User Reviews for Revlimid to treat Multiple Myeloma

Revlimid has an average rating of 6.9 out of 10 from a total of 12 ratings for the treatment of Multiple Myeloma. 58% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 25% reported a negative effect.

Revlimid Rating Summary

6.9/10 average rating

Compare all 58 medications used in the treatment of Multiple Myeloma.

Reviews for Revlimid

Anonymous January 19, 2013

“Revlimid significantly reduced my cancer levels , also reduced my pains so I could stop taking my Percocet. At this time I just take extra strength Tylenol. The bad side effect was I developed a bad blood clot in my left leg. I am now on a blood thinner.”

IowaPaul October 31, 2013

“After several cycles of Velcade, Revlimid and a steroid, my doctor switched me to Revlimid alone. I have had no side effects of note. The Velcade really knocked me out. Shortly after a stem cell transplant, I had a small blood clot that caused double-vision, but that resolved itself in about a month. Now I take a blood thinner (Jantoven). Two-and-a-half years after my transplant, my myeloma is extremely well-controlled, and I'm guessing that Revlimid is a big part of the reason. The main issue I have with Revlimid is the astronomical price; my insurance pays 75% of the cost. A grant from a nonprofit foundation has been a huge help in covering the out of pocket.”

Renee · Taken for 10 years or more January 21, 2021

“I have been taking Revlimid 10mg. as maintenance after my stem cell transplant in 2011. I have had some side effects such as fatigue and IBS. I am still in remission 10 years later. My Oncologist is considering taking me off. I'm nervous and haven't decided what to do. My fear is that my Cancer will come back without the Revlimid. I also realize the seriousness of the possibility of more severe side effects happening the longer I continue to take it.”

kregs · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 20, 2014

“I have been on Revlimid for about 2 years and the result is my cancer has been at a low level and controlled. I have no side effects that I am aware of. I do however think this medicine is terribly expensive.”

Sam · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 25, 2020

“My daughter was taking Revlimid for 18 months with good results as that Kappa level went to almost zero. She looked so good, her hair had grown back, kept her job and was so happy. Suddenly, she became weak, was unable to stand and, tests in the ER indicated she had leukemia. She died in 4 months. I was told that her taking Revlimid led to the leukemia. How can this happen so quickly? It is listed as a side effect ”

Big_King April 27, 2018

“I have been on Revlimid for about 5 years. Initially one 25 mg for 21 days with 7 days off and repeating 28 day cycles. For the first 3.5 I also took dexamethasone with it but stopped that with no ill effects after one more year my doctor cut the dose to one every other day with no negative result. So far so good all this followed a transplant about 14 years ago. While the Revlimid leaves my hands a bit shaky there is no real loss in quality of life.”

VAja · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 6, 2013

“The first 21 day cycle went really well. No side effects or not feeling well. But when I started the second cycle within the first day I was getting severely ill. I couldn't get up from bed. Dizziness, not being able to focus. My whole body was covered in not a red rash, but a blood red raised welts. I stopped the treatment per my Doctor. ”

Ellabeebee November 4, 2015

“My sister had multiple myeloma, she took this drug for about 2 months. She developed a blood clot in her heart and died 2 days ago from a cardiac arrest while she was at the hospital. Her quality of life before this was zero while taking revlimid.”

concerned daughter · Taken for less than 1 month April 24, 2019

“My dad has been taking this Revlimid drug for the last two weeks and his qualify of life has significantly decreased. The only thing that changed within the last two weeks was the Revlimid. He was much functionally when he was on Chemo!”

Tri-Guy · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 3, 2018

“Diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma (MM) in October 2015. Starting in December I received radiation treatments plus Velcade along with Dex. In Summer of 2016 I received Auto SCT at MD Anderson (a truly wonderful hospital), and have been on maintenance dose (5 mg) of Revlimid ever since. I take it every day for three weeks, then off one week. My numbers have been slowly improving with every monthly visit to my Oncologist. So in that aspect, it appears the Revlimid is doing its job. One the down side (and this is only minor), I tend to experience a lot of fatigue for the last ten days of each "on" cycle.”

Jasonhay · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 17, 2018

“Even after induction chemo and 2 autologous stem cell transplants I had a good response but was not in remission. Within a few months myeloma started to worsen. Was started on 15 mg for 21/28 day cycles. I was in remission within 4 months. That was 3 1/2 years ago. Only side effect is irritable bowel and I think it is the cause of a metallic taste in my mouth. Anyway, thanks the affordable online pharmacy that sell the generic drugs prices only 2% of the brand one .”

dontmessswithtx · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 25, 2019

“Took revlimid 25 mg per day as maintenance after auto stem cell transplant for multiple myeloma. It worked to keep my spike down for about 12 months. I consider it to be less than satisfactory for me though it works longer for some.”

Virginia Eanes · Taken for less than 1 month August 21, 2016

“I had 2 blood clots as a result of a hairline fracture in my ankle. Consequently, I was given Coumadin April 14. I started Revlimid May 7. May 25 I had a new blood clot even though my INR was 3.7 - in range to prevent clotting. I was hospitalized and missed a Memorial Day party. The doctors were baffled and thought the Coumadin was not effective. I disagreed, stopped Revlimid immediately and stayed on Coumadin. I flew to and from Italy this month with no blood clotting...the food was fabulous although I miss some eating great salads. (Kidney issues prevent the other blood thinning remedies)”

Sam May 3, 2021