User Reviews for Duac

Acne
7.6

Summary of Duac reviews 7.5 207 reviews

Reviews for Duac

For Acne "It increased the acne, maybe this is the purging phase and it is the getting rid of trapped inflammation inside. I don't know but my skin is getting worse."

Bwt (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2018

For Acne "Used to get blackheads under the skin which I used to try and pop causing an infection and a full blown pimple but the duac got rid of all the clogged pores beneath the skin and in just 3 days! However at the moment my skin feels really dry and leathery and tight and itchy but having read the other comments I will persist as it’s doing the job and seems like a common side effect!"

Anon (taken for less than 1 month) November 27, 2018

For Acne "Hi everyone , quick question how do you store duac when you get home , fridge or cupboard !!! . Just started course and info leaflet has two storage instructions . Okay I see it is in the fridge for the pharmacist or for patients if they haven't opened it, but once you open it it is just keep in a cool dry place, but once open the expiry is 2 months."

Anonymous November 13, 2018

For Acne "I have previously done a review on this before saying how good it was, which I still think it is. However, I’m not sure if the advantages cancel out the negatives of having a lot of redness often in blotches, the burning sensation and itchiness. This gel really does do the job of clearing the skin which is amazing but you do have to put up with the side effects."

Sianmorris (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2018

For Acne "I was prescribed duac 3% about two months ago by my dermatologist. Because my skin is quite sensitive he told me to use it on alternative days and to use a different cream on the in between days, so that's what I did. I only experienced extremely dry skin for about two days, two weeks after starting the treatment, besides that I had no side effects. My problem was that on both sides of my face I was having pus filled pimples and a lot of big ones underneath the skin as well. I wouldn't say that the treatment worked fast for me but it did work. I'm two months in and my pimples are almost completely gone, no marks, no redness. Totally recommend this product under doctor prescription. if you have more severe acne you may want to ask the duac 5%, but it is not recommended if you have sensitive skin as it may contribute to severe dryness and skin breaks and cracks."

lily (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 14, 2018

For Acne "Honestly this has helped me so so so much probably the only acne cream that has changed my skin. I used to suffer with so many pimples and this completely got rid of everything even my marks"

Lisa (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 3, 2018

For Acne "Duac is amazing! I went to the doctors 3 days ago and was prescribed this, I collected it straight away and began to use it. 3 days later all the redness has disappeared from my spots, and if not cleared most of them up already! Just working on the underskin bumps! It has not dried my face out at all, but did read reviews before use and have used a light moisturiser as well as and my face is as clear as it has been in 4 years! ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!"

hellokitty (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2018

For Acne "After using Duac with excellent results on my sebaceous hyperplasias and acne for two weeks, one morning I put the gel on my face and my skin became horrifically swollen, red, and painful. I also became nauseous. Even my neck, scalp, and lips were inflamed, and I did not apply Duac there. After removing the gel, I remained nauseous and somewhat inflamed the rest of the morning, but my skin eventually settled down, with residual redness around my eyelids, which lasted for days. Very disappointed that I had such a reaction after it was working so well, but I cannot risk ending up in the hospital, so I discontinued it and will speak to my dermatologist about alternatives."

Lily V (taken for less than 1 month) September 26, 2018

For Acne "Suffered from very bad cheek spots, no drug store face cleansers worked. Went to the doctors and they prescribed me this - within 2 weeks they were near enough gone. An absolute god send, my confidence is back and my skin is clear. I get the odd breakout and reapply and they're down within 2 days. It's so worth it. Stings for the first few days while skin gets use to it."

GBOT (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2018

For Acne "I just got prescribed this from GP and used it only once and majority of my acne has gone away this is amazing. Hopefully it will continue to keep working."

Denise (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2018

For Acne "Hi, I was prescribed this medication on the NHS. I don't have really bad acne but wasn't happy with my skin. I'm 22 and I'd never had particularly bad skin so it was a bit of a surprise when my skin started acting up. I really wanted to write a review as I'd read loads of the reviews on here and found them really helpful. During the first week of using this product I found it super irritating, itchy and my skin was so dry it felt like leather. All I can say is, please persevere if you're experiencing these symptoms. While it was so uncomfortable I'm now 4 weeks in, experiencing none of these symptoms and my skin is clear. I've got my confidence back!"

Elise (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 17, 2018

For Acne "I have never experienced having bad skin, I usually get the occasional hormonal spot. However, around April time I started getting loads more spots. I wouldn’t say it was severe acne, but it brought down my self esteem and confidence soo much. I’m 23 and should not be getting outbursts like I did. I tried sooo many over the counter products like tea tree oil, sudocrem, clean and clear etc and nothing worked. My friend recommended duac to me and it’s literally changed my life so much. I have really resilient skin, so haven’t experienced any dryness, burning or tightening etc...all it has done is clear up 90% of my spots in a month! I’ve just got another tube from my doctor, but this time the 5% to help tackle the more difficult ones on my chin that won’t budge! Over all, duac has helped bring my confidence back!!!"

Chloe (taken for less than 1 month) September 6, 2018

For Acne "I used this cream for 3 nights and for the past 72 hours my face has been red, extremely dry, very tight and I’ve had a painful burning sensation and my face can’t seem to cool down whatsoever. For the dryness, I tried a very small amount of moisturiser on an area of my face and it just burned and stung more :("

Hamiltonfan (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2018

For Acne "I've been putting up with acne for 3 years and now have been using this product for a few months and for me it's the best solution to clear up my skin. I can also recommend Acnecide gel which you don't have to get from the doctor but it doesn't have antibiotic in it like Duac does so isn't as strong, it still works though. I put my gel on and follow it up with and oil free moisturiser so it isn't dry and I do this for my face, chest and back. Incredible results I'm so much more confident and never thought I had any hope of my skin clearing up. The only thing is you have to persist with it, I waited about a week for my doctor prescription to deliver to the pharmacy near me and my skin got bad again within that time but not as bad as it had been before."

Phoenix (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 23, 2018

For Acne "I have always had oily skin, but I've never had acne before - not even as a teen. However, over the last few months, I developed a persistent rash on one side of my face. I also had painful non puss filled spots and my skin looked terrible! (Upon reflection, I think it was my use of Apple Cider Vinegar) anyway, nothing worked. I went to the doctor and he prescribed Duac. I have used it ONCE and I can already see/feel the difference. I had a brown pimple/skin tag and that's more or less halved overnight. The other spots that I had are also less painful. I'm so excited to see what my skin will look like after 2 weeks (I've been told to use it for this long)."

Tenaji (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2018

For Acne "I have chronic kidneys disease and get some really sore spots. I've had many different treatments and this has got to by up there with the best."

Sazs (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2018

For Acne "I’ve been using this product for only 3 days and I’m shocked to see my skin already improving."

Princess (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2018

For Acne "I've been using duac gel for close to a month now. I have read reviews about this product but it seems my case is different. I did not experience any form of dryness or itch or redness. I just hope it works without these horrible experience. Although my face is clearing little by little apart from the new ones coming out. I hope to comment with a better testimony next time."

olly (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2018

For Acne "Omg this is the best thing ever! I tried absolutely everything for my pimples and marks. This is the one thing that has stopped my pimples from appearing and also fading away my marks. Honestly I love this product so much. I definitely recommend. I also saw the results within 1 week of using it. But can’t wait for more weeks to see results"

Lisa (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2018

For Acne "I started to get spots for 2 months. I tried everything to get rid off it but nothing helped and it got worse (I only had it on my forehead). The doctor gave me duac and at first it didn't work and then it went red and starting to sting it's now my 6th and my acne has gone flat but is brown and peeling . I peeled some and it's gone I am so amazed by it and I can't wait for my skin to get better inshallah ."

Maymah July 3, 2018

For Acne "I loved this product! worked really well after about 1 1/2 months of constant use. Only downfall is that it's not a permanent solution. As soon as you stop using it your skin goes back to the way it was and you have to get another prescription to get more from the doctor. Also it dried out my skin a little, nothing daily moisturiser can't fix though."

Ace June 18, 2018

For Acne "I was starting to get really bad breakouts all over my face and I started to get really down about it, every day I would wake up with a new spot and this ranged from blackhead, whiteheads to painful under the skin spots. I went to my doctor to ask for help clearing my skin up and he gave me duac gel. In one word - AMAZING! I realise this may not work for everyone but it certainly has for me, I cut out using all of the other products I was using and applied duac to any problem areas, it took a week or so to really see the results but my skin is the clearest it has been in a long time and I have my confidence back! It can cause slight dryness/peeling but if you put E45 cream on these areas before bed it keeps skin smooth and fixes this! I hope it works for everyone the way it worked for me :)"

Shan (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2018

For Acne "I have been using Duac for about 2 years now because I have suffered from very bad acne. It has definitely had a positive effect and I have actually had no irritation from it at all. Acne does not go away completely but it definitely improves it. I have a few friends that have been on it and it works for them too but as soon as you stop using it, you will see acne beginning to get worse again."

Missy C June 6, 2018

For Acne "I developed adult acne at 21 years old. Now at 28 I’ve been through 4 different products before being given Duac. It’s AMAZING. I’ve been using it 10 days and my skin is FLAWLESS."

Aine (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2018

For Acne "Patience is key. I have oily/combination skin and I have been using this for 4 months and my skin is slowly improving. At the start it did make my skin go red and itchy (I still get the itchiness from time to time now) but I goes down and I saw results after 2 months. My acne hasn't completely gone away but my skins texture has improved and my past spots have gone. I replace my cream every 2 months as otherwise it expires and loses its effect. If you use this remember you won't see major result in a day, or a week it will take time and hopefully its worth it and its works for you but it might not work for everyone."

Cam (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 16, 2018