User Reviews for Adapalene / benzoyl peroxide

Acne
7.4

Summary of Adapalene/benzoyl peroxide reviews 7.4 640 reviews

Reviews for Adapalene/benzoyl peroxide

Epiduo Forte (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I struggled with a sudden burst of cystic acne on my cheeks for about a year before I finally went to a dermatologist. She prescribed Epiduo Forte along with a foam cleanser and sunscreen. The first two to three weeks were hell on my skin, it was dry, red, scaly and after that my skin got a few more breakouts. It wasn't until about two months of use that I really started to see my skin change for the better. Overall, after using Epiduo for six months in total, my face is completely clear and about 85% of the scaring the acne had caused is gone."

Anon734 September 9, 2018

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "This gel combined with a daily dosage of doxycycline completely transformed my skin! I was a bit skeptic to take it after reading reviews but I realised what have I got to lose?? Best decision ever!! Within three months my skin has completely cleared. At first my skin got really itchy and flaky but I just added more moisturiser & hydrating serums into my skin care routine and I’m fine. Honestly, just try it. It might just work!"

Jays (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 6, 2018

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I’ve been using epiduo for the past 4 weeks, and I'm in the middle of my 5th week ATM. At first I didn’t have a lot of changes but in the end of week 3 I got a lot of breakouts which I believe is the «purge». Sometimes my skin looks kind of fine but I still am breaking out. I am optimistic and I want it to work, so I am going to contiunue epiduo and then see what happens after 3 months, if nothing has changed and I am still breaking out I am going to discontinue the product. But I think it will work eventually. I get a lot of small whiteheads which I find weird because I didn't get that a lot before starting epiduo. I also get under the skin but they usually are gone within a week, but always seem to leave a red mark behind. I am going to write another review when I am 3 months in my journey.:)"

16 years old (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2018

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I’ve struggled with mild to moderate acne for 10 years (currently 25). For some unknown reason my acne recently worsened, so I finally decided to see my doctor and discuss treatment options. Week 1: My skin was very dry and flaky, my pimple started to dry up and new pimples were less frequent. Week 2: Skin still dry and flaky, but not as bad as week 1. Again, less new pimples popping up and old pimples starting to reduce in size. Week 3: The purge! Suddenly (overnight), a lot of pimples came out of nowhere, which I was expecting, but was still a bit alarming. One thing I noticed was that although there were a lot of new pimples, they were healing very quickly. Week 4: Clear skin! For the first time in a long time my skin is 95% clear. I will continue the treatment for a least another two months just to make sure my acne doesn’t come back, then I’ll start to tone down the treatment. Conclusion: Acne sucks, but this medication worked for me. Be patient."

SW September 4, 2018

For Acne: "5 stars out of 5. Skin is like babies butt"

Kbee (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2018

Epiduo Forte (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I do not recommend this!!!! I got a sample from my dermatologist and used it twice. I may be a rare case, but I’m experiencing a severe allergic reaction. My entire face is swollen, eye lids, severe bumps, redness, burning, itchiness, the list goes on. My skin is not cut out for this strong stuff."

Court (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2018

Epiduo Forte (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I started using epiduo forte almost 8 weeks ago. I used as prescribed (slowly increasing use over time). For the two weeks or so, my skin purged and got worse (more pimples in the areas that normally broke out), but at about that 3-4 week mark I started to really see a difference in my skin, and got super excited. But now, for the past two weeks, my skin is pretty much right back to how it was before I started. Not terrible, but definitely not good, perhaps maybe even worse than before. I’m not sure what I may have done wrong, but if this is how my skin will continue to look using this, I’m going to stop. Also, this medication is extremely drying (especially around the mouth area) and causes your skin to flake and sometimes itch and slightly burn. I’m disappointed, but hoping to give it two more weeks before throwing it in the trash."

Kat August 19, 2018

For Acne: "I’ve struggled with mild/moderate acne for a few years, I was using clindoxyl before but it was expensive and not working. I’ve used tactupump for about 2 1/2 weeks now and I had no issues until now. I didn’t really notice much of a difference in my acne but today I tried some concealer and my face BURNED. I had to take it off immediately. I’ve never had any allergies to cosmetics in my life. About 20 minutes ago I washed my face then applied my tactupump just like the directional after about 5-10 minutes I applied some Nivea Creme. My face has been burning so bad it’s brought me to tears. I’ve heard a lot of people talk about a burning sensation but this feels like hell. Anybody else have this?"

Danielle (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2018

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "Only recently I started to get a little bit of pimples on my jaw line and forehead and I was really stressed about this because my whole life I had never gotten pimples (maybe 2 on my face at worse). I went to my doctor frustrated and I was prescribed epiduo (my acne wasn’t bad at all I just wanted to have really clear skin), After the first use of epiduo I felt no burning and the next day I could instantly see a difference it seemed like all my clogged pores were cleaned and my face was looking smoother, although the next couple uses did irritate my face a bit (I was using way too much) and caused a breakout at about the 10-14 day mark, my face after a month of use is as clear as it’s ever been! Even clearer than what it was before I started getting pimples. To everyone reading this going through the initial break out or irritation stage of epiduo I highly recommend continuing use just maybe give your face a bit of time to rest between applying, would recommend"

person (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2018

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "To start I’m going to give some background on my skincare history. I have cystic acne. Adult Acne runs in my family. I'm currently 19 and I started acne treatment probably about 16. I’ve completed one course of roaccutane before and a lot of other medications but sadly it came back. I'm currently 5 months into using epiduo and my skin is so stunning, I have no pimples. I have pictures from near the start of my treatment and yes it does get worse before it gets better but I haven't been happier with my skin in a long time. This is a good alternative to roaccutane but it might take awhile to achieve results."

problematicskin (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2018

Epiduo Forte (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I don’t even know where to start... I struggled with back acne for 3 years. I used every drugstore product including neutrogena, clean and clear, pro activ, x-out, and many others. Epiduo was recommended to my by my dermatologist. THIS WAS THE BEST THING THAT HAPPENED TO ME! With applying this all over my back along with a cera ve foam cleanser, my back acne is now gone after 3 weeks of use. I couldn’t be much happier and this product is a go!"

liz (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2018

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "The last two months I've had really bad breakouts (btw I’m 18) and I’ve been on lymecycline for the last 8 months and now they kind of stops working on me. So I just wanted to try something new. Sooo I've been using epiduo for 2 days and my breakout is going away, it is a lot better now and I hope it will continue in the same direction the next weeks. It hasn’t burned at all on me but I think I just dont have sensitive skin at all, my skin is not so dry either, just a tiny bit under my mouth, but thats fine"

Mathilda August 8, 2018

Epiduo Forte (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I started epiduo forte about two months ago and didn’t see much of a difference in my skin until about a week ago. Combined with drinking lots of water, moisturizing, and ALWAYS wearing sunscreen when I go outside, this has worked miracles for not only my acne but also hyper-pigmentation. I experienced a lot of the burning, itching, peeling etc. at first, but after consistently using it and giving it time my skin looks much better!"

Han (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 23, 2018

Epiduo Forte (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "Epiduo Forte is probably one of the most effective topicals I've used to date (suffered from hormonal cystic acne for 8 years now) and definitely more effective than Epiduo. I've never written a review for an acne medication before so trust me when I say I rely on Epiduo Forte as an effective spot treatment. I find this topical to really help in thwarting those angry cystic pimples and stop em in their tracks. If I get them early and apply the Forte they usually go away or just turn into a regular/smaller pimple with a head. The only thing I hate about it is that it makes the area where you apply the epiduo forte EXTREMELY dried out and flaky, which sucks for a foundation-wearer like myself. The flaking doesn't fully subside til about a week so if you want your makeup to look smooth try not to apply the night before or just apply a very thin layer."

nycluv July 23, 2018

Epiduo Forte (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I went to the dermatologist and this is what I was put on. Within the first two weeks I noticed my acne really clearing up. After that, my acne just went downhill, bigger pimples started occurring and I still have not seen a difference, only my face getting worse."

em (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2018

Epiduo Forte (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "Worked for me!!"

Debbie (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2018

For Acne: "I have used Epiduo every night for the last four years, and it is the only medication that has completely gotten rid of my acne! Every night, I mix a pea sized amount of Epiduo with some CeraVe moisturizing face lotion and spread that on my face. I leave it overnight and wash it off in the morning. Don't get me wrong, I still get pimples here and there, but only right before my period. I used to have horrible skin in the sense that there were hundreds of tiny bumps and scars. Now, I get compliments from friends and family. My cheeks are as soft as a baby's butt! In regards to the burning, sensitivity, and peeling, that happened to me too for the first one or two months of using Epiduo. I would only use it every two days to get my face used to it. I haven't had a problem with it since! Definitely recommend it!"

Natty July 10, 2018

Epiduo Forte (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I have been using Epiduo Forte about 6 weeks and I am still stuck with my red and huge patches. My face now looks worse before I started this cream. I am a little bit concerned since I should start seeing results in 6-8 weeks of treatment. I asked my dermatologist why but she said I'm still purging. My gut says that it doesn't seem like a purge though. Six months ago, I was prescribed with Epiduo and it did wonders to my skin in about 1-2 months."

Fly July 3, 2018

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I went on Epiduo in grade 6 to deal with mild-moderate acne. I absolutely loved it! it did have to get worse for about a week before it got better but it did get better. Then I began to notice the pimples come up again. It was like I had built a tolerance to the Epiduo. My mom and I decided it was time to get off of it since it wasn’t helping anymore. A few years passed into the middle of grade 9 and my acne was pretty bad. I went to a new dermatologist and she recommended to put me on epiduo to try it again. We agreed and I bought it. The first few nights I noticed a few minor pimples popping up but I didn’t think much of it because they weren’t as bad as the rest of my face. Maybe 2-3 weeks later my skin was sunburnt AND terribly broken out. I stopped immediately. Looking back to when I used it I do think it works for the smaller acne but not necessarily the more painful, cystic acne."

DJ (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 20, 2018

Epiduo Forte (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I just started using epiduo forte, I'm not even a week in and my acne is going away so fast !! I’m in love with this product !! I was an accutane user prior to this and after a year off accutane my cystic acne was coming back ! My dermatologist prescribed me epido forte and I couldn’t be any happier with her decision because now my skin is glowing already and my acne is going away !!"

Jozlyn (taken for less than 1 month) May 27, 2018

Epiduo Forte (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "When I first started using epiduo, my skin became very dry and painful. It also peeled. Within the first two-four weeks, my skin got slightly worse. However, after one month, it began to work like nothing else I’d ever used. It was great for the skin-colored bumps on my forehead and normal acne. I strongly recommend using coconut oil as a moisturizer when on this medicine. It helps profusely, and it helps minimize the initial dryness/pain/peeling that this medicine causes. It is totally worth the money and beginning side effects!!! Best thing for my acne!"

MK (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 23, 2018

Epiduo Forte (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "After high school, I developed mild-occasionally moderate acne all around my mouth and chin. Doxycycline helped clear it up but it just came back after I stopped taking it. My doc prescribed epiduo forte and I have been using it for five months in my mouth area only. It took a decent while to work- initially fluctuating between good and bad skin, before gradually but consistently getting better. BEWARE! You need to ease into it. I started out using it every night, and about a week later at the beach, the sunscreen and salt water made my face burn so badly. Occasionally now I get a similar burning when putting on moisturiser, in which case I just don't apply the Epiduo for a night. It has also made my skin a lot drier and flaky, but I put up with it because overall it has really improved my acne and I am happy with the outcome. Ease into it, stick with it (if it isn't too harsh for you) for at least a few months to see results, but read your skin day by day to adjust your routine."

Olivia May 15, 2018

Epiduo Forte (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "This is been the absolute worst experience I have ever had!!. It was delivered four streets over to the wrong address and the young lady was kind enough to bring the package by my home. So I tried it on Monday: 1 pump. I put on at about 9:30, waited two minutes & went to bed. I woke up not 15 minutes later with my face feeling like it is on fire. Went to the bathroom washed my face, it did not help. I had to get an ice pack to numb my face, took several ibuprofens and went to bed. When I woke up I had basically chemical burns from the medication under my jaw, my entire face is swollen. And I had to contact my dermatologist to prescribe me to help. That was Monday and today is Friday and I am still feeling the effects. My face still feels like it’s on fire and being eaten by fire ants, and washing my face with warm water is not an option because it stings like crazy. I would not recommend this to anyone ever.!!!"

Toya May 11, 2018

Epiduo Forte (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "So I have tried many products and pills having little to no results, I started struggling with acne during college seemingly out of no where. Epiduo Forte is the ONLY thing that works for me. On the other reviews some people reported have a burnt/fiery feeling on their face. I experienced this as well. This is what happens when you try to get your face used to the medication. I talked to my dermatologist and he recommended cutting back from using it every night to every other night which helped a lot! I also experienced an itching and peeling stage which I would GLADLY go through again to get my face in the shape its in now! I wish I could upload photos of before and after this medicine. I don't wear any foundation or cover up anymore because my skin literally glows! Do not be afraid to give Ep. Forte a try!!"

Wren K May 3, 2018

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "Epiduo ruined my skin pretty badly. I used it for six weeks straight and my skin only got progressively worse, at one point a gigantic 3 cm diameter cyst developed on my forehead, exploding with pus, swelling up again, exploding again etc. It got so bad that it could only be taken down with multiple cortisone shots and antibiotics. Now I am left with horrible scarring (physically, but emotionally as well, the whole experience was actually quite traumatizing). I had to quit using the medicine so I do not know if it would’ve had gotten better but honestly it is not worth it, the scarring and hyperpigmentation is horrible"

E1234 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...

Micromedex® Care Notes