Systane Ultra PF
Generic Name: Artificial Tears Eye Drops (ar ti FISH il tears)
Brand Name: Bion Tears, Blink Tears, Clear Eyes All Seasons, Clear Eyes Natural Tears, Dakrina, ...show all 30 brand names.Dwelle, Freshkote, HypoTears, LiquiTears, Moisture Eyes, Murine Tears, NutraTear, Optics Mini Drops, Refresh, Soothe, Soothe Hydration, Soothe XP, Systane, Systane Balance, Systane Contacts, Systane Preservative Free, Systane Ultra, Systane Ultra Home-Away Pack, Systane Ultra PF, Tears Again, Tears Naturale Forte, Tears Naturale II, Tears Pure, Ultra Lubricant Eye Drops, Viva-Drops
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jun 26, 2020.
Uses of Systane Ultra PF:
- It is used to treat dry eyes.
- It is used to treat eye irritation.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Systane Ultra PF?
- If you are allergic to Systane Ultra PF (artificial tears eye drops); any part of Systane Ultra PF (artificial tears eye drops); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take Systane Ultra PF (artificial tears eye drops) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Systane Ultra PF?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Systane Ultra PF (artificial tears eye drops). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Do not take Systane Ultra PF (artificial tears eye drops) by mouth. If Systane Ultra PF (artificial tears eye drops) is put in the mouth or swallowed, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan on getting pregnant, or are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks to you and the baby.
How is this medicine (Systane Ultra PF) best taken?
Use Systane Ultra PF (artificial tears eye drops) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- For the eye only.
- Some of these products are not for use if you are wearing contact lenses. Be sure you know if you need to avoid wearing contact lenses while using this product.
- Do not touch the container tip to the eye, lid, or other skin.
- Put the cap back on after you are done using your dose.
- Wash your hands before and after use.
- Tilt your head back and drop drug into the eye.
- After use, keep your eyes closed. Put pressure on the inside corner of the eye. Do this for 1 to 2 minutes. This keeps the drug in your eye.
- Some of these drugs need to be shaken before use. Be sure you know if this product needs to be shaken before using it.
- Do not use Systane Ultra PF (artificial tears eye drops) if the solution changes color, is cloudy, or has particles. Get a new one.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- If you use Systane Ultra PF (artificial tears eye drops) on a regular basis, use a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not use 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
- Many times Systane Ultra PF (artificial tears eye drops) is used on an as needed basis. Do not use more often than told by the doctor.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
- Change in eyesight, eye pain, or very bad eye irritation.
What are some other side effects of Systane Ultra PF?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if you have any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
How do I store and/or throw out Systane Ultra PF?
- Store at room temperature.
- Be sure you know how long you can store Systane Ultra PF (artificial tears eye drops) before you need to throw it away.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about Systane Ultra PF (artificial tears eye drops), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
More about ocular lubricant ophthalmic
- Side Effects
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 94 Reviews
- Drug class: ophthalmic lubricants and irrigations
- FDA Alerts (6)
- Ocular lubricant
- Artificial Tears Eye Drops
- Artificial Tears Eye Ointment
- Hydroxypropyl Cellulose
- Hydroxypropyl cellulose Ophthalmic (Advanced Reading)