User Reviews for Tenormin

High Blood Pressure 7.1
Summary of Tenormin reviews 8.0 26 reviews

Reviews for Tenormin

Starrberry · Taken for less than 1 month April 5, 2020

For Supraventricular Tachycardia: “I have arrhythmia and this week I’ve had 2 tachycardia episodes over 200bpm. They prescribed me this medicine Tenormin to help with heart rate stabilization. I was pleased to find that it kept my heart rate between 65-80 all day and it also helped keep me calm. My issue is that this drug should NOT be taken if you have asthma. About 3 hours after I took the first dose, I had a bad asthma attack and had to take my rescue inhaler. It opened me up again, but the rest of the day I had a tight/sore chest with a raspy cough. I wish the doctor told me this to begin with. The drug work fantastically, but not for asthmatics.”

TJ · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 29, 2019

For Supraventricular Tachycardia: “I took Tenormin for one year and it always reduced my heart rate and also blood pressure which was very useful. Towards the end of the one year of treatment I suffered strange artefacts in my visual field, swelling of the face, dyspnea, swollen hands, etc., and the side-effects were similar to pseudo lupus.”

Trace · Taken for 10 years or more November 26, 2018

For Supraventricular Tachycardia: “Been taking Atenelol for 27 years for SVT. I take 50 mg twice daily. The only side effect is cold hands and feet for me. This drug has helped me more than any I've taken. In the beginning it made me very tired and my heart rate was in the 50s, but it take a bit of time for side effects to wear off.”

Scotch · Taken for less than 1 month May 6, 2018

For Migraine Prevention: “Had headaches for years. Got where over the counter medicines wouldn't work. Dr put me on this medicine. I was a little scare at first since I have no blood pressure problems. So far my headache are gone. I was put on 25 mg a day. Half a pill in the morning other half in the evening. I should of went to Dr sooner with this problem.”

Momma dog18 February 14, 2018

For Anxiety: “I take these specifically for anxiety and it works like a dream for me. I wanted to go on something that was not addictive and I didn’t want anything that made me feel like a zombie. I wish more doctors would use medications like this as a first line treatment as it doesn’t take 4-6 weeks to get to a therapeutic level like antidepressants and there is not a risk of dependence like there is with benzodiazepines.”

Justinus · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 18, 2017

For Supraventricular Tachycardia: “After I take 25 mg tenormin and avapro 75mg my heartbeat is better”

scentedberries July 27, 2015

For Supraventricular Tachycardia: “I've been taking this medication since Mar 2015. Started out on 75mg a day and found the side affects were horrible. Tiredness, dizziness.It just became to much and couldn't function. Doctor drop it to 50mg a day and my heart beat drops below 50bpm which is scary and blood pressure drops.”

Horrible side effects · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 11, 2013

For High Blood Pressure: “Ever since taking this my throat has been swollen. I told the dr & he doesn't think its from the Atenolol but it didn't start until then. Its hard to sleep at night. I have horrible eye pressure and it makes me anxious. I'm hoping I can switch meds soon. It doesn't reduce my pressure much at all.”

Aurora1 February 20, 2013

For Migraine Prevention: “Twenty years ago (in my mid thirties) I began to suffer from excruciating headaches. My doctor put me on progesterone cream, and there was some improvement. He thought that PMS was a contributing factor. I had a cardiac arrest when I was 38. Nothing was found to be wrong with my heart, but I was going through an emotional crisis at the time. The cardiologist put me on atenolol (25 mg/day; I now take 50 mg/day). I was put on the atenolol to keep my blood pressure down and keep my heart from beating too fast in emotional situations. The upside to all this is that I have not had but a couple of migraines in 20 years, and none since the dose was increased to 50 mg.”

Trish Hendrix · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 21, 2013

For High Blood Pressure: “My blood pressure went fro 160/100 to 110/70 and I have not had any side effects.”

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years October 30, 2012

For Anxiety: “I was prescribed this medicine for irregular heartbeat, but also noticed that it greatly affects my anxiety too. I would highly recommend it.”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more July 31, 2012

For Mitral Valve Prolapse: “Have been using this for many years to regulate my heart beat as I have mitral prolapse and atrial tachycardia and have found it the best out of others.”

lizzzz March 7, 2012

For Anxiety: “This pill slows my heart down and relaxes me. I actually feel calm. I also take 0.5 Xanax with this and Wellbutrin 200mg. I have agoraphobia and these pills together help me function NORMALLY. YES CAN YOU BELIEVE IT **NORMALLY**. I never thought normal would ever be in my vocab.”

Anonymous May 30, 2011

For Mitral Valve Prolapse: “I have been on Tenormin for about 4 years. It certainly has taken care of the heart palpitations. I do not take any caffeine. But other side-effects have occurred: asthma has gotten worse, I get winded after running only one and a half mile, more often than not, I feel tired, my hair is thinning, I have esophageal spasms, which I have read that Tenormin may induce upper GI problems. I am going off the medication to see if it makes a difference. I exercise regularly, and 7 years ago, my Doctor suggested I take Beta-Blockers, which I wasn't keen on, but since I exercise, he said it wasn't that imperative that I take it. So I'd rather run regularly, and efficiently and be off it.”

Anonymous April 7, 2011

For Ventricular Tachycardia: “Even though I have read that atenolol may raise 50% the risk for diabetes, I have used it for more than 20 years without any problems.”

Anonymous April 7, 2010

For Mitral Valve Prolapse: “I have taken Tenormin/Atenolol for Mitral Valve Prolapse, and accompanying arrhythmias, for probably 20 years. I VERY rarely have episodes and, so far as I am aware, no side effects of any kind.”

rabaq2 February 27, 2010

For High Blood Pressure: “I just started this drug, noticed heart rate regulated ,and blood preasure and heart rate hasn't been this low in years, so far seems to be great. I am on 25mg - the lowest dose.”

Anonymous January 27, 2010

For Migraine Prevention: “I took Tenormin years ago for migraines...guess it worked then too. But I had been taken off of it....last year alone I had over 20 migraines, I was put back on Tenormin in October 09, 1per day. I had 2 migraines by November 09 in which my dose was increased to 2/day (25mg). Today is Jan 27, 2010 and I haven't had a migraine since Nov 09.”

stressedout November 14, 2009

For High Blood Pressure: “I am a 48 yr male and have been taking as directed 50mg day for 6 months, blood pressure now 125/80 and stable. I drink approximately 1 liter of whiskey every two days and notice no other side effects other than I cannot maintain an erection for as long as before taking this. I should mention that I've been drinking this amount of rye since I was 20yrs old and that this is the only medicine I take. ”

Anonymous September 30, 2009

For High Blood Pressure: “I took this medication for about a year. Felt severely depressed. Retained fluid. Switched medical insurance which resulted in my seeing another doctor. He changed me from Tenormin to Accupril. After one month, my world changed. No longer hated to get out of the bed each morning. Could now wear my wedding band on my ring finger. Tenormin was the wrong medicine for me. Wrote a letter to my prior doctor to let her know of my experience.”

Anonymous August 7, 2009

For Supraventricular Tachycardia: “Had severe tachycardia since 2004. I take 50mg 2x daily and resting pulse remains below 100 bpm.”

Anonymous July 29, 2009

For High Blood Pressure: “I was taking Tenormin for about 3 years before I had an episode of chest pain. After tests it was determined that I have a myocardial bridge. At that time, I asked the doctor to change from Tenormin to something else, as I had frequent strange dreams. I now take Tiazac, and while my blood pressure seems stable, I have spells of tiredness, migraines and less frequently than before, strange dreams.”

penelopeme June 23, 2009

For High Blood Pressure: “Was on this for about 6 years. Was dieting and exercising and lost about 57 lbs. My pulse rate dropped to about 48-60, had all kinds of heart tests, scary, did not find any issues for the heart thankfully but the atenolol was taking my pulse down too low. Switched to Lisinopril just today, pulse is already in the normal range.”

jaxony June 21, 2009

For Anxiety: “This was prescribed for hypertension, and so far as I can tell I have had no problems with it. I cannot say whether it helps with anxiety, although my doctor said to take one when I felt as though my heart was racing. It seemed to help, but I do not know whether it was because of the Tenormin or the placebo effect.”

DerGrosse February 19, 2009

For High Blood Pressure: “I take a combo of Dyazide and Tenormin daily. Have been doing so for more than 30 years (80 now). I find thiis combo works very well for me. I have always had a high pulse rate and a high diastolic pressure. They have been excellently regulated with this combo.”