User Reviews for Duac

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Duac.

Acne
7.6

Summary of Duac reviews 7.6 170 reviews

Reviews for Duac

For Acne "I started using this cream about 2 weeks ago - the first few days were fantastic and it cleared up my spots straight away. However after about a week my skin became very red, dry and incredibly itchy. I stopped using it about 3 days ago however my skin is still very red and itchy around my chin and jawline. It has cleared up the spots for now, however the constant itching is not worth it. I won’t be going back to it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I have used duac for 6 months my skin was clear as day using it daily. Now I’ve had an allergic reaction I can’t use it anymore and acne is straight back to how it was. Not a cure but amazing product if used daily - takes about 1 month to kick in and wok"

Bgrayyyy November 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Just want to start by stating my skin type..I get bad breakouts & that's why I am on Duac. I'd say I have "normal"skin as it doesn't tend to be dry or oily. I would describe my acne as not extremely severe, it can flare up pretty bad & when it's at it's worst, it can sometimes actually hurt *To the point* I'm on this product a few months now. After about a month or so I THOUGHT it was working, but my breakouts are still happening just as bad, it does not prevent them at all!! Now, I've a bad breakout for the past week & a half and it hasn't helped all that much. I use Duac at night time because I find that's what suits me best..I have a strict night time routine..I cleanse, moisturise and then apply my Duac. It flakes so bad!! Will be discontinuing."

justanothergal98 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I've always suffered with acne however following two roaccutane treatments and Epiduo (which was amazing!!) for two years it was well under control....until Epiduo stopped working. After a huge hormonal breakout on my 30th birthday I was at my wits end thinking acne had come back full force. I researched Isotrex gel and had high hopes but it didn't work at all after 11 weeks I realised I needed something else. Less than 8 days ago I went to my GP requesting Duac - since I put this on my face I haven't had a single spot and my skin looks how it used to do. No new spots, no daily whiteheads and no red peeling face! It's completely clear. This is the first time in 4 months that I dare go out the house without makeup! Please give it a try"

amyjow123 November 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "After taking antibiotics for several years I decided that this was no longer a healthy long term option. After stopping antibiotics my acne came back as bad as ever. I decided to start applying Duac gel and have been doing for several months now. After an initial flare up that did eventually die down I have seen absolutely no improvement to my skin. Both cystic and minor pimples still appear regularly to the same degree as they did before. Very disappointed as I'm willing to give all of my non antibiotic options"

Jessstar573 November 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "The first time I used Duac it was very effective, no irritation or symptoms after using it but a bit dry on affected areas. After a while I stopped using it as my skin was fine, when my acne came back I began to use it again after about two weeks. The morning after applying it my skin came out in large red blotches around affected areas, and it burned, was extremely itchy and it was dry. I have tried to using it now again since a month of not using it again and the same has happened, won’t be using this product again."

DearbhlaQ November 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "This is amazing! I would say I have moderate acne, and a lot of redness and acne scars. I have been using this gel for approximately 10 days and my skin is SO clear now! I have had comments from my friends on how clear my skin looks and what products I have been using. I have even been confident enough to go out the house without makeup due to my skin being so clear, which I haven't been able to do in a few years! I would definitely recommend this gel."

Nickname already in use (taken for less than 1 month) October 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Day 3 of duac and all I'm experiencing is dry and flaky skin"

Fraz20 October 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I am 39, got a prescription for this duac once a day cream and am 4 days into it. It is the 1%/5% one but maybe the 1%/3% one would be kinder. In the area I get hit by acne more - my chin area - it is producing more, albeit smaller and painless, pustules even if it has wiped away one really big ugly pustule spot in that area. Though grateful I am now left with very dry itchy flaky skin where that spot was. No matter how much I moisturise. I am telling myself that it is only because my chin area needs more work and the cream brings these to the surface to then kill them eventually?? Other parts of my face I apply it to are not left this way. Ease of use is fine. Oh yes fridge storage is for pharmacists not users. It says so in the leaflet."

Somewhat confused September 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Well I'm a bit confused. I started using this 2 weeks ago and the other day I commented to my husband that my skin had really cleared up and I was feeling much better. Yesterday I came up all red and blotchy and itchy and today it looks even worse. Not sure if I've used too much or should have washed it off about an hour later or what but I look absolutely hideous - now plastering my face in E45 and hoping it goes down soon"

Busby01283 September 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Be warned. This product is strong chemical and should not be applied all over 'the affected area' that has healthy skin with couple of blocked pores/comedones but ONLY ON SPOTS. I've burned my skin with this product, trying to recover this dry, patchy, red mess has caused new breakouts. I also got 3 new breakouts after first application. After second they got smaller in size (for that it gets better rate than 1). After 3rd I looked like I've been attacked. I've stopped using it and won't continue due to bad reaction. My skin is at all time low and I would have been better off without it."

Hanananananana90 September 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "This used to be my holy grail and whilst over two years later it still works, it's definitely not as effective as it was when I started using it. I wouldn't say this is a long term solution however when used with breaks in between it seems to clear my acne up a bit and I can certainly notice the difference. In combination with the pill I find it does the job nicely, however I've found my skin has sort of built up a resistance to it which is shame. The cream is extremely drying so definitely use moisturiser if you do suffer from dry skin and don't put it on at the start of the day and expect it to not linger if you're planning on putting makeup on even six hours later."

liah8 September 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I've had acne since I was about 10 (I'm now 19) and had tried just about every type of drugstore spot treatment. Duac is the first thing to have properly worked! My advice would be to be weary and just gradually building it into your skin routine; it took me weeks to get my skin to be able to cope with it. Before that, my skin would be itchy, red and painful if I applied Duac every night as instructed. However 2 years on I can wear it every night pain-free. Definitely give it a try!"

Tashap August 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "(Uk) started this cream when my hormonal acne + stress made my skin a bit of a mess.. probably about 2/3 years ago. In the beginning, this stuff is AMAZING! I mean, it cleared my skin to perfection within a few months, however (I don't know if it's the same for everyone, but for me) this isn't a long term solution :( maybe my skin became resistant to it, I'm not sure, but after a few months, it seemed to stop working. I stopped using it for a year or so to try and get rid of the resistance, and started again a few months ago. It was definitely not as effective as the first time. It has a little effect, seems to keep massive breakouts at bay but by no means does it clear my skin or prevent new ones unfortunately."

Emma9215 August 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I LOVE this cream! I had acne when I was in my teens and this was the only cream that ever worked! My skin has been amazing throughout my early 20s however I am now 25 and off the pill and every now and again my skin seems to flare up especially around the "time of the month" which I know most people get however I went back to the doctors and was prescribed more Duac cream. I applied/apply this every night and already my skin is better. This is by far the most amazing acne cream. Couldn't recommend it enough. Thank you Duac!"

Lullabellex August 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Honestly, when I set out to try this - I wasn't too sure what to expect. My skin was awful, and the horrid acne I had was so painful and built up that I couldn't properly cover it with makeup any more. I went on a combination of Duac gel and an antibiotic two months ago. Today, I only have one spot. I began to notice a difference to my skin the day after I first applied it. My skin had dried out immensely and the spots seemed to be going down. I was so happy. For the first three or so weeks of using Duac, my skin was a rollercoaster. At first my face was getting so dry that by the morning I was putting on a hefty layer of e45 cream under my makeup. Now, I don't use any. My skin no longer needs it. It's changed the oiliness of my skin"

sushiloverforlife May 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I used this twice and was taken to A & E with anaphylactic reaction to the product, be aware if you have onset of itchy skin, within 20 mins I was taken to hospital."

india500 (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I used this for 2 months, it made no difference, the cream is absolutely useless, don't waste your time, don't get it"

jdjdjdjsiaoaowjejdjshsjaoaoa9s April 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Using Duac Once Daily (10mg + 50mg gel) cream. At age 44 I started to get acne. Reading previous reviews I was cautious about this cream but the results are great. You have to use this sparingly - no matter how tempting it is to put loads on if your skin is bad. It took a week before my skin cleared up. In the evening I spread a tiny amount on the T Zone area and it's enough to keep spots away. If my skin starts looking red or dry I will skip a night of not putting the cream on that area. Yes, my skin will look a little shiney the next day from the oils but I don't get spots and it allows my skin to recover. I would recommend you exfoliate once a week to remove dead, dry skin too. I will continue to use this cream until my skin calms down."

HannahLilly April 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I have always have the odd few spots but being 28 and just breaking out in acne 6 months before my wedding was a bit of a shock. The doctors prescribed me Duac and within two days I noticed a difference and felt I could leave the house without foundation for the first time in months. The only side effects I've experienced is slightly itchy and dry skin. I don't mind this as the spots were painful and for the first time I can put moisturising cream on my face."

Emski (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "At 35 years old I thought i was over 'teenage acne' and my recent issues were hormonal. Over the past few of years I've used every face wash possible! I go on holiday in 2 weeks and had the worst break out ever! I didn't want to go on holiday looking like a child's dot to dot book, so I visited my doctor who gave me this gel. I've used it for only 3 nights and the spots are already 5 times better than they were! The red blotches from previous spots are also pretty much vanished. Yes its left my face dry and a bit tight, so make sure you use a good quality moisturiser once you've washed the gel off your face in the morning. I'd recommend reapplying moisturisturiser a couple of times through the day. Looking forward to seeing the full results!"

SarahG1102 April 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I'm 19 and have quite bad acne on my lower face especially on my cheeks and I was prescribed duac 5% and have been using it for 3 weeks. I was really excited at the prospect of my skin improving as my self confidence drastically plummeted each time my acne worsened but as of yet this hasn't happened. The gel dries out the skin massively and every moisturiser I have used has failed to help this. This has left me with no improvement to my skin but now I have the added bonus of dry flakey skin that makes it impossible to cover with foundation so now my dry skin is visible as is my severe acne. This hasn't helped my skin or confidence and I'm nearly at the end of my prescribed time of 5 weeks. My confidence is at an all time low due to my acne."

Sixteenacnesufferer April 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I was prescribed duac after getting very bad acne after coming off the pill. This was very unusual for me as I'd never had bad spots and it didn't run in my family. I found that my face was extremely oily all the time and was giving me large horribly pustule spots. I was given 3% duac as I was told the 5% would make the skin very dry and 1% may not work so it would be reviewed and altered to see how it went. I noticed changes immediately after 1 week and my skin has been flawless and I've even had compliments on it! For the people saying it made their skin too dry I could suggest maybe getting a lower % and only apply it once a day as I do at night time after washing my face. It honestly works wonders I couldn't recommend it more!"

Ellie s b March 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Used this product for 2 years. BE CAREFUL. It was very effective in clearing ALL of my acne. As a result of this cream, I previously got seborrheic dermatitis which I had to cure with antibiotics and it gave me a scar. It also made my skin swollen and the scar more visible, it feels as if it stops your skin from repairing and keeps stripping it of all moisture even if moisturising constantly. It makes your skin very dry. I stopped using it two weeks ago as I thought the side effects outweigh the positives and my skin feels much better. The scar is less visible and healing. Currently using glycolic acid with differin and I'm on the dretine contraceptive pill, moisturising with mango butter (non-comedogenic) - very effective."

Juliereyy March 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "My oldest son had horrible acne in high school. He is blonde and fair-skinned and had horrible red bumps all over his face. After 3-4 years of trying everything over the counter and 2-3 trips to the dermatologist , the pediatrician finally gave my youngest son a sample of duac and my older son used it and it worked wonders. His face finally cleared up. His skin is very sensitive and I don't remember a lot of drying as others have mentioned. But, he put it just on the pimples and not all over his face, though he had so much acne it pretty much was all over his face and his back. I wish I had found this sooner! One over counter "University Medical Acne med for rosacea" actually worked but they stopped making it soon after we discovered."

design77 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 17, 2017