User Reviews for Revlimid

Learn more about Revlimid.

Multiple Myeloma 6 reviews 54 medications

5.8
Lymphoma 1 reviews 59 medications

Other 1 reviews

Summary of Revlimid reviews 8 reviews 3.4

Reviews for Revlimid

For Lymphoma "My wife has a rare aggressive cancer called plasmablastic lymphoma PBL she has been on numerous chemos over 8 months which knocked it out of everywhere except the liver. She was accepted to go on Revlimid 25mg (it's still a trial drug in Australia) she took a total of 7 pills over 9 days with dexamethasone the first 4 days. Bottom line she almost had acute liver failure, it nearly killed her. She still hasn't fully recovered from it a month ago. Not saying it want work for others but be very cautious with this drug a watch the patient for reactions."

Husband#2 June 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Multiple Myeloma "I had 2 blood clots as a result of a hairline fracture in my ankle. Consequently, I was given Coumadin April 14. I started Revlimid May 7. May 25 I had a new blood clot even though my INR was 3.7 - in range to prevent clotting. I was hospitalized and missed a Memorial Day party. The doctors were baffled and thought the Coumadin was not effective. I disagreed, stopped Revlimid immediately and stayed on Coumadin. I flew to and from Italy this month with no blood clotting...the food was fabulous although I miss some eating great salads. (Kidney issues prevent the other blood thinning remedies)"

Virginia Eanes (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Multiple Myeloma "My sister had multiple myeloma, she took this drug for about 2 months. She developed a blood clot in her heart and died 2 days ago from a cardiac arrest while she was at the hospital. Her quality of life before this was zero while taking revlimid."

Ellabeebee November 4, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Multiple Myeloma "I have been on Revlimid for about 2 years and the result is my cancer has been at a low level and controlled. I have no side effects that I am aware of. I do however think this medicine is terribly expensive."

kregs (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 20, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Multiple Myeloma "After several cycles of Velcade, Revlimid and a steroid, my doctor switched me to Revlimid alone. I have had no side effects of note. The Velcade really knocked me out. Shortly after a stem cell transplant, I had a small blood clot that caused double-vision, but that resolved itself in about a month. Now I take a blood thinner (Jantoven). Two-and-a-half years after my transplant, my myeloma is extremely well-controlled, and I'm guessing that Revlimid is a big part of the reason. The main issue I have with Revlimid is the astronomical price; my insurance pays 75% of the cost. A grant from a nonprofit foundation has been a huge help in covering the out of pocket."

IowaPaul October 31, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Multiple Myeloma "The first 21 day cycle went really well. No side effects or not feeling well. But when I started the second cycle within the first day I was getting severely ill. I couldn't get up from bed. Dizziness, not being able to focus. My whole body was covered in not a red rash, but a blood red raised welts. I stopped the treatment per my Doctor. "

VAja (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 6, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Multiple Myeloma "Revlimid significantly reduced my cancer levels , also reduced my pains so I could stop taking my Percocet. At this time I just take extra strength Tylenol. The bad side effect was I developed a bad blood clot in my left leg. I am now on a blood thinner."

Anonymous January 19, 2013