User Reviews for Duac

Duac Rating Summary

7.6/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 402 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Duac to treat Acne

"I developed adult acne at 21 years old. Now at 28 I’ve been through 4 different products before being given Duac. It’s AMAZING. I’ve been using it 10 days and my skin is FLAWLESS."

Aine (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2018

"Patience is key. I have oily/combination skin and I have been using this for 4 months and my skin is slowly improving. At the start it did make my skin go red and itchy (I still get the itchiness from time to time now) but I goes down and I saw results after 2 months. My acne hasn't completely gone away but my skins texture has improved and my past spots have gone. I replace my cream every 2 months as otherwise it expires and loses its effect. If you use this remember you won't see major result in a day, or a week it will take time and hopefully its worth it and its works for you but it might not work for everyone."

Cam (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 16, 2018

"I've had acne for around 7 months now and it's on my forehead and mouth area. I got prescribed duac by my doctor on Monday, so I've been using it for around 6 days now ( I apply it once at night). It's helped at making my spots flat and calming any redness. However, I've got a dry patch on the bottom of my mouth, which looks like the first layer of skin has been burnt or peeled, it's red and extremely itchy. It's only been a few days though so I'm hoping this goes away and it helps my skin. Try being patient as its said to work around 4-6 weeks in."

Idk (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2018

"I used this duac gel only once and it left my skin red raw and itchy as well as dry.. I am so worried. Will it ever go back to how it used to be. I much preferred my acne than this burnt skin :("

Romi April 9, 2018

"Post no 2. Patience is key my loves. And now more than a year of using it every day my skin is completely clear. I have tiny scars which are almost gone but from standing distance they are barely visible. I’m gonna start using it 2/3 times a week now because it does make my skin peel (not noticeably, I only realised when I use fake tan because it comes off quickly in the places I use duac) and it’s making me pale as anything SOOO in conclusion. Stay lit and happy and just be patient. Stress is your no1 enemy just stay calm. Ps I hardly ever where face makeup anymore, I only where concealer under my eyes and a bita brows and I thats definitely helped. Wearing full coverage foundation every day was one of the worst things for my skin. Also I don’t know if this actually helped or not but around the time my skin started improving for real I only drank water and green tea. Very rarely anything else). Sorry this post is long but I know ya wanna as I've been in ya shoes. ;)"

Carriemilston April 4, 2018

"I've never had bad acne on my face but I got some inflammation on my shoulders. As I got older, it started to fix itself but wanted something to help it along a little. I went to the doctor's and was prescribed Duac. Due to my pale skin, I was given a slightly weaker version of the gel. As expected, I had dry and itchy skin but it passed. My shoulders became clearer but I noticed that my face hadn't improved at all, it seemed to have gotten worse. It caused me to have a breakout on my chin that, two weeks on, still hasn't cleared up. I only apply it to my cheeks and chin but noticed that I was getting small red lumps on my forehead. My skin has turned really red and it seems like the irritation that you experience when you first start using this gel has returned. I have read the reviews and comments here saying that people could see improvements within several weeks to a month but I've seen no change and it appears as though I'm just wasting my breath with this product."

Alyssa (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 31, 2018

"Severe allergic reaction to this cream after applying two days red lumps thousands all over area where cream applied, not happy with this cream would never use it again"

RG (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2018

"Duac cleared my skin! I suffered with mild acne so I cannot say what it will do for more severe acne but in my opinion its worth trying. Duac is the only thing I’ve found that clears my closed comedones and whiteheads and gets rid of blackheads. Lots of people give duac a bad name due to the side effects but if you persevere through them you will most likely see great results! I did suffer from the side effects fairly badly, I had a rash/burn on my cheeks and chin, had dry skin all over and also got a rash on my neck despite not applying duac to it. My advice with duac is to slowly incorporate it into your skin care routine to allow your skin to adapt to it. Also, use a very hydrating moisturiser (even if you have oily skin) twice a day. Oh and don’t put it on any clear areas of skin or you’ll have unnecessary dryness and irritation."

pip3303 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2018

"This gel is really really good when trying to clear spots! I have always had really bad acne and this gel had changed my life since I had been prescribed it from my doctor! I noticed a difference after a month and it also prevents new spots from coming! Would highly recommend "

Sophiek1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 4, 2018

"Before trying Duac I had tried loads of expensive serums, creams, gels, rollers, diets to no avail. I finally saw my GP 3 weeks ago and she prescribed me a combined treatment of Duac gel and doxycycline. Initially the Duac caused a burning effect, this lasted for about a week. It literally felt and looked like it was burning the top layer of my skin off. I pushed on having read that this was common and not a reaction, heading into week two I started to get excited! Patches of my skin were already starting to clear up and the burning and flaking wasn’t as bad. Week 3 and my skin looks amazing! I have a couple of teeny spots but not pus filled and my skin is so smooth, even, non greasy and glowing!! I swear it looks like it did when I was 20!! I am blown away! My chest is almost clear, my back is getting there. I’m just so happy with the results so far. My advise to people starting out is to push through that initial horrible part because it’s sooooo worth it. Good luck everyone."

Steph1212 (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2018

"Have only given Duac an 8/10 as I’ve only been using for a week but I have already noticed such a difference. My skin feels so smooth and haven’t had any new breakouts whatsoever! Fingers crossed it continues to work!"

Amy1993 (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2018

"I've had bad skin since I was 11 and I'd been using duac on and off since I was 15, but never correctly. At the age of 19 I decided to give it another go. I started using it in Nov 17 and I saw fantastic results by January. Like many other users here, I did experience some side effects such as my eyes puffing up a bit, itching and really dry skin. I told my doctor, who told me to continue using it daily but to apply moisturiser frequently. Although my skin stayed dry, after a couple of nights of wearing the duac all the other side effects went away and never returned throughout the course of using it. I finished after 12 weeks as prescribed. Although I still had visible acne scars from the previous 8 years, I had no spots and no blackheads. It worked perfectly! The only problem was, 2 weeks after not using it my skin is back to normal, if not worse. Although it does work fantastically, it seems to have short term results - at least for my skin type anyway."

Bernie February 28, 2018

"This was great for my blackheads for the first few months that I used it. Really smoothed out my skin, got rid of blemishes, and even helped prevent breakouts (and if I did get something, it dramatically reduced how bad it was and how long it lasted). Then all of a sudden, it started making my face red. Not itchy or dry (kind of shiny actually), but very red. My dermatologist told me to try using it every other night instead of every night. But still, whenever I'd apply it, I'd wake up the next day so red, and it would be like that for a full day, sometimes two days. I kept trying to reduce the frequency of use, but every time I use it now I just get completely red. Not sure what the deal is, but it no longer feels worth it. A shame though, since it was great when it was working."

askdlfjsaklfdjslf February 18, 2018

"So my problems started when I was 14. Before 14 I had the most perfect skin you'd ever seen and gradually I started having breakouts but it was once or twice but a year after, boom. There are so many one on another. It was horrible. I lived with it during my entire high school phase. Yes people would make comment about it, and I felt bad. I applied every kind of things possible to get rid of it. But couldn't. So at 17 I discovered Duac. I applied it every night and by 18 half of it disappeared. So I continued and now I have only scars which treat with bio oil. Duac has worked wonders for me.. But patience is key. It tool me several months to see the difference but it was mind blowing. Would definitely recommend this."

LilPanda (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 9, 2018

"I started using this cream about 2 weeks ago - the first few days were fantastic and it cleared up my spots straight away. However after about a week my skin became very red, dry and incredibly itchy. I stopped using it about 3 days ago however my skin is still very red and itchy around my chin and jawline. It has cleared up the spots for now, however the constant itching is not worth it. I won’t be going back to it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2017

"I have used duac for 6 months my skin was clear as day using it daily. Now I’ve had an allergic reaction I can’t use it anymore and acne is straight back to how it was. Not a cure but amazing product if used daily - takes about 1 month to kick in and wok"

Bgrayyyy November 28, 2017

"Just want to start by stating my skin type..I get bad breakouts & that's why I am on Duac. I'd say I have "normal"skin as it doesn't tend to be dry or oily. I would describe my acne as not extremely severe, it can flare up pretty bad & when it's at it's worst, it can sometimes actually hurt *To the point* I'm on this product a few months now. After about a month or so I THOUGHT it was working, but my breakouts are still happening just as bad, it does not prevent them at all!! Now, I've a bad breakout for the past week & a half and it hasn't helped all that much. I use Duac at night time because I find that's what suits me best..I have a strict night time routine..I cleanse, moisturise and then apply my Duac. It flakes so bad!! Will be discontinuing."

justanothergal98 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 27, 2017

"I've always suffered with acne however following two roaccutane treatments and Epiduo (which was amazing!!) for two years it was well under control....until Epiduo stopped working. After a huge hormonal breakout on my 30th birthday I was at my wits end thinking acne had come back full force. I researched Isotrex gel and had high hopes but it didn't work at all after 11 weeks I realised I needed something else. Less than 8 days ago I went to my GP requesting Duac - since I put this on my face I haven't had a single spot and my skin looks how it used to do. No new spots, no daily whiteheads and no red peeling face! It's completely clear. This is the first time in 4 months that I dare go out the house without makeup! Please give it a try"

amyjow123 November 18, 2017

"After taking antibiotics for several years I decided that this was no longer a healthy long term option. After stopping antibiotics my acne came back as bad as ever. I decided to start applying Duac gel and have been doing for several months now. After an initial flare up that did eventually die down I have seen absolutely no improvement to my skin. Both cystic and minor pimples still appear regularly to the same degree as they did before. Very disappointed as I'm willing to give all of my non antibiotic options"

Jessstar573 November 12, 2017

"The first time I used Duac it was very effective, no irritation or symptoms after using it but a bit dry on affected areas. After a while I stopped using it as my skin was fine, when my acne came back I began to use it again after about two weeks. The morning after applying it my skin came out in large red blotches around affected areas, and it burned, was extremely itchy and it was dry. I have tried to using it now again since a month of not using it again and the same has happened, won’t be using this product again."

DearbhlaQ November 9, 2017

"This is amazing! I would say I have moderate acne, and a lot of redness and acne scars. I have been using this gel for approximately 10 days and my skin is SO clear now! I have had comments from my friends on how clear my skin looks and what products I have been using. I have even been confident enough to go out the house without makeup due to my skin being so clear, which I haven't been able to do in a few years! I would definitely recommend this gel."

Nickname already in use (taken for less than 1 month) October 25, 2017

"Day 3 of duac and all I'm experiencing is dry and flaky skin"

Fraz20 October 23, 2017

"I am 39, got a prescription for this duac once a day cream and am 4 days into it. It is the 1%/5% one but maybe the 1%/3% one would be kinder. In the area I get hit by acne more - my chin area - it is producing more, albeit smaller and painless, pustules even if it has wiped away one really big ugly pustule spot in that area. Though grateful I am now left with very dry itchy flaky skin where that spot was. No matter how much I moisturise. I am telling myself that it is only because my chin area needs more work and the cream brings these to the surface to then kill them eventually?? Other parts of my face I apply it to are not left this way. Ease of use is fine. Oh yes fridge storage is for pharmacists not users. It says so in the leaflet."

Somewhat confused September 30, 2017

"Well I'm a bit confused. I started using this 2 weeks ago and the other day I commented to my husband that my skin had really cleared up and I was feeling much better. Yesterday I came up all red and blotchy and itchy and today it looks even worse. Not sure if I've used too much or should have washed it off about an hour later or what but I look absolutely hideous - now plastering my face in E45 and hoping it goes down soon"

Busby01283 September 21, 2017

"Be warned. This product is strong chemical and should not be applied all over 'the affected area' that has healthy skin with couple of blocked pores/comedones but ONLY ON SPOTS. I've burned my skin with this product, trying to recover this dry, patchy, red mess has caused new breakouts. I also got 3 new breakouts after first application. After second they got smaller in size (for that it gets better rate than 1). After 3rd I looked like I've been attacked. I've stopped using it and won't continue due to bad reaction. My skin is at all time low and I would have been better off without it."

Hanananananana90 September 16, 2017