User Reviews for Revlimid

Learn more about Revlimid.

Multiple Myeloma 6 reviews 54 medications

5.8
Lymphoma 1 reviews 59 medications

Other 1 reviews

Summary of Revlimid reviews 8 reviews 3.4

Reviews for Revlimid

For Lymphoma "My wife has a rare aggressive cancer called plasmablastic lymphoma PBL she has been on numerous chemos over 8 months which knocked it out of everywhere except the liver. She was accepted to go on Revlimid 25mg (it's still a trial drug in Australia) she took a total of 7 pills over 9 days with dexamethasone the first 4 days. Bottom line she almost had acute liver failure, it nearly killed her. She still hasn't fully recovered from it a month ago. Not saying it want work for others but be very cautious with this drug a watch the patient for reactions."

Husband#2 June 9, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Multiple Myeloma "I had 2 blood clots as a result of a hairline fracture in my ankle. Consequently, I was given Coumadin April 14. I started Revlimid May 7. May 25 I had a new blood clot even though my INR was 3.7 - in range to prevent clotting. I was hospitalized and missed a Memorial Day party. The doctors were baffled and thought the Coumadin was not effective. I disagreed, stopped Revlimid immediately and stayed on Coumadin. I flew to and from Italy this month with no blood clotting...the food was fabulous although I miss some eating great salads. (Kidney issues prevent the other blood thinning remedies)"

Virginia Eanes (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Multiple Myeloma "My sister had multiple myeloma, she took this drug for about 2 months. She developed a blood clot in her heart and died 2 days ago from a cardiac arrest while she was at the hospital. Her quality of life before this was zero while taking revlimid."

Ellabeebee November 4, 2015

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Multiple Myeloma "I have been on Revlimid for about 2 years and the result is my cancer has been at a low level and controlled. I have no side effects that I am aware of. I do however think this medicine is terribly expensive."

kregs (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 20, 2014

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Multiple Myeloma "After several cycles of Velcade, Revlimid and a steroid, my doctor switched me to Revlimid alone. I have had no side effects of note. The Velcade really knocked me out. Shortly after a stem cell transplant, I had a small blood clot that caused double-vision, but that resolved itself in about a month. Now I take a blood thinner (Jantoven). Two-and-a-half years after my transplant, my myeloma is extremely well-controlled, and I'm guessing that Revlimid is a big part of the reason. The main issue I have with Revlimid is the astronomical price; my insurance pays 75% of the cost. A grant from a nonprofit foundation has been a huge help in covering the out of pocket."

IowaPaul October 31, 2013

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Multiple Myeloma "The first 21 day cycle went really well. No side effects or not feeling well. But when I started the second cycle within the first day I was getting severely ill. I couldn't get up from bed. Dizziness, not being able to focus. My whole body was covered in not a red rash, but a blood red raised welts. I stopped the treatment per my Doctor. "

VAja (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 6, 2013

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Multiple Myeloma "Revlimid significantly reduced my cancer levels , also reduced my pains so I could stop taking my Percocet. At this time I just take extra strength Tylenol. The bad side effect was I developed a bad blood clot in my left leg. I am now on a blood thinner."

Anonymous January 19, 2013