User Reviews for Adapalene / benzoyl peroxide

Also known as: Epiduo, Epiduo Forte

Learn more about Adapalene/benzoyl peroxide.

Adapalene/benzoyl peroxide Rating Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 440 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Adapalene/benzoyl peroxide to treat Acne

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I'm 35 years old and never had acne until about 10 years ago, after I had my first child. My dermatologist prescribed Epiduo after I tried every possible over the counter acne treatments at home. It takes about 6 weeks to start seeing results. At first I still broke out, then my skin turned red and started to peel. I started using moisturizer which burned and didn't even help, BUT, I stuck with it. At about the 6th week, those side effects subsided and I no longer have breakouts. My skin is no longer peeling and red and is silky soft with acne scars diminishing daily. THE BEST STUFF EVER!"

Brick1981 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 26, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "Epiduo is amazing and I feel like I can go to school without having people look at me like I'm a big target. I have been on Epiduo for 2 days and all of my scars/major pimples have vanished into thin air. My skin doesn't dry out or have any of the side effects because I have used such intense things on my face like salicylic acid pads. But be sure to put on CeraVe Am lotion with SPF 30 to protect your face!!! I'll be giving an update in another month, so I wish you luck in your skin troubles and for Epiduo to cure them."

panda13611361 (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "This is the one and only thing that has helped my acne. I have tried both oral and topical antibiotics, oral antibiotics helped for a while however my body became used to the drug and the effects wore off and my acne returned. At one point I was considering roaccutane but I am so glad I didn't. The two things with this cream is time and persistence. At first it will seem everything is worse, dry/burning/peeling skin which is red raw. Only apply minimally at first (1 small blob) and allow your skin to get used to the cream otherwise your skin will burn. After time you can start to apply more. I have been using for 4 months now and I apply twice daily but still have to be careful not to apply too much otherwise I do feel the ill effects."

Emma810 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 19, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I've been to dermatologist over the years and allergists also. It wasn't until I was prescribed Epiduo that my skin started to improve to the extent that I no longer wear any makeup. I haven't been able to do that for years. It may still and dry your skin a little but a bit if moisturiser in the morning and a clear skin makes it all worth while. I am very appreciative to the doctor that prescribed it for me"

JojoZ April 17, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I'm 18 years old. My acne started very severe when I was 16 and I was given medication by a dermatologist when it was at its worst. After a year, the pills stopped working and my face broke out with giant, dark red cysts. I was then prescribed Epiduo. Not gonna lie, it was painful at first; my face was the darkest shade of red, super flaky, and burned something awful. Applying lotion to try and stop the peeling stung and I was so embarrassed to go to school looking like I'd gotten the worst sunburn ever. After a little over a month of this I became discouraged BUT I continued using it and I'm glad I did. My face is no longer red and my acne is almost completely cleared up. STICK WITH IT! I've been using it for over a year now. It works!"

Alygatorx April 17, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "This creme has done absolutely nothing but make my skin worse. I've been doing it for about 4 weeks now and have seen zero improvement at all. I do not recommend."

Taylor0506 April 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I have tried soooo many products I've seen different dermatologist, and when I got prescribed epiduo, idk why it took so long to get this as it was a life saver. I'm a 32 yo adult and whenever I get a breakout I use it once at night and I clear up quick. It is a little drying but I just moisturizer before putting it on. It worked amazing for me."

Dezeej April 15, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been using this acne cream for about 6 months. Before I started using it, I was having severe breakouts mostly within my T zone. Even though I had tried so many different cleansing products and acne related products, my acne seemed to be only getting worse. Once I went to the doctor he prescribe me this cream. In the first month my face was very sore, dry and red. Throughout the first couple of months, my face went through the purge stage where my acne seemed to be getting worse. But after reading reviews I decided to stick with it and now my acne is complete cleared! My daily routine is washing my face with the cetaphil cleanser and using my Mia brush, then apply a cream! Repeat at night but add the acne cream after the daily cream!"

Winter10 April 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I started this medicine when I was fairly young with moderate acne, I remember it doing absolutely nothing for m skin. It just made it kind of red."

Bradenh24 April 12, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "Having tried several different acne medications, and what seems like hundreds acne creams by brands like Clinique, Kiehls, Neals yard, Mario Bedescu and Clean & Clear, my dermatologist prescribed me epiduo. The 'purge' phase was awful, my skin got a lot worst before it started getting better, so bare that in mind when starting the cream. I am so thankful for this cream, it completely cleared my acne within one month! However, the side effects can be quite painful and frustrating, still after sixth months I experience extremely dry skin and occasional burning of the skin. These side effects haven't gone away for me as I continue using it. Just bare in mind that at the expense of curing your acne, you will experience side effects long term."

Ellso (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 12, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I'm a 19 year old male who suffered with moderate acne over face, particularly cheeks and chin. I had tried everything over the counter without much success. Epiduo has worked pretty well for me, greatly reduced the amount of spots I have (although still get the odd one). The dry/red skin is the biggest side effect, however regular moisturising (1-2 times per day) helps to reduce that. Has taken a couple of months to get to this stage but definitely works well, especially if you are unable/do not wish to take antibiotics."

MSRC (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 7, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "Epiduo hurt. And stung. It hurt when I put it on, it hurt when I put on lotion, and it hurt when I tried makeup. I only put it on at night; washed my face, put on the epiduo for 15 min, then covered myself in Nivea Soft lotion. (the one that stung the least $4.99) Today is day 18 and I am THRILLED! I only have scars, which are fading day by day. My skin is still peeling and stings! But it's tolerable. I haven't worn makeup to college or work for the past 3 days for the first time in my entire life, and I looked fine. A guy even hit on me in the parking lot!!! I will continue to use Epiduo even if the peeling face never goes away. It's done wonders! I'll wait another month and post on here again for the same results. STICK TO IT! TRUST!"

Meggyleggyweggy (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"While looking through the reviews for the first few weeks I saw none that had a similar experience to mine. While on Epiduo Forte I experienced no dryness on the skin and it ended up making my face even more oily! I stuck with it for 3 months and while my face did get a little better it didn't give me complete results. I will now be taking something stronger. Remember, every face is different so if you're getting dry but not harshly dry I would stick to it, but if your face is handling it well you may need to go back to the doctor or derm for something a bit stronger!"

Monbebe2014 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 31, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "Hello! Well... I've never had an acne skin. I have a mixed-oily skin and I have some acne when I get stressed. That' s the reason why I visited a dermatologist. The doctor recommended me to use epiduo (every night), after I wash my face with a foam (I use the same foam in the morning with a gel cream after it and a moisturizing cream, as many times as I want). Doctor informed me that this cream may affect me (redness, itching, drought, pain) but my face got like sunburned and it was scratching me so much. I was afraid and I stopped it yesterday. I don' t know if I continue using this cream."

Ale_gre March 27, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Ive been using this product for over 2 years off and on. The first time I used it, it cleared my skin up within 3 weeks of nightly use. I did have some drying/flaking of the skin in the first week, but eventually this subsided and stopped. I have very oily skin, with acne primarily at the bottom corners of my chin (below the corners of mouth), around my mouth and forehead (especially on the temples). This product has worked very well for me. Once my acne has gone away for a few weeks, I stop regular use and only use as a spot treatment as needed, it greatly reduced the amount of time that sores need to heal."

VanessaSt (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 25, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I have mild redness and swelling of pimples and scarring due to stress that I just could not clear up with over the counter products. I decided to go to a dermatologist and they prescribed me Epiduo (cream) and Minocycline (a pill) to help with the inflammation. I do have sensitive skin and each day I use it, it does burn when I put it on and leaves my face red and very dry! But.....I already see an improvement in my skin! They did say to use Epiduo gel every OTHER day if the redness and dryness continues. I am also using CeraVe lotion afterwards to moisturize (their recommendation) and it does not leave an oily residue like others I have tried and it truly is a great light weight lotion! I have faith in this acne product! Keep using it! :)"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "Read reviews from others and want to offer some advice on what I have learned and did to use Epiduo. First, Retin A will make the skin soft and susceptible to damage so do not pick skin as it can rip off layers causing scars. I use a sensitive skin soap such as Cetaphil sensitive skin soap. DO NOT scrub your face which stimulates sebum production. Use your finger tips and be as gentle as possible washing face AM/PM daily. When starting retinoids/ Epiduo, apply at night after washing and let face dry 20min. Apply 50/50 with Cetaphil eczema sensitive skin moisturizer. If you skin is red skip a night but I found that this moisturizer will eliminate the redness. Apply moisturizer in the AM after washing/softly drying your face. Use sunscreen"

JimmyDS1 (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "Burns face frequently causing severe pain,has not helped with acne"

Gee1921 March 17, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I'm a young teenage girl and I've struggled with acne since 6th grade and like any other young girl want to have a clear completion so I looked into acne treatments and found good review on epiduo so I went to my dermatologist and she said it was good to start and so I slowly progressed epiduo into my acne routine I used it for about 4 days and I saw progress in my acne being reduced in redness and size. I was thrilled. A few days later I went onto spring break and decided not to wear makeup and I realized around my mouth and wherever I put the epiduo gel was really red a day later after that my skin legit started to peel off my face. I stopped using it and it won't go away. HELP!!!!"

Saigey March 17, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "Honestly don't give up on this cream, i had acne since I was 13 years old, trying all sorts to clear my skin but nothing worked so i just dealt with it every day covering myself in make up. I'm now 21 and my skin is as clear as it has ever been, I started to use this cream 6 months ago but after 2 weeks on it I broke out in spots even more and my skin started to peel to the point I couldn't even touch my face cause it hurt so I gave up the cream for a few weeks but then decided to read some reviews and I took on advice of what people were saying to stick to it. I went back to the doctors got the cream again, 3 months on the redness/peeling stopped and skin is clear, I no longer wear make up and feel confident! STICK IT OUT!"

sammypp55 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 9, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I Used this treatment after using a few different antibiotics, retin A, some zinc lotion to which absolutely nothing worked! I went to my doctor almost in tears and he prescribed me this and said this is the best acne treatment from a GP and if this doesn't work he will refer me to a dermatologist And my god was he right. This is the only cream that has EVER worked. It burns like hell but your skin gets used to it after a bit and you have to be patient Also to let people know my ACNE was moderate it's now nearly gone. The cream doesn't cure you from getting spots but it definitely is the best thing I've used , my skin used to be SEVERE but it calmed down when I went on the Yasmin contraceptive pill, another drug I can't live without"

Jo601192 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 28, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I have been recently having bad acne for a year now, I went to my dermatologist and they prescribed epiduo. For the first week it worked great and really helped with my acne. But during the second week thats when it started to get bad. After I would use it my skin would burn and it hurt so bad that I was in tears. Nothing helped the burning but applying ice too it. It also made my face very red and my skin started to flake off. I don't tend to have sensitive skin either... would not recommend"

Katlyn K February 28, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Epiduo Forte (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "This med lost one point only bc of it's so pricey epiduo forte has totally changed my life!! I have tried seriously EVERYTHING to get rid of my acne. I'm 20, almost 21, and have been fighting it since I was like 14!! Trying med after med, everything a failure. then I tried epiduo forte!! for the first couple months I was like, "whatever another failure" bc I didn't see any results. But then the 3rd month hit! and I haven't had acne since!! so here's my advice for epiduo forte users: 1) USE LOTION W/ IT! something like cerave or cetaphil. put just a SMALL drop that you spread all over then use lotion on top of that 2) use it at morning AND night (w/ lotion) if you need to! I saw better results this way 3) Don't give up on it. give it 3 month"

Bekah0530 February 27, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "One word WOW. I was really depressed about my skin, and I decided to go to a dermatologist after finishing my exams. She gave me EPIDUO and another medicine. At first my skin got irritated and for 2 days it was really red and was peeling, I talked to my derm and she told me to stop the other medicine and use a moisturiser before applying EPIDUO, I continued using it every other day and results after a month was amazing. Now I have less acne and every 2 months I do a deep cleanse which is called HYDRAFACIAL. I don't really use much make up like I used before, I'm not applying foundation, and relatives and friends are surprised too. Thanks EPIDUO. btw I'm still using it but I just apply it once or twice a week."

someone thats happy with this February 25, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I've been using epiduo for a little over a year and it takes time but it got rid of so much acne!!! I was so happy until a month ago…my acne started coming back and I'm very disappointed because I thought I had finally gotten rid of my acne and then it came back:("

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 22, 2017