User Reviews for Duac

Acne 157 reviews 504 medications

7.8
Summary of Duac reviews 157 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Duac

For Acne "(Uk) started this cream when my hormonal acne + stress made my skin a bit of a mess.. probably about 2/3 years ago. In the beginning, this stuff is AMAZING! I mean, it cleared my skin to perfection within a few months, however (I don't know if it's the same for everyone, but for me) this isn't a long term solution :( maybe my skin became resistant to it, I'm not sure, but after a few months, it seemed to stop working. I stopped using it for a year or so to try and get rid of the resistance, and started again a few months ago. It was definitely not as effective as the first time. It has a little effect, seems to keep massive breakouts at bay but by no means does it clear my skin or prevent new ones unfortunately."

Emma9215 August 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I LOVE this cream! I had acne when I was in my teens and this was the only cream that ever worked! My skin has been amazing throughout my early 20s however I am now 25 and off the pill and every now and again my skin seems to flare up especially around the "time of the month" which I know most people get however I went back to the doctors and was prescribed more Duac cream. I applied/apply this every night and already my skin is better. This is by far the most amazing acne cream. Couldn't recommend it enough. Thank you Duac!"

Lullabellex August 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Honestly, when I set out to try this - I wasn't too sure what to expect. My skin was awful, and the horrid acne I had was so painful and built up that I couldn't properly cover it with makeup any more. I went on a combination of Duac gel and an antibiotic two months ago. Today, I only have one spot. I began to notice a difference to my skin the day after I first applied it. My skin had dried out immensely and the spots seemed to be going down. I was so happy. For the first three or so weeks of using Duac, my skin was a rollercoaster. At first my face was getting so dry that by the morning I was putting on a hefty layer of e45 cream under my makeup. Now, I don't use any. My skin no longer needs it. It's changed the oiliness of my skin"

sushiloverforlife May 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I used this twice and was taken to A & E with anaphylactic reaction to the product, be aware if you have onset of itchy skin, within 20 mins I was taken to hospital."

india500 (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I used this for 2 months, it made no difference, the cream is absolutely useless, don't waste your time, don't get it"

jdjdjdjsiaoaowjejdjshsjaoaoa9s April 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Using Duac Once Daily (10mg + 50mg gel) cream. At age 44 I started to get acne. Reading previous reviews I was cautious about this cream but the results are great. You have to use this sparingly - no matter how tempting it is to put loads on if your skin is bad. It took a week before my skin cleared up. In the evening I spread a tiny amount on the T Zone area and it's enough to keep spots away. If my skin starts looking red or dry I will skip a night of not putting the cream on that area. Yes, my skin will look a little shiney the next day from the oils but I don't get spots and it allows my skin to recover. I would recommend you exfoliate once a week to remove dead, dry skin too. I will continue to use this cream until my skin calms down."

HannahLilly April 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I have always have the odd few spots but being 28 and just breaking out in acne 6 months before my wedding was a bit of a shock. The doctors prescribed me Duac and within two days I noticed a difference and felt I could leave the house without foundation for the first time in months. The only side effects I've experienced is slightly itchy and dry skin. I don't mind this as the spots were painful and for the first time I can put moisturising cream on my face."

Emski (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "At 35 years old I thought i was over 'teenage acne' and my recent issues were hormonal. Over the past few of years I've used every face wash possible! I go on holiday in 2 weeks and had the worst break out ever! I didn't want to go on holiday looking like a child's dot to dot book, so I visited my doctor who gave me this gel. I've used it for only 3 nights and the spots are already 5 times better than they were! The red blotches from previous spots are also pretty much vanished. Yes its left my face dry and a bit tight, so make sure you use a good quality moisturiser once you've washed the gel off your face in the morning. I'd recommend reapplying moisturisturiser a couple of times through the day. Looking forward to seeing the full results!"

SarahG1102 April 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I'm 19 and have quite bad acne on my lower face especially on my cheeks and I was prescribed duac 5% and have been using it for 3 weeks. I was really excited at the prospect of my skin improving as my self confidence drastically plummeted each time my acne worsened but as of yet this hasn't happened. The gel dries out the skin massively and every moisturiser I have used has failed to help this. This has left me with no improvement to my skin but now I have the added bonus of dry flakey skin that makes it impossible to cover with foundation so now my dry skin is visible as is my severe acne. This hasn't helped my skin or confidence and I'm nearly at the end of my prescribed time of 5 weeks. My confidence is at an all time low due to my acne."

Sixteenacnesufferer April 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I was prescribed duac after getting very bad acne after coming off the pill. This was very unusual for me as I'd never had bad spots and it didn't run in my family. I found that my face was extremely oily all the time and was giving me large horribly pustule spots. I was given 3% duac as I was told the 5% would make the skin very dry and 1% may not work so it would be reviewed and altered to see how it went. I noticed changes immediately after 1 week and my skin has been flawless and I've even had compliments on it! For the people saying it made their skin too dry I could suggest maybe getting a lower % and only apply it once a day as I do at night time after washing my face. It honestly works wonders I couldn't recommend it more!"

Ellie s b March 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Used this product for 2 years. BE CAREFUL. It was very effective in clearing ALL of my acne. As a result of this cream, I previously got seborrheic dermatitis which I had to cure with antibiotics and it gave me a scar. It also made my skin swollen and the scar more visible, it feels as if it stops your skin from repairing and keeps stripping it of all moisture even if moisturising constantly. It makes your skin very dry. I stopped using it two weeks ago as I thought the side effects outweigh the positives and my skin feels much better. The scar is less visible and healing. Currently using glycolic acid with differin and I'm on the dretine contraceptive pill, moisturising with mango butter (non-comedogenic) - very effective."

Juliereyy March 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "My oldest son had horrible acne in high school. He is blonde and fair-skinned and had horrible red bumps all over his face. After 3-4 years of trying everything over the counter and 2-3 trips to the dermatologist , the pediatrician finally gave my youngest son a sample of duac and my older son used it and it worked wonders. His face finally cleared up. His skin is very sensitive and I don't remember a lot of drying as others have mentioned. But, he put it just on the pimples and not all over his face, though he had so much acne it pretty much was all over his face and his back. I wish I had found this sooner! One over counter "University Medical Acne med for rosacea" actually worked but they stopped making it soon after we discovered."

design77 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I had acne for 5 years, saw many doctors and they all said nothing would help me and I would have acne for the rest of my life. I tried many creams, nothing worked. Then a dermatologist prescribed Duac and after about 3 weeks my skin was 100% clear. She told me to use a very thin layer at night and to use a heavy moisturiser in the morning to protect my skin. She also told me to stay out of the Sun at the time as your skin becomes thinner and more sensitive. Yes, in the beginning my skin was red and dry, but that goes away after a few days. Thats how you know it's working. It's definitely worth a few days of irritated skin knowing you'll have perfect skin after. Duac saved my skin. I'm forever grateful!!"

iamnaomi March 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Was prescribed this just a week ago and was told to use it twice a day after washing my face for my acne. I did this but it has left my face all dry, itchy, patchy and some part of my face looks like its been burned. I've stopped using it now and I won't be ever using this again, it slightly worked on calming down my acne spots but this cream has made my face look a thousand times worse."

Att February 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I used this cream for my acne and about 3 months later it cleared up my skin. However it did leave my skin Itchy, dry and very red. I stopped using the cream for about a month and use it occasionally when I get a spot, but when I go to take it off I have a red mask on! It's worse than having spots to be fair. I have red patches everywhere and it takes a while to go. Does anyone know how to get rid of the red itchy skin?"

Girly321 February 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I never really had acne but around 2 years ago, I started to get pimples on my hairline but nothing too serious. I went to the doctor and he prescribed me Duac. Though my pimples cleared away, my skin got extremely dry, to the point where I was so embarrassed to go anywhere cos my skin was so flaky and dry. I was so upset because it just didn't go away. After about an year, I went to the dermatologist and he prescribed me this this cream called 'ELIDEL' (prescription only), which basically saved my life, after about a couple months my skin was much better. so after multiple visits to the doctor and almost 2 years later, my skin is finally close to how it used to be. so in short be careful when you use Duac, but I would recommend never using"

Keerthana131 (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Less problem with drying skin if you use sparingly. One tube lasts me about 10 weeks, using daily on face, neck and upper back"

Little is best (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Have been using the cream for about a week, on my jawline/cheek where after several months of failed creams, face washes, I was recommended this cream by my gp. Admittedly it has left my skin v.dry and is getting flakey, but is also getting rid of the acne. Be careful that you do wash your hands afterwards, and not to touch affected area after applying cream, as I have unwittingly the first 2/3 nights caused the cream to spread to areas where I have no acne, causing the skin to dry out. Am interested to see as others have commented before, as to whether or not the dryness eases up after my skin acclimatises to the cream. Would definitely recommend intense moisturising on affected area."

Tara Palmer (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Horrible! This product should not even be prescribed to anyone! I had a very very severe reaction on my skin and ended up worse than with my acne. The allergic reaction showed two days after the first application, disgrace! and Now three days after the first very very small application (of a very expensive cream, mind you) all of my face and neck is full of red blotches similar to a first degree burn! I have to miss days from work until this reaction passes because I cannot even go out in the sun as the itchiness flares up! So if you care for your skin DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT!"

Ms M (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Duac has and is working well for me. Granted it does dry the hell out of my skin so I make sure to exfoliate in the daytime 2 to 3 times a week and use coconut oil on particularly dry patches otherwise things like foundation look awful on top of the dryness. Saying that, I have been able to comfortably be able to wear no makeup most of the time anyway as the Duac really has seemed to have got ridden of the bad spots. I'm left with some red marks/scars from acne but that can easily be concealed. Only cons are the drying out of skin and the fact it has to be kept in the fridge as I'm constantly on the move! Overall it's been the best thing for me and my skin"

Demidark0 January 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I was prescribed duac gel for my acne. At first it worked wonders on my skin and cleared up my acne. I found sometimes that it would dry out my skin though so I had to moisturise everyday. After using it for about 5 months I took a break from using it. About 5 months later I starting to use duac gel again, as I seen my acne was slowly starting to reappear. However when I started using it the second time I woke up the next morning and my eyes were very swollen, red and itchy. I thought it may have been something that I had eaten the previous day but as I continued to use duac gel every night, every morning I woke up I had very swollen, red and itchy eyes. Last night I used duac gel and I woke up with severely swollen eyes and had to go to GP"

Carla. January 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I started to have acne issues after. Was trying to treat it with simple anti acne medicines. Didn't help to recover fully, but managed to reduce a bit. Thought it's taking too long time (1.5months), so went to GP, who prescribed me Duac. Started to apply, the next morning acne seemed to start drying. So continued for the next night. On day 3 woke up with severe redness on my forehead, chin and places around nose. It was weekend, so couldn't go to see my GP straight away. Had to call my friend doctor who said that the redness is caused by allergic reaction. Apparently it took time before Duac got absorbed into my skin and reached blood capillary. That's why it took a while before allergy appeared. Be very careful with this gel!!!!"

Di A (taken for less than 1 month) December 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I was diagnosed with PCOS (PLOY CYSTIC OVARY SYNDROME) and my spots were horrible, on my face, back, shoulders. Since in been using duac - once every two days as told by my Gp, my confidence is returning, I don't feel the need to wear make up all the time, all I now have are some acne scars on my chin and back, which will clear up in time. I give my body a week to two weeks off at the 12 week cycle and re start as my hormones release the spots again. Don't know what I'd do without Duac!!!"

Amylouz December 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "This cleared up my cystic hormonal acne. It's only been 2 weeks since I began using it. I have no active spots. I have had constant breakouts for 2 years with usually 3\4 cysts at once! I tried everything I could get my hands on, topical creams, antibiotics, going gluten and dairy free for 5 months, sunbeds, tea tree oil, aztecs healing clay, I took tetracycline for almost a year, tried sacilyic acid, vichy normaderm range, clerasil, clean and clear, honey masks, soo much more I can't even remember! Hundreds of euro spent and not one worked Within 2 weeks all my spots flattened and began to heal, now my skin is 90% clear all I have is scars. I remove my makeup with micellar water, then wash my face with cetaphil cleanser, and use duac."

fruitlover (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Best thing I have ever used! At first didn't thing it was working but gave it 2/3months and all my acne was gone! I would wash my face at night and cream my face a lot! And leave it to dry at night then wash it off in the morning! It worked for me! I used to have really bad spots!! Now I just have a few red marks but makeup can cover that! :) Just try it for a few months and don't stop using it as the acne does come back when stop using it .. Many thanks x"

Elaaa October 24, 2016