User Reviews for Azilsartan medoxomil systemic

High Blood Pressure
6.2

Summary of Azilsartan medoxomil reviews 6.2 22 reviews

Reviews for Azilsartan medoxomil

Edarbi (azilsartan medoxomil) for High Blood Pressure: "I have been on a variety of different BP meds for over 35 years. The Edarbi keeps it low or even too low and I am often extremely fatigued and feel dizzy. I do better if I skip taking It for a day. The worst for me is the stiffness, muscle aches and excruciating joint pain in my ankles, knees, elbows and back. I feel certain it is from this drug or that it has caused some kind of auto immune response or possibly gout. This whole scenario started after three weeks of taking Edarbi and that is the only drug I am on. I struggled to even walk the other day while shopping which is unheard of for me. Headed to see the Dr next week before I throw out the remaining pills. At this point I would rather try to lower it naturally and take my chances .... feeling like a crippled invalid is not my thing. I am 66 years old and have been active and healthy my entire life."

Chris (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 21, 2018

Edarbi (azilsartan medoxomil) for High Blood Pressure: "I have been taking 40mg of Edarbi for about 3 weeks noticed weight gain (miserable in my clothes) and back and side pain. Also, my demeanour has gone down more like depression! Stopped the medication and will have to find some other blood pressure medication."

Deb (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2018

Edarbi (azilsartan medoxomil) for High Blood Pressure: "Tried this drug for 5 days. Nausea, dizziness, headache, brain fog. First day was okay symptoms got worse everyday afterwards. Went to doctor because head hurt so bad. Doctor took me off and put me back on Diovan. Insurance will not pay for diovan but will pay for edarbi which costs more than diovan."

Bambi (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2018

Edarbi (azilsartan medoxomil) for High Blood Pressure: "Edarbi caused insomnia and a speedy feeling during the day along with strange taste in mouth. It was the only drug I was taking. I was switching from Avapro to Edarbi because the Avapro wasnt keeping my BP down well enough. I had to stop the Edarbi due to these side effects after taking half of a 40 mg pill then reduced to half of that (10mg) still caused the effects that I never had on Avapro and they are the same drug class."

HealthHawk66 (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2018

Edarbi (azilsartan medoxomil) for High Blood Pressure: "I started taking Edarbi for 20 day or so and it was ok, but it seems just recently I felt weakness, fatigue, diarrhea, dehydration, chest pains, and facial spasm over my lip. I had to go to the emergency room for the overall feeling. I wasn’t sure how a medicine that started off ok could do this to me until I read all the reviews. It seems it’s ok for some and bad for others. I may have to look at other options"

Azure (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "This drug is exceptional. For those who give it 1 star because they felt weak or dizzy I bet they need to simply reduce the dose. I only need 10mg/day to drop my bp from 155/90 to 120/70. Don't just trust the docs and take 40 or 80mg because this is a new drug and they don't know how to dose it yet. The trick is to keep lowering the dose until your bp begins to move up from the ideal. Many people here probably only need 20mg/day or maybe just 10mg for it to work."

Nickey G November 10, 2017

Edarbi (azilsartan medoxomil) for High Blood Pressure: "The best blood pressure pill I've taken. My BP stays at 120/70. My doctor said that's the best it's ever been. I've had no side effects from it. I use the prescription card and get it for $40 a month. My Obamacare insurance does not pay for this."

MuchBetter May 8, 2017

Edarbi (azilsartan medoxomil) for High Blood Pressure: "Have been on edarbi for last 4 weeks. Before that I was on Lasartin and few other medications. My BP was always on higher side. May be for the first time in last two years it has come down to the normal levels. First time when they did the reading I asked them to do it again as I was not believing. So far I have not experienced any side effects and I was happy finally some medication is working."

Kannallig May 4, 2017

Edarbi (azilsartan medoxomil) for High Blood Pressure: "This drug is horrible. Took it for three days and could barely get out of bed. Tired, lifeless existence is no life. Been off it for two days and still feel the side effects. Avoid completely"

Betaalum April 4, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "Started on edarbi January 2, 2017 & gained 10 lbs in first 7 days. Other problems, back & muscle pain, insomnia, blurry vision, water retention, thus increasing pressure in chest. I've asked Dr. to get me off this drug 2X, but he insists its the best for me. Insurance does not cover. I do not want to have A-Fib again, but don't want to keep taking this drug either. Now Dr. has put me on fluid restriction, Energy is waning, & I feel not well every day. Dr. won't see me again for 3 months. Not pleased at all."

Female, 72 yrs old, active, (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 13, 2017

Edarbi (azilsartan medoxomil) for High Blood Pressure: "I went on Edarbi 40mg for 2 weeks with had up and down spikes,muscle pain in back,neck and joints.DR increased it to 80mg,developed chest pains with the other pains.Ended up in ER,kept over night and given stress test. After stress test ,I developed severe chest pain and EKG showed a problem. Now waiting for angiogram and taken off edarbi,& PUT ON RAMIPRIL 5mg X 2 a day.The angiogram is a 3 to 6week wait!"

Richie C February 12, 2017

Edarbi (azilsartan medoxomil) for High Blood Pressure: "I was on Benicar 40mg for 7-8 years. It worked great but last year I got pregnant with my first child and had to switch to meds that were safe for the baby. After my pregnancy, my doc put me back on Benicar and suddenly it didn't work for me any more. I started experiencing scary high bp's and side effects I had not had previously. My doc just switched me to Edarbi 80mg. I've only been on it for a week but so far it's working great. My numbers are even a little on the low side. The only side effect I've had is occasional dizziness when I stand up. I'm praying I don't get any other side effects. My doctor told me that it is pricey but he gave me a discount card to try. Right now I'm still using the samples he gave me."

E Kirby February 10, 2017

Edarbi (azilsartan medoxomil) for High Blood Pressure: "I havd been taking Losartan 50 mg for 10 years. I had eclampsia with my second baby and never went back to normal. 5'10" 158 lbs very active 45 year old woman. I excersice and on low salt diet for years. It stopped working and my Cardiologist put me on Edarbi 80 mg. Worst drug I've tried. I've been on it for 3 weeks. My BP is getting higher and higher. Last reading of 180/100 today. From second dose I've had chest pressure, shortness of breath, really bad back pain. Left arm pain... fluttering in my heart. I had never had any of this symptoms before. The only thing that has changed was Edarbi. I'm really scared and seeing my doctor tomorrow to stop thus drug immediately. Not worked for me :("

Petunina December 5, 2016

Edarbi (azilsartan medoxomil) for High Blood Pressure: "Active in my 40's and tried other BPs but they never worked well. Tried Edarbi by cutting the 40mg in half and taking 20mg/day and BP plummeted to 120/70. It has a much greater affinity to the angiotensin receptor and for a much longer period than any other ARB which is why it is the best, thus you don't need much for it to work. Side effects are dizziness if you bend over for a bit and then stand up. You can get briefly lightheaded so you need to not move to make sure you don't fall down if that happens. Other than that none but I also take half the lowest dose."

Former Athlete (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 29, 2016

Edarbi (azilsartan medoxomil) for High Blood Pressure: "Writing this in behalf of my Aunt Stella, She is a healthy, robust 87 year old female. She is active, rides her bicycle, prepares all of her own meals is on a strict Mediterranean Diet inspired by the Greek Islands, Chios, Koz and Lesbos. As is often the case she is plied by multiple physicians with as many pharmaceuticals as they can justify. They most recent is Edarbi. She has gone from an active elder to a doped out Zombie. Definitely DO NOT recommend. Needless to say we have confiscated the drug and will report back in a few days with the outcome."

Stella from Chios (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2016

Edarbi (azilsartan medoxomil) for High Blood Pressure: "This medication made me feel dizzy, tired, muscle weakness and cramping. I felt un well daily."

Veronica Haynes March 25, 2016

Edarbi (azilsartan medoxomil) for High Blood Pressure: "I really think this medicine is the best I have tried. Sometimes I even go too low, it works so well. Also it's an exellent choice if using pain medicine. It helps with withdrawels when its time to get off. It's the best medice out there for this purpose also. It's annoying that its so expensive and my insurance wont cover it but I am going to try the discount card from the site."

IloveEdarbi (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 16, 2015

Edarbi (azilsartan medoxomil) for High Blood Pressure: "I am 69, insulin diabetic, ileostomate for UC over 30 years, stage 3 ckd, my insurance company sent me letter discontinuing valsartan 160 (took 2x day with hctz 13.5 and coreg. I also take 100 mcg of synthroid. My doctor gave samples of edarbi 80. and fatigue, sleepiness weight gain, blurry vision worsened in the past three weeks. My insurance only allows one dose a day of edarbi and has informed me that since I am low income that my copay will not increase so I am not planning to reduce edarbi or spread it out. I sometimes delay taking my once a day dose for up to sixteen hours due to low bp and when it does rise the systolic takes longer to come down on edarbi than on valsartan. I take K supplements."

moonwatcher December 5, 2014

Edarbi (azilsartan medoxomil) for High Blood Pressure: "I had used over 15 different medicines trying to control my high blood pressure. Either they would not work or give me undesirable side effects. Ever since my doctor prescribed Edarbi and Edarbyclor my pressure has stayed around 120/70, great news for me and my doctor. It had got to the point she could not find any other medication to prescribe. Another thing I like about this is that even though they are relatively new, they are not as expensive as I would expect."

Joselo September 2, 2013

Edarbi (azilsartan medoxomil) for High Blood Pressure: "It is a bit pricey but has been very effective at keeping my blood pressure in check. My readings have been very consistent. I take the 80 mg and I have not experienced any side effects at all. I haven't had any insurance but I get it for $39 with a prescription discount card. I will see how the cost is when I get Medicare D."

EpDavid June 7, 2013

Edarbi (azilsartan medoxomil) for High Blood Pressure: "Works very well at keeping my blood pressure in check, but careful for the dizziness it can cause. I will pop up out of my chair at work, or off the couch at home, start walking & then nearly drop to the floor because the dizziness overcomes me! Stand up slowly!"

Anonymous October 14, 2012

For High Blood Pressure: "I've been battling high blood pressure for 30 years and this medicine combined with Carvedilol seems to be working the best for me thus far. It's taken approximately 3 months in order to get the blood pressure under control. I was running around 180/90 and now measure 120/60 average. If you start this medicine be patient and give it time to work. I've experienced virtually no side effects so far....knock on wood."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 21, 2012