User Reviews for Atomoxetine

Social Anxiety Disorder
4.5

Summary of Atomoxetine reviews 5.4 339 reviews

Reviews for Atomoxetine

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "I took Strattera 10mg for a few days but had to stop. Even at 10mg, constant headaches, tiredness, hot flashes, heart palpitations and my skin felt tight and a bit itchy. There was more but I'll stop there. No thanks. I know some people say wait it out for 4-6 weeks because its worth it, but I have a feeling, given how terrible I feel on it that It won't work out. Everyone is different and while it will probably work for other people, It's not working with me. It's also very expensive."

Markus (taken for less than 1 month) September 14, 2018

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "The first 2 months on it are awesome... focus, drive, energy.. but I need a nap 5 hours after I take it. Then there’s a shift. I’ve done this twice..: Taking 80mg for 2 months then all of a sudden, I’m ANGRY. Agitated. Outbursting. CANNOT focus to save my life.. And EXHAUSTED. I’ve never tried Ritalin but I may now."

Tawna (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2018

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "I have been using this for 7 months, starting at 40mg and slowly increasing to 80mg. I have had no side effects other that tiredness, but also no impact on symptoms."

Starterra (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 21, 2018

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "I got diagnosed with ADHD-PI (Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder predominantly inattentive) and chronic depression last year at 24, this is one of the best medicines for ADHD. I struggle with inattention and mind chatter all the time, and have been in college for 7 years. However last year was my best year in college, when I was on Strattera (also known as Attentrol) with B Wellbutrin. Don't lose hope and give it at least 8-10 weeks before you see the effects, and honestly it is unreal and has worked wonders on myself. The side effects when I first started taking this drug was pretty intense the first week, but after that I gradually started with 20mg a day to 60mg a day now. The mind chatter was gone in a week, with my attention significantly improving. We live in a society where Patience is no longer a virtue and people want results ASAP. That will not happen with Strattera, but if you were to give it a few weeks, then you would exactly know what I am talking about."

shrizit (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 17, 2018

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "I’ve tried most, if not all of the AHDH medications, and this is the only one to work. However, I have found the side effects to be unbearable. It causes the worst nausea, that makes you want to skip breakfast AND lunch. I have tried nausea medications, but they just create more problems. The only way to reduce the nausea is to eat, which is the one thing I just don’t want to do. So, I’m stuck without medication."

Rose (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 17, 2018

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "This medication is wonderful. Has improved my concentration and no side effects. Of course no medication is going to be perfect but no issues with this one."

CA (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 15, 2018

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "Worst experience of my life. I couldn't handle the side effects for a second day. About 1 hour after taking it I was exhausted slept for about 2 hours woke up disoriented with a killer headache cotton mouth and goosebumps. I didn't want to get up or do anything. I had to pee every 20-30 minutes. Felt sad couldn't sleep well the next day. I had forgotten most of what happened the day before. I told my Dr and they didn't believe me but told me they could prescribe me an anti anxiety med. I went in for my ADHD I don't understand her reasoning."

S.w. (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2018

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "Today is fifteenth day with strattera. Actually its pretty good. But I'm really really emotional. This morning I cried because my girlfriend didn't have sex with me -_-"

kognitif (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2018

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "I used it for 5 days before having a near psychotic break. I do not recommend.Ever."

Ribbe (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2018

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "It didn’t work and I wasted weeks increasing the doses (with horrible side effects) to prove that didn’t work. There was a couple of days with the high dose that seemed like it was doing something.. I had terrible hot flashes, chills, nauseas, palpitations... and they lasted for weeks. With the first dose it took me also one day for the side effects to disappear, but with the higher dose it took 3 weeks to complete disappear without bringing any good effect."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 15, 2018

For ADHD: "Like many others with ADHD that are in recovery from either drugs and/or alcohol, I was forced to take this in lieu of Vyvanse and it's a complete joke. Farcical experience as I felt absolutely nothing and symptoms did not improve in the slightest after 2-3 months on the medication and appropriately dosed. All the data shows that untreated ADHD coupled with AUD (alcohol use disorder) is a recipe for disaster. My addictionologist and I took our chances on Adderall XR and, a year later, my quality of life improved immensely. So grateful to have found an addiction specialist that actually looks at the data and is open to more progressive treatment modalities instead of being influenced by the corrupt treatment industry that pushes costly meds (like Strattera, it's insane for how little it actually does) to line their pockets. Just be honest if it increases cravings and try something else if it doesn't work, but I wouldn't bother with atomoxetine/Strattera unless you take pleasure in burning a pile of your cash."

CB4ATL July 12, 2018

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "I suffer from drug and alcohol addiction so it is important (for me) to steer clear of stimulants. I have awful ADHD, so my doc started me on strattera a couple months ago and my fidgeting and inability to focus have both lessened dramatically. I started with 80mg for one week, then jumped straight to 100mg. My very first day I experienced mild nausea along with 6 straight hours of goosebumps (weird, but whatever), but no side effects since. It has helped me a lot and I'm glad I'm on it."

couth July 9, 2018

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "Strattera works well for me. Lets be straight with the facts folk. Strattera should be dosed at least to 1.2 mg /per kilo body weight Or 80 mg a day (optimal dose for most people) - if you take less then 1.2 mg/kg the risk is high that the effect that you feel is too low or placebo - (this is proven in lots of real life medical trials). After about 6-8 weeks (during which your blood pressure is taken regularly) - its effect should be evaluated by your doctor - please have patience with the medicine to work. If the response is to low - it should be dosed up to 100 mg or higher. A doctor should know this things - its mandatory in Sweden to have this knowledge among doctors below 80mg a day is SUBOPTIMAL dosing. 100-120 mg should not be exceeded. This fact in the "medical sheet/package" with your medicine. Please inform your doc about this simple facts."

mirac69 May 3, 2018

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "Strattera is the most efficient medication for me. It helps with my concentration in class and at home. It started working for me the first day I took it and I’ve been taking it for more than a year now. It used to give me dizziness when I took it in the morning after breakfast... so something helpful I found is to take it after dinner on a full stomach so that the side affects don’t occur while I am awake because they ware off as you are sleeping."

A.A (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 11, 2018

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "Not good only took a 25mg pill went to zombie status. Not good"

K (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2018

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "18 yr old haven't been treated for my ADHD till now. Took a month before I adjusted to them afterwards I was alright. It helps me maintain focus while balancing out my emotions that seemed to go up in the day and down at night. It makes me feel like I can truly be myself and become self sufficient and independent when I need to be. Had issues with starting/completing chores and now I remember what I'm doing just fine! A great alternative for those who don't want stimulants or have inattentive ADHD."

Sylveon (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2018

For ADHD: "I am 52 years old. I have had ADHD my entire life. I was diagnosed formally at about 45 after an antidepressant was given to me for some issues I had after my divorce. This new generic Straterra SUCKS!!! The side effects are bad. Long road to finding the daily routine of 60-70 mg of Straterra( active dose) and 25- 50mg of generic zoloft sertraline"

Kim (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 26, 2018

For ADHD: "Started at 40mg and eventually went to 100mg. No changes. May have made me tired. Useless as a medication for CYP2D gene carriers."

Anja (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 22, 2018

For ADHD: "I started with 20mg which made me really sleepy and basically did nothing. Upped to 40mg and I thought I "felt" something, but there were no major changes. Upped the dose to 60mg for 2 months, I wasn't feeling sleepy anymore, but there were no major changes either. 80mg... nothing. I spent 3-4 months total trying out this stuff and few hundred bucks. Now I'm off the drug and I feel the SAME, the exact... same."

Jose (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 5, 2018

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "Tried it last year, it was great for my confidence, libido, and overall well being. It started to keep me up at night for at least a couple hours however, and I was experiencing painful nerve pain on my right calf muscle. I was also losing hair, which I attributed to another medication I was on. I started back up this year at a much lower dosage, and experienced the same leg pain and started to lose my hair again! Also strange that it treats ADHD however I had troubles reading a book. Had to quit due to these unfortunate, odd side effects."

Carolyn (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 5, 2018

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "I have been taking this medication for about a week now for ADD at 40mg. I had nausea the first couple of days and slight headaches. I decided to take one day off from it, and I have had a migraine all day. Medicine can sort of help with focus especially for me since severely scatter brained and forgetful and definitely suppresses appetite."

Elizjha February 20, 2018

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "I've been on Strattera for 4 months so far. I had no luck in the beginning with this medication, no difference until he upped the dosage to 80 MG. The only bad thing is feeling nauseated, sluggish. Overall my focus is way better."

Taraabb December 30, 2017

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "I started it taking it when I had no motivation, was super depressed and suicidal. It helped me. I stopped having obsessive thoughts and gave the will to get up and so stuff. However that was just the first year, after that I lost perception of what life is like with our without the drug. the first 2 weeks I had headaches and horrible nausea."

Woman in her 30s (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 28, 2017

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "Straterra made me feel like a zombie. It did not help me focus. I actually focused less. I was always incredibly exhausted and I was sleeping 16 hours a day."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 10, 2017

For ADHD: "Over the past couple of years I have been exhibiting increasing symptoms of ADHD and anxiety, and after attempting to treat myself with some relief holistically (meditation, breathing exercises, and yoga), the symptoms were not going away and I decided to go to my doctor. I started taking Atomoxetine 18mg five weeks ago and noticed it was helping, but three weeks in it seemed to wear off. With direction from my doctor I doubled the dose (36mg) and it seems to be working again. I am able to focus better on tasks, have more mental clarity and can carry a conversation without distraction or interrupting. I had some headaches at first and had to limit my coffee intake. Not saying it will work for everyone, but it is working for me."

Avee December 8, 2017