User Reviews for Bendamustine

9.2

Summary of Bendamustine reviews 9.5 5 reviews

Reviews for Bendamustine

Albertacowboy · Taken for less than 1 month April 17, 2019

For Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma: "Was diagnosed with lymphoplasmacytic lymphoma which caused Waldenstrom's M in the blood. Treatment is Rituximab/Bendamustine day one and just Bendamustine day two every 28 days for 6 months. I was chronically anemic and my platelets and RBC were very low. HGB would dip to low 70s. I had three blood transfusions and began treatment. Currently, I am almost three weeks after my first treatment. Immediately after the treatment, I felt great, better than I had in a long time. I have since had three CBC's and my results have shown remarkable improvement. Last one my HGB was up to 103. There were no ill effects of either drug, and I would say that both drugs are simply amazing. I live in Canada, so fortunately the health care system fully covered the cost of the treatments."

annon1234 · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 12, 2013

For Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma: "Went into remission after 2 rounds with follicular non-hodgkin's lymphoma. Had significant side effects. Never really got rid of the nausea, constipation, dry flaky skin, liver function was negatively affected (recovered 3 or so months afterwards), bone marrow cellularity went from 65% to 20% which is slowly recovering. We reduced the dose for round 4 and stopped it then due to the increasing liver issues. Hair thinning a bit. Got shingles during this and then cellulitis of the shingles. Also took 6 weeks to get rid of an upper respiratory infection others had for about 10-14 days. I was far sicker with it than anyone else was. Very low counts so needed neulasta. Am in remission 2 years 8 months as of this writing."

Yankee 30 · Taken for less than 1 month April 24, 2013

For Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma: "In August of 2011 I was diagnosed with non-Hodgkins Lymphoma at Stage 4. It was an extremely low platelet count that provided the first clue to my doctor. I was scheduled for 4 rounds of chemo, each round on two consecutive days. After the first round, within a day, the lymph glands around my jaw and neck shrunk visibly. It looked like I lost a lot of weight. The chemo worked extremely well. But within a few more days I was experiencing an adverse reaction that caused my skin to turn a deep red/purple color. I also experienced severe gout due to so many cancer cells being killed off. My feet, ankles, and knees were affected the most till finally I couldn't walk. My right leg was locked in a partially bent position. I'm ok now."

Anonymous May 17, 2011

Treanda (bendamustine) for Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma: "I was treated 2 times with Treanda. Both times my palpable tumors were gone within 14 days. The first time I was in remission for 18 months."

CLLSurvivor October 8, 2010

For Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia: "I was diagnosed with CLL 2 years ago and was roughly at stage III. Started chemo therapy last year got really sick after one cycle of chemo, dropped about 20lbs, lost my appetite for a good 3 months, was very nauseous. I caught the flu and could not shake it for 9.5 weeks. But got retested twice this year and after only one treatment out of 6 went into remission to where CLL cannot be detected in my bloodstream any longer. My undying thanks to early aggressive therapy by great VA cancer doctors."