User Reviews for Adapalene / benzoyl peroxide

Also known as: Epiduo, Epiduo Forte

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Adapalene/benzoyl peroxide.

Adapalene/benzoyl peroxide Rating Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 400 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Adapalene/benzoyl peroxide to treat Acne

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "Hey guys so I had mild acne for about half a year now. Got loads on my nose and my dermatologist gave me epiduo despite me warning him that I had a bad reaction to Duac too. It's been 4 weeks and I stopped using this after day 3. My entire face was swollen and whole face red. The redness is still all there and it still hasn't gone at all. I have marks all over my nose and face and just don't know what to do anymore. Please help. I wouldn't even rate this a 0 it ruined my skin. Never use this again"

Tau November 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "One use and my skin has already started to clear"

Slacky (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I started getting lots of pimples on my back and Epiduo cleared it up completely, it was amazing. However, it did absolutely nothing for my face. Not sure why that is. I would definitely recommend trying it though, it could work for you. Back 9/10 Face 5/10 (did not notice any improvement)"

Nikkoleeee November 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Epiduo Forte (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "For a couple months I had these stubborn hard, small bumps in my t-zone. I tried to do everything to get rid of them. Nothing seemed to work. I finally went to my dermatologist and they prescribed me epiduo forte and sulfate face wash called avar. After I wash my face with avar, I apply ponds cold cream which is a great moisturizer, then I apply a thin layer of epiduo forte. And sometimes I apply the epiduo first then I apply my moisturizer. It’s only been a week and my skin is clearing up already. My skin has not peeled, been dry or anything. I can feel a slight burning sensation on my face. But thats it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "This took EXACTLY 12 weeks for it to hit. It gets worse before it gets better. I broke out so bad throughout the whole process and my eyelids would get dry for some reason. But it WORKS. It was a rough three months, but when it hits you, you know it's finally working. Tough it out and you will see results. I get maybe one breakout a month now, but it's hormonal. I will probably always stay on this cream and am currently getting laser genesis to help with the scarring."

LLL1234 October 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I would definitely recommend epiduo for anyone struggling with acne. I have suffered since I was 15 and I am now 29. I have had some major flare ups over the years & have tried all sorts of treatments that eventually helped clear it up but once stopped taking any medication it would come back with a vengeance. This is the only treatment I have found that really worked for me. My skin is amazing now & I rarely get even 1 spot! This is something I NEVER thought I'd be able to say. I started by using this in conjunction with antibiotics for the first couple of months now I just use this alone & it keeps it at bay. There are initial side effects & you have to be prepared for the stinging & burning but push through it. You won't regret it!"

Rach88 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Epiduo Forte (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I was terrified to use epiduo after reading the reviews but once I realized I had to buffer it, it seemed much more approachable. If you're not used to using retinoids, don't put this directly on your face and don't use it every night. I took a pretty conservative approach and mostly been able to minimize pain/flaking. Here's what I do: -Wash my face with a gentle cleanser (I use Aveeno Positively Radiant) -Put on some cerave moisturizer -Wait 20 minutes -Put on the epiduo forte I only do this at night, once every 2-3 days. If I feel my skin getting irritated, I'll stop using the epiduo till it gets back to normal. Don't muck around with your skin! If it's irritated and awful, no reason to torture yourself and use the epiduo every night just use it every couple of nights"

anewyorkgirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I am on the 7th week of using this product. At 28 and having always suffered hormonal acne breakouts l, I was desperate to find something to be rid of my acne without using contraceptive pills. I used Epiduo at night, spreading sparingly and only on the affected areas. Yes it's gets dry, but it does clear the spots. Week by week my skin appears better, then not so good, then better again. I'm persevering as it's recommended that over 8 weeks it will improve. I feel positive about this product, it hasn't caused burning or redness but can be slightly itchy against my pillow so I apply early evening and sleep on a clean towel over my pillow. I would recommend this product but be sure to give it time."

Kirst20 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I started using epiduo and I suffered really badly at school and now it has all disappeared and I get the occasional spot but thats when I eat unhealthily"

angeline123 September 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "Epiduo burned my skin and made it peel and gave me acne scars all along my jaw and cheeks."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I was prescribe for epiduo for mild reoccuring acne and now on my 3rd day. Tips: As advised by my dermatologist, apply only small amount (size like a mongo seed) and spread it thinly to your face avoiding lip and eye area. If causing irritation or stinging, then apply it every other night, once your face get use to It, then apply it every night. Use sunscreen in the morning and good moisturizer but avoid applying those when apply epiduo. So far my small bumps are clearing. It is hard for me but I have to stop applying make up which really makes me uncomfortable as I cannot hide my bumps but I know this will be worth it. I'm applying this while taking antibiotic as prescribed. Lastly, be patient and give yourself time to improve."

Swishswish September 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I took acutane for 6 months when I was in high school for chest and back acne. Fast forward, I'm 22 and my chest acne was returning at a quick rate. I had a new pimple almost every day and that left 4 huge red and painful marks on my chest. My friend had tried epiduo but sadly it didn't help her so she let me try it. And in SEVEN days of applying it in the morning and night my chest has completely cleared. I read a lot of reviews that it did not help people, but actually hurt them. My chest suffered no pain but I'm sure chest skin and face skin are very different. I even used it as a spot treatment near my mouth and it cleared up in a couple days. I am so glad I found epiduo because it's helped me so much"

A1235 (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "It burned and my skin got really dry in the beginning but after the first 2-3 weeks my skin got used to it and its awesome! I've seen a huge difference in the 5 months I've been using it. I don't have as many breakouts s before and right when a pimple shows up I put on epiduo and its practically gone the next morning. If it stings a lot or your skin peels, skip it for a day or two and then continue using it."

elena98 September 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "This is only my 3rd week on the cream. Based on the other reviews, I am almost out of the "storming phase". I have seen an overall improvement and only got a few days of bad break outs. Initially I stopped wearing makeup because I wanted to gel to soak in. I tried wearing makeup yesterday and it stung so bad I had to take it off. My skin has gotten very dry and this morning, for the first time since using this product, I'm seeing the dry patches. I used the Cetephail daily moisturizer that everyone was recommending, it stung initially but visually took all flakes away!! I am very hopeful and am already noticing a decline in acne! I will write again in another few weeks!"

WestCoast49 September 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "27 year old suffering from adult acne. I've been under Accutane twice in the past for 6 months each but relapsed both the times. So this time I was prescribed Epiduo. I didn't get any redness or itching but my acne got 10x worse. My acne is usually concentrated in the cheeks but after epiduo I got newer ones in the jawline and forehead as well. The purge stage lasted for around 2 months but I stuck with it and now I'm acne free and only left with scarring. I don't apply it all over the face, only in the acne prone areas and I've noticed the scars have also started fading gradually. Happy with this product so far."

Nitara (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "Epiduo has changed my life. I am a 30 year old women always suffered from acne breakouts especially at that time of the month. My doctor prescribed me Epiduo 3 months ago to use once a night he advised me it wouldn't work over night and to give it time. Within 4 weeks my skin completely cleared up and I haven't had another spot since. The first week I suffered red dry skin so I used Sudocrem and persevered, my skin soon got used to it and now I use it every night as part of my routine. I hardly have any dark red marks left and I've never been happier. Give it a go and give it time. :-)"

Kimzzz September 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I have been on accutane for 6 months and after that my skin was super clear for almost a year then my skin started getting oily and I started to get small skin colored bumps all over my face literally everywhere and after 4 days with epiduo my skin feels even better than it felt after accutane I've taken epiduo before I took accutane and it wasn't effective at all and all what it did was burn my skin. But the second time after accutane it cleared me up so fast without even burning the doctor put me on it for 2 months and my skin is back to perfect after 4 days"

Kareemhasan August 31, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "The only RX that treats my acne immediately and empties my pores of all impurities. When I skip a few weeks of using my acne comes back. It does make your skin itch a little when you first put it on but it goes away as you sleep. People experiencing burning and redness (stay out of the direct sun light and no sun lamps!!) only use once a day or less! This stuff truly does work like a miracle on my skin. Sucks my insurance never wants to cover it!"

Chickdee (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I bought this gel a few years ago and stopped using it as it wasn't that effective on my skin. However recently I started applying this along with a few other products and it was great. For me, I find it most effective when I apply it twice a day on the painful cystic pimple (normally on my nose). I wash the acne prone areas on my face with a wash that has salicylic acid 2%, then use a toner with witch hazel or a cotton pad soaked with pure green tea. I apply retinoid, let it sink in and then I apply Epiduo on those areas. I think it's important to use it as spot treatment if you're overly sensitive like me. If you're feeling dry I apply a cream with hydrocortisone over it at the end. My pimple bump disappeared in two days."

J45636J August 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "The doctor prescibed epiduo as a 27 yr old I have never suffered from acne and it has just come out of no where in the past couple of months. After reading reviews I cannot believe how I have the same experience using this as a lot of people! Yes it gets rid of the spots but.. At first it was fine slight burning after the 4th day of using it (only once at night) my skin was worse than acne! I have never been in so much pain on my face! Red! Itching rash! I am stopping from using this now as it feels like someone has scrapped the skin off of my face ! The doctors should warn us about this before prescribing!!!"

Saz9000 August 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "When I first started using epiduo (roughly 2 years ago) I really struggled with dry, red, cracking skin. I was worried about the reaction and read a lot of reviews, many of which said "the redness and dryness stick around for 3 months and after that it works perfectly". In my experience, this was exactly right. After 3 months of the dry, cracking skin, my skin had adjusted and I had far fewer (and less severe) breakouts. At the time I was taking Doxycycline which eventually became ineffective and I've since been on the contraceptive pill for roughly 1.5 years. Epiduo is excellent for preventing small, bacterial pimples and my skin is noticeably worse when I don't use epiduo for a while."

Aus10901 August 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "My daughter is 12 y/o and had mild pimples on the forehead and nose area. Sought consultation with a dermatologist and was prescribed with this medication to be used once at night time. No changes after nearly a week her face that used to be free from pimples is now covered with small pimples and has turned red with some inflammation too. Really frustrating and feeling really bad for my tweener. Too young to suffer this kind of side effect from a medication that's suppose to be helpful!!!! Not using this product ever again!!!!"

Milcah Waltheer (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am in my 40 and my face has fire up with acne. My dermatologist recommended epiduo and I am in my 4 week, I tell you...this purging is no joke. It gets everything out, but after doing my homework and researching I know it gets better. If you are starting in epiduo please don't use to much the itching and peeling will get you (believe me I know..ouch). I use a lot of moisturizing for the dryness and when the itching got too much I use organic honey every night on my face it help a lot. Also, use the epitracker taking your photo each day will cheer you up because you see progress."

Hty949 (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "Started 4 days ago and already seeing results! Only thing that Has bothered me is the dry sensation around the nose (no dryness was visible but I felt it when smiling) Definitely worth it! Not expensive either!!!"

Phoenixjj August 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Epiduo Forte (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I've had stubborn acne for years and have tried so many different products. This gel hasn't totally cleared up my skin, but it has definitely improved it. At first, I piled it on problem areas like a spot treatment and didn't follow the instructions to apply a thin layer all over every night. It didn't work that way- it needs to be used consistently. When I started using it properly, my skin got dry and irritated especially around my mouth but it adjusted pretty quickly (I skip a night when needed). My old hyperpigmentation has started to fade a bit and new breakouts go away faster, but it's not a miracle cure for me."

stephlyudmila (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 23, 2017