User Reviews for Duac

Acne   7.4

Reviews for Duac

User420 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 9, 2021

For Acne: “So I’ve been on the Duac cream for around 8 weeks now and it started working well after 2/3 weeks but unfortunately my skin broke out at about 4/5 weeks and now on my 8th week it’s starting to improve because it’s finished purging. I suggest people should stick with the cream because it’s normal to purge after a month of the cream but on the 7-8th week it should start to get better and hopefully I will have significantly clearer skin by the 10-12th week. I also experienced really dry skin, redness and because I didn't put the cream on my moustache area by mistake it looked horrible as my cheeks and everything was red and that area was milk white so make sure you use the cream everywhere on your face if you want your face to be the same color all over .”

MSY · Taken for less than 1 month January 3, 2021

For Acne: “TERRIBLE CREAM! before DUAC, I didn’t have textured skin, fine lines, pore issues, no dryness. I could use anything without it clogged pores/causing acne. However, I do struggle with minor breakouts on my forehead/cheeks. My skin is fine most months but acts up so I was put on Zinerty. Zinerty is good but spots would always reappear. When I first started using Duac, I broke out, tiny little spots ALL OVER MY FACE. I didn’t get much help from the doctors either. My skin hasn’t been the same since, I've noticed tiny fine lines near the corners of my forehead, textured skin something which I didn’t have before, dry, and overall not the same. I used to break out and the scars would fall off, marks would go by themselves but now, I have scars, marks etc. PLEASE be careful. If you’re suffering with minor breakouts not full blown acne, look into things before you decide to go ahead with DUAC.”

Natty · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 29, 2020

For Acne: “I started using duac gel in November 2018. It worked instantly for me and all of my spots had completely vanished within a week. I used it every night and it worked perfectly for me for over a year! However, it stopped working in June 2020 for me, and hasn’t worked since. I tried new bottles to see whether one was faulty or expired but it just isn’t effective anymore and my acne has sadly come back. Definitely worth trying however I think the skin must get used to the gel and over time it can become ineffective.”

Nick · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 26, 2020

For Acne: “Been on this almost a month and getting worse and worse acne each week with no signs of improvement...waste of time and money.”

Ellie · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 24, 2020

For Acne: “It’s been 4 weeks now since I started using and my skin has purged/broken out like crazy and looks so much worse than before I started using it. Going to persevere and hope that it clears up as I’m still breaking out but it feels pointless as it’s now given me bad scarring that I wouldn’t have gotten before I went on this. I almost regret using it at all :( fingers crossed it gets better in the long term.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month December 17, 2020

For Acne: “Great! I love it. I’ve only been using this medication for about a week and a bit but I can really see the difference. My doctor prescribed me this medication and I was a bit worried about using this “unknown” cream. But this proved me wrong! Very effective. 10/10. Would give a 100/10 if possible haha.”

Kick · Taken for less than 1 month December 15, 2020

For Acne: “Been on this for around 2 weeks and all it’s done is make my acne worse, now have double the acne, worst part about it I had to pay £45 for this 60g tube..basically paying for more acne..don’t bother.”

Jack · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 26, 2020

For Acne: “I have used duac for 2 months. I have previously used epiduo and experienced bad burning but that was not the case for duac! The drug had minimal effect for the first month but it is now noticeably clearing my acne. Side effects were very minimal and I am now less depressed and have less pimples. I do still have a few pimples. However I am very pleased with results so far.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 3, 2020

For Acne: “Gave me a bad rash on my face, acne was really red and my face felt like I had 100 little ants crawling all over it. The itch was so bad I wanted to tear my face off.”

Xx June 7, 2020

For Acne: “I have been prescribed Duac TWO weeks ago and so far so good I’ve tried everything epiduo forte (made my skin purge burn and took so much skin off) I’ve also been on the dretine combined pill oxtrecycline and after this cream (3 weeks of use) I have found a massive massive different I used cetaphil cleanser and light hydrating day cream and have had no side effects I hope this is the end for me !!! If this works for the foreseeable future I would give it 10* ”

Duac Review · Taken for less than 1 month May 2, 2020

For Acne: “I was prescribed Duac gel by my doctor and it definitely did not work. I get the hormonal pimple here and there, and I generally have really good skin. However, after I used the duac gel, my face broke out a week later. I now have painful, cystic acne that is getting worse everyday. My doctor said it was a reaction to the cream and to stop immediately. Still waiting to see any signs of improvement after a week of not using.”

Michelle · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 24, 2020

For Acne: “I've had acne since I was 10. It got worse (not severe but more than mild) through high school, so by the time I hit 18 (and it wasn't showing any signs of disappearing) I was proper fed up. I got an infected pimple on my cheek last year, and it swelled up to my eye. I finally went to a GP to sort out the big'un, and get something for the rest while he was at it. He gave me some oral antibiotics for the infection and prescribed Duac for the rest of it. Generally, my skin is fairly oily and not sensitive at all, so Duac didn't make my skin red or peel. I know it's worse for a lot of people, but for me it's like a harmless magic cream. My horrible skin is at once-a-week small pimple level now, after 3 months.”

Elisa · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 6, 2020

For Acne: “When I was a teenager and my acne was more mild - moderate. This was my absolute favourite prescription topical to use it wasn't overly harsh and would clear my acne substantially and quickly with no initial break out. But now my acne has unfortunately evolved into adult acne which is a lot more inflammatory and under the skin this product is not strong enough to address problem”

Meego92 January 3, 2020

For Acne: “So I've always had big painful cysts and small pimples. I turned 27 and thought I've had enough, if I haven't grown out of this now I never will, so went to my GP and got Duac. I started using it every morning and evening, a light layer on my face in Nov, Its now Jan and I have never had such perfect skin. Ever. I love this product, changed my life. There are some side effects at the beginning but honestly just be patient. I got SUPER dry red skin around my mouth and chin for 2 weeks, and the acne didn't go for a month. Its a bit of a tough time as you're sore from spots as well as dryness but just trust the process! I switched my moisturizer to bio oil gel, which is ok to use on the face, and it helps to reduce spot scars and discoloration. It is a heavy duty moisturizer but you need it especially to begin with. Everyone in my life keeps commenting how fresh my skin looks. Only regret is I didn't use it sooner. Honestly, don't waste any time go get this stuff. Xx”

Sam · Taken for less than 1 month January 1, 2020

For Acne: “I have had acne around chin and jaw area for a few years. Really started to get me down. Tried Duac and just a few days in I saw the the redness was reduced. I've now been using for about 1 month and it has gotten rid of all of the big spots I had under the skin and has even helped with the scarring. I still have a few small spots at the surface but it has improved a lot. I did get some dryness at the start but this was solved with a very gentle and light moisturiser and was not a problem for me. I will continue using this as I am happy with the results and hoping I will see more improvement as I continue. I would recommend for anyone struggling with acne, it hasn’t completely gotten rid of all my spots but has reduced them dramatically.”

Kitty · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 18, 2019

For Acne: “Reviewed about 6 months ago as at first severely dried and irritated my skin but persevere - your skin will get used to it and it’s cleared my skin - very happy”

Ella November 26, 2019

For Acne: “As a teenager I suffered from small acne spots that got worse. I didn’t cleanse my face well and was doing all the wrong things. But when I finally went to my GP she said maybe try Duac for a bit and see how it works, I then waited patiently and after a month most of my spots were gone! I also went to see a dermatologist and she told me what my skin type was and how to clean my skin properly, to keep it healthy (although it’s expensive it’s worth it) getting to know my skin was the key to fighting acne. Like most people, Duac dried my skin especially under my eyes and my smile lines. However if you are using Duac to clear forehead spots it’s perfect as I experienced absolutely NO dryness on my forehead and it’s stayed smooth and shiny :) I love Duac and will continue to use it as I’m afraid the hormones inside my contraceptive pill may make the spots come back!”

P · Taken for less than 1 month November 13, 2019

For Acne: “If I could I would give Duac a zero rating I would. Do not use if you have sensitive skin!! I only applied it twice on my acne and it completely burned my skin, I had extremely painful red rash on my face for 3 days. Now on the 5th day after using it, my skin is extremely dry and scaly to the point I can't open my mouth properly or laugh because I'm scared it's gonna split and get infected. It is the worst experience ever. In agony with my face for 5 days. Hoping it will get better soon.”

Midori · Taken for less than 1 month November 6, 2019

For Acne: “I used Duac for 3 nights and although my acne has greatly reduced I have huge red patches that feel like burns on my face. I only applied it onto the spots but the soreness and redness has spread out. My skin is too sensitive to even dry my face with a towel. I have been advised to moisturise as much as possible which I have been for the last 3 days but have seen little improvement - fingers crossed!”

happy · Taken for less than 1 month October 2, 2019

For Acne: “I've only been on this for around two weeks, my acne has improved drastically, the only thing that has helped it so far! Since I was on a pharmacy bought acne cream before this, my face has built up a tolerance and I don't suffer from any of the side effects. One thing I would say is just to be patient in the first few days as you won't see a result immediately.”

mmary September 26, 2019

For Acne: “For those of talking about dry skin (particulary sillylilly) , I had this issue too, it was so bad that my skin was flaking and peeling and it hurt to even touch it! After a lot of research I found that: you need to avoid any areas where the skin is especially thin so around and under the eyes nose and mouth, you can use something like vaseline /pawpaw/aquaphor and apply it to those areas as a barrier. ”

Praj · Taken for less than 1 month September 13, 2019

For Acne: “Awesome Product.”

Sillylilly · Taken for less than 1 month September 12, 2019

For Acne: “I'm only on Duac a week and so far my acne spots are drying out but the down side my skin feels stingy and looks more red, even putting on moisturiser it makes my skin sting more. Also I'm 38, I have acne and get boils on my back still and on my face since I've been 15. It is safe to say I'm quite sick of them,”

Ivan · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 14, 2019

For Acne: “Duac has cleaned all teen-pimples on face but it doesn't help with cystic-acne issues. I still have painful and big acne on nose, and this doesn't help! From what I've seen, Accutane is what I will end on :(”

Paz · Taken for less than 1 month August 12, 2019

For Acne: “I went to my dr after dealing with on going hormonal acne since stopping birth control. Baring in mind I have tried absolutely everything to help it naturally, this was my last resort. I was really sceptical as I know my acne doesn't really respond well to acne treatments. I was surprised, a day after using it my skin looked so much better. It doesn't excessively dry out my skin like other acne treatments and it actually keeps the acne away. So happy I have it!”