User Reviews for Duac to treat Acne

Duac Rating Summary

7.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 321 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Duac

Xx June 7, 2020

“I have been prescribed Duac TWO weeks ago and so far so good I’ve tried everything epiduo forte (made my skin purge burn and took so much skin off) I’ve also been on the dretine combined pill oxtrecycline and after this cream (3 weeks of use) I have found a massive massive different I used cetaphil cleanser and light hydrating day cream and have had no side effects I hope this is the end for me !!! If this works for the foreseeable future I would give it 10* ”

Duac Review · Taken for less than 1 month May 2, 2020

“I was prescribed Duac gel by my doctor and it definitely did not work. I get the hormonal pimple here and there, and I generally have really good skin. However, after I used the duac gel, my face broke out a week later. I now have painful, cystic acne that is getting worse everyday. My doctor said it was a reaction to the cream and to stop immediately. Still waiting to see any signs of improvement after a week of not using.”

Michelle · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 24, 2020

“I've had acne since I was 10. It got worse (not severe but more than mild) through high school, so by the time I hit 18 (and it wasn't showing any signs of disappearing) I was proper fed up. I got an infected pimple on my cheek last year, and it swelled up to my eye. I finally went to a GP to sort out the big'un, and get something for the rest while he was at it. He gave me some oral antibiotics for the infection and prescribed Duac for the rest of it. Generally, my skin is fairly oily and not sensitive at all, so Duac didn't make my skin red or peel. I know it's worse for a lot of people, but for me it's like a harmless magic cream. My horrible skin is at once-a-week small pimple level now, after 3 months.”

Elisa · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 6, 2020

“When I was a teenager and my acne was more mild - moderate. This was my absolute favourite prescription topical to use it wasn't overly harsh and would clear my acne substantially and quickly with no initial break out. But now my acne has unfortunately evolved into adult acne which is a lot more inflammatory and under the skin this product is not strong enough to address problem”

Meego92 January 3, 2020

“So I've always had big painful cysts and small pimples. I turned 27 and thought I've had enough, if I haven't grown out of this now I never will, so went to my GP and got Duac. I started using it every morning and evening, a light layer on my face in Nov, Its now Jan and I have never had such perfect skin. Ever. I love this product, changed my life. There are some side effects at the beginning but honestly just be patient. I got SUPER dry red skin around my mouth and chin for 2 weeks, and the acne didn't go for a month. Its a bit of a tough time as you're sore from spots as well as dryness but just trust the process! I switched my moisturizer to bio oil gel, which is ok to use on the face, and it helps to reduce spot scars and discoloration. It is a heavy duty moisturizer but you need it especially to begin with. Everyone in my life keeps commenting how fresh my skin looks. Only regret is I didn't use it sooner. Honestly, don't waste any time go get this stuff. Xx”

Sam · Taken for less than 1 month January 1, 2020

“I have had acne around chin and jaw area for a few years. Really started to get me down. Tried Duac and just a few days in I saw the the redness was reduced. I've now been using for about 1 month and it has gotten rid of all of the big spots I had under the skin and has even helped with the scarring. I still have a few small spots at the surface but it has improved a lot. I did get some dryness at the start but this was solved with a very gentle and light moisturiser and was not a problem for me. I will continue using this as I am happy with the results and hoping I will see more improvement as I continue. I would recommend for anyone struggling with acne, it hasn’t completely gotten rid of all my spots but has reduced them dramatically.”

Kitty · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 18, 2019

“Reviewed about 6 months ago as at first severely dried and irritated my skin but persevere - your skin will get used to it and it’s cleared my skin - very happy”

Ella November 26, 2019

“As a teenager I suffered from small acne spots that got worse. I didn’t cleanse my face well and was doing all the wrong things. But when I finally went to my GP she said maybe try Duac for a bit and see how it works, I then waited patiently and after a month most of my spots were gone! I also went to see a dermatologist and she told me what my skin type was and how to clean my skin properly, to keep it healthy (although it’s expensive it’s worth it) getting to know my skin was the key to fighting acne. Like most people, Duac dried my skin especially under my eyes and my smile lines. However if you are using Duac to clear forehead spots it’s perfect as I experienced absolutely NO dryness on my forehead and it’s stayed smooth and shiny :) I love Duac and will continue to use it as I’m afraid the hormones inside my contraceptive pill may make the spots come back!”

P · Taken for less than 1 month November 13, 2019

“If I could I would give Duac a zero rating I would. Do not use if you have sensitive skin!! I only applied it twice on my acne and it completely burned my skin, I had extremely painful red rash on my face for 3 days. Now on the 5th day after using it, my skin is extremely dry and scaly to the point I can't open my mouth properly or laugh because I'm scared it's gonna split and get infected. It is the worst experience ever. In agony with my face for 5 days. Hoping it will get better soon.”

Midori · Taken for less than 1 month November 6, 2019

“I used Duac for 3 nights and although my acne has greatly reduced I have huge red patches that feel like burns on my face. I only applied it onto the spots but the soreness and redness has spread out. My skin is too sensitive to even dry my face with a towel. I have been advised to moisturise as much as possible which I have been for the last 3 days but have seen little improvement - fingers crossed!”

happy · Taken for less than 1 month October 2, 2019

“I've only been on this for around two weeks, my acne has improved drastically, the only thing that has helped it so far! Since I was on a pharmacy bought acne cream before this, my face has built up a tolerance and I don't suffer from any of the side effects. One thing I would say is just to be patient in the first few days as you won't see a result immediately.”

mmary September 26, 2019

“For those of talking about dry skin (particulary sillylilly) , I had this issue too, it was so bad that my skin was flaking and peeling and it hurt to even touch it! After a lot of research I found that: you need to avoid any areas where the skin is especially thin so around and under the eyes nose and mouth, you can use something like vaseline /pawpaw/aquaphor and apply it to those areas as a barrier. ”

Praj · Taken for less than 1 month September 13, 2019

“Awesome Product.”

Sillylilly · Taken for less than 1 month September 12, 2019

“I'm only on Duac a week and so far my acne spots are drying out but the down side my skin feels stingy and looks more red, even putting on moisturiser it makes my skin sting more. Also I'm 38, I have acne and get boils on my back still and on my face since I've been 15. It is safe to say I'm quite sick of them,”

Ivan · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 14, 2019

“Duac has cleaned all teen-pimples on face but it doesn't help with cystic-acne issues. I still have painful and big acne on nose, and this doesn't help! From what I've seen, Accutane is what I will end on :(”

Paz · Taken for less than 1 month August 12, 2019

“I went to my dr after dealing with on going hormonal acne since stopping birth control. Baring in mind I have tried absolutely everything to help it naturally, this was my last resort. I was really sceptical as I know my acne doesn't really respond well to acne treatments. I was surprised, a day after using it my skin looked so much better. It doesn't excessively dry out my skin like other acne treatments and it actually keeps the acne away. So happy I have it!”

ES17! · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 1, 2019

“So I got so anxious and my self confidence was so low to the point where I hated leaving the house because of my acne. My mum made me book an appointment with the GP to get advice on my acne because it was red and although not cystic it was really affecting me and my life . The doctor gave me a prescription for Duac and a week later the results were amazing and my face became so clear that about 3 or four months later and 5 repeat prescriptions later I don't need to wear foundation. Perhaps the odd application of concealer to make me feel a tad bit better and look more awake but my cheeks and forehead and chin have never been this clear in my teen years ! However I do find it to be itchy hence I came here to see if I should stop but I don't think I can risk my acne coming back , just suggesting that not to apply too much and follow the dose! Very itchy but moisturising is key. Thank you Duac ya lifesaver!”

Malissa July 26, 2019

“I used Duac on my forehead I had acne all over my face but specifically used duac on my forehead where I had lots of small spots. After using it for 3 months my forehead was so clear I was shocked. Duac made my face a bit dry but it didn’t bother me. I realised that duac had an expiry of 3 months. I didn’t want to stop using as I was so dependent on the gel. it literally cleared my forehead spots up. I was so dependent I used it after the expiry date ( I don’t suggest) but anyways I knew I had to stop so I did and my forehead was ok. A week later my forehead had small spots again!! It’s so annoying because I was so patient with Duac and now it feels like a waste of time but in a sense it wasn’t because it genuinely made my forehead clear. My GP prescribed me a new fresh duac gel and she said I can use it consistently so when it runs out she’ll order me more. Let’s see what happens hopefully it clears my forehead again and I wasn’t just lucky the first time”

Whimbie July 16, 2019

“I was prescribed this by my doctor for some minor cystic acne around my chin (I'm in my mid-20s) I used it as instructed knowing that due to the benzyl peroxide it would irritate and dry the skin initially but after five days I just had to stop. My skin became raw, red, flaky, excoriated, discoloured and painfully dry. It made my skin WORSE, instead of a few ugly spots my I now had angry, red, peeling patches on my face and for nearly a week I had to slather on liberal amounts of moisturiser and bio-oil just to keep the itchiness, irritation and pain of my dry cracked skin down to tolerable levels. Five days of using Duac and it took my skin over a week to get to the point where I don't have to layer on moisturiser to get through the day (still not even back to where it was pre-duac) and the worst part was, didn't even help with the spots! They're still there. Completely useless, made my skin so much worse. 100% would not recommend.”

Kitty · Taken for less than 1 month July 9, 2019

“In my 40s have always had a breakout now and then particularly along jaw line and upper back, nothing major - a few long lasting under the skin bumps. Been using Duac 3% for 3 weeks. Amazed how clear my skin is but wow after 9 days of using cream, my skin flared up, red, itchy, burning sensation. I may have been applying too much cream! Stopped using to allow my skin to settle. After 4 days restarted with a very thinly applied layer, a tiny amount. My skin still itches after application but I am determined to ride it through to see the results. Applied it along my jaw line at night and woke up with severe itchiness - I am not sure if I am allergic or if this is normal until the skin gets used to it so I will persevere as aesthetically I am happy but the after effects normally come on during the night, which means lack of sleep not so great. Is it normal to itch so badly with this cream?”

Aly · Taken for less than 1 month July 7, 2019

“I was prescribed to use duac gel just 2 days ago of this post and I am already seeing changes to my skin , my skin is toned and my white pimples are vanishing , she also said to apply the gel in the night and wash it in the morning and apply sunblock to keep my skin moisturized and protected from pollutants!”

Charlotte · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 2, 2019

“Was an on and off experience. Some weeks my skin looks great then some weeks it didn't. I changed my diet and cut out diary that seemed to have helped more so than the cream. My friend used Femmodette and that has cleared her acne completely. I would suggest this to any young girl”

c · Taken for less than 1 month July 1, 2019

“I have acne only on my chin which has got worse over time. I first used Duac last year and it worked a charm. Then when I came off it, my acne got worse again and I went on prescribed acne tablets. Then I came off the tablets and my skin got worse again. I’m now on summer holidays and I feel horrible about my skin so went on Duac again. This time, my skin has become really irritated, flaky, tight and very painful. It hasn’t worked like last time and I go on holiday tomorrow and I’m now panicked. I will be using a cetaphil suncream as suncream is a huge issue for my skin. I don’t have any sugar/sweet stuff, I avoid dairy and I’m very sporty. My friends’ acne is clearing up and mine is getting worse. I do everything to help my acne, from on my face to inside my gut but nothing seems to work anymore :(”

Sed July 1, 2019

“It caused me irritations, made me extremely itchy and I have red blotches all over my face. I would say that the negatives outweigh the positive, and I would not recommend this as the side effects are not worth it.”

Nicky · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 25, 2019

“The first time my daughter used duac, her acne vanished almost completely. But when the tube finished, she had a few months break from using it. Resulting her acne to come back. Then I bought her a new tube, this time it didn't do well as before.”

Learn more about Acne

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)

More about Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin topical)

Other brands: Benzaclin, Onexton, Acanya, Neuac, ... +2 more