User Reviews for Adapalene / benzoyl peroxide

Also known as: Epiduo, Epiduo Forte

Learn more about Adapalene/benzoyl peroxide.

Adapalene/benzoyl peroxide Rating Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 444 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Adapalene/benzoyl peroxide to treat Acne

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "The product gave me extreme rashes and my face was itchy for the next couple of days. My whole face was extremely swollen, it is possible I am allergic to benzoyl peroxide."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "This product is so bizarre and dangerous, I stopped using it after two months of it doing nothing but dry out my face to the point where it was constantly peeling and actually made my acne worse. Still looking for a treatment, but I will never go back to using synthetic products like this. The chemicals burned my face sometimes when I applied it, and ultimately the cystic acne that it healed came back even with continued use. If you're looking for a treatment, try natural methods first. I don't recommend this product; it's what my dermatologist gave me because she gives that to everyone who walks in with acne. It's not for everyone."

akz44 July 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I have used this in the past and was just prescribed it again. I only use a pea sized amount three times a week because it can be very drying and harsh. I do want to point out the first night I used it, when I woke up the next morning it looked like my pillowcase was bleached. Couldn't figure out what caused it until two nights later when I used it again, same thing the next morning. Be careful."

Tee56 July 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I started using Epiduo after getting severe cystic acne on my jaw line. Firstly I used way too much and too often and my skin became red raw and flaky. For this to work without redness use it very sparingly, one drop on your index is plenty and don't rub it in vigourously. I use it once a day after I shower before bed and it works wonderfully. I do still suffer a few spots on my mensural cycle but they aren't as bad as what they were. The only problem is we are planning for a family in a few months and this can't be used during pregnancy which is a shame because my hormones will be crazy. Be patient when using this product it does take about four weeks to work but it's worth the wait."

Goldie-Lee July 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I been using this medication for about a month now and when it comes to my acne I see a difference, However I have rashes, extremely bad burning sensation every time I apply moisturizer and an itch all over my face ! I have even consider to stop its use ."

JENSY (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I've been using epiduo gel for a little over a month now and my face has cleared up perfectly....I use epiduo 1 day on 1 day off as I found using it like this doesn't dry your skin out as much. I've also been applying dermal lotion to help with the redness and drying of skin and I'm so happy with the results. You need to be persistent and patient but it does actually work"

Cat6112 June 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I cut my Accutane medication short one month because of the damage it did on my lips....for the most part, my crazy acne cleared but I still had mild breakouts (especially during my menstrual cycle). My dermatologist prescribed me Epiduo and a certain wash. I'd recommend applying it around 3-4 times a week before bed because YES it does dry out the skin but that's how it clears the acne and renews your skin. After a couple of days of use, you will feel a burning sensation but it's tolerable--just keep your face hydrated the next morning by moisturizing (I find morroccon oil or vitamin e cream helpful) OVERALL, GREAT product that does the job and makes you feel confident again....no pain, no gain! results within a month!"

bzara June 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "This is an amazing solution for acne. If you are getting flaky skin or it's burning you are using too much. You only need a lea size (even smaller) amount to rub everywhere. I have been on it for 2 years and very rarely get a pimple anymore. Even after this long of I put more that a pea amount on I get blotchy and flaky so be very frugal!"

Winnie1234 June 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "This acne medication is amazing! Has nearly completely cleared up my severe body acne (chest and back) in almost two weeks. The only downside is the harsh drying side effect it has had on my skin as well as the rash that started two days after use. In saying this, the rash cleared right up with some hydro-cortisone cream so it wasn't a super big deal. All in all, it really does work and I am super pleased with my results."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Epiduo Forte (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I have been struggling with acne for a little over five years now. I finally went to the dermatologist after trying literally every face soap on this planet and got prescribed Epiduo Forte. I have oily skin and a lot of comedones on my forehead. The first week I could see the bumps on my forehead going down and some of them even disappearing. Then the second week my face was burning and whenever I would apply my regular face wash, my face would sting and it would hurt to apply it. I would definitely recommend using a moisturizer with this prescription. My pimples have come back though and my skin is worse , I am on my third week which is purge session so I hope to see better results in the future to come."

WKEP June 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "This drug is very effective in clearing acne, which is awesome, but it has very very harsh side effects. I used this drug two days in a row when I first got it (bad decision on my part) and woke up the next day with burning bright red skin that was sore and hot to the touch. People asked if I had gotten a severe sunburn! It really helped with my acne and definitely cleared my skin a lot, but the side effects made it impossible for me to use. It has now been 3 days since I last used it and my skin is peeling like crazy. I am using it in conjunction with clindamycin phosphate gel, a much gentler medication, and plan to only use epiduo 2x a week because of the horrible side effects. Make sure you moisturize and ease into using the medication!"

sophduf (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This medication is AMAZING! It actually WORKS! Stick through the initial- additional- breaking out while your skin detoxifies. It may take 4-6 weeks to begin seeing clearer skin. I have battled with acne since I was 13 years old. I'm 38. And have FINALLY been able to achieve the most beautiful, radiant skin I have EVER had. I wash with Cetaphil, follow with Neutrogena Alcohol free toner, Clean 'n Clear Benzoyl Peroxide 10 and use Aveeno Positively Radiant moisturizer SPF 15 in the AM. Wash, tone and then Epiduo Forte in the PM. As a female, you may need to consider whether hormones are the primary cause of your acne. I have used OrthoTricyclin in combination with the Epiduo Forte. Match made in heaven. "

Natalia123 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Stick it out!!! The "purge" is pretty awful... And I tried different things to sooth my skin at this point, and the only thing that didn't make my skin peel and burn more was sheabutter. It's the only thing I'll recommend now. I have had acne for 16 years, and varying degrees. When I tried this treatment I would consider it mild, oily skin, scarring, accompanied with blackheads. As every acne sufferer, you've tried everything, from crushing up advil to proactive and this may be a last resort. It really works. My skin tone is amazing, scarring is disappearing and my black heads are shrinking. I never thought I'd ever have this skin and it gets better everyday!! Tough it out folks."

sestell (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I am a 24 year old female that has suffered acne from the age of 14. I tried all expensive products, facials and peels. Nothing worked until I was recommended Epiduo from my local GP. I never want to get off this product!!! It took a while to start seeing results, maybe about a month. my skin did get a lot worse before it got better. I have been using this product for 9 months now and won't get a single pimple for a few weeks. I still use it every night but am trying to skip a day here and there. My scarring is starting to fade and I can go out of the house wearing no makeup now. I would recommend it to anyone"

Chris930 June 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I just recently used Epiduo Gel since I am having moderate breakouts which I fear to lead in a severe one and today was my second day. Frankly speaking, last night it brought an intolerable itchiness to the extent that I subconsciously scratched some parts of my face! I woke up this morning having a burning and flaky face. Even my family did noticed it. Now, upon reading that this product can cause a rare yet serious skin irritation, I am having doubts if I would still continue to use it. My dermatologist prescribed me this medication and I would try to talk to her about this problem as soon as possible. Just a friendly reminder, it would sting a lot!!"

Tinayy (taken for less than 1 month) June 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "Having started on the mini pill about 6 months ago my acne reared its ugly head very badly again, I went to the doctors and was put on antibiotics for a few months, this worked amazingly after a couple of months and I was thrilled. However I started having bad side effects from being on these for too long so stopped the treatment, within about two weeks I was having major break outs again, so depressing!! I went back to the doctors, she prescribed me epiduo. I was initially nervous about this treatment from reading reviews, but the doctor told me to start by only applying the cream a couple of times a week to let my skin get used to it, and to make sure I moisturised. It worked from first use pretty much and I'm so happy!!"

FoyofJoy (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I'm a sixteen year old and I have been using epiduo for 6 month now and it has given me miraculous result. I had acne all over my face and my dermatologist prescribed me epiduo. It was a kinda slow process for me, maybe because I don't have good patience but now I have pure clear skin without even the scars. I have an extremely oily skin and when I read the side effects of this cream I was kinda reluctant to use this cream. But I had a try and trust me, I didn't have the 'd' of dryness on my skin. In fact my skin became more oily . Overall I'm in love with this cream and I would recommend it to anyone who doesn't have a sensitive skin."

Heyyitsme May 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "My skin peeled and it burned but it helped my acne so much."

鹿 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "So I don't have a major acne problem. I'm 23 and I had like 4 pimples and one was very stubborn on my cheek it wouldn't go away. So I asked my dermatologist what I should do and she gave me some epiduo cream to try. I put it on right before bed and the first day it was fine and I noticed a reduction in my pimple so I tried it the second night. When I woke up the next morning my face was BURNING and the areas I applied this cream were so dry and flaky. I honestly would rather tolerate the ugly pimples over the side effects I got from this cream. Over all I hated this cream. If you have sensitive skin I would avoid using this, go for veltin instead it's much more gentle and effective for acne."

kay786 May 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I was prescribed Epiduo right before my senior year of high school, and I have now just finished my second year of college. For all of you reading reviews, don't believe any reviewer who has used this medication for less than 6 months. My dermatologist told me to use this every night, on my whole face. I didn't have red pimples but I had comodogenic acne--very bumpy, textured skin that drove me crazy. It took one full year to work, but it made my skin absolutely perfect--glowing, clear, tiny pores, everything I could ever have wanted. Flash forward to now, and I have moved up to EpiduoForte, because my skin is used to the regular Epiduo. There is no doubt about it. This works. But you have to stick out the awful part."

m97 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"SO I've suffered with acne basically since I hit puberty (now going on 21 years old). I've tried every type of med, cream, etc. I was given epiduo with just a fair warning of dryness which I assumed anyway.. after starting this medicine I began having dry, painful, red, burning skin. I read reviews to make sure this was normal and it seemed to be. Here is my advice... STICK IT OUT. "It has to get worse before it gets better". I have finally found a great skin care regime to go along with this medication and it's amazing. My face has cleared up so much (still not 100% but mostly because of stress) as a result of this medication! The pain and dryness was totally worth it!"

Bri1234 May 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am a 43 years old woman who had acne since the 6th grade. I have tried everything in the last 30 years; OTC, antibiotics oral and topical. I happened to go to the Dermatologist for a growth elsewhere. He asked about my acne and I told him the story. He prescribed Epiduo Forte. I thought "whatever" I will try it. Thinking its just another medicine that won't work. Luckily my insurance paid for it otherwise I probably won't have tried it. Its been about 8 weeks and my skin has never looked better. I am amazed. I would have rated it a 10 but there is burning at times."

Menomgirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"First off, let me begin by saying I am only two weeks in on starting Epiduo Forte. So far my experience has been very painful to say the least. As I have read countless others repeat the same thing, I assume this is normal. My dermatologist did forewarn me that dryness would result, but he did not quite prepare me adequately for the pain and burning. I wish he would of informed me or gave me a special moisturizer to help combat the pain and soreness. Lastly, I do not feel comfortable rating this product yet on its efficacy, but I will say that it definitely hurts and isn't comfortable to use because you will wake up to pain and rash that last about a couple days. Best of luck"

Anonymous May 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I had mild acne and then took this because my doctor said accutane was too bad for me. After about 2 weeks my face was beat red and burned like crazy then I broke out like ten times worse than before and my whole face was covered and it was horrible. I stuck with it for like 2 more weeks and it just got worse. I switched to accutane and I'm 3 months in and my face is doing really well. I recommend accutane, I don't feel depressed and the only side effect I've gotten is dry lips."

Mcmasher May 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Epiduo Forte is definitely the best spot treater I have used thus far because it cuts the lifespan of a cyst in half or more and gets rid of smaller-medium sized pimples basically overnight. Compared to the other topicals I've been prescribed or bought OTC, Epiduo Forte brings pesky pimples to a head 10x faster. I would have given 10 stars if it wasn't so drying but this is my go-to spot treatment for sure."

retailaddikt (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 7, 2017