User Reviews for Atomoxetine

Also known as: Strattera

Learn more about Atomoxetine.

Depression 3 reviews 80 medications

5.7
ADHD 274 reviews 36 medications

5.6
Social Anxiety Disorder 2 reviews 6 medications

4.5
Summary of Atomoxetine reviews 279 reviews 5.2

Reviews for Atomoxetine

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "Well, started taking strattera around 6 weeks back, had ADHD since I was a child. (23 now) been on ritilin and a couple of other ones when I was young, can't remember the name of the other two. Took myself off the meds when I was old enough to leave school, looking at how people are describing their children's symptoms are bringing it all back. How every day at school trying to eat was the biggest challenge, YES I could sit still, YES I was "well behaved" but all the time every day I just felt ill. All some parents and mostly schools care about is if every child in the room is quiet and being educated. I'd never felt so free when I took myself off the meds. Strattera is kind of working for me now but is causing a lot of changes to my body"

M neeson (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 9, 2017

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "My daughter was diagnosed with ADD in the 1st grade. I didn't want to start her on a stimulant right away and our pediatrician recommended we try Strattera. I am happy to say that my daughter is now in 11th grade and has been on Straterra her entire time in school...we went through all the ups and downs of titrating the meds, which combo worked and which upset her tummy but all in all this has been the best med for her. She is now on 80 mg and has been since she stopped growing. Unfortunately, the meds have gotten extremely expensive and even with a coupon, I will have to pay over $350/month to keep her on this until we hit our $5,600 deductible. I am very disappointed in the manufacturer that they have hiked the meds so high."

Gayle from Ohio (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 28, 2016

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "Strattera is the worst ADHD medicine I've ever been on! I was originally on Ritalin (worked well, but not long enough), then on Vyvance (worked great but doctor didn't like my higher blood pressure) and now I'm finally off Strattera after being on it for 11 months, because it didn't work! My doctor is concerned about high blood pressure that can trigger heart attacks and strokes. I'm having lots of problems coming off the Strattera. My doctor is not willing to help with a medication change. Doctors don't know what it is like to experience the problems of ADHD and what we go through."

Not Functioning (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 27, 2016

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "Well I been on this medication since I was 9 to about 13 years on age and I was wondering was that a to long amount of years on medication I'm 19 now"

Poetry ring (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 27, 2016

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "Hey all! I've seen where some people have mentioned the cost of Strattera. I have insurance and my copay was still $45. I actually got online and googled Strattera discount cards and my pharmacy let me use it on top of my insurance. My prescription ended up being free and I can still get a discounted price each month so I'm pretty stoked! "

Lisha1987 December 23, 2016

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "Struggled with life at home, at work, with relationships. I have never taken stimulants, and I had anxiety and ADHD. Straterra has changed my life. Anxiety - gone Attention - noticeably improved. This is a medication you have to be patient with. 1st 2 weeks - felt like I was going to pass out of pure exhaustion, constipation, felt zero improvement (40mg.) 3rd week - anxiety amazingly disappeared (60mg.). - Realized my confusion was in fact anxiety (not lack of intelligence). - Job performance - started seeing noticeable improvement to the point to where I was amazing myself. - Obsessive thoughts - gone - Can sit in my seat for longer periods of time and easily tackle many tasks like it's a piece of cake! - Handle stress with ease"

Woman started meds in my 40's. (taken for less than 1 month) December 18, 2016

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "My 16 year old son was diagnosed with ADHD at age 4. We went through several meds at first and Concerta worked the best for him. He took the drug for 10 years increasing dosage when needed. Things seemed to be fine or at least better on the med than off. This last year he became impossible to live with. Argumentative (more than normal), irritable at home, mouthy and his grades were tanking! I initially chalked it up to regular teenagerhood! Then I had an inkling that maybe he needed to switch meds. He started taking Strattera on Monday and 4 days later is a different kid. PLEASANT is the first word that comes to mind. WOW, no arguments! No mouthiness! He left just now I said, have fun, I love you! He replied Love you too! Wha??? HAPPY MOM!!!"

Mom jk December 2, 2016

For ADHD: "My son ADHD sensory processing and now since putting him on strattera 10 mg diagnosed aspergers is off and on with strattera . I see improvement but after a few weeks psychiatrist out him on respirodone half of .25 . However , not sure what is working anymore ."

Zenperson (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 27, 2016

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "I am just starting to take this medication. I'm 54 years old. I was diagnosed ADHD in 2006 but never took this medication. I hope I'm not making a mistake. For now my insurance pays for it 100% because I met my out of pocket max for the year. I have harken insurance which is phenomenal insurance if you can get it. It's not offered in every state but Georgia is one. It sounds very expensive but the main point is that it helps my the ability to focus and be more productive and not feel tired or irritable"

Luiggi atlanta (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2016

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "I started give this medication to my 7years old we started with 18mg, 25mg and now 40mg, no change on his behavior yet 40mg it only been 2wks that he is taking it, but one thing is he is more aggressive, crying a lot but I am going to continue for 2more wks to see if any changes after that definitely I will call the doctor to change this med."

Double dd (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 2, 2016

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "First of all, unless Strattera is seriously messing with your brain, you should really be patient and keep taking it to see if it really works. I thought several times about quitting, but since I have been fighting depression and ADHD my whole life, why not give it another month to take effect? I started a month at 25mg, a month at 40mg, and about 2 weeks at 80mg. Wow, have things really taken off for me! I am getting so much done at home and am motivated to get a job again! The one downside is the cost. Seriously? My insurance won't cover it so my 80mg prescription was almost $500! To combat nausea, take with food always! It may interact with vitamins too, so take those at the opposite time of day. Most side effects went away after 2 wks."

Flip1226 October 27, 2016

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "Been on Straterra for about a month now. Only thing I've noticed is that it gives me heart burn. I've also become more agitated. Has not helped with focus at all. Still daydream. Still very forgetful. This medication really sucks for me. I know alot of Dr's hate giving stimulant drugs for ADHD but it's what helps me. I personally think if you are gonna take a non-stimulant drug you might as well take all-natural meds."

BRIAN123! October 21, 2016

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "Hi, I'm from the UK. I have been taking atomoxetine for roughly 5 months for my ADD which was diagnosed late. The medication had been ok. Recently it's impact on me has started to reduce. I feel that I am able to continue with tasks but am unable to apply focus on to the task. In other words I feel able to continue doing a thing but the quality of my effort seems diluted (beyond help). This is frustrating because I have to repeat things several times (such as reading things for my Masters degree). It has more or less ended other symptoms such as daydreaming, inability to continue at things, sleep problems, memory issues (though this to a smaller extent over time).I am going to get it changed though it works for some better than others."

Zak Khan October 14, 2016

For ADHD: "Started strattera (atomoxetine) after trying concerta as doctor said the non-stimulant might suit me better than the stimulant medication. The side effects of this drug were not as bad as taking the stimulant but after being on it for over 3months, the only benefit i noticed was improved sleep. Sleep through for like 7 hours where as before was waking up several times throughout the night. Generally felt weird taking this drug and had increased anxiety. Can't say that it helped any of my ADHD symptoms, actually made them worse maybe partly due to increased anxiety therefore doctor has taken me off it."

Dwayne2016 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 11, 2016

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "I'm just starting the journey of the medication. I never wanted to be on meds cause I am a chef and did not want my taste buds affected. I have to say in one week I feel really hopeful, less irritable and focused and CLeAR. I can see my goals clear and am knocking things out one by one and not so stressed. It's working as a anti depressant too. I'm excited. I really am. I'm reading that the journey has just began but I'm going to see it though. Adderall is a mess and we use it for a buzz and to be high all night. I actually am done with those days and want to start to get my life on track. How is it with drinking? I don't drink much but since I began to be a working chef we have a ton of wine pairings. Would be nice to join in with clients"

Hooeful unicorn (taken for less than 1 month) October 7, 2016

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "Strattera was my first treatment after I was diagnosed with ADHD PI for six months. First week on 40 mg, then 80 mg and the last three months on 100 mg. I didn't improve any symptom, but it worsen everything. I got negative effects, from the sexual side (no erections just after taking Strattera,). My mood was really unstable, with peeks of depressing episodes and rage outbursts on the last weeks. Now I'm quitting it, and I got some discontinuing effect as tension on my head and anxiety. On the next week I'll start with methyphenidate and I hope the best."

tonyloco (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 1, 2016

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "I have aspergers and ADD and started taking strattera when I was about 9 or 10. And in just two months I lost over 20 kg (44 pounds) I was so skinny but I didn't change because I had tried everything else and this was the smallest side effects I had so far. But after I quit just over a month ago (I'm 17 now) I realized that the medication had caused me to have severe depression for all my childhood, I'm really happy for the first time in forever. and the medication had made me more angry and restless than when not taking them."

Sofop September 28, 2016

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "I've been taking Strattera since I was finally diagnosed in February with predominately inattentive type ADHD and I think I might stop taking it altogether. It's helped with my attention span a little, but the side effects largely overshadow this. I have never experienced such agonizing headaches since I started taking this medication, to the point where I've had to call off work several times because I'm so nauseous from the pain. It might just be the combination of medications (I also take Wellbutrin, Zoloft, and Trazodone), but I'd rather live without the headaches than continue taking Strattera hoping it will one day work."

pandacity (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 19, 2016

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "I have taken Strattera for almost 5 years now and its a wonder drug for me personally. Without this drug my mind really really races and I can help it with exercise and things like that to get the energy out, but I'm not on the same beat as others. When I take Strattera, everything slows down and I'm on the same beat and wavelength as everyone else. Social conversations go better and I'm able to stay on task with work and actually get things done. I've found taking it on an empty stomach can be bit sickening, but other than that no downsides for me. I take 40 mg 1 or 2x a day as needed and find it wears off in 6-8 hours for me. I'm extremely ADHD but have no depression at all, very happy person always have been."

techwiz123 September 19, 2016

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "People bad talk this stuff but it has helped me immensely with attention span, focus, socializing, depression, and my executive function overall. Helped almost immediately for me. Very few side effects. Good stuff"

jonathan bbb September 13, 2016

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "Great stuff. Like any ADD med, if you have underlying depression or anxiety, I can see how this could exacerbate it. Caffeine used to make me super depressed. Take care of your depression before starting a stimulant. Anyways, this stuff is great. Vyvanse would make me super edgy and basically feel like ripping the world's juggler out with my bare hands. This stuff feels like that peak 5 minutes of coffee where you're like 'damn I wish this could last all day!' I sleep way better, I have a ton more energy. Things done bother me as much as they used to so I can focus on my work more However, you should really work out to burn it off otherwise you could get a little aggressive. I know that I really don't put up with any shit while I'm on it"

Hugh Mungus (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2016

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "Was only on this for 4 days. I yook 25mg in the mornings. The side effects were bad and got progressively worse. My head felt weird and also headaches that lasted hours on end. Took extra long to fall asleep the third day. I barely ate the third and fourth day because the naseua was so bad. I would eat something small then feel like vomitting. The last day I tried to take it before bedtime as directed to try to sleep through the bad parts, but ended up calling off work because of severe insomnia. I would not recommend this stuff for anyone. Stay away from this stuff!"

Annonymousss95301 September 8, 2016

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "28 year old female.I have both positives and negative effects. I have been on Strattera for six weeks Side effects constipation,dry mouth,anger and terrible insomnia. I cannot sleep even after taking zoplicone 7.5mg I struggle and when I eventually do get to sleep I don't sleep for more than 5 hours and its always broken I wake up several times so am always left feeling exhausted. My mood swings however have massive improved, pretty much stopped which I'm very happy about. Only complaint with mood is that I seem to become very angry over little things, I have had several arguments when I have always suffered with anxiety so am not confrontational at all.I am not happy and going to consult my psychiatrist regarding changing meds"

Natalia56 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 8, 2016

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "This drug literally sedates me lol. I honestly naturally function at 1000mph from the second I wake up. I've never had to drink coffee in my life until I started taking strattera... So I guess the drug made me normal. Also my troubles in school went away along with impulsiveness and bad decisions."

themankevin7 September 4, 2016

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "I see a lot of mixed reviews on this. It's obvious this drug is EXTREMELY helpful on some and on others its completely ineffective, and can even do harm. My suggestion is to try it out for a month. If you don't feel the effects of it, try it for another month and if you still don't then switch to another drug. If you start feeling agitated by it, get off it immediately. For me strattera has worked wonders. I am 18 years of age, and have noticed the effects after my 4th week of taking it. My mind feels clearer, and I feel more motivated to focus on things I would usually find boring. The effects are reflected in my ACT score: my score has gone up a whole 6 points since first taking it. I wholeheartedly recommend strattera to anyone with ADD."

Ty111135 September 4, 2016