User Reviews for Duac

Acne
7.6

Summary of Duac reviews 7.5 196 reviews

Reviews for Duac

For Acne "I have never experienced having bad skin, I usually get the occasional hormonal spot. However, around April time I started getting loads more spots. I wouldn’t say it was severe acne, but it brought down my self esteem and confidence soo much. I’m 23 and should not be getting outbursts like I did. I tried sooo many over the counter products like tea tree oil, sudocrem, clean and clear etc and nothing worked. My friend recommended duac to me and it’s literally changed my life so much. I have really resilient skin, so haven’t experienced any dryness, burning or tightening etc...all it has done is clear up 90% of my spots in a month! I’ve just got another tube from my doctor, but this time the 5% to help tackle the more difficult ones on my chin that won’t budge! Over all, duac has helped bring my confidence back!!!"

Chloe (taken for less than 1 month) September 6, 2018

For Acne "I used this cream for 3 nights and for the past 72 hours my face has been red, extremely dry, very tight and I’ve had a painful burning sensation and my face can’t seem to cool down whatsoever. For the dryness, I tried a very small amount of moisturiser on an area of my face and it just burned and stung more :("

Hamiltonfan (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2018

For Acne "I've been putting up with acne for 3 years and now have been using this product for a few months and for me it's the best solution to clear up my skin. I can also recommend Acnecide gel which you don't have to get from the doctor but it doesn't have antibiotic in it like Duac does so isn't as strong, it still works though. I put my gel on and follow it up with and oil free moisturiser so it isn't dry and I do this for my face, chest and back. Incredible results I'm so much more confident and never thought I had any hope of my skin clearing up. The only thing is you have to persist with it, I waited about a week for my doctor prescription to deliver to the pharmacy near me and my skin got bad again within that time but not as bad as it had been before."

Phoenix (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 23, 2018

For Acne "I have always had oily skin, but I've never had acne before - not even as a teen. However, over the last few months, I developed a persistent rash on one side of my face. I also had painful non puss filled spots and my skin looked terrible! (Upon reflection, I think it was my use of Apple Cider Vinegar) anyway, nothing worked. I went to the doctor and he prescribed Duac. I have used it ONCE and I can already see/feel the difference. I had a brown pimple/skin tag and that's more or less halved overnight. The other spots that I had are also less painful. I'm so excited to see what my skin will look like after 2 weeks (I've been told to use it for this long)."

Tenaji (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2018

For Acne "I have chronic kidneys disease and get some really sore spots. I've had many different treatments and this has got to by up there with the best."

Sazs (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2018

For Acne "I’ve been using this product for only 3 days and I’m shocked to see my skin already improving."

Princess (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2018

For Acne "I've been using duac gel for close to a month now. I have read reviews about this product but it seems my case is different. I did not experience any form of dryness or itch or redness. I just hope it works without these horrible experience. Although my face is clearing little by little apart from the new ones coming out. I hope to comment with a better testimony next time."

olly (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2018

For Acne "Omg this is the best thing ever! I tried absolutely everything for my pimples and marks. This is the one thing that has stopped my pimples from appearing and also fading away my marks. Honestly I love this product so much. I definitely recommend. I also saw the results within 1 week of using it. But can’t wait for more weeks to see results"

Lisa (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2018

For Acne "I started to get spots for 2 months. I tried everything to get rid off it but nothing helped and it got worse (I only had it on my forehead). The doctor gave me duac and at first it didn't work and then it went red and starting to sting it's now my 6th and my acne has gone flat but is brown and peeling . I peeled some and it's gone I am so amazed by it and I can't wait for my skin to get better inshallah ."

Maymah July 3, 2018

For Acne "I loved this product! worked really well after about 1 1/2 months of constant use. Only downfall is that it's not a permanent solution. As soon as you stop using it your skin goes back to the way it was and you have to get another prescription to get more from the doctor. Also it dried out my skin a little, nothing daily moisturiser can't fix though."

Ace June 18, 2018

For Acne "I was starting to get really bad breakouts all over my face and I started to get really down about it, every day I would wake up with a new spot and this ranged from blackhead, whiteheads to painful under the skin spots. I went to my doctor to ask for help clearing my skin up and he gave me duac gel. In one word - AMAZING! I realise this may not work for everyone but it certainly has for me, I cut out using all of the other products I was using and applied duac to any problem areas, it took a week or so to really see the results but my skin is the clearest it has been in a long time and I have my confidence back! It can cause slight dryness/peeling but if you put E45 cream on these areas before bed it keeps skin smooth and fixes this! I hope it works for everyone the way it worked for me :)"

Shan (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2018

For Acne "I have been using Duac for about 2 years now because I have suffered from very bad acne. It has definitely had a positive effect and I have actually had no irritation from it at all. Acne does not go away completely but it definitely improves it. I have a few friends that have been on it and it works for them too but as soon as you stop using it, you will see acne beginning to get worse again."

Missy C June 6, 2018

For Acne "I developed adult acne at 21 years old. Now at 28 I’ve been through 4 different products before being given Duac. It’s AMAZING. I’ve been using it 10 days and my skin is FLAWLESS."

Aine (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2018

For Acne "Patience is key. I have oily/combination skin and I have been using this for 4 months and my skin is slowly improving. At the start it did make my skin go red and itchy (I still get the itchiness from time to time now) but I goes down and I saw results after 2 months. My acne hasn't completely gone away but my skins texture has improved and my past spots have gone. I replace my cream every 2 months as otherwise it expires and loses its effect. If you use this remember you won't see major result in a day, or a week it will take time and hopefully its worth it and its works for you but it might not work for everyone."

Cam (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 16, 2018

For Acne "I've had acne for around 7 months now and it's on my forehead and mouth area. I got prescribed duac by my doctor on Monday, so I've been using it for around 6 days now ( I apply it once at night). It's helped at making my spots flat and calming any redness. However, I've got a dry patch on the bottom of my mouth, which looks like the first layer of skin has been burnt or peeled, it's red and extremely itchy. It's only been a few days though so I'm hoping this goes away and it helps my skin. Try being patient as its said to work around 4-6 weeks in."

Idk (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2018

For Acne "I used this duac gel only once and it left my skin red raw and itchy as well as dry.. I am so worried. Will it ever go back to how it used to be. I much preferred my acne than this burnt skin :("

Romi April 9, 2018

For Acne "Post no 2. Patience is key my loves. And now more than a year of using it every day my skin is completely clear. I have tiny scars which are almost gone but from standing distance they are barely visible. I’m gonna start using it 2/3 times a week now because it does make my skin peel (not noticeably, I only realised when I use fake tan because it comes off quickly in the places I use duac) and it’s making me pale as anything SOOO in conclusion. Stay lit and happy and just be patient. Stress is your no1 enemy just stay calm. Ps I hardly ever where face makeup anymore, I only where concealer under my eyes and a bita brows and I thats definitely helped. Wearing full coverage foundation every day was one of the worst things for my skin. Also I don’t know if this actually helped or not but around the time my skin started improving for real I only drank water and green tea. Very rarely anything else). Sorry this post is long but I know ya wanna as I've been in ya shoes. ;)"

Carriemilston April 4, 2018

For Acne "I've never had bad acne on my face but I got some inflammation on my shoulders. As I got older, it started to fix itself but wanted something to help it along a little. I went to the doctor's and was prescribed Duac. Due to my pale skin, I was given a slightly weaker version of the gel. As expected, I had dry and itchy skin but it passed. My shoulders became clearer but I noticed that my face hadn't improved at all, it seemed to have gotten worse. It caused me to have a breakout on my chin that, two weeks on, still hasn't cleared up. I only apply it to my cheeks and chin but noticed that I was getting small red lumps on my forehead. My skin has turned really red and it seems like the irritation that you experience when you first start using this gel has returned. I have read the reviews and comments here saying that people could see improvements within several weeks to a month but I've seen no change and it appears as though I'm just wasting my breath with this product."

Alyssa (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 31, 2018

For Acne "Severe allergic reaction to this cream after applying two days red lumps thousands all over area where cream applied, not happy with this cream would never use it again"

RG (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2018

For Acne "Duac cleared my skin! I suffered with mild acne so I cannot say what it will do for more severe acne but in my opinion its worth trying. Duac is the only thing I’ve found that clears my closed comedones and whiteheads and gets rid of blackheads. Lots of people give duac a bad name due to the side effects but if you persevere through them you will most likely see great results! I did suffer from the side effects fairly badly, I had a rash/burn on my cheeks and chin, had dry skin all over and also got a rash on my neck despite not applying duac to it. My advice with duac is to slowly incorporate it into your skin care routine to allow your skin to adapt to it. Also, use a very hydrating moisturiser (even if you have oily skin) twice a day. Oh and don’t put it on any clear areas of skin or you’ll have unnecessary dryness and irritation."

pip3303 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2018

For Acne "This gel is really really good when trying to clear spots! I have always had really bad acne and this gel had changed my life since I had been prescribed it from my doctor! I noticed a difference after a month and it also prevents new spots from coming! Would highly recommend "

Sophiek1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 4, 2018

For Acne "Before trying Duac I had tried loads of expensive serums, creams, gels, rollers, diets to no avail. I finally saw my GP 3 weeks ago and she prescribed me a combined treatment of Duac gel and doxycycline. Initially the Duac caused a burning effect, this lasted for about a week. It literally felt and looked like it was burning the top layer of my skin off. I pushed on having read that this was common and not a reaction, heading into week two I started to get excited! Patches of my skin were already starting to clear up and the burning and flaking wasn’t as bad. Week 3 and my skin looks amazing! I have a couple of teeny spots but not pus filled and my skin is so smooth, even, non greasy and glowing!! I swear it looks like it did when I was 20!! I am blown away! My chest is almost clear, my back is getting there. I’m just so happy with the results so far. My advise to people starting out is to push through that initial horrible part because it’s sooooo worth it. Good luck everyone."

Steph1212 (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2018

For Acne "Have only given Duac an 8/10 as I’ve only been using for a week but I have already noticed such a difference. My skin feels so smooth and haven’t had any new breakouts whatsoever! Fingers crossed it continues to work!"

Amy1993 (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2018

For Acne "I've had bad skin since I was 11 and I'd been using duac on and off since I was 15, but never correctly. At the age of 19 I decided to give it another go. I started using it in Nov 17 and I saw fantastic results by January. Like many other users here, I did experience some side effects such as my eyes puffing up a bit, itching and really dry skin. I told my doctor, who told me to continue using it daily but to apply moisturiser frequently. Although my skin stayed dry, after a couple of nights of wearing the duac all the other side effects went away and never returned throughout the course of using it. I finished after 12 weeks as prescribed. Although I still had visible acne scars from the previous 8 years, I had no spots and no blackheads. It worked perfectly! The only problem was, 2 weeks after not using it my skin is back to normal, if not worse. Although it does work fantastically, it seems to have short term results - at least for my skin type anyway."

Bernie February 28, 2018

For Acne "This was great for my blackheads for the first few months that I used it. Really smoothed out my skin, got rid of blemishes, and even helped prevent breakouts (and if I did get something, it dramatically reduced how bad it was and how long it lasted). Then all of a sudden, it started making my face red. Not itchy or dry (kind of shiny actually), but very red. My dermatologist told me to try using it every other night instead of every night. But still, whenever I'd apply it, I'd wake up the next day so red, and it would be like that for a full day, sometimes two days. I kept trying to reduce the frequency of use, but every time I use it now I just get completely red. Not sure what the deal is, but it no longer feels worth it. A shame though, since it was great when it was working."

askdlfjsaklfdjslf February 18, 2018