User Reviews for Atomoxetine systemic

ADHD
5.4

Summary of Atomoxetine reviews 5.5 348 reviews

Reviews for Atomoxetine

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "I have taken this meds over 5 month (10 mg a day) now. It definitely improved as far as concentration, cleared cluttered thought in my head. Now I have no anxiety while I drive because I can focus better. This meds takes time to effect on you and it works if you give it a time. Everybody is different but this meds worked for me without side effect. Be patient with this meds and it will work wonder!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 10, 2018

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "My son took Strattera for 3 months to treat ADHD. He had slight depression when he started it and the doctor said Strattera would help with that. After no improvement in 1 month, his dosage was doubled. Within a few weeks he began self harming. We thought it was the depression, but looking back it linked to the increase of Strattera. This drug and the side effects sent him on a spiral of medication and hospitalizations and could have cost him his life. Stay away!! Read the side effects. Watch for any signs of behavior change and do not take them lightly. This is dangerous!"

Mom November 10, 2018

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "This med has been the best thing to happen to me. I do feel nausea for a bit after taking it but I started on 40mg dose literally felt amazing after first week . As for a lot of you saying your having horrible effects, there are misdiagnosis all the time and depending on what other meds your taking will change how each person is affected by the med, and everyones body's are different so might suit different meds "

Pacer October 16, 2018

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "My son was switched to this after an increase in a different med didn't work but the lower dose was not enough. This medication did the absolute opposite. He was sent home from school early day 2,3,and 4 on this medication. An hour after giving the medication he was a different child .. even more impulsive and hyperactive. I kept saying to myself he needs time for it to get in a system.... it needs to build up in his system. After dealing with these awful behaviors and him being sent home I finally called the pharmacist because his doctor was not open being a weekend. the pharmacist agreed that it was a failure to treat with this medication."

Adhdmom (taken for less than 1 month) October 15, 2018

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "Does nothing. No side effects, no effects at all to be honest."

Tricky Dicky (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 7, 2018

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "Before I start, I would like to point out that while I have never taken Strattera, my brother has, and it has completely changed who he is as a person. He was diagnosed with ADHD when he was six-- we were so lucky it was caught that early-- and, after a few fluctuations in dosage, ended up on 35mg a day. I can't even explain how much of a difference I noticed in him-- he went from constantly hyper, selfish, and distracted (I understand that those were not his fault, though) to a focused individual with passions. Strattera did stunt his growth-- he's been taking it for seven years now, and at age 13 is 4"6 and 70 pounds-- but I think he would agree with me when I say it is so worth it; he often comments how glad he is to have it. Even after seven years it continues to work well."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 4, 2018

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "Felt depressed, tight chest symptoms, and nauseas. Did not focus any better."

Ovechkinfan8 (taken for less than 1 month) September 25, 2018

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "I was diagnosed with ADD as an adult in my 30's, I'm now 51. I was prescribed Adderall after my diagnosis. The treatment helped me make remarkable changes in my life during the first few years. Initially the side effects from Adderall were a real nuisance. Fast forward 13 years and I started seeing diminished benefit so I discontinued Adderall. A year later it was apparent that I needed to resume some type of treatment. Due to my increase in age, doctors wanted to try Strattera. I've been medicated on Strattera for over 2 months. I had almost decided to throw in the towel but finally noticed some changes. I feel like my mood, decision making skills and overall energy are improving. The drug has no affect on concentration compared to Adderall so we will need to address that. A great side affect is that my desire to over-eat has diminished! My appetite is controlled but not erased the way it was on Adderall."

Bill September 20, 2018

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "They said I could experience insomnia, constipation, and nausea and that if I stuck with it they may go away. I got all the side effects after 4 days taking this and not sleeping at all, having absolute constipation on lock down and feeling like I just rode the zipper at the county fair if I so much as sat in a vehicle or turned my head too fast . I stopped taking this stuff! It took another 5 days to SLOWLY get back to being able to sleep, being able to use the rest room normally and once again experiencing no nausea. I would recommend reject any Doctor who prescribes this and run if they try to use you as a guinea pig and push the medicine on you!"

OhMyNo (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2018

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "I took Strattera 10mg for a few days but had to stop. Even at 10mg, constant headaches, tiredness, hot flashes, heart palpitations and my skin felt tight and a bit itchy. There was more but I'll stop there. No thanks. I know some people say wait it out for 4-6 weeks because its worth it, but I have a feeling, given how terrible I feel on it that It won't work out. Everyone is different and while it will probably work for other people, It's not working with me. It's also very expensive."

Markus (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2018

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "The first 2 months on it are awesome... focus, drive, energy.. but I need a nap 5 hours after I take it. Then there’s a shift. I’ve done this twice..: Taking 80mg for 2 months then all of a sudden, I’m ANGRY. Agitated. Outbursting. CANNOT focus to save my life.. And EXHAUSTED. I’ve never tried Ritalin but I may now."

Tawna (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2018

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "I have been using this for 7 months, starting at 40mg and slowly increasing to 80mg. I have had no side effects other that tiredness, but also no impact on symptoms."

Starterra (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 21, 2018

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "I got diagnosed with ADHD-PI (Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder predominantly inattentive) and chronic depression last year at 24, this is one of the best medicines for ADHD. I struggle with inattention and mind chatter all the time, and have been in college for 7 years. However last year was my best year in college, when I was on Strattera (also known as Attentrol) with B Wellbutrin. Don't lose hope and give it at least 8-10 weeks before you see the effects, and honestly it is unreal and has worked wonders on myself. The side effects when I first started taking this drug was pretty intense the first week, but after that I gradually started with 20mg a day to 60mg a day now. The mind chatter was gone in a week, with my attention significantly improving. We live in a society where Patience is no longer a virtue and people want results ASAP. That will not happen with Strattera, but if you were to give it a few weeks, then you would exactly know what I am talking about."

shrizit (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 17, 2018

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "I’ve tried most, if not all of the AHDH medications, and this is the only one to work. However, I have found the side effects to be unbearable. It causes the worst nausea, that makes you want to skip breakfast AND lunch. I have tried nausea medications, but they just create more problems. The only way to reduce the nausea is to eat, which is the one thing I just don’t want to do. So, I’m stuck without medication."

Rose (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 17, 2018

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "This medication is wonderful. Has improved my concentration and no side effects. Of course no medication is going to be perfect but no issues with this one."

CA (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 15, 2018

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "Worst experience of my life. I couldn't handle the side effects for a second day. About 1 hour after taking it I was exhausted slept for about 2 hours woke up disoriented with a killer headache cotton mouth and goosebumps. I didn't want to get up or do anything. I had to pee every 20-30 minutes. Felt sad couldn't sleep well the next day. I had forgotten most of what happened the day before. I told my Dr and they didn't believe me but told me they could prescribe me an anti anxiety med. I went in for my ADHD I don't understand her reasoning."

S.w. (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2018

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "Today is fifteenth day with strattera. Actually its pretty good. But I'm really really emotional. This morning I cried because my girlfriend didn't have sex with me -_-"

kognitif (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2018

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "I used it for 5 days before having a near psychotic break. I do not recommend.Ever."

Ribbe (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2018

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "It didn’t work and I wasted weeks increasing the doses (with horrible side effects) to prove that didn’t work. There was a couple of days with the high dose that seemed like it was doing something.. I had terrible hot flashes, chills, nauseas, palpitations... and they lasted for weeks. With the first dose it took me also one day for the side effects to disappear, but with the higher dose it took 3 weeks to complete disappear without bringing any good effect."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 15, 2018

For ADHD: "Like many others with ADHD that are in recovery from either drugs and/or alcohol, I was forced to take this in lieu of Vyvanse and it's a complete joke. Farcical experience as I felt absolutely nothing and symptoms did not improve in the slightest after 2-3 months on the medication and appropriately dosed. All the data shows that untreated ADHD coupled with AUD (alcohol use disorder) is a recipe for disaster. My addictionologist and I took our chances on Adderall XR and, a year later, my quality of life improved immensely. So grateful to have found an addiction specialist that actually looks at the data and is open to more progressive treatment modalities instead of being influenced by the corrupt treatment industry that pushes costly meds (like Strattera, it's insane for how little it actually does) to line their pockets. Just be honest if it increases cravings and try something else if it doesn't work, but I wouldn't bother with atomoxetine/Strattera unless you take pleasure in burning a pile of your cash."

CB4ATL July 12, 2018

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "I suffer from drug and alcohol addiction so it is important (for me) to steer clear of stimulants. I have awful ADHD, so my doc started me on strattera a couple months ago and my fidgeting and inability to focus have both lessened dramatically. I started with 80mg for one week, then jumped straight to 100mg. My very first day I experienced mild nausea along with 6 straight hours of goosebumps (weird, but whatever), but no side effects since. It has helped me a lot and I'm glad I'm on it."

couth July 9, 2018

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "Strattera works well for me. Lets be straight with the facts folk. Strattera should be dosed at least to 1.2 mg /per kilo body weight Or 80 mg a day (optimal dose for most people) - if you take less then 1.2 mg/kg the risk is high that the effect that you feel is too low or placebo - (this is proven in lots of real life medical trials). After about 6-8 weeks (during which your blood pressure is taken regularly) - its effect should be evaluated by your doctor - please have patience with the medicine to work. If the response is to low - it should be dosed up to 100 mg or higher. A doctor should know this things - its mandatory in Sweden to have this knowledge among doctors below 80mg a day is SUBOPTIMAL dosing. 100-120 mg should not be exceeded. This fact in the "medical sheet/package" with your medicine. Please inform your doc about this simple facts."

mirac69 May 3, 2018

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "Strattera is the most efficient medication for me. It helps with my concentration in class and at home. It started working for me the first day I took it and I’ve been taking it for more than a year now. It used to give me dizziness when I took it in the morning after breakfast... so something helpful I found is to take it after dinner on a full stomach so that the side affects don’t occur while I am awake because they ware off as you are sleeping."

A.A (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 11, 2018

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "Not good only took a 25mg pill went to zombie status. Not good"

K (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2018

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "18 yr old haven't been treated for my ADHD till now. Took a month before I adjusted to them afterwards I was alright. It helps me maintain focus while balancing out my emotions that seemed to go up in the day and down at night. It makes me feel like I can truly be myself and become self sufficient and independent when I need to be. Had issues with starting/completing chores and now I remember what I'm doing just fine! A great alternative for those who don't want stimulants or have inattentive ADHD."

Sylveon (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2018