User Reviews for Atenolol (Page 2)

Also known as: Tenormin

Learn more about Atenolol.

Mitral Valve Prolapse 6 reviews 12 medications

Alcohol Withdrawal 1 reviews 17 medications

6.3
Summary of Atenolol reviews 148 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Atenolol

For High Blood Pressure: "Great medication when used properly. Spend some time and get the correct dose (I'd wager it's never correct the first time they write a 'script). I started at 50mg and immediately had to go to 25mg because it was too much for me. Do not stop taking this medication or change your dosage without doctor's orders, though. This medication is also good for anxiety. But, it has nothing to do with hair loss or other symptoms of aging. C'mon, guys...you can't blame one very targeted, subtle drug on every malady you experience in your body."

Robert.P August 11, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine Prevention: "I have found its good and reduces them but I also have to take pitxophiren and sumatriptan unfortunately I still get 3/5 per month but better than one a day ! Plus this is the safest one to use I recommend it. I have to see a neurologist and it takes 12 months"

hhhhhjhg August 3, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "I was taking Atenolol for 3 years 50 mg .I had constant tightness in the chest and never ever felt happy and well. I recently had a trip overseas and finished up in hospital. My blood pressure was 120/80 but my heart beat was down to 44. I was so dizzy i could not walk, enough was enough so i went to a doctor in Melbourne Australia who advised me to take Nitric Factor and reduce Atenolol to 25 mg. This i did but i can assure you coming off this drug was a horror story it took 2 Months and now take one scoop of the Nitric Factor a day and my b/p is about 126/70 and pulse 62. It was my decision to stop taking the 25Mg of Atenolol.I can now sleep and feel i have my life back again.I am 63 years and my initial b/p was 160/ 90 and pulse 70."

consuelo1234 July 23, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine Prevention: "I was doing some research on migraines was having 4 or 6 migraines a week had to beg my doctor to put me on this he finally agreed been on it for 2 months not a single headache nor migraine I have had migraines since I was 10 I am now 33 I know it is commonly used for high blood pressure and the reason my doctor was kind of leery of it is because I didn't have high blood pressure but I'm glad he let me try it and it's on the Walmart $4 plan"

Wadehayes (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 22, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "Thougt it did nothing so i skipped a dose and it was the worst day of my life...Best Drug Ever"

Can't Survive Without This! (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 29, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "Was started taking atenolol 25. It worked well for 7 days. Then i faced side effects. I have swollen right ankle, i came to know after 12 days its side effect of atenolol. Worse drug ive ever experienced. Im back to amlodipine & its working well now."

rites (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "This drug helped eliminate my panic attacks and also keeps me calm throughout the day. Haven't had tachycardia a while. Currently taking 12.5. I definitely recommend atenolol for anxiety."

JessK June 18, 2016

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "This medication has helped me out alot. My blood pressure and palpitations are under control. I feel tired for the first few hours after I take the medication.....but it gets better as the day goes on."

Bsgs June 12, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "I was put on a very low dose of Atenolol and after 27 days I stopped taking it.. Worst ever.. My heart pounds, my chest is tight with a burning sensation and difficulty breathing... Add cold soaking sweats and huge bruises on my arms and I have had enough of this poison.. Called my cardiologist and told him I was not taking it anymore and he didn't call me back... Woke up at 4 am and my heart was beating so hard I thought I was having a heart attack... Happy it works well for some... And, it is the only medication I was on..."

Sarabetty June 10, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "The longer I was taking this the more breathless I became. My dose was halved and it was great for a while but the breathlessness is creeping back. Bought myself a pill cutter and am going to half it again. Also take amitriptyline and indapamide originally for headaches but now for high blood pressure too."

Melanie dawson (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 6, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I was actually prescribed Atenoprol for my high blood pressure but a week after starting, I was sitting in a board room about to present and noticed that I was surprisingly calm. For years I had suffered with panic attacks and severe anxiety when making presentations which I have to do frequently at work...So horribly embarrassing and uncontrollable. My bp is down too and do far no side effects."

MayaJ April 16, 2016

53 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "It help with the palpitations cause by anxiety but the side effects are horrible .they includes being dizzy,upset stomach,tired and pain. Really trying to get off soon."

Candy shorty March 29, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "This is an awesome medication for panic attacks with palpitations...it simply eliminates them very safe and effective...ask your doctor about this wonder drug....only 4 bucks a month at Target who by the way run an awesome Pharmacy"

RJ2121 (taken for 10 years or more) March 19, 2016

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "I'm on 150mg Atenolol, I take 100mg in the morning and 50mg at night. Side effects are, leg water retention, breathlessness on exertion due to too slow heart rate, breathlessness when sleeping due to even slower heart rate, this in addition to dizzyness. I should mention I sauffer from Diabetes type 2, insulin/diet controlled, so there may be an Insulin/Atenolol conflict there, and polyneuropathy to the extent I can no longer walk as my legs no longer respond to instructions from my brain."

Geovanni (taken for 10 years or more) March 15, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine Prevention: "I was having migraines on average 5 days a week with just about everything from atmospheric pressure, sound, light, and foods as triggers. Had an MRI without any real findings other than white spots on the brain. My doctor prescribed me Atenolol and the results have been amazing. While I still have the occasional migraine, the frequency and severity has been greatly decreased without any side effects (so far)."

MomsterSaurusRex (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 3, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "Worst medication ever. Taking this medication was the biggest mistake I ever made and I want to wean off it so bad. I wish I had a time machine to go back and stop myself from taking this poison. It has caused me severe depression, hair loss, worsening anxiety had a very negative effect on my sex life (I'm a 30 yr old newly wed). Drug companies will not be honest about side effects because bp meds are a huge money maker for them as they are one of the most commonly prescribed meds....do your own research I wish I had"

MarlenaLynn February 23, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "Atenolol 6.25mg bringing my bp to low 96/68 some times 86/57 I feel lightheaded and dizzy.works well for bringing pulse rate down 60-80."

shabs786 February 18, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "I've been on 25 mgs. of Atenolol for 10 years. Have heard in recent years, that after such time They are finding IF you're over 60, you should consider switching to another BB. That supposedly it (atenolol) loses it's effectiveness. Well when you start researching ALL the beta blockers currently on the market? You will find that most of them have side effects far more than Atenolol, and while I haven't had any real symptoms, I'm guessing I should "stay put" with Atenolol unless it fails to do the job in the future."

Ms. Ntheno (taken for 10 years or more) February 18, 2016

36 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "Ended up in hospital with extremely low blood pressure, blacking out, uncontrollable shaking, feeling cold, grey pallor...was not fun."

Now I am cranky (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "I am taking atenolol since more than 10 years, now my age is 42. Initially it was very good for reducing bp even now also. But initially no any side effects, But for the 2 years I have gout, I feel the gout may be caused due to using atenolol for a long time"

SYED AHAMED February 10, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "Noticing symptoms of heart failure."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 29, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine Prevention: "I suffered years and years of migraines. I had to wrap my head in a rag with alcohol to get some relief. My migraines stopped when I was prescribed Atenolol for high blood pressure. Have only had a couple of mild episodes in two years taking Atenolol. Yey!"

Leah45 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 21, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Mitral Valve Prolapse: "Have been taking it for years and it has been great I've forgotten I even had a valve problem"

Kuva69 January 14, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine Prevention: "I get migraines every day to every other day. Taking this, I definitely have to still watch my diet super hard to avoid food triggers. I don't wake up with migraines and would say I only have about 1 or 2 a week now. Not a miracle but helps a lot!!"

aAva January 9, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For High Blood Pressure: "For 7 years I have been on 50 mg. of atenolol for hypertension. Most of my nights I have had wakeful periods and generally non-restorative sleep. I asked to try Tenormin instead of the generic and found the opposite - sleeping in and needing afternoon naps. For the past few weeks I have been on 25 mg. of the generic and 25 mg. of Tenormin and this seems to be a good balance. Supposedly these two drugs are the same but something has made a real difference for me. in so far as sleep quality is concerned."

Pablo1322 (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 19, 2015