User Reviews for Atomoxetine

Social Anxiety Disorder
4.5

Summary of Atomoxetine reviews 5.5 327 reviews

Reviews for Atomoxetine

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "Strattera works well for me. Lets be straight with the facts folk. Strattera should be dosed at least to 1.2 mg /per kilo body weight Or 80 mg a day (optimal dose for most people) - if you take less then 1.2 mg/kg the risk is high that the effect that you feel is too low or placebo - (this is proven in lots of real life medical trials). After about 6-8 weeks (during which your blood pressure is taken regularly) - its effect should be evaluated by your doctor - please have patience with the medicine to work. If the response is to low - it should be dosed up to 100 mg or higher. A doctor should know this things - its mandatory in Sweden to have this knowledge among doctors below 80mg a day is SUBOPTIMAL dosing. 100-120 mg should not be exceeded. This fact in the "medical sheet/package" with your medicine. Please inform your doc about this simple facts."

mirac69 May 3, 2018

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "Strattera is the most efficient medication for me. It helps with my concentration in class and at home. It started working for me the first day I took it and I’ve been taking it for more than a year now. It used to give me dizziness when I took it in the morning after breakfast... so something helpful I found is to take it after dinner on a full stomach so that the side affects don’t occur while I am awake because they ware off as you are sleeping."

A.A (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 11, 2018

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "Not good only took a 25mg pill went to zombie status. Not good"

K (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2018

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "18 yr old haven't been treated for my ADHD till now. Took a month before I adjusted to them afterwards I was alright. It helps me maintain focus while balancing out my emotions that seemed to go up in the day and down at night. It makes me feel like I can truly be myself and become self sufficient and independent when I need to be. Had issues with starting/completing chores and now I remember what I'm doing just fine! A great alternative for those who don't want stimulants or have inattentive ADHD."

Sylveon (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2018

For ADHD: "I am 52 years old. I have had ADHD my entire life. I was diagnosed formally at about 45 after an antidepressant was given to me for some issues I had after my divorce. This new generic Straterra SUCKS!!! The side effects are bad. Long road to finding the daily routine of 60-70 mg of Straterra( active dose) and 25- 50mg of generic zoloft sertraline"

Kim (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 26, 2018

For ADHD: "Started at 40mg and eventually went to 100mg. No changes. May have made me tired. Useless as a medication for CYP2D gene carriers."

Anja (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 22, 2018

For ADHD: "I started with 20mg which made me really sleepy and basically did nothing. Upped to 40mg and I thought I "felt" something, but there were no major changes. Upped the dose to 60mg for 2 months, I wasn't feeling sleepy anymore, but there were no major changes either. 80mg... nothing. I spent 3-4 months total trying out this stuff and few hundred bucks. Now I'm off the drug and I feel the SAME, the exact... same."

Jose (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 5, 2018

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "Tried it last year, it was great for my confidence, libido, and overall well being. It started to keep me up at night for at least a couple hours however, and I was experiencing painful nerve pain on my right calf muscle. I was also losing hair, which I attributed to another medication I was on. I started back up this year at a much lower dosage, and experienced the same leg pain and started to lose my hair again! Also strange that it treats ADHD however I had troubles reading a book. Had to quit due to these unfortunate, odd side effects."

Carolyn (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 5, 2018

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "I have been taking this medication for about a week now for ADD at 40mg. I had nausea the first couple of days and slight headaches. I decided to take one day off from it, and I have had a migraine all day. Medicine can sort of help with focus especially for me since severely scatter brained and forgetful and definitely suppresses appetite."

Elizjha February 20, 2018

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "I've been on Strattera for 4 months so far. I had no luck in the beginning with this medication, no difference until he upped the dosage to 80 MG. The only bad thing is feeling nauseated, sluggish. Overall my focus is way better."

Taraabb December 30, 2017

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "I started it taking it when I had no motivation, was super depressed and suicidal. It helped me. I stopped having obsessive thoughts and gave the will to get up and so stuff. However that was just the first year, after that I lost perception of what life is like with our without the drug. the first 2 weeks I had headaches and horrible nausea."

Woman in her 30s (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 28, 2017

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "Straterra made me feel like a zombie. It did not help me focus. I actually focused less. I was always incredibly exhausted and I was sleeping 16 hours a day."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 10, 2017

For ADHD: "Over the past couple of years I have been exhibiting increasing symptoms of ADHD and anxiety, and after attempting to treat myself with some relief holistically (meditation, breathing exercises, and yoga), the symptoms were not going away and I decided to go to my doctor. I started taking Atomoxetine 18mg five weeks ago and noticed it was helping, but three weeks in it seemed to wear off. With direction from my doctor I doubled the dose (36mg) and it seems to be working again. I am able to focus better on tasks, have more mental clarity and can carry a conversation without distraction or interrupting. I had some headaches at first and had to limit my coffee intake. Not saying it will work for everyone, but it is working for me."

Avee December 8, 2017

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "My 9 year old was diagnosed with ADHD with anxiety. The pediatrician wanted to try a non-stimulant in an effort to not exacerbate the anxiety. Made sense. However, this did NOT work for my daughter and in fact caused her to become an emotional wreck. She was constantly fighting with her sisters and having one meltdown after another. We kept letting this go thinking it was just her adjusting until one night she had a meltdown that was so terrifying and said that she wanted to die, she is worthless and an awful person. A 9 year old!! Never was she like that before! So, we called the doctor the next day, he took her off immediately and prescribed a stimulant medication, Concerta. What a miracle. It was like a fog lifted!"

YoMama7 November 24, 2017

For Depression: "Suffering headache fever and long sleep"

knnu (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2017

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "I was a happy but chaotic woman with ADHD. I am looking for a substitute for Ritalin because although it worked miracles for my lack of attention an organizing skills it eventually wore me out. My new neurologist suggested Strattera (80 mg/day ). At first it made me very tired. After a few weeks Strattera changed me into an emotional wreck. Crying every minute for no reason. I'm still in hospital. I'm so tired of trying something new and hoping it will make the fog in my head disappear. But we're back to square one. No more Strattera fore me..."

Tina.be (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2017

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "Worked great for ADHD! Did cause migraines to be more frequent and is expensive, but does do wonders for inattention."

nursekayla September 2, 2017

For Depression: "I used Atomoxetine for depression, ADHD and uncontrollable thoughts. Started with 0.5 mg/kg of body weight for 3 months. Noticed very slight improvement and was thinking to stop. However I decided to increases the daily dose to 1.0 mg/kg of body weight divided in to two ( one morning and one early evening). After three days only I noticed real improvement and after two weeks I could not believe what happened as I got rid of my uncontrolled thoughts and very noticible improvement in ADHD and depression. Plan to continue for at least two months. Before Atomoxetine I was prescribed escitalopram among other drugs for depression/ uncontrollable bad thoughts that drained my energy for many years with no effect. I am 59 years old male"

FRZ (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2017

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "Started Strattera treatment two months ago and it has been amazing. I can focus like a normal person (25 years old, 82 kg), without the need of glancing at my phone every two minutes. I could even listen to people and not having the need of interrupting them as always. I had some side effects (dry mouth, if I wake up too fast I get dizzy, difficulties to pee sometimes, sometimes erections are difficult to keep) but I can live with them since they not always happen. I can have orgasms like normal and I sleep like a baby since I take it. Everything went better but honestly, like every drug for ADHD, it's better to make short pauses to evaluate whether you need to change or suspend the treatment. I really recommend it."

Willy_ August 25, 2017

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "My daughter is 11 years old and she has been on 10mg of strattera for 28 days and has just jumped to 18mg. My concerns are the side effects. Skin rash, headaches and severe stomach cramps since going onto the higher dosage. Do I persist or take her off? Doctor wants me to persist but I am worried I am doing more harm. She battles to fall asleep taking pill at 6pm and in bed at 8:15pm. She cried every morning because she is tired. Should I be taking it in the morning?"

Decisionsdecision#1 (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2017

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "I think this may be my third review of Strattera, I still give it a high rating because all in all it has done what it was supposed to do. I've had some bad migraines, while on it, and I've gone off it a few times, because I couldn't fill the script or felt like it wasn't working, but I have always come back to taking it in the past four years. My current dose is 25mg, and I also take Adderall, 10mg twice a day. If I had to describe Strattera, it is a great focus/ motivation medication, but it also ups the anxiety, and adderall seems to up it even more. My doctor really doesn't have another solution than to take ativan. Coffee makes Strattera worse, but sometimes it won't kick in without the morning coffee."

Slightly Mental (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 13, 2017

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "For a little while it did make my ADHD feel better but all of a sudden extreme depression hit me and I was sleeping ALL of the time!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2017

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "I only took this for 4 weeks & most say it takes 4-6 weeks to work. Initial side effects-- extreme sedation & emotional flattening. I slept the first week anytime I wasn't actively engaged in something & even then I was groggy. That subsided a bit, but I remained very lethargic all day every day for the duration of the 4 weeks & as time went on, I felt more & more emotionally flat & lost all interest & motivation. It certainly completely cured my hyper-activity, but it never helped my focus one bit. It did, however, really help my fibro pain better than anything has, took away my panic attacks, & cut my general anxiety down greatly. Unfortunately, I can't continue to feel so flat, lethergic, anti-social & disinterested any longer."

Jenna4160 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 21, 2017

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "So I've been using Strattera 40-50-60mg since 8 months. The 50 and 60 mg dose got me very confused and I made a lot of mistakes at my job so I stopped and restart with 40 mg. At the beginning the most common side effects were: nausea, dry mouth, constipation and "sinus headache".. but it stopped after a couple of weeks. However, I started to get migraines (got 5 since I take strattera)... and I haven't got one for the last 6 years before (I'm 22 years old and I had a lot of migraines when I was 10-16 years old)... so I will stop taking the medicine. I also hurt my esophagus scphincter while vomiting cause of a migraine.. and now I have GERD. So even if it makes me feel very calm and I can eat and sleep, I think I'll be better without it."

galopesalope (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 18, 2017

Strattera (atomoxetine) for ADHD: "My parents took me in for testing in 5th grade because of lacking in school, failing at best. A few years later in high school I went to my therapist for extreme anxiety and my PCP diagnosed me with ADHD. I was put on strattera at age 16. Worked amazing almost right away. My only side effects were extreme dry mouth for a few weeks and loss of appetite . I also lost about 20 pounds. Which I was pleased with because I've always struggled with being over weight. I was doing better in school. Being able to focus on papers and projects and for the first time even doing my homework and turning it in on time. My self confidence grew tremendously also. I made better eating choices and wasn't anxious. Now 25 and starting again! No side effects so far"

Shewolfff July 8, 2017