Azilsartan Medoxomil Dosage
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Apr 17, 2023.
Applies to the following strengths: 40 mg; 80 mg
Usual Adult Dose for:
Additional dosage information:
Usual Adult Dose for Hypertension
80 mg orally once a day
Comments: Consider a starting dose of 40 mg orally once a day for patients on high diuretic doses.
Renal Dose Adjustments
No adjustment recommended
Liver Dose Adjustments
Mild to moderate liver dysfunction: No adjustment recommended
Severe liver dysfunction: Unknown
US BOXED WARNING:
- FETAL TOXICITY: If pregnancy is detected, discontinue this drug as soon as possible. Drugs that act directly on the renin angiotensin system (RAS) can cause injury and death to the developing fetus.
Safety and efficacy have not been established in patients younger than 18 years.
Consult WARNINGS section for additional precautions.
Data not available
Administration advice: Administer with or without food.
Monitoring: Assess renal function and serum electrolytes prior to initiating therapy and periodically during treatment.
- Females of childbearing age should be informed of the consequences of exposure to this drug during pregnancy; ask these patients to report pregnancies as soon as possible.
- Encourage patients to report any lightheadedness that may occur during treatment initiation and to stop taking this drug until consulting a physician if syncope occurs.
- Dehydration may lead to excess blood pressure reduction; inform patients to contact their healthcare provider if they experience excessive perspiration, vomiting, or diarrhea.
More about azilsartan medoxomil
- Check interactions
- Compare alternatives
- Reviews (44)
- Side effects
- During pregnancy
- Drug class: angiotensin receptor blockers
- En español
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.