User Reviews for Diamox to treat Glaucoma

Diamox Rating Summary

5.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 72 medications used in the treatment of Glaucoma.

Reviews for Diamox

Pete · Taken for less than 1 month December 10, 2019

“Reduced my eye pressure after a vitrectomy. Initially made me spacey and sleepy with Pins and needles but hey small price to pray to protect my vision and lower my eye pressure from 50 to 40 and so on. Used in conjunction eye drops. I’ve only used short term. I’ve read several other side affects and have experienced the need to go urinate often.”

Jas August 2, 2019

“I don’t like this one bit, the first day I took it I felt like I was having a massive panic attack or I was going to go crazy, I tried to stick it out for a couple more days and take it right before I sleep and that helped but honestly it’s such a pain to eat and take it right before bed and force yourself to sleep otherwise your going to have to go to hospital... it has really red marks whenever I lean on arm, hand. Anyways I don’t like it but everyone’s different so give it a shot :)”

RAMKEY February 17, 2018

“Its a good medicine to decrease the Eye pressure. While taking this tab - depression and dark thoughts are more and I have no interest in food, and also my hands tickle like they are in water. Now I've stopped the medicine, my eye pressure become normal and constant. After stopping the medicine it takes a few days to decrease all the worst symptoms. ”

Gfa July 13, 2016

“Miserable! I was tired. Weak, couldn't stand or walk. My lips were chapped, burning and the corners of my mouth were red and raw. Food and drink burned when swallowed .”

nygirl70 · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 26, 2015

“I have congenital glaucoma this medication was prescribed to me in 2009 the worse medication I've ever had. Tingling of the toes, fingers at times lips. Worse headache of my life and it's related to Diamox according to my doctor. The headache becomes so bad I can't think straight. It doesn't lower eye pressure for me in its entirety. But to a certain degree. Also, accompanied with this medication it falls down horribly on my stomach unbelievable pain as well as dizzy symptoms. Doctor stated to me that this medication does produce these side effects.”

InformedPatient December 26, 2014

“I have been on Diamox 3 times now to manage spikes in eye pressure. On all three occasions my eye pressure soared into the 60's and 70's before I started to come down 7-11 hours later. My body temperature plummeted, I just shivered and could not keep warm for the first few hours. Within the first 24 hours my legs weakened considerably and significantly limited my capacity to walk. My speech and cognitive function also slowed noticeably. Using Diamox for over one week triggered mood changes and suicidal thoughts. While on this my blood pressure was on the low side. Upon discontinuation of this my blood pressure soared to 166/110 with some fluctuations for 2weeks afterwards. I hope sharing this helps others.”

Marydoll March 2, 2014

“I am taking Diamox this is the 3rd time I have been prescribed this. It definitely works but side effects this time worst of all. Am dizzy and fell, pins and needles hands, feet and face. Headache don't know if medication or from fall. Nausea.”

AngeS · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 28, 2012

“I have been recently diagnosed with the disease called BIH which occurs mostly in women and very young children and currently taking Diamox with annoying side effects such as pins and needles in feet, hands and lips which can last up to 2 hours at a time and be painful. I wake every night with interrupted sleep with a headache or temperature! I have been turned off a lot of food but mainly fizzy drinks.”

Abree March 22, 2011

“I was given Diamox to prevent any increase in eye pressure after an ICL surgery (basically cataract surgery). My pressures were great, but the side effects from this were no fun. I experienced dizziness, tingling in my toes, and worst of all, my taste was off. The worse taste difference I noticed was in caffeinated beverages and that's what caused my to do some looking around to see what was going on.”

Anonymous August 20, 2010

“I had high pressure in eye after cataract surgery. This lowered the pressure in two days. Made me spacey and I slept a lot but it worked!”

Anonymous May 19, 2010

“I had cataract surgery 7 days ago. Diamox is very effective to reduce the pressure in the eye but the problem is side effects. I had no appetite, constipation and hearing loss. I am hoping it will go away in few days. Anybody out there had similar experience, please share with us. Thanks.”

Bobotcr November 20, 2008

“In a pretty critical situation after cataract surgery, this drug brought it totally in line. Side effects for me were mild though annoying. Of all of the side effects, a spacey feeling for about 10 minutes the first two times, and tingling fingers and toes. All in all worth it for short term treatment.”

Learn more about Glaucoma

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)