User Reviews for Aspirin/butalbital/caffeine/codeine

Also known as: Ascomp with Codeine, Fiorinal with Codeine, Fiortal with Codeine, Fiorinal with Codeine III

Headache 9.7

Reviews for Aspirin/butalbital/caffeine/codeine

Bev · Taken for 10 years or more February 24, 2020

Fiorinal with Codeine III (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine / codeine) for Headache: “Have taken Fiorinal with Codeine off and on for 25 years. After having tried over 70 medications, nerve blocks, botox injections and spent thousands of dollars on doctors and ER’s, it is the only medication that relieves my migraines and allows me to function.”

pathologicalcoma · Taken for 10 years or more November 23, 2019

For Headache: “This drug is a miracle It's like the headaches are just completely gone.”

Deb o Rah · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 22, 2017

Fiorinal with Codeine (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine / codeine) for Headache: “4 day migraines reduced to an overnight sleep on Fiorinal w/ Codeine HUGE DIFFERENCE”

Mszzpea · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 15, 2017

Fiorinal with Codeine (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine / codeine) for Headache: “Helped very much with migraine but had hangover like feeling after”

Daveha · Taken for 10 years or more July 7, 2017

Fiorinal with Codeine (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine / codeine) for Headache: “Had been suffering with migraines since I was 20. No longer able to put up with the pain, I decided to go to emergency. After a clear head x-ray, the doctor prescribed fiorinal with codeine. I had been given many medicines in the past with no effect. Thanks to this doctor, I no longer fear getting a migraine. No pain at all after 3 capsules. The side effects are constipation and extreme tiredness. Found that a stool softener works great. This only lasts for approx 2 days. This is July 7, 2017, and I have no problems getting the medicine. Please give this medicine a try.”

His Angel · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 24, 2017

Fiorinal with Codeine III (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine / codeine) for Headache: “The best medication I have found for my chronic migraines. Nothing else I have tried even comes close to touching them, except this.”

A.R. February 14, 2016

Fiorinal with Codeine III (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine / codeine) for Headache: “Beyond any questions this is the best Migraine/headache medication ever made, but I dread that this is on the hit list to get rid of by the government !”

Brian7333 · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 17, 2015

Fiorinal with Codeine (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine / codeine) for Headache: “Finally a migraine medication that works. Due to the sedation I experience when taking Fiorinal w/ Codeine I cannot take while at work or when driving.”

My CVS · Taken for 10 years or more November 16, 2015

Fiorinal with Codeine (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine / codeine) for Headache: “Have been taking for 40 plus years for migraines. I use Fiorinal 3, only when Fiorinal does not work. No side effects at all.”

Libraclbh · Taken for 10 years or more October 17, 2015

Ascomp with Codeine (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine / codeine) for Headache: “I have taken this product, when it became available, for years. I had started with Fiorinal 111 for Migraines 37 years ago, it's my understanding the Ascomp w/codeine is a generic form of the Fiorinal 111. I can not live without this product as I have from 4 - 15 or more Migraines a month. Since I have started taking them daily the Migraines have been reduced to 5-6 a month and not as sever as they were previously. I just do not understand how the price has escalated so much just in the past 8 - 10 yrs. I used to pay $7.00 for 100 capsules and now since I am taking 2 a day a 3 mo. supply (180) capsules are $277.00 and my part D (medicare) will pay nothing toward the cost.”

Sandy A April 6, 2015

Ascomp with Codeine (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine / codeine) for Headache: “My quality of life went from zero to 100 when I started on this med 20 years ago for migraine prevention! I am allergic to all Maxalt-type meds due to heart side effects! I am prescribed 4 capsules daily for migraine prevention and without them, I go straight into migraine symptoms and have to stay in bed for 3-4 days until the migraine and headache symptoms have disappeared! My new coverage is now Medicare RX! And they refuse to cover it! HELP”

tension headaches · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 15, 2014

Ascomp with Codeine (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine / codeine) for Headache: “ASCOMP 30mg. Works wonders for my horrible headaches. I take with a meal or small snack, so my tummy doesn't get upset by the aspirin.”

Macko05 · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 12, 2013

Fiorinal with Codeine III (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine / codeine) for Headache: “Started getting terrible migraines after abdominal surgery. Had no idea exploding head pain could be so debilitating. Was on Midrin for awhile, asked doc for something a bit stronger: Fiorinal with codeine. Only thing that works. My Love goes out to all of your with severe, endless migraines. They can drive you insane. Fiorinal with codeine is the best, works for many kinds of pain too. ”

Bernice50 March 12, 2013

Fiorinal with Codeine (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine / codeine) for Headache: “I've suffered from migraines since I was a little girl, more then 40 years. I saw a variety of doctors over the years and they tried many different combinations of medications to help but none were successful. Finally one doctor included Fiorinal/codeine to my meds to help when I had a migraine! Success! Something worked! If I take this at the start of a migraine it helps 100% of the time. I've been able to take part in all activities without having to cancel due to an uncontrollable migraine!”

Shirl1199 · Taken for 10 years or more February 28, 2013

Fiorinal with Codeine (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine / codeine) for Headache: “I have suffered with migraines since I was 10yrs old. I began my period at age 10. It has been 52yrs now. One uphill battle with different doctors and a barrage of useless medicines, until 1986 when I met the right Doctor, with the right combination of medicine for my Migraines to reclaim my life again. In the end this combination was a life saver for me.”

frazzill · Taken for 10 years or more December 14, 2012

Fiorinal with Codeine (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine / codeine) for Headache: “I have had severe migraines all my life (35 yrs) tried every other medicine out there- this is the ONLY medicine that works 100% of the time with no bad side effects. All the other medicines had side effects and didn't even take away the headache more than 50%! They ARE discontinuing prescribing this for migraines this year. When they do- I do not know what I will do besides lay in bed all day because Fiorinal is the only thing that makes me able to function when I have a migraine.”

Anonymous March 6, 2012

Fiorinal with Codeine (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine / codeine): “I have suffered from migraines for almost 40 years and ocular migraines for the past 21 years. I have been taking Fiorinol with codeine for the past 20 years and it is the only medication that helps. It has allowed me to live a very productive life.”

Anonymous October 7, 2011

For Headache: “This works every single time on my migraines. I try fioricet first, and if that doesn't work, I take one of these. The downside is that I can't drive after I take one, because I can feel the codeine kick in. I take them about once a month, but when I have to take this, it works better than anything else I've tried.”

Havestrat October 4, 2011

Fiorinal with Codeine III (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine / codeine) for Headache: “Works like nothing else I've tried. There is something about the combination of Fiorinal and Codeine III that neither has alone. For neck injury with chronic pain, this works for me much, much better than the heavily regulated medicines that are considered to be much stronger.”

Anonymous May 4, 2011

For Headache: “100% effective for migraine headaches. I keep this medication on hand!”

TessaMac May 4, 2011

Fiorinal with Codeine (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine / codeine) for Headache: “I have had migraines for 25 years and find Fiorinal with codeine the only thing that takes care of the pain and allows me to function. I also take Phenergan if I don't get on top of the pain fast enough to ease the vomiting associated with the pain. Like the previous post, my migraines wake me up in the middle of the night. I have been prescribed Lortab but even though it is stronger it does not work as well. My doctor recently added 10 mg. Amitriptyline before bed and that reduced the frequency of my headaches but I still get about 3-4 migraines/month. I recently heard that they were going to take Fiorinal off the market and that has me very worried. ”

mam69 September 18, 2010

Fiorinal with Codeine (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine / codeine) for Headache: “I have suffered from headaches for about 20 years, until I found Fiorinal with codeine. I have NOT had a headache since! This works great for headaches and I am finally free. Thanks to whoever came up with this cure for headaches.”

Anonymous November 21, 2009

Fiorinal with Codeine (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine / codeine) for Headache: “I haven't found anything that works on my migraine as well as Fiorinal with Codeine but constipation is a problem with too many doses, but still doesn't compare to migraine pain just take sparingly.”

J2 October 5, 2009

For Headache: “I have migraines since I was in the fifth grade. I'm 18 now and I have taken them since I was about 11. This medicine will take care of a lot of your pain no matter what type as I have heard. I have not had any bad experience with it since I have been taking it. It works really well.”

loubydo September 16, 2009

Fiorinal with Codeine (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine / codeine) for Headache: “I have had migraines headaches since I was 25 yrs old and at 71 years old I still have them. They are just as bad now as years ago. I have been prescribed over 47 different kinds of medicine for relief. Also I went to three headache clinics which were a joke/no help-my purse emptied. Some of the medicines I now know are everything from cancer to thyroid medicines were given to me to ease pain. Simply trial and error of the many doctors I saw. A lot of brain scans, x-rays of my head and neck. Finally a doctor prescribed a new medicine on the market called fiorinal and fiorinal-w/codeine for really bad pain. I use the fiorinal/3 and get quick relief if I can take before the vomiting starts. My migraines wake me in the middle of night.”