User Reviews for Percocet to treat Pain (Page 5)

Percocet Rating Summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1465 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Percocet

TZone August 17, 2010

“Minor side effects, worked great.”

chaufergirl August 11, 2010

“This medicine gets rid of my back pain from spondylosis and rheumatoid arthritis. Pain relief within 15 minutes.”

indianhead August 1, 2010

“Arthritis - A true wonder drug. I've been using it for 10 years and it has allowed me to function an an optimum level. But the doctors are so wary and suspicious. I get only 40 pills for 3 months and suffer on days I cannot take it. I believe in relieving pain, and this narcotic drug will do it. Nothing else matches it.”

Kdon July 16, 2010

“I have herniated discs in my lower back from a fall. I generally don't like taking narcotic pain killers, but it gets to a certain point where I would take anything to make the pain stop. That's when I take one 5/325 Percocet. It takes 90% of my pain away when I take it with Motrin. I've tried every non narcotic pain reliever and had no results. I tried Ultram with high hopes but it didn't help. It's a shame that because of abuse this medication is so frowned upon (and hard to get even if you really need it). It's so helpful for me and gets me through days that I would otherwise spend crying or in bed. The only downside is if I have to take it a couple days in a row I get constipated. I have no dizziness, high feeling or nausea.”

Anonymous July 13, 2010

“I am 73. I could not exercise due to arthritis pain. I was advised to have my knee replaced but was not willing because of many other medical problems. I was fearful of further strain on my body. Percocet (5/325) allowed me to return to swimming laps 30-40 minutes a day and to walk 30-40 minutes a day. I only take it before exercising. It is wonderful. My strength has increased and my arthritis is better. My knee has stabilized to some extent.”

Anonymous May 31, 2010

“Taken for lower back pain - sciatica... 5/325's and finding relief at by spreading it throughout the day, but side effects are bad for me (pretty serious dizziness, even some hallucinations). I've never been prescribed it before - pain relief is good, but have side effects. Starting physical therapy which might help in long run. ”

freybaby April 6, 2010

“I take this for the bad days of my chronic pain syndrome that my doctor won't give an official diagnosis, but basically the symptoms are like those of fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue syndromes. We've ruled out everything else! Anyway, I also take it for migraines, as I unfortunately don't tolerate the typical medicines for those. As long as I really moderate how much and how often I take it, the pain is much more tolerable. Not gone, but much better than it would otherwise be without it! The downside to this drug (like all of the other opiates) is that I've built a tolerance to it over the years. Fortunately have never become physically dependent on it! I find that it is better for me than Vicodin or Darvocet because it has less gastrointestinal side effects.”

jglo April 5, 2010

“I had oral surgery and was prescribed Demerol which made me feel sick not to mention I could still feel the pain somewhat. I.called the doctor who then prescribed Percocet 10/325. Not only did it knock out the pain completely but the side effects were practically non existent. Just a little sweating and and kind of a warm feeling but I could function like normally. I didn't feel out of it like the Demerol made me feel. All I can say is it worked perfectly for me.”

Anonymous April 5, 2010

“Have been taking 6 tabs 5/325 a day for three months now for post herpatic neuralgia (post shingles of the right side of my face and my right eye). I can function with this medication, without it the pain leaves me useless.”

Coal Miner February 2, 2010

“I have been taking Percocet 10/650 3x a day for a few years now due to back and neck pain after a roof fall in the coal mines when I was 24, I'm 28 now. I lost my insurance, and had to go to a different doctor. Due to my age they don't want to give the Percocet's any more. When I was taking the Percocet's I had a normal day to day life, but now the pain is starting to come back. Percocet helps me better than anything else I have ever taken. I give it a 10 out of 10.”

mamasan December 27, 2009

“Have struggled for almost two years with pain when I eat and after numerous tests and several procedures/surgeries, mjy doctor told me to take Percocet. It works amazingly well. BUT....after being on it for several days I go through bouts of depression - sometimes for just a few hours, sometimes for a day or two. Have tried many other drugs, however, and this is the only one that doesn't have other horrible side effects. Have great family support, so will stay with Percocet.”

Amelia W December 10, 2009

“My husband had his wisdom teeth surgically removed a few days ago. His doctor prescribed this medicine for the pain and he says it really helps him. They were giving him this in the hospital and he went from a 7 to a 2. I say it does what it is supposed to do very well. He hasn't had any upset stomach problems yet, but it does put him to sleep.”

Anonymous December 9, 2009

“Minimal side effects. It takes a lot of them to help me out but they do more so than Norco or Vicodin without having the extreme side effects of Oxycontin or Dilaudid. Percocet is a pretty good median. It's my favorite pain reliever so far.”

leahevil December 7, 2009

“I have recently been prescribed Percocet for pain in relation to blood clots and 2 herniated discs in my back. I was on Dilaudid for a long time, and obviously, the doctor wanted me off. He initially took me down to 5mg Lortab which did NOTHING. Then he bumped me up to 10/325mg Percocet 4 x daily using 2 of them for breakthrough pain. I've yet to get the prescription filled because I have no insurance, but I have used them in the past with fairly decent results. It comes nowhere near IV Dilaudid which is the ONLY thing that takes my pain completely away for about 2-3 hours, but I can't be hooked up to an IV the rest of my life. (Although I would if I could just so I could be pain free!) I'll give it a 7 for what it does.”

Chris133344 December 6, 2009

“I was in a rollover car accident and suffered a broken wrist and two herniated discs which nobody will operate on because I am 22. I have severe pain from my back laying down and sitting up. I was at first on Darvocet, then hydrocodone, and then a kind doctor wrote me Percocet. It has helped my pain a lot. My father is also on it. He has had four back surgeries and about to have a 5th (lumbar fusion) and he takes it 5x and it has done wonders for him. It helps him to get out of bed.”

chebeisen November 21, 2009

“It seems the only relief I have gotten has been with Percocet along with muscle relaxers and Neurontin for bee sting pain associated with the nerves.”

dash123 November 16, 2009

“These help me better then Vicodin. Have tried numerous pills - I have Lupus.”

Anonymous November 11, 2009

“Eases pain - don't take it away.”

ramassist2 November 7, 2009

“Have battled post traumatic osteoarthritis for years. Over the counter medicines not too effective and I have been through all of the other classes of prescription pain relievers. My doctor prescribed Nucynta (synthetic opioid), made me feel tired and most of the pain was still present. Finally switched me to Percocet, it is absolutely amazing. Although there is some pain occasionally for the most part it is gone and I have much more energy and my depression has lifted. I have also found that most doctor's resist prescribing it and take you through round after round of various pain medicines. With Percocet, I found that it works and I can finally take control of my pain. My days are filled with more vitality and enthusiasm.”

Male-50 November 6, 2009

“Recently prescribed Percocet following lumbar fusion after several years on Vicodin. I saw one person say the opposite, and the reaction with individuals could be different, but Percocet makes me feel disoriented with 2 tabs (5mg each). Even heard about a crisis with an elderly person for disorientation while in my surgeon's office several weeks ago. My job requires mental sharpness and I have to say Vicodin is clearly superior and a better pain reliever for me in that regard. I generally break the pills in half to match what would have been the Percocet level effect for pain as Vicodin is more potent. I would not know what is like to take pain medication for enjoyment and never felt addicted in that sense but I have strict discipline.”

26 yo Female October 24, 2009

“I was recently diagnosed with gallstones and had to go to the ER yesterday because I couldn't sleep from the pain and haven't been able to eat more than 400 cal/day, since eating causes the pain. They gave me one tablet of Percocet and a prescription for just a few more until I can get into surgery. I have to say, it is a-maz-ing. I've been going through debilitating pain for 2 weeks waiting around for doctors to diagnose me with what I already figured I had and one tablet of 5-325 knocked all that pain right out of me. Best part is that I was able to eat, take a pill, and even after the pill wore off I both felt like myself AND was pain-free! I was able to sleep and eat last night and I'm so SO happy!”

whoome999 October 21, 2009

“I must say that I enjoy taking Percocet. 1 5/325 every 3 hours for leg pain. This pill really works for me and a lot of other people too. ”

Zigany October 16, 2009

“My pain was stopping me from having quality of life!”

Anonymous October 15, 2009

“This medication works great for pain and it absolutely changes your mood, which is how people become addicted to it. I think oxycodone should be used as an antidepressant because it works much better than the one I'm taking, but I'm not a doctor. This medicine works awesome for pain, I highly recommend it. I've taken it for over a year and it still works great. I take 2-5mg tablets 3 times daily for severe back pain. Works quickly and has little side effects, makes me a little tired and lifts my mood for sure. Love it!”

rhollusstar October 5, 2009

“I have been on Percocet about two years ago for degenerative disc disease. It helped a lot, but it can be habit forming. Be very careful with this medicine; take ONLY as prescribed, and it will help you.”