User Reviews for Adapalene / benzoyl peroxide

Also known as: Epiduo, Epiduo Forte

Learn more about Adapalene/benzoyl peroxide.

Acne 522 reviews 537 medications

7.4
Summary of Adapalene/benzoyl peroxide reviews 522 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Adapalene/benzoyl peroxide

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "So I don't have a major acne problem. I'm 23 and I had like 4 pimples and one was very stubborn on my cheek it wouldn't go away. So I asked my dermatologist what I should do and she gave me some epiduo cream to try. I put it on right before bed and the first day it was fine and I noticed a reduction in my pimple so I tried it the second night. When I woke up the next morning my face was BURNING and the areas I applied this cream were so dry and flaky. I honestly would rather tolerate the ugly pimples over the side effects I got from this cream. Over all I hated this cream. If you have sensitive skin I would avoid using this, go for veltin instead it's much more gentle and effective for acne."

kay786 May 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I was prescribed Epiduo right before my senior year of high school, and I have now just finished my second year of college. For all of you reading reviews, don't believe any reviewer who has used this medication for less than 6 months. My dermatologist told me to use this every night, on my whole face. I didn't have red pimples but I had comodogenic acne--very bumpy, textured skin that drove me crazy. It took one full year to work, but it made my skin absolutely perfect--glowing, clear, tiny pores, everything I could ever have wanted. Flash forward to now, and I have moved up to EpiduoForte, because my skin is used to the regular Epiduo. There is no doubt about it. This works. But you have to stick out the awful part."

m97 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 21, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "SO I've suffered with acne basically since I hit puberty (now going on 21 years old). I've tried every type of med, cream, etc. I was given epiduo with just a fair warning of dryness which I assumed anyway.. after starting this medicine I began having dry, painful, red, burning skin. I read reviews to make sure this was normal and it seemed to be. Here is my advice... STICK IT OUT. "It has to get worse before it gets better". I have finally found a great skin care regime to go along with this medication and it's amazing. My face has cleared up so much (still not 100% but mostly because of stress) as a result of this medication! The pain and dryness was totally worth it!"

Bri1234 May 14, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "I am a 43 years old woman who had acne since the 6th grade. I have tried everything in the last 30 years; OTC, antibiotics oral and topical. I happened to go to the Dermatologist for a growth elsewhere. He asked about my acne and I told him the story. He prescribed Epiduo Forte. I thought "whatever" I will try it. Thinking its just another medicine that won't work. Luckily my insurance paid for it otherwise I probably won't have tried it. Its been about 8 weeks and my skin has never looked better. I am amazed. I would have rated it a 10 but there is burning at times."

Menomgirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "First off, let me begin by saying I am only two weeks in on starting Epiduo Forte. So far my experience has been very painful to say the least. As I have read countless others repeat the same thing, I assume this is normal. My dermatologist did forewarn me that dryness would result, but he did not quite prepare me adequately for the pain and burning. I wish he would of informed me or gave me a special moisturizer to help combat the pain and soreness. Lastly, I do not feel comfortable rating this product yet on its efficacy, but I will say that it definitely hurts and isn't comfortable to use because you will wake up to pain and rash that last about a couple days. Best of luck"

Anonymous May 9, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I had mild acne and then took this because my doctor said accutane was too bad for me. After about 2 weeks my face was beat red and burned like crazy then I broke out like ten times worse than before and my whole face was covered and it was horrible. I stuck with it for like 2 more weeks and it just got worse. I switched to accutane and I'm 3 months in and my face is doing really well. I recommend accutane, I don't feel depressed and the only side effect I've gotten is dry lips."

Mcmasher May 8, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "Epiduo Forte is definitely the best spot treater I have used thus far because it cuts the lifespan of a cyst in half or more and gets rid of smaller-medium sized pimples basically overnight. Compared to the other topicals I've been prescribed or bought OTC, Epiduo Forte brings pesky pimples to a head 10x faster. I would have given 10 stars if it wasn't so drying but this is my go-to spot treatment for sure."

retailaddikt (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 7, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "It's now Day 168, a little more than 24 weeks since I began using Epiduo Forte. My last review was ~5 weeks in and I was miserable. The purge stage lasted 2-3 months for me and I honestly never looked worse. But my skin finally showed real improvement about 6 weeks ago and I'm happy I fought my way through the beginning. My skin is still red and I still have issues with occasional tiny whiteheads on my inner cheeks, smile lines, and the sides of my nose, but the texture of my skin couldn't be softer or smoother everywhere else. My forehead, chin, jaw, and outer cheeks are perfect. I've managed to cut back on makeup, and have hope that in another 6 months my skin will be 100%. "

TGBev (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 5, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I posted about a month ago, and feel that I should post again. It's been 46 days since I started epiduo. My scars are still fading, my skin looks and feels tighter (in the best way), and I feel as if my pores are getting smaller. I've read people say this doesn't happen with epiduo, but it's happened to me. I did just get 2 new pimples, but those are the first since the second week of using this med, and I just started my period. But I'll take it compared to what my skin was before! Huge tip: download the epi-tracker in the App Store. Take a picture every morning to track the progress and keep you committed! It tells you how many days you've been using it and lets you compare the progress. super helpful."

Meggyleggyweggy May 2, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "It took a good couple of months for me to start seeing noticeable results. When I first started using it my skin was so red and started peeling and flaking off it also made me break out so much. Make sure to use plenty of moisturiser and hydrating products (I use dermalogica skin soothing hydrating lotion, would recommend it as it helps a lot with the dryness but doesn't leave your skin with a greasy feel) After about a month the redness and peeling stopped. It's taken a little less than a year for my skin to get to where it is now, it is so clear and has very minimal redness, it's also helped with the scarring. You have to have a lot of patience when using this product but its 100% worth it in the end."

Anonymous May 2, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Epiduo Forte (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I started this topical ointment back in February. Skin takes quite a while to get acclimated. I'd say a month+ before it stops burning. I'd apply Epiduo followed by Aquaphor to combat the dryness and it just seals your face up for a good 20 minutes. I peeled a lot in the beginning, but I did not purge. I notice it actually makes skin much oilier since the pores are now unclogged. If I wear moisturizer under makeup, I'm an oil slick by noon. I try to avoid moisturizer now. I still have gotten pimples and a cyst so I'm not sure how amazing this is. Also, someone said use this in the morning. Please don't do that. "

Katzie105 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I'm 35 years old and never had acne until about 10 years ago, after I had my first child. My dermatologist prescribed Epiduo after I tried every possible over the counter acne treatments at home. It takes about 6 weeks to start seeing results. At first I still broke out, then my skin turned red and started to peel. I started using moisturizer which burned and didn't even help, BUT, I stuck with it. At about the 6th week, those side effects subsided and I no longer have breakouts. My skin is no longer peeling and red and is silky soft with acne scars diminishing daily. THE BEST STUFF EVER!"

Brick1981 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 26, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "Epiduo is amazing and I feel like I can go to school without having people look at me like I'm a big target. I have been on Epiduo for 2 days and all of my scars/major pimples have vanished into thin air. My skin doesn't dry out or have any of the side effects because I have used such intense things on my face like salicylic acid pads. But be sure to put on CeraVe Am lotion with SPF 30 to protect your face!!! I'll be giving an update in another month, so I wish you luck in your skin troubles and for Epiduo to cure them."

panda13611361 (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "This is the one and only thing that has helped my acne. I have tried both oral and topical antibiotics, oral antibiotics helped for a while however my body became used to the drug and the effects wore off and my acne returned. At one point I was considering roaccutane but I am so glad I didn't. The two things with this cream is time and persistence. At first it will seem everything is worse, dry/burning/peeling skin which is red raw. Only apply minimally at first (1 small blob) and allow your skin to get used to the cream otherwise your skin will burn. After time you can start to apply more. I have been using for 4 months now and I apply twice daily but still have to be careful not to apply too much otherwise I do feel the ill effects."

Emma810 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 19, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I've been to dermatologist over the years and allergists also. It wasn't until I was prescribed Epiduo that my skin started to improve to the extent that I no longer wear any makeup. I haven't been able to do that for years. It may still and dry your skin a little but a bit if moisturiser in the morning and a clear skin makes it all worth while. I am very appreciative to the doctor that prescribed it for me"

JojoZ April 17, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I'm 18 years old. My acne started very severe when I was 16 and I was given medication by a dermatologist when it was at its worst. After a year, the pills stopped working and my face broke out with giant, dark red cysts. I was then prescribed Epiduo. Not gonna lie, it was painful at first; my face was the darkest shade of red, super flaky, and burned something awful. Applying lotion to try and stop the peeling stung and I was so embarrassed to go to school looking like I'd gotten the worst sunburn ever. After a little over a month of this I became discouraged BUT I continued using it and I'm glad I did. My face is no longer red and my acne is almost completely cleared up. STICK WITH IT! I've been using it for over a year now. It works!"

Alygatorx April 17, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "This creme has done absolutely nothing but make my skin worse. I've been doing it for about 4 weeks now and have seen zero improvement at all. I do not recommend."

Taylor0506 April 15, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I have tried soooo many products I've seen different dermatologist, and when I got prescribed epiduo, idk why it took so long to get this as it was a life saver. I'm a 32 yo adult and whenever I get a breakout I use it once at night and I clear up quick. It is a little drying but I just moisturizer before putting it on. It worked amazing for me."

Dezeej April 15, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "I have been using this acne cream for about 6 months. Before I started using it, I was having severe breakouts mostly within my T zone. Even though I had tried so many different cleansing products and acne related products, my acne seemed to be only getting worse. Once I went to the doctor he prescribe me this cream. In the first month my face was very sore, dry and red. Throughout the first couple of months, my face went through the purge stage where my acne seemed to be getting worse. But after reading reviews I decided to stick with it and now my acne is complete cleared! My daily routine is washing my face with the cetaphil cleanser and using my Mia brush, then apply a cream! Repeat at night but add the acne cream after the daily cream!"

Winter10 April 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I started this medicine when I was fairly young with moderate acne, I remember it doing absolutely nothing for m skin. It just made it kind of red."

Bradenh24 April 12, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "Having tried several different acne medications, and what seems like hundreds acne creams by brands like Clinique, Kiehls, Neals yard, Mario Bedescu and Clean & Clear, my dermatologist prescribed me epiduo. The 'purge' phase was awful, my skin got a lot worst before it started getting better, so bare that in mind when starting the cream. I am so thankful for this cream, it completely cleared my acne within one month! However, the side effects can be quite painful and frustrating, still after sixth months I experience extremely dry skin and occasional burning of the skin. These side effects haven't gone away for me as I continue using it. Just bare in mind that at the expense of curing your acne, you will experience side effects long term."

Ellso (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 12, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I'm a 19 year old male who suffered with moderate acne over face, particularly cheeks and chin. I had tried everything over the counter without much success. Epiduo has worked pretty well for me, greatly reduced the amount of spots I have (although still get the odd one). The dry/red skin is the biggest side effect, however regular moisturising (1-2 times per day) helps to reduce that. Has taken a couple of months to get to this stage but definitely works well, especially if you are unable/do not wish to take antibiotics."

MSRC (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 7, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "Epiduo hurt. And stung. It hurt when I put it on, it hurt when I put on lotion, and it hurt when I tried makeup. I only put it on at night; washed my face, put on the epiduo for 15 min, then covered myself in Nivea Soft lotion. (the one that stung the least $4.99) Today is day 18 and I am THRILLED! I only have scars, which are fading day by day. My skin is still peeling and stings! But it's tolerable. I haven't worn makeup to college or work for the past 3 days for the first time in my entire life, and I looked fine. A guy even hit on me in the parking lot!!! I will continue to use Epiduo even if the peeling face never goes away. It's done wonders! I'll wait another month and post on here again for the same results. STICK TO IT! TRUST!"

Meggyleggyweggy (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "While looking through the reviews for the first few weeks I saw none that had a similar experience to mine. While on Epiduo Forte I experienced no dryness on the skin and it ended up making my face even more oily! I stuck with it for 3 months and while my face did get a little better it didn't give me complete results. I will now be taking something stronger. Remember, every face is different so if you're getting dry but not harshly dry I would stick to it, but if your face is handling it well you may need to go back to the doctor or derm for something a bit stronger!"

Monbebe2014 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 31, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "Hello! Well... I've never had an acne skin. I have a mixed-oily skin and I have some acne when I get stressed. That' s the reason why I visited a dermatologist. The doctor recommended me to use epiduo (every night), after I wash my face with a foam (I use the same foam in the morning with a gel cream after it and a moisturizing cream, as many times as I want). Doctor informed me that this cream may affect me (redness, itching, drought, pain) but my face got like sunburned and it was scratching me so much. I was afraid and I stopped it yesterday. I don' t know if I continue using this cream."

Ale_gre March 27, 2017