User Reviews for Adapalene / benzoyl peroxide

Also known as: Epiduo, Epiduo Forte

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Adapalene/benzoyl peroxide.

Acne
7.5

Summary of Adapalene/benzoyl peroxide reviews 7.5 598 reviews

Reviews for Adapalene/benzoyl peroxide

Epiduo Forte (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I started getting adult acne at 35. I’d never had acne in my life. It was horrible. Along my jaw line I had all kinds of acne. Cystic, whiteheads, blackheads, no heads...lol. I went to a dermatologist and had chemical peels. Used expensive skin care regimens prescribed by my esthetician. $1000’s later, I tried epiduo forte. I have been in treatment now for 8 weeks and I can see a remarkable difference. And it’s not just me, my husband noticed initially. Yes it stings a little and if you aren't using a moisturizer, you will get peeling and dry skin. I am sure to put on an extremely high SPF EVERY DAY. (Very important)"

Pimple pop (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2018

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "My only regret is not using Epiduo sooner. I was given antibiotics from my doctor to help clear my breakouts and each time I got off of them, the breakouts would come back. I didn’t know what to do until I went to a dermatologist. I was fed up with antibiotics but he set me up with a plan to go on antibiotics for 6 months more months but while using epiduo. Eventually I weaned off the antibiotics and continued my use with epiduo. It’s 6 months later and my skin is still amazing! Epiduo saved me from using accutane."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 16, 2018

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I love this product! It really works for me! I wish I could show you photos! I have two pics of my forehead where I tried to clear up and it went from crazy lumpy to clear slate in 20 days! Maybe I was just lucky or this is exactly what my skin needed. I definitely would give it a go. A heads up... it is pretty painful for people like me with sensitive skin but just think of the out come :)"

Anonymous January 15, 2018

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "Epiduo has saved my life!! I tried everything and started to give up on trying! A friend told me about epiduo I was very reluctant and said doubt it would work but I give it a try. I went doctors and got my prescription. Started working within 2 weeks I had big red spots which couldn’t be covered with makeup; felt very embrassed stressed and self conscious at all times. Now I don’t even have one spot. Get the one here and there I put the gel at night and the spot is gone in the morning. It’s actually like magic!! Didn’t ever think something like this would exist:"

Kiki123!? January 11, 2018

For Acne: "I felt like I tried everything for my skin and It started to get to the stage where I didn't want to go out and meet my friends. I have only been taking this for a few weeks and have noticed a massive improvement already. Obviously my acne has not completely cleared but it's getting a lot better. I started off by putting it on once every 3 days because my doctor said that is the best way to get my skin used to it and reduce the dryness and redness that comes with it"

Jackbrown1989 January 10, 2018

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "A dermatologist prescribed Epiduo, then Epiduo forte for my acne. I used it for over a year. It only helped a little with the breakouts, and it made my skin super dry, super sensitive and red. I think it's a big waste of money."

Don't waste your money January 6, 2018

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "This stuff takes time for your skin to get used to and to show results, but IT WORKS, for me at least. I had severe acne and tried everything. I have gone off of this stuff 3 times thinking I had finally outgrown my acne and everytime it came back. I am 25 and my acne is all kinds (cystic, big, small, blackheads, etc) this clears it all. Give it several months to a year. I know that sounds like a long time, but it's worth it. I hope they make it a bit easier to access and so you don't have to use galdermas special card for it to be affordable. This is the only stuff that WORKS. Period. I've been to many dermatologists and aestheticians and this stuff outperforms everything."

Zipper45 January 5, 2018

Epiduo Forte (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I’m 24 and have had moderate acne with a lot of cysts mostly on the lower half of my face for the last couple years. I started taking spironolactone in the summer, but my dermatologist also put me on retin-a-micro. I gave the retin-a about 5 months, but it just didn’t do the job for the remaining pimples I was getting. So she switched me to Epiduo Forte and I’m not even kidding, it cleared up the pimples I had and my face was clear within a few days. I didn’t have a purge phase, but I think that’s because I went straight from using retin-a to this (and I did have a pretty bad purge when I started that). I would highly recommend giving this a try if you have adult acne. I always thought it was just for teens, but it’s worked wonders for me!"

Lydiadh (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 2, 2018

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "Around 4 months ago I had a major breakout which I put down to hormones. However I noticed it getting gradually worse to the point where, even after changing my skincare routine and diet numerous times, it wasn’t improving. I was prescribed Epiduo by the doctor and after a week of using it I can see a clear difference. Granted my acne hasn’t completely gone but I need to give the gel more time to do it’s magic. My only issue is that during this past week it has made my previous scars appear more red, but hopefully they will also disappear in time along with my acne."

Lauren T (taken for less than 1 month) January 2, 2018

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I waited 6 mos. to write an accurate review. I understand the struggle of battling acne and how unique each case is to the individual. I am an Asian 28 y.o. woman, who dealt with acne in my high school/college years (oily/combination skin). My acne cleared up, but in my late 20s, hormonal acne plagued my mouth/chin area. Horrific. I always wore make up, because acne left marks, but with this hormonal acne, I REALLY piled it on. I used some Dr. Dennis Gross acne pads, which REALLY were working. They burned, but after about 2-3 weeks, I could see a difference. Then, my dermatologist prescribed Epiduo. I stopped using the pads, and Epiduo worked its magic. I went through extreme dryness but my skin got used to it. Last week, I went barefaced."

Ella Cee December 29, 2017

Epiduo Forte (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "After trying and failing many antibiotics and topicals, I began to feel as accutane would be my only solution. After switching to a dermatologist from a doctor, she recommended I try Epiduo Forte before committing to accutane. In all honesty, the first few weeks will be brutal. The itching and burning is next to unbearable along with red puffy dry skin. My acne also got worse for the first month until about one and a half months in, when all my active pimples started to shrink and disappear. However, I was left with a nasty case of hyperpigmentation, but now after almost 1 year of use I am so close to completely clear skin! (Applied every night)"

Jared17 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 19, 2017

Epiduo Forte (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "Epiduo works! You have to give it time. I’m on my 6th week & my skin has dramatically cleared. Around my cycle break outs still happen but full results aren’t to be seen until around 8 weeks. Push through the purging it’s awful and my skin looked the worse it’s ever been! One day everything started improving. Washing my face with cetaphil in the morning and at night definitely made a difference as well. Keep pushing!"

Jlc1448 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 16, 2017

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "My poor daughter. Middle schooler suffering through acne...Tried everything but no avail. She tried epiduo! Recommend it but, beware of burning of face and dryness, that means it works! Beauty hearts. -Isabella W."

IsabellaWyrick December 16, 2017

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I am literally one of those people that never wanted to take my makeup off, would always say to people if they were sleeping round ‘btw I have bad skin’ and I’m not joking when I say I NEVER thought anything would work for me, I have literally tried nearly everything. I went to a dermatologist for a year and nothing they gave me worked, I went to the doctors like a week ago and got prescribed Yasmin (I haven’t been experiencing any side effects if anyone is wondering) and this stuff and honestly my skin is actually going in the right direction, I hope it carries on like this! Cause soon I won’t feel like garbage about my skin anymore which is truly so weird to say. Best of luck to you all and I hope this/you find something that works for you!"

Lvinskinyyy December 14, 2017

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I’ve been using Epiduo for a couple of months now. I would say that it has cleared my forehead completely and the acne on my cheeks has improved, the texture of my skin is smoother and I definitely get less breakouts. I think you have to be patient with this gel, the first time I used it it burnt my skin however after it healed I tried again but I applied it and washed it off after 5-10 minutes and just increased the time I left it on until I was able to leave it overnight. Another disadvantage of using the gel is that it bleached your skin and red scars appear to Be more prominent."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2017

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "Epiduo has been a wonder for me! I was prescribed Epiduo along with an oral antibiotic, once everything cleared, I stopped the antibiotics and now just use the Epiduo to maintain. It's great at stopping potential breakouts and makes my skin feel beautiful! The only downside for me is that it bleaches my bedding and clothes, but it's a small price to pay for good skin!"

CJ88 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 14, 2017

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I have been using it since I started high school and has helped a lot. I also struggle with eczema so I was quite reluctant at first. The trick is to use it in moderation. Small amounts and also applied on as a thin layer."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 13, 2017

Epiduo Forte (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I had bad acne and terrible cystic bumps especially around “that time”. I was getting cortisone injections at least 3 times a month for painful bumps. My doctor prescribed Epiduo Forte on 10/28/27 and my skin had been beautiful. I didn't even have a bad hormonal break out just a few small pimples that epiduo dried right out. I love this stuff and I am in awe at my skin. I will say that you NEED a good moisturizer because it will dry your skin. Other that THUMBS UP!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2017

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "The best acne stuff I have ever used, been using for a week and already have completely clear skin which I haven't had in years, after trying many things from the doctors this is by far the best I LOVE it"

Jessy B (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2017

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "This product is amazing, I used to have loads of acne, pimples and bumps all over my face and it cleared it all within a few weeks. However I recommend after applying the Epiduo for you to apply a face moisturiser to avoid any burn or red scars in your face."

Sara R. (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2017

For Acne: "Been taking this for about 3 months and acne as minimally improved."

Anonymous December 5, 2017

Epiduo Forte (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I'm a little over a month using this cream to help clear mild acne. The first few weeks were horrible. Face would sting especially around mouth & corner of eyes. Skin was peeling & super dry, with dry patches appearing during the day. I use it every night & if needed would take a night off. However I stopped feeling them around week 3. My routine is: exfoliate face w/ philosophy exfoliating wash, followed with cleanse with their face wash. I apply a vitamin c serum (trueskin is the brand) leave to air dry for 2 mins then I use CeraVe daily moisturizer applying a generous amount. Wait 5mins then apply one pump epiduo forte gel on cheeks/chin. My skin looks drastically clearer. Still get break outs around cycle but they don't last long at all"

VAGirl007 December 4, 2017

Epiduo Forte (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "The worse thing I could’ve possibly do for my acne. I am a young African American female, I’m a brown complexion & ever since I started using this on my face, I no longer have dark spots, I have dark sections. It’s awful !"

Nae Cremè November 24, 2017

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "This was amazing - worked just as effectively as roaccutance for me (which I had been on twice) however it stopped working after two years. I must have built up a tolerance to it. I genuinely thought I'd be able to use this for life. I'm hoping to give it a try again in 6 months"

Amyj123 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 18, 2017

Epiduo (adapalene / benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "Hey guys so I had mild acne for about half a year now. Got loads on my nose and my dermatologist gave me epiduo despite me warning him that I had a bad reaction to Duac too. It's been 4 weeks and I stopped using this after day 3. My entire face was swollen and whole face red. The redness is still all there and it still hasn't gone at all. I have marks all over my nose and face and just don't know what to do anymore. Please help. I wouldn't even rate this a 0 it ruined my skin. Never use this again"

Tau November 13, 2017