User Reviews for Adapalene / benzoyl peroxide

Also known as: Epiduo, Epiduo Forte

Learn more about Adapalene/benzoyl peroxide.

Adapalene/benzoyl peroxide Rating Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 438 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Adapalene/benzoyl peroxide to treat Acne

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I Used this treatment after using a few different antibiotics, retin A, some zinc lotion to which absolutely nothing worked! I went to my doctor almost in tears and he prescribed me this and said this is the best acne treatment from a GP and if this doesn't work he will refer me to a dermatologist And my god was he right. This is the only cream that has EVER worked. It burns like hell but your skin gets used to it after a bit and you have to be patient Also to let people know my ACNE was moderate it's now nearly gone. The cream doesn't cure you from getting spots but it definitely is the best thing I've used , my skin used to be SEVERE but it calmed down when I went on the Yasmin contraceptive pill, another drug I can't live without"

Jo601192 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 28, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I have been recently having bad acne for a year now, I went to my dermatologist and they prescribed epiduo. For the first week it worked great and really helped with my acne. But during the second week thats when it started to get bad. After I would use it my skin would burn and it hurt so bad that I was in tears. Nothing helped the burning but applying ice too it. It also made my face very red and my skin started to flake off. I don't tend to have sensitive skin either... would not recommend"

Katlyn K February 28, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Epiduo Forte (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "This med lost one point only bc of it's so pricey epiduo forte has totally changed my life!! I have tried seriously EVERYTHING to get rid of my acne. I'm 20, almost 21, and have been fighting it since I was like 14!! Trying med after med, everything a failure. then I tried epiduo forte!! for the first couple months I was like, "whatever another failure" bc I didn't see any results. But then the 3rd month hit! and I haven't had acne since!! so here's my advice for epiduo forte users: 1) USE LOTION W/ IT! something like cerave or cetaphil. put just a SMALL drop that you spread all over then use lotion on top of that 2) use it at morning AND night (w/ lotion) if you need to! I saw better results this way 3) Don't give up on it. give it 3 month"

Bekah0530 February 27, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "One word WOW. I was really depressed about my skin, and I decided to go to a dermatologist after finishing my exams. She gave me EPIDUO and another medicine. At first my skin got irritated and for 2 days it was really red and was peeling, I talked to my derm and she told me to stop the other medicine and use a moisturiser before applying EPIDUO, I continued using it every other day and results after a month was amazing. Now I have less acne and every 2 months I do a deep cleanse which is called HYDRAFACIAL. I don't really use much make up like I used before, I'm not applying foundation, and relatives and friends are surprised too. Thanks EPIDUO. btw I'm still using it but I just apply it once or twice a week."

someone thats happy with this February 25, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I've been using epiduo for a little over a year and it takes time but it got rid of so much acne!!! I was so happy until a month ago…my acne started coming back and I'm very disappointed because I thought I had finally gotten rid of my acne and then it came back:("

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "Cannot stress how grateful I am. A miracle cure for for my acne. Thank you for finally giving me clear skin"

Anonqwerty February 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I have been using Epiduo for a couple of years and LOVE the results. Right around the time I turned 25, my skin absolutely flipped out with terrible hormonal acne around my chin/jawline area. Tiny bumps, cystic acne, you name it. My dermatologist put me on doxycyline for a month along with Epiduo gel applied morning/night. After everything cleared up and my doxycyline prescription finished, I was put on a regimen with Epiduo for nighttime application and Aczone for morning application. My dermatologist let me know that Epiduo is great for the small bumps associated with hormonal acne, and Aczone was prescribed to treat the cystic acne problem. This has in fact held true and I haven't had a breakout since."

KristenG1012 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 21, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "My 14 year old son was prescribed epiduo for his moderate acne about 3 months ago. I myself am 36 and have suffered from acne my whole life (since the 5th grade!!) anyways, I decided to try it with him and I'm so glad I did. At first it made both of our skin break out and was red, itchy, peeling and irritated. So we started using every other night instead (also, only use at night and AVOID EYE AREA!!) After about 2-3 weeks of using epiduo I noticed a dramatic improvement in both of our skin. Now my son may have a few tiny little pimples here or there but nothing like it was before and I don't have any at all! Not only am I pimple free but my melasma/dark spots are almost completely gone!! I highly recommend!!"

Daisy128 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Epiduo Forte (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I've been using Epiduo for maybe 4 months now. I use a pea-sized amount all over my face every night. I have to say, it didn't do wonders for my skin. It caused peeling, dry patches, and super sensitive skin. Whenever I wash my face with Cetaphil, it burns. Moisturizing my face burns as well. I know it's suppose to get worse before it gets better but I've just seen no improvements. It wasn't for me but maybe it'll work for you :)"

Sophhhhh February 10, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "When I say I've tried almost everything on the acne on my chest, I really mean it. I broke out all over my torso, upper arms and forehead on holiday when I was 13 and have been in and out of dermatologists ever since. I've tried pills, lotions, changing my diet etc and had no results. I've even been on accutane for four months. I tried one last time and my derm gave me Epiduo. I'm not going to lie, my skin was unbelievably itchy, red and irritated for a while but I began to see results quite quickly. I've been on it for 3 months now and I can honestly say I've never been this clear. Going to see if every other day will keep it going. Might not work for everyone but certainly worked for me."

MrsBUK February 8, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"(Background: hormonal adult acne, dry skin) I went on Epiduo when my acne started getting relatively moderate when I was around 21. I had read about the initial purge and was willing to stick it out. My face was raw, red, painful to touch, all moisturizers stung whether they were oil or water based, I couldn't wear make-up and my acne was worse. I stuck it out for 4 months and convinced myself each week I was "seeing results," but my acne was still moderate but I had a lot of new scars. Recently I got Neutrogena's Rapid Clear Leave On Mask which is 2.5% BP you can apply up to 3x a day - no redness, barely any flakes, I truly believe I was intolerant to the adapelene or any inactive ingredients. Switch after 4 weeks if you don't see results!"

Shoree February 8, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "If I could give this a zero I would. I read a ton of reviews before using this product and I was very confident it would work. Reviews and my dermatologist told me that it would take at least a month for any results to be seen but its been almost 3 months and I'm nearly finished with a bottle and I have seen absolutely no results. if anything my acne is worse. I have been taking birth control for a year and a half now and it completely cleared my face but after being on it for about a year, my face began breaking out worse than ever before. I have horrible cystic acne on my forehead, cheeks, and chin. It's never been this bad thats why I started using epiduo. All its done is waste my time and make my acne worse. I cry every day."

anon34635 February 3, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I've been on this medication with Doxycycline just now hitting the 4 week mark. It's sad reading all of these reviews with most people saying they have cleared up within two weeks or so. I'm starting to lose a bit of hope seeing as I get at least one to two new pimples a day (averaging out) which is about my usual amount. Even if that doesn't sound like a lot I have cystic acne so it adds up quite quickly! ): I will however say I found this to be super mild compared to Dans acne.org BP which kept me clear for a year and then the acne came back. Epiduo has made my skin texture super soft and nice! It's very smooth feeling which is wonderful, but so far it's not keeping my skin clear or changing the nature of my breakout type/size."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "It's true. The first two weeks really are horrible. So make sure you don't start this if you have big plans coming up. I broke out in huge spots, my face was red and tender and my skin was flaking off in big pieces. You can not wear make up at this point. If you get cracked corners of your mouth like I did, hydrocortisone 1% really is your saviour. Cleared it up in two days. I moisturised throughout the day with cetaphil and cleansed every morning and night with cetaphil cleanser. Two weeks later, my skin is almost clear. My dryness is almost gone and the scars are fading. Stick with it. It really works. It just gets worse before it gets better"

Acne Annie (taken for less than 1 month) January 31, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I've never written a review before but from the use of Epiduo and two other medicines (tretinoin and minocyclene) my cysts have been brought to white heads over night. I'm only on my 4th day of using this so I'm probabaly in the purging stage, but I'm so happy they aren't deep cysts anymore. I also have a problem with scabs all over my face and with the slight drying this medicine causes the scabs peel off so easily and don't leave a mark. I haven't experienced any of the burning people talk about but my skin has gotten flaky. Hopefully it keeps getting better!"

Rach90 January 29, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Epiduo Forte (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I'm on my 10th week of the drug, and it usually takes 12-16 week to see the full effects.I apply it at nighttime, and sometimes apply a layer of moisturizer 15-30 minutes afterwards. It dried me out SO much in my first month and a half of use that I had to start skipping nights and use three layers of moisturizer. My skin burned when I would put on my lotion because it was THAT dry. I now use it everyday and still have 2-4 active breakouts at any given time. I also get A LOT of small whiteheads (those may be from shaving my face though) and I extract them myself, which probably isn't a good idea. My skin is definitely better on the medication than off, I just hope the results are better in 2-4 additional weeks of use."

KKD1066 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 22, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "Wait it out! I'm a 32 yr old female that began suffering from adult cystic acne just over a year ago. For some reason, only the right side of my face really broke out and the acne was deep and painful. After using Epiduo for the recommended 3 months, I wasn't seeing results. The itchiness and peeling stopped after only two weeks of using it so I thought the product wasn't even working for me at the 3 month mark. I stuck with it anyway and now at 4 months, I have no more active acne and my skin is baby smooth! The down side to this med is that it caused post inflammatory hyperpigmentation which takes time to fade. But I'm happy that until then, my feels good and there's no more acne!"

Pags (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 19, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "24 years old, I have very hormone-related acne, with oily skin. Used alongside tetralysal and yasmin combined oral contraceptive, works wonders. I ran out over xmas and my skin flared up very badly (I also had exams - I am training to be a doctor - and obviously over the festive period I perhaps indulged in a few sugary treats which I'm sure didn't help...) but epiduo sorted it out in a matter of weeks. As other users have remarked, do be careful as it can burn the skin a little and it becomes a little flaky. If this happens stop using for a few days and moisturise the non-spotty areas which are peeling. I would also recommend lots of fruits and veggies, minimal chocolate, plenty of exercise and regular cleaning of the face."

charlieengland January 13, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "Started epiduo 3 weeks ago for my cystic acne. I have been using proactive for years and it helps with small acne, but did nothing for the hormonal breakouts monthly. All I can say is I wish I would have found epiduo years ago. I love it. My skin is clear, not perfect but so much better. My skin is not dried out like on proactive, and it just is finally smoothing out again. No more big bumps on jaw line and if something starts to pop up, the epiduo works so fast to take care of it. Love this product. I use it nightly and only a small amount for my face and under chin area. I'm giving it a 9 out of 10 because I've only been on it for 3 weeks, but so far so good"

Persian124 (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "This made my skin incredibly sensitive and irritated all the time, it dried out my cheeks and nose, it didn't get rid of hardly any acne. I have to stop using after only about 2 months of use due to the sensitivity."

Mckenzie V January 7, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "Epiduo is honestly the best. I was discouraged the first few months due to my face breaking out worse, having senstive, red, dry patchy skin but it is worth it. The clarity of my skin after using this is refreshing I'm 20 and I've been using it since I was 18. Currently I just use it for spot treatment whenever I have mini break outs!"

hanners January 7, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "EPIDUO saved my life!!! Cant believe I didn't know about this before. I have been using epiduo for about two weeks now my skin cleared the first week. The first few days I used alot and dried my skin. Now I don't have one spot!!! I recommend this product. I don't think this product works for everyone sadly but worth the try! I have my confidence back and will use epiduo for as long as it works"

KK- January 4, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "Epiduo is fantastic. I've only used it for 3 weeks but my skin is so much clearer (I had moderate acne). However it is a prescription treatment and you have to be careful with it: use it sparingly and just once a day, more won't work faster. The best way to do this is to buy a gentle cleanser and moisturiser (Cetaphil and Eucerin are fantastic as they're formulated for skin undergoing acne treatment). Cleanse and moisturise morning and evening, and follow with a very thin layer of Epiduo every evening. The dryness and flaking disappears after 10-14 days, so be patient. If your skin is sensitive, the best thing to do is to apply Epiduo after your moisturiser has sunk in. This creates a barrier but the treatment works just as effectively."

laurallb87 (taken for less than 1 month) January 4, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"Epiduo forte is a great solution for acne. My acne was very bad at the start and gradually got better. My face started clearing up at 3 and a half months but I was still getting blemishes. This medication takes a long time to work so you have to stick it out. My face is now completely clear but it took 5 months. Please stick out the long period because it takes time to work. You will be very happy and more confident at the 5 month mark"

Bksurfer (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 3, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

Epiduo Forte (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I have mild acne with redness and blackheads. I started using Epiduo Forte and it took only 2 weeks for my skin to look 100% better. I used a VERY small amount (even less than a pea size to start). My skin did get dry but I moisturized a lot and then increased the amount to an actual pea size. My skin, which is actually very sensitive, adjusted pretty well to this and I'm very happy with the results. Wait 20 minutes after you wash your face, to apply the Epiduo and then after applying it, wait another 20 minutes to moisturize. This helps eliminate the burning sensation that might occur...it did for me."

kitty16 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 28, 2016