User Reviews for Alogliptin

Also known as: Nesina

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Alogliptin.

Diabetes, Type 2

Summary of Alogliptin reviews 4.0 4 reviews

Reviews for Alogliptin

Nesina (alogliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "This drug attacked my eyes hours after the first dose. I had extremely blurry vision the entire three days I took it and then when I stopped, blood vessels burst and my eyes felt like they had sand in them for two days. United Healthcare forced me to take it because they don't want to pay for Januvia, which worked well for me."

Cassann33 (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I have taken the combination of 12.5 mg/ Alogliptin/ 1000 mg Metformin for approximately two weeks. Only the last few days have I notice some nausea within an hour of taking this pill. Hopefully, the nausea will stop after my body gets used to it."

Figowitz-JR April 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nesina (alogliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I started taking this medication about 9 months ago and my blood sugar came down considerably which is a good sign and so far it is not showing any side effects. This medication is not cheap but it is getting more and more expensive every day. In last 9 months they have raised their prices 3 times.Today I finally decided to quit taking it because I can't afford it no more.My insurance is partially covering it but my portion is big too. I don't know if I can find any sub for this med, if not then God bless me!"

Peera August 10, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nesina (alogliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My glucose went from 150-180 before nesina use. With 12.5 mg dose BS went up. Dr placed me on 25 mg. . Then BS went to 190am - 230 pm after 1stI day. 2nd day- 273 pm. All I want to do is eat. I am stopping this med. It is raising my glucose instead of lowering it."

With the 12.5 mg dose (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2013