User Reviews for Adapalene/benzoyl peroxide topical

Also known as: Epiduo Forte, Epiduo

Acne 7.4

Reviews for Adapalene/benzoyl peroxide topical

neil152 · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 18, 2020

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: “I have been using Epiduo for exactly a year for acne and have now discontinued its use. At first, I had the common side effects, such as burning & dryness, but even months later after that subsided, my skin just always looked red. Even the morning after I applied the Epiduo, it was still red and was noticeable. Looking back over the past year, I don't think it has made much of a different to the acne, as I still broke out frequently over 6 months into using the medication.”

Hayes August 26, 2020

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: “I’ve been using Epiduo since January 24th, 2020. My advice is stay strong for the first few months. Don’t expect any results for 3-5 months and expect your skin to look horribly worse. Stay strong during that period. After 3-5 months, the face should look horribly red but breakouts should be getting to a minimum. For the next few months, epiduo should be still in use for the redness and scars. This takes 3 months for the redness to be only visible really up close. I would recommend this gel but you must not expect to have clear smooth skin in the first 2 months definitely. If lucky 3-4 months but should make sure to know that 8 months could be a possibility and prepare and trust the process. My skin still isn’t where I want it so I will still be using this to get the scaring fade but compared to a few months ago my skin looks 10x better.”

Zoe · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 25, 2020

Epiduo Forte (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: “I left a review after 1st week of using Epiduo, and I said I was positive about this product. I think I’m right. First two weeks my acne got worse, my right eye was swollen and my whole face is burning like sunburn, I got huge and painful bumps on my forehead and parts that I don’t usually get acne, but I’m so glad that I didn’t give up. It’s been over a month now and I only have some acne scars left to clear. I still have 1-2 bumps on my chin since I sleep late which I think is normal. I can’t put on any makeup since it still gets super flaky. I didn’t use any moisturizer cuz my skin is already oily, instead, I use niacinamide 12% in the morning and Epiduo at night. Use it once every two days if you think it’s too strong for your skin. Yeah girls it will get worse before it gets better, don’t give up. Don’t use more than 1 pump, my face was almost ruined by using more than “pea size” amount. DON'T DO IT, follow the instructions”

Mum of tween · Taken for less than 1 month August 22, 2020

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: “A dermatologist prescribed this for my tween son who had blackheads on his nose, I had tried a number of over the counter products that if anything just made it worse. So I made an appointment with the dermatologist for him and he prescribed Epiduo. He told us on the first day put it on for an hour and wash off half an hour later put on Cetaphill Moisturiser, The 2nd day two hours, the 3rd day 3 hours Etc and then after 5 days leaving it on over night, still putting the moisturiser on half an hour after. We have had no dryness or irritation, the Epiduo seemed to bring any congestion in the skin up in tiny bumps and after 3 weeks his skin is clear from nearly blemishes. Don’t be afraid for It to bring a spot out this means it’s working, stick with it and be consistent.”

Li · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 20, 2020

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: “Hi! I’m on my 5th month of using epiduo and it has been a life saver it’s upped my confidence a lot. Recently I’ve gotten a breakout again but that’s expected because of being a teen and all that. But my forehead is so clear and my before and after pictures I can’t even explain.. just incredible work. You have to be patient with this cream and you will see results. Everyone should give it at least a 6 month trial and take before and after pictures. It stings at the start as the cream adjusts but it soon helps and the acne spots disappear quickly!”

Melker August 20, 2020

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: “I started the epiduo transformation about 6 weeks ago and my acne just got worse after the third week. I hope that It’s true what you guys are saying, that It’s gonna help after 3 months.”

Pears · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 18, 2020

For Acne: “I’ve been using tactupump for 2 months and am still currently using it. It definitely burned and stung the first week or so but nothing major. I never really experienced a huge purge but it did get better and worse and better and worse before the point I am at now. I still have the occasional pimple and leftover spots but overall it has helped me. Get through the first couple months and I hope it’ll help you too. Tip: wear sunscreen or limit time outside! I went to the beach one day and wore sunscreen and and hat, I did not think I burnt but sure enough I went inside to apply more sunscreen and it burnt like crazy!!!! I couldn’t even use my gentle cleanser my face hurt so bad, it subsided in a day though, just be careful.”

Angel August 1, 2020

Epiduo Forte (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: “Hello. I'm 18 years old. I've used epiduo forte 2 years ago (2018) for my acne. It did cleared my skin after using it for 2 months. But then I stopped using the medication because I was still scared that my skin might depend on it. So I switched to other products. With so much regrets, my acne came back worse. Just last month, I thought of going back to my dermatologist because my acne keeps getting worst. He then prescribed me again the epiduo forte, and now it's been 5 weeks since I used it and my acne keeps getting worse, which I never experienced before. I kept on having big bumps on my forehead and cheeks. I was really in doubt if epiduo forte would work or clear up my skin again. Or was it used to it already. It's really getting worse, but then I'm still on my 5th week of using it. What do you think?”

Jomo · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 30, 2020

Epiduo Forte (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: “I have mild-moderate acne and textured skin (little skin-coloured hard bumps) which I think is caused by my super oily skin. I’ve had all this ever since I was a teenager and throughout my adult years. I recently broke out (more than normal) so my doctor prescribed me TactuPump Forte. I’ve been using it for a month now: the breakout pimples are gone and the hard little bumps on my skin are about 70% gone. Currently, I have a few active red pimples on my face, flakey skin all over, I feel extremely dry yet I’m still oily (much less than before) and my skin is now super sensitive. Using it every night burned my skin a lot so I switched to using it every other night. I will continue to use TactuPump Forte but so far, I think this treatment is just OK (taking into consideration of the improvements AND side effects). Good luck to anyone who’s currently using this acne treatment or starting it!”

Cracka · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 29, 2020

For Acne: “I had a horrible experience on Alesse birth control and Accutane- it made my skin explode with acne in places I've never had it. It was the worst 4 months- my confidence and skin were just ruined. I made the decision to stop and start Yaz and Tactupump. I was terrified of going through another disaster for my skin and hormones and especially the purging period. However, within a week my skin was drastically different. It was smooth and the pimples on the surface were beginning to heal. A month in of Yaz and this product, my skin has completely changed. It is now completely smooth, something I haven't experienced since January. I've had no crazy purges, just simple dryness and itchiness which I can handle. I am so grateful to have found something to save my skin and calm down the mess Accutane and Alesse left. I still have lots of post acne marks, but my doctor says those will fade with time. I've gotten my confidence back slowly. I can look in the mirror and feel like myself again.”

May June 27, 2020

Epiduo Forte (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: “My dermatologist prescribed me epiduo forte two weeks ago. I’ve been on doxycycline for 5 weeks and around week 3 is when she prescribed me epiduo forte for my acne. I heard, “it gets worse before it gets better” but for me, it just got better.. like.. immediately. Given, I do use strong products on my face like retinoids and chemical peels often. My face has been purging since late March, I feel that I’ve gone through the purge stage already. Then I was left with these horrible dark spots, pin point scars, small acne and red spots from the old acne. Washing my face with a gentle face wash every night then using a small amount of my Epiduo on my troubled areas and then you wake up.. and it’s literally completely different than the night before. It’s what you need if you have cystic acne or scaring or a mixture of both like me. I’m giving it a 9 Because my neck is peeling and burning from it and I’m not sure how since I’ve never placed it down my neck.”

ClearSkinClaire · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 20, 2020

For Acne: “LIFE SAVER !! I’m so happy my doctor prescribed this to me. It’s free for me but I would PAY whatever I needed to. It was a LITERAL transformation for me. My skin is the clearest it’s ever been. I use this stuff religiously every night! It helps clear and prevent breakouts. I had very hormonal acne, mainly just my chin area. My skin is kind of combination, but on the dryer side. This product works amazing. I saw results in 5-8 days.. and my skin was completely cleared up by 1 month. I’ve now been using this for 3.5 months! My basic night routine is cleanse w/ a gentle foaming cleanser for sensitive skin, apply The Originals “Buffet” peptide serum, moisturize with First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream , and then apply the Adapalene and Benzoyl Perozide Gel to my chin/ problem areas/ any pimples if any. Since my skin has cleared up I feel so confident I don’t even wear make up anymore. I feel more beautiful in my own skin! I hope this can aid in helping someone else out!”

Me · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 12, 2020

For Acne: “I’ve been using Tactupump for 1 and a half year and at first my skin was EXTREMELY dry which is a side effect I just used moisterizer 2 times a day and one that helped me a lot. I was using cerave moisturizing cream for dry skin. My skin got discoloration on my forehead I’m not sure if that’s normal but it did. In August of last Year I had clear skin no acne, acne scars or discoloration. Then again in September I went through acne again while still using tactupump and it didn’t go away and I still have it and IDK if the same thing will happen and I will have clear skin for a while but so far I haven’t had discoloration this year around this time I had last year so I’m not sure if anyone can help me but plz do.”

Liz · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 8, 2020

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: “I have had acne my whole life. It started to get extremely bad when my Dr. put me on birth control for hormone therapy. At first I didn't really think the Epiduo cream was working because it made my face worse for 2 good months. My neck would itch extremely bad and when I would work out it would turn bright red. I had read some reviews that said DON'T GIVE UP!! It took a good 6 months for my face to clear but it was so worth it!! This medicine does take time to work but I promise you will feel so much better in the end! Stick with it and you will see results!”

Sarai June 8, 2020

Epiduo Forte (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: “Epiduo works great I had a battle with acne since my teen years. Started this gel & my face has cleared up! it will get worse before it gets better!”

Marie · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 4, 2020

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: “I have suffered with acne since I was 11 years old and I am now 25 years old. I have tried every single prescription medication and over the counter, drugstore treatments going. This was the last resort before starting a course of Accutane which I was very apprehensive about. Nothing has ever worked or came close to working. I used epiduo every night for 3 months until I started to see results. I have hyerpigmentation and scarring but 70 percent of the month I wake up with no or only small whiteheads. Certain times of the month it worsens due to hormones but this isn't an issue compared to what it was like for years before trying this. Its no way perfect or ideal but it's something!”

Kass June 3, 2020

Epiduo Forte (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: “I’ve had clear skin all my life. But when I moved from the desert to Texas, my skin FREAKED with all the humidity. I was breaking out all over my face. My dermatologist gave me epiduo forte and, after using it as prescribed, my face was SO dry, red, tight, and uncomfortable. I apparently have perioral dermatitis too so the gel made the skin around my mouth and eyes dry and peel. All the dry skin would get on my pillow and then to my neck and I was getting these horrible red rashes all over my neck. I couldn’t exercise because sweating made my face burn like crazy. I had to stop. Fast forward 6 months and nothing was working. So I tried Epiduo Forte again. I am SO GLAD I DID. I switched from using it at night to applying it in the morning so I can moisturize during the day. My skin DID crack and peel for a week. And it’s not completely clear yet. But, after less than a month of using it consistently, my skin is the clearest it’s been in a year. I wish I’d stuck with it months ago!”

Cruz · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 2, 2020

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: “Epiduo has honestly been the only product which has had a significant impact on my skin. My acne got much worse on epiduo for a couple of months (worse than ever before), but I stuck with it and now five months into treatment, my acne has completely gone. Only minor scars remain from the intense period which are getting less notable by the day. I definitely recommend anyone suffering with moderate acne to try it!”

Jess June 1, 2020

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: “This was a lifesaver! I struggled with genetic acne for about 6 years until I came across Epiduo. I used it three times a week for about 3 weeks and then after I used it every night. My skin completely cleared up within two months! It WILL make your skin very dry so I would recommend using a hydrating toner, and make sure your skin care products aren’t too strong as the combination of them and epiduo will irritate your skin (my mistake! If it does happen, invest in a skin regenerating night cream to bring back your natural oils) I also used alpha arbutin serum to fade scars and SPF30 in my moisturiser which helped a lot! For great results make sure your whole routine is well tailored, don’t rely on this alone! And stay consistent!”

Aris · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 17, 2020

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: “Pros: Clears acne, mainly teenage acne vulgaris in an amazing way it should have got a 10 grade Cons: Dries your skin and if you have dry skin then you will have problem at the winter months Tip: Use a pea sized and a half amount to the whole face don't overuse it and you won't have dryness It completely deserves its money it's a life saver”

Tt · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 16, 2020

Epiduo Forte (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: “Epiduo Forte is actually quite good for hyperpigmentation as it renews the skin faster and the spots fade. It does take time. I put it on every night for nearly 7 months. This medication was expensive in my country but I really wanted to solve my acne problem. I still had breakouts just significantly less. It does not help with oily skin. A side effect is flaky skin. I eventually had to take Accutane because my acne was very persistent and hormonal based but want to give this medication credit for helping with my dark spots.”

LongTime · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 14, 2020

Epiduo Forte (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: “I had used EpiDuo from early 2017-Mid 2019 and it kept my skin CLEAR. Out of no where my skin started breaking out worse than it ever had before. It was targeted around my chin, and jawline and crept up my cheeks onto my nose. After trying everything under the sun I gave in and went back to my Dr who recommended I try the new, stronger version EpiDuo Forte. It takes time but this stuff always works. It was probably about three months until my skin cleared and I was only left with scarring. With patience, and consistency (probably the other most important thing) and a simple skincare routine that compliments EpiDuo Forte it works best. I only ever experienced a burning sensation the first few uses, and I haven't found it particularly stripping. *Please note I am from Australia so my cost will be different, and actually reflects a bottle which lasts be 6+months”

Gracie May 5, 2020

Epiduo Forte (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: “If you have super OILY skin, Epiduo Forte might work wonders for you. I have an extremely oily forehead to the point where I could go all day without touching my face, and it will end up being visibly shiny and gross. However, the rest of my face remains dry. This medication works wonders on oily, acne prone skin. My forehead cleared after only a few days of use, and it completely eliminated the excess oil on my forehead, making me feel confident. HOWEVER, I also break out terribly on my chin, which is not oily at all. This medication does cause the areas around my mouth to become red and flaky. I moisturize these parts of my face daily. In my opinion, Epiduo Forte has been more successful than not, and works wonders for me. No store bought acne cream has ever worked for me, but Epiduo Forte clears my face in a few days and keeps it that way with regular use. If I start to experience too much peeling, I will use it twice a day on my forehead, and once every other day on my chin.”

Carol May 4, 2020

Epiduo Forte (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: “I have had severe acne for most of my life, to the point where my face was always red and was covered with acne. My mom took me to the dermatologist in January of 2019 and I was prescribed this. I noticed little difference the first few months but after using it CONSISTENTLY for about 6 months, I noticed a significant improvement in my acne, to the point where 90% of my acne had disappeared and I only had fading scars. Since then I've continued to use it and I would 100% recommend it to another teenager suffering from acne. However, there are some drawbacks. My face burned almost every night after using this (especially for the first month) and my face and lips would get really dry without moisturizer. At about three or four months, my face got used to the medication and the pain lessened. However, despite the side effects, I would definitely say the improvements to my acne was worth it.”

Sybil May 3, 2020

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: “This is my third week of epiduo. All my life I’ve had beautiful skin. Until I turned 28 and had horrible hormonal acne on my cheeks and jawline. The acne is a combination of blackheads, cysts, comedones, white heads and IT IS PAINFUL. My skin is oily too! I just look at my face and want to cry. My doctor prescribed epiduo and Dermaplex soap free face scrub and the first week burnt like anything. My skin felt like it was on fire and I was told to use an SPF moisturizer along with it burnt as soon as I applied anything, the itchiness was irritating too but I pushed through. I’m on my third week and I still have these hard bumps under my skin and whiteheads that seem to come overnight but I’m being patient as I heard that it takes about 2 months to see real results. I want to avoid any oral treatment for my acne as I’m trying to have a baby and meds like accutane are said to cause severe birth defects. I will give an update in a few weeks about the epiduo and the baby. Wish me luck!”