin very flaky sometimes, and especially when I have to go outside it does get kinda embarrassing. Other than that it doesn't irritate my skin and I can't wait till my acne goes away (crossed fingers) :)”

Anonymous January 17, 2017

For Acne: “I love love this. I have super sensitive skin. My face gets red just by washing and touching it and I have small bumps on my face. Every time I apply this every night it works really good, gets rid of the small bumps on my forehead and face and also really helps with my face redness. It always works so good that I stop using it but then I start breaking out again and always have to go back. But so far this is the only thing that has helped my skin”

Scootah Wootah January 4, 2017

Benzamycin (benzoyl peroxide / erythromycin) for Acne: “Well if you use it properly, you should be ok I'm just an example of improper use and severe side effects I was a stupid 18/19 year old who mentally freaked out, used way too much. I've had severely burnt skin & redness the last 17 years now. Quite the cross to carry. Wish I never came across it (only had minor acne anyways) but to the medicine's credit, I did misuse it”

Nicolelondon · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 18, 2016

For Acne: “I've been using 2% erythromycin gel along with Skin Medica acne lotion (benzoyl peroxide) for a few months. I apply every other day to my entire face, neck and chest. I'm in my mid 30s yet my skin still thinks I'm in my teens! So annoying! I have very sensitive skin and this doesn't irritate it, or make it red/flakey. I do use a good moisturizer daily... so I'm sure that helps. Before trying the topical gel, I had tried many other treatments and none seemed to work as well. I still get the occasional pimple, but before using this medication I would get 3-4 new pimples a day. I can handle one every so often! Fingers crossed it keeps working!”

Sabrina L · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 15, 2016

For Acne: “I developed cystic acne, I'm guessing as a result of hormones, stress, and genetics. My doctor and I changed what we were using during the second visit, since we were doing some trial and error (figuring out what works). Since my skin is not sensitive, we went from a combination of doxycycline, tretinoin, and clyndimicine (idk how to spell it) to a combination of tretinoin of higher strength, erythromycin/BP gel, and minocycline. My skin has cleared up in a matter of 2 months with the occasional pimples and some acne scarring. My only complaint with the erythromycin/BP is that it makes your skin super tight, reacts awful with chlorine (pools), and makes it difficult to put makeup on overtop.”

Vi0202 April 22, 2016

For Acne: “I just got prescribed thos today. I am very excited to start. It all started last year in Feb. My face got covered little bumbs and I was acne/bumps free before. Never had one. So, i was scared and went to my doc and tha same day all the bumps on face swolled up. Well, that was an allergy, was given meds and went away. They all came back again this year but now its not allergies but acne. My doctor prescribed this. Its firat day of using but one of my friends had moderate acne before and her face is all cleared up now but she was given this gel as well. Will update when I see the results. I really hope it works and that acne never comes back as everyone has mentioned that it came back. Can't fight with this all my life.”

Alana592 April 7, 2016

For Acne: “I had flawless skin until 7 months ago both of my cheeks are filled with small pimples. they left behind scars , I have a few active pimples now.. today is April 6th 2016 - I just got prescribed to this medication . Today is the second day Im taking doxicyline as well . I was prescribe those pills and this cream. I will be updating my results soon.”

danlolol February 23, 2016

For Acne: “Started about a month ago. I have had mild acne for years. This product works amazingly. I only apply before I go to sleep. I found twice in a day was to much, and made my face red / sensitive. When that happens I give it a day or two to heal and flake. Let me tell you after it flakes and heals your skin looks great. I continue to apply before bed. This routine has cleared my acne. One of the only products I have found to actually work. Here's a tip. Make sure to rub into your skin thoroughly.”

awsedrftgyhuj October 9, 2015

For Acne: “Okay, so I have never really had "cystic" acne. However, I have had severe acne on my back since I was 12 years old, I am now 21. When I was 14, I went to my dermatologist and he immediately had me put on accutane. I was on accutane for about 6 months. And yes, it completely cleared my skin. However about three months later it all came back. Ever since then I have been on the benzoyl peroxide/erythromycin on and off. Tried epiduo, nothing. As I now have acne worse than ever, all over my neck and let me tell you I scar SO easily. Every pimple leaves a scar. All over my neck now and also on my back from many years. I am currently using it and PanOxyl 10% benzoyl peroxide face wash and it is working good, but am extremely dry and flakey!”

Mbcdaisy September 16, 2015

For Acne: “Disclaimer: If you have moderate acne, this is perfect for you. If your acne is severe, I'd look into something a little stronger. I started using this about a month ago. I had moderate acne in several parts of my face that just didn't seem to want to go away. I started applying this to my ENTIRE face, and soon realized that was a mistake. Please only apply it to your problem areas. This stuff will dry your face like you've been dipped in batter and fried. Another thing: do not put if around your eyes. Apply like you're wearing big sunglasses. I got some in one eye, and my upper eyelid swole super huge and my eye has been crusty for days. All in all, this is A for mild to moderate acne. Remember that it takes time!”

Chrissy B from Philly August 4, 2015

For Acne: “I've only been on the product for about a week but I can see the amazing results I am so impressed. I have had moderate to sever acne since high school and I am not 27. Recently I got off depo and my skin went haywire but this has tamed all of my acne, no new breakout and the dark spots are gradually lightening, it has even helped with my extremely oily skin.”

Vera Lee July 6, 2015

For Acne: “I got this about half through my sophomore year because everything I used never got rid of my acne. I just asked my doctor and she prescribed me whatever she thought was best. Took about 2 weeks to start working, then boom my acne was gone. I occasionally got black heads but nothing like before. I was so happy. I started getting rid of most of my acne scars with fade cream since I had no acne anymore. But as of a few months ago (over a year of using it) it stopped working. I use it as I usually would, but acne is coming back. I guess my skin is now immune to it/built a tolerance, so it kind of sucks. Now I have to go back and get a difference topical gel, but hey this was a miracle while it lasted.”

ryss · Taken for less than 1 month March 12, 2015

For Acne: “i just started this a few days ago. I am newly 17 years old, and I've had acne for four years mild/moderate. I tried epidou for a year and it never really worked good when it was most "effective" so i decided to go back to the dermo and he prescribed me this medication i apply it twice a day on my whole face,chest,and back and I've seen improvement already my skin is purging but i see my face clearing day by day. I am less oily i feel. i typically have bad acne on my chin and forehead and its already clearing...im excited to see my face clear completely!”

Kitty3938 February 7, 2015

For Acne: “Today is my third day of using this product. I apply it twice a day, and then I apply my moisturizer. I can already see a huge difference in my skin, and I love it!!! My pimples have healed, my blackheads are drying up, and my pores are shrinking. Considering the short period I have used this product, I have had great results!! On top of that I only paid $2 out if pocket. Quick tip: only apply a small amount to problem areas, and gently go over it with a moist cloth to completely rub it in because it is thick paste that will not rub all the way in by itself. Good luck!”

Tori94 August 19, 2014

For Acne: “This will make your skin COMPLETELY clear.”

iginlalover · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 1, 2014

Benzamycin (benzoyl peroxide / erythromycin) for Acne: “This is my second time using the Benzamycin gel. I would have to say that while it worked great when used properly, it did not get rid of my acne for good. It took about a month to start to see real results. The results lasted for about 1-2 months after I stopped taking the medication. Sadly my acne slowly started returning. I am now waiting to see a dermatologist to start Accutane.”

Lucia Irie October 21, 2013

For Acne: “Love it!”

Bunnylover16 September 9, 2013

For Acne: “I got this about 2 weeks ago, and it works amazingly. My acne is completely gone. Only thing is if you miss a treatment your acne will come back right away. You have to be very committed”

Danidee · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 24, 2013

Benzamycin (benzoyl peroxide / erythromycin) for Acne: “This dried up pimples fast. I have moderate acne and within the first week my face had practically dried up. I was excited and loved it. It does leave a white pasty looking film on your face but I used it at night. For 3 months I used it every other night to keep everything at bay. However doctor said it worked so well, they took me off and gave me Differen. Now back to breakouts all over my face and really oily. Can't wait to go back and beg for this again.”

Anonymous August 4, 2012

For Acne: “I been using this for about a year. I am 15 and it works really well. My doctor prescribed this to me last year and After about a week I wasn't seeing any results, and like any other 14 year old kid would do, I used it like every other day because I was lazy and frustrated. Then after a while I committed to it and then my skin finally cleared! Best feeling ever! But I ran out of refills and I'm starting to breakout again.”

headtripp March 29, 2012

For Acne: “After extreme acne that would not go away with anything I tried ..my doc gave me this. Got worse at first and then once healing began, my skin was 100% clear. Few cons...must take everyday or ache comes back hard, cost and bleaches hair/ clothing.”

Caydran August 23, 2010

For Acne: “I've been using this product for about a week now and it's amazing. I cover my forehead and chin with a little of it before I go to bed and it seems to be working pretty well so far. I had about 5-8 pimples before I started using it, and now I have none! I recommend this product. I also use a coat of Differin before I put this on. It's made to reduce inflammation and the swelling of pimples.”

Anonymous January 18, 2010

For Acne: “I have been using this product for almost two months now and I have been pleased with the results. It hasn't got rid of my acne completely but it's way better than it was before. But now I have TWO pimples and the medication hasn't done a damn thing.”