User Reviews for Augmentin XR
The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care.
|Sinusitis||2 reviews||248 medications|
|Skin and Structure Infection||1 review||73 medications|
|Summary of Augmentin XR reviews||9.7||3 reviews|
Reviews for Augmentin XR
For Sinusitis "Killed the sinus infection in about a day. I have had chronic sinusitis for 15 years, and this is my go-to medicine."
usatrooper (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2017
25 users found this comment helpful.
For Sinusitis "Have frequent sinus infections & have been prescribed Augmentin XR whenever I have a severe sinus infection for about the past 17 years now. It always has done the job & taken care of the infection. The only downside is the GI side effects (i.e. stomach cramps, diarrhea, etc)."
abercrombie4112 (taken for 10 years or more) December 29, 2016
10 users found this comment helpful.
For Skin and Structure Infection "Had a cat bite me on my hand...full set of teeth and sharp. Hand swelled and was red. Took augmentin 8 hours after being bitten and within 3 days swelling went down and redness had faded. 6 years as an animal control officer and never injured once...help my friend pick out a cat at the local humane society and get bitten...oh the irony! This is an excellent medicine for cat bites. Had a friend tell me her dad got bitten by a cat and he ended up in the hospital and almost died from an infection. Lucky me from my experience I knew to seek medical attention immediately. Anyone bitten by a cat should know they have about an 85% chance of infection and need to take it very seriously or you'll end up in hospital."
Anonymous December 13, 2008
37 users found this comment helpful.
Learn more about
Micromedex® Care Notes
- Interstitial Cystitis
- Kidney Infection
- Nonspecific Urethritis In Men
- Ovarian Abscess
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases In Adolescents
- Urinary Tract Infection In Children
- Urinary Tract Infection In Men
- Urinary Tract Infection In Women
Drugs.com Health Center
- Alcohol and Antibiotics
- Antibiotic Resistance
- Antibiotics - Common Side Effects, Allergies and Reactions
- Antibiotic Shortages: A Serious Safety Concern
- Antibiotics and Birth Control Pill Interactions
- Why Don’t Antibiotics Kill Viruses?
- Anticholinergic Drugs to Avoid in the Elderly
- Antibiotics for UTI Treatment
More about Augmentin XR (amoxicillin / clavulanate)
- Augmentin XR Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 3 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Generic Availability
- Drug class: beta-lactamase inhibitors
Other brands: Amoclan