User Reviews for Adapalene / benzoyl peroxide

Also known as: Epiduo, Epiduo Forte

Learn more about Adapalene/benzoyl peroxide.

Adapalene/benzoyl peroxide Rating Summary

7.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 431 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Adapalene/benzoyl peroxide to treat Acne

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "Epiduo cleared my skin in a week! A bit of dryness but that was expected. Stubborn under the skin pimples that I had for months went away within a few days"

Jess_00001 September 27, 2016

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I have used epiduo for about 2 years, maybe going on three. or about 2 months after beginning the use of this product my skin was really breaking out terribly (because it is a retnoid: it brings everything to the surface making your skin break out a lot, but is good in the long run). Then around week 10 my skin cleared up and was actually looking pretty good. However, this past summer, my skin broke out terribly like it had the first time i used it, and has not exactly cleared up since. I still have breakouts (although not as bad) on my cheekbones, forehead, and chin."

Diana3813 September 26, 2016

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "From reading the reviews on this page, it sounds as Epiduo only works for some. Been suffering from Acne for 15 years and after 1 day using this, i saw the change. Now its only been 5 days of using this and its cleared up significantly. If it doesn't work for you, go back to your GP for another cream. Only down side, it stings and burns!"

Aria Zee (taken for less than 1 month) September 26, 2016

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I used to use this in my high school days but eventually stopped when my skin cleared up. Now in my adulthood, my skin began getting way worse than back then and after various acne regimes I decided to revert back to epiduo and just cleansing with cetaphil (plus I've been getting facials/laser where they do pimple extractions and other skin pigmentation techniques to get rid of blemishes/acne scars - which works wonders and I highly recommend!). I definitely agree with comments about how they make your marks darker, visually my skin looks like absolute shit but the texture has gotten heaps better! My skin is also purging but still better than what it was like before. its definitely worth trying! You just have to be persistent"

Daeny (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 25, 2016

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I am on week 3 now of epiduo and lemme tell you my first two weeks were pretty hard. My skin started peeling very badly after the first couple days and made my self esteem go way down... Now however my skin is used to it and I haven't seen any results YET. I'm holing to see some after week 4 but make sure you stick with it cause I have a feeling it is going to start getting better very soon"

Rish1234 September 24, 2016

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I had mild acne so my doctor prescribed minocycline and the epiduo gel. I can safely say that the combination of the two made my acne disappear! I experienced some flaking and redness the first few days after using the epiduo gel but after a few days most of my hyperpigmentation was gone!! THE BEST"

billie_b September 23, 2016

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "My daughter used this product for her acne after we asked the doctor for it. She, after many other meds, was finally motivated to use a product that may take time for results. It cleared her face within two werks. I guess different meds work for different people. She did not have the inflamed acne. More the closed comedone kind. (Only know how to describe it that way. Tons of tiny white bumps under the skin)."

Denair September 19, 2016

Epiduo Forte (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I'm having really bad burning & irriations , not sure if that's normal. I've only been using for 3 days & it's definitely making my ance worst , hopefully the pain & acne will go away soon"

aaliyaahh September 10, 2016

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I having been using Epiduo for over a year now and I haven't had any bad experiences with it. I had mild acne and this cleared it up really quickly. Now the only acne I get is hormonal and I put the epiduo on at night, almost using it like a spot treatment and the spots are already almost gone the next morning. It comes in a fairly small bottle and I have to get a refill every few months it seems which is the only downside."

Sara1822 September 7, 2016

"After trying many other acne products both OTC and prescribed I took my daughter back to the doctor and asked if she could try epiduo forte. He agreed and wrote her a prescription. I must stress that you need to follow the instructions for using this product and to also use the Cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer. My daughter had to stop using her favorite cleanser because it was too harsh when used with the epiduo forte (the cleanser contained salycilic acid). She was dedicated to using the epiduo forte and cleanser routine daily. We saw some initial results around week 2-3 then it seemed to get worse again. She faithfully stuck with it and around week 12-13 her skin looked amazingly clear and it continues to improve. This medicine works!"

JCMD September 5, 2016

Epiduo Forte (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I have been on this for 3 weeks, and I am not impressed. But since my dermatologist told me to try it for two months (and I've read others' reviews), I am going to stick it out. I didn't have horrible acne to begin with, but I was starting to get bad cystic ones on my checks, especially during my ovulation and menstrual cycle. So my doctor recommended this med. After the first week, things started to get worse! Now on week three and I have the worse acne I have had in a long time!! It is pretty embarrassing, especially considering I wasn't too bad before I started this drug. I am hopeful that things will get better, and my face will clear up, and stay clear even during those cycle times. But right now it is awful!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 4, 2016

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "It makes your acne worse for a while , if you have dark spots it's going to make them darker. But fast forward 2 mnths later ( time may vary the more you use it the faster your skin clears up ) my skin is clear, only use it at night time , my dermatologist recommended me to put it on for 5 mins then wash it off , the next day 15mins the day after that 30 and so on, now I just keep it on over night . Make sure to go to a dermatologist to give you products that work with it , and if it is useful for your acne or not ."

Lord zaltan (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 2, 2016

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "OMG I starting using the product about 6 months ago, and I didn't have awful acne, but pretty ugly patches on my cheeks and my lip line. For the first 2 months I followed the directions, but after that I started putting it on at night, in the morning, and before I went out. When I put it on and it dries, it immediately dulls acne scars and small zits that come up every once and a while. My acne scars went away and I have no blemishes and haven't for 2 months and my skin never cracks any more. BE PERSISTANT IT WILL WORK TRUST ME. And don't follow the directions u can use it more than 1 time a day"

Hoopter (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 28, 2016

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "At the age of 24, I unfortunately developed severe acne on my lower face. Tried everything the dermo suggested, antibiotics.. Some prescribed creams...then Epiduo. Doctor told me I'd have some irritation/dryness/redness and my acne might get worse before it got better for a few weeks... So for 12 weeks i patiently followed the doctors directions using the suggested cleanser/ moisturizer for the dryness and my nightly pea size application of Epiduo. This product..*sigh* made my acne WORSE.. For 12 weeks!!! More painful deep zits, bigger pores, more outbreaks... Like i didn't even go out anymore it was so bad. I quit using it from frustration and oddly my acne cleared up 90%. maybe I had a reaction? Who knows."

Mollymollls (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 26, 2016

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I am currently taking Minocycline and I just got a face peel a week ago. A few days after my face peel, my face still wasn't improving very well. I started using my Epiduo cream and my face is almost completely clear. It has made my face dry and it burns pretty bad, but with lotion, it isn't bad at all. I am very impressed. I am sure that the medication and the face peel has both made an impact on my face, but the Epiduo is helping a lot! I was skeptical of using this product since I have read that the acne will get worse before it gets better. That has not happened to me."

Shannon S. August 24, 2016

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "So I was prescribed this medication a while ago, but I basically gave up every time things got painful. That for me, was about 5th day in. I'd been told to persevere and that the pain and dryness would stop after the first 2 weeks. But I decided to only use it when I had breakouts. However, this medication brings out the acne before clearing it, so of course your acne is going to get worse before it gets better. HOWEVER, I now use it everyday. I have very sensitive skin so I can't use a lot of moisturisers because they burn. But I'm using some Garnier moisturiser and an oil based one from lush whenever my skin feels a little dry, and I have not had a painful night since. And no extreme dryness or flaking either. Brilliant!"

Zolio August 23, 2016

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "So I have had this gel for around 3 days (not long at all) I have had awful bad acne since I can remember... never a clear face , make up always looked awful due to the ugly spots and lumps under my foundation. Excessive oils on my face which would be there constantly and also very noticeable to everyone else as I kept getting toldI was sweating ! I've tried everything ! Until I got the courage to go doctors after debating spending a ridiculous amount on MAC make up determine that the cheaper make up was the problem ... Gp told me I had acne and 3 days after using the gel provided my skin is oil free and spots are disappearing before my eyes ! A bit of burning as I apply but its to be expected as the gp told me at the time of recieving Fab"

Jojayjau August 21, 2016

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "This product is AMAZING. For my whole life i thought the condition I had was rosacea and spent literally £100's of pounds on these worthless moisturisers thinking it would work Its magic.. But no. So I had enough of my bad skin and went to my GP. She actually said I had acne and prescribed me epiduo gel.. Which was £8... Oh my God i cannot believe how amazing this stuff is. So for the first few weeks my face was RED and dry and so sensitive it hurt! I literally couldn't put any products on my face and had to buy the most moisturising moisturer from Clinique which helped alot... However, the results, even after few weeks were so noticeable! I'm so HAPPY this has worked wonders for me."

Christina khatchikian (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 14, 2016

"Using product on 12 year old for moderate Back acne, some on face. Has improved acne over last 3/4 weeks. We do not use every day depending on sun exposure (summer). For best results do not use any other scrubs or acne products. Only gentle skincare. I would recommend this product."

ESTYMOM (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2016

"My 15 year old son suffered from moderate acne for a couple of years. He would get huge pimples that would leave scars. We finally saw a dermatologist who prescribed Epiduo Forte for nighttime use and Aczone for daytime. Within the first few days, his acne started clearing up. After one month, his face was clear. Any pimple that he might get now is usually gone within two days. No more scarring. Wish we tried this a year ago. We were warned that his acne might get worse before it got better, but he was lucky. That did not happen. We were also told he may have to use the Epiduo forte every three nights in the beginning if it was too drying on his face, but again, this did not happen. He has been very lucky and I am grateful."

lopearedbun August 11, 2016

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I am 25 and in the last 6 months I have been getting very stubborn, under the skin pimples on my cheeks. I have tried endless face washes and scrubs but nothing has worked like epiduo and was always left feeling disappointed and doubtful. I went to the docs and he prescribed epiduo, it has been a week and my right side has cleared up tremendously!! I am so happy with the results and can't wait to see my skin in about a month. Yes i get a slight burning sensation when I apply it before I go to sleep and my skin has dried up on those areas but acne is caused by excessive amounts of oils on the skin. If you want your acne to disappear you need to dry the oils out!"

Sam - 25 August 11, 2016

Epiduo Forte (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I'm a 33/f w/ cystic acne my entire life. I been using Epiduo Forte and Aczone for over 4 weeks now. I started using the Aczone daily in the AM and Epiduo every other night along with Doxy. Face started clearing w/o any dryness. Then week 2, I began using the Epiduo every night and within 2 days, my entire face broke out. But, this was expected and I knew purging might occur. However, the pimples did not last long. Only about 2 days or so and came to a head quickly. I'm pretty confident the pimples dried up quickly because of Aczone. Face got pretty dry though. So now, I use an daily exfoliant, hydrating serum (put on BEFORE meds to combat dryness/irritation), meds and CeraVe (am/pm) lotion. Works great!! Just have to be patient!"

Sooverthis44 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 9, 2016

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "Im going into hs, and my acne was getting pretty bad around my chin and forehead. It felt like every face wash did not work. My brother had been using epiduo and his face was clesring, so my doctor prescribed for me to give it a try. I was afraid id break out in hives and it would get bad from stories i read about proactive. After about 3 weeks, those cysts and hard acne disapeared . Follow the directions when it says once a day bc you dont want to irritate your skin. I to this day am using and havent gotten awful breakout since. I only get small whiteheads every once ina while. I feel like this product helped bc now i dont need to spend 50+ on facewash bc everything is fine as ling as i got my epiduo. Give it try and dont give up."

JULIA August 2, 2016

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I'm on my 3rd week of using epiduo. My skin has improved dramatically. Just waiting for the redness to disappear. Highly recommend"

Sambo p August 2, 2016

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide): "I used this for about 7-8 months straight before it ran out. I used it once a day on my entire face, since most of my face has acne. It helped prevent breakouts and reduced pimples, but it never actually cleared up my whole face. Now that it's gone I'm going to go find a medication that will actually clear up everything."

SamGuyPerson August 1, 2016